Invitation Hotel Reviews

11 Ramsis St. Abdelmonem Riyad sq, Down Town, Cairo, Egypt

No Rating

Its more like an old hotel. The host is a great guy, but the place is not a common hostel with travelers. Just local people.

Its a nice place to stay in the heart of Cairo.

• 19th Apr 2012
  • Mexico

Very nice and welcoming staff. The rooms are in the average, not luxurious, but also not untidy. I remommend it.

• 10th Feb 2012
  • Spain

A nice, clean hotel in an excellent location, with friendly and helpful staff. The location really is unbeatable - in walking distance to the National Museum, Tahrir square, and the intriguing Cafe Riche. One complaint: I hired a car through the hotel for a tour of the pyramids and the driver took me to a a very expensive camel ride operator in Giza and then a "papyrus factory". Although the pressure was subtle, I did feel compelled to spend money that I would not have otherwise.

Staff are lovely and very helpful negotiating the challenges of Cairo.

• 22nd Dec 2011

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

Great place, I fell in love with the staff, they really go out of their way to help and accomodate you, it's a great value for your money. I absolutely recommend the Initation hotel

Thank you. You are also one of our best friends.You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel.

I really thought everything was perfect except the room wasn’t clean enough. I really enjoyed my stay at the Invitation Hotel and I will be back again next year! I also want to say a big thank you to Mr. Mohamed for driving me around. Mohamed is a great man and I really hope to meet with him again. I would happily recommend Mr. Mohamed to other Hotel guest, if they wanted a great driver like Mohamed to drive them around Egypt.

• 21st Oct 2011

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

The staff go out of there way to be helpful. We love you Sherri.

I stayed here for four nights and would return as i felt the employees really made the place. I asked them questions, asked for advice, and after a frightfully awful experience with the October riots i felt that the hotel was a safe haven. Everyone there rushed to my aid and i think that speaks volumes for what kind of place it is. Cairo itself can be intense, single female traveller aside, so it's nice to know that you have some Egyptians you can trust. Also - good tours . and fair prices,

Great staff .

Great people, great place - located at downtown Cairo. Really super friendly place - would return. However, when they organise the tour to the pyramids, it's annoying that the driver takes you to perfume shops and papyrus shops in order to buy things (despite their claims, you do feel pressured) - would be nice if they asked you initially if you wanted to go there.

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

It was great service, had a wonderful time!

• 14th Aug 2011

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

Great staff, friendly people. The hotel has large, clean rooms. You get more than what you pay for...

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

Great! Airport pick-up, reseasonable price,great location: foreign exchange ATM 20m, Metro 200m, Museum 5mins. And most important great stuff!

• 19th Jan 2011
  • China
  • Mixed Group

Thank you very much. You are welcome in Egypt and specially in Invitation Hotel

Great budget hotel and Tefa extremely helpful. Only downside is the cigarette smoke. If you are a smoker this is the place for you but if you like fresh air you will be restricted to your room. Location fanatsic, close to museum and bus to pyramids.

I traveled to Cairo in January of 2011 for 5 days and 4 nights. Other than some basic research on the city, I had little knowlege of Cairo upon my arrival. Enter Tifa and staff at the Invitation Hotel. Not only did I feel safe and attended to, but they truely helped me see the city in a way that I otherwise wouldn't have. They scheduled each of my day trips to various sights and cities and provided me a driver/tour guide to each. I highly recommend Invitation Hotel to any budget traveler.

The most important aspect of this hotel is that it provides a very cheap accommodation in the Cairo city centre. With its price tags, it is a better bargain than the dorms. The hotel staff especially Tiefa (sic) and Mohammad Yousef were very helpful. They provided impartial advice about local trips. Don't expect this to be a paradise for you are getting what you are paying. It's as good as Tesco's value brand.

Very close to an extremely busy intersection; noise is constant, however, central location compensates. Front of House staff welcoming and helpful - local info, booking trips. Generally a bit a tired and frayed at the edges; could compete as "clean and comfortable" with a bit of attention to housekeeping - dirty ashtrays at breakfast not appealing. Please decide whether the kitchen is for guests' individual use; if so, could do with a refit. Free internet definately a bonus.

Invitation was a great place to stay for the price. Tefa and Mohammed were both extremely helpful and went out of their way to help organize things to see and do throughout Egypt at very affordable prices in comparison to what can be found at a travel agency or even when trying to piece things together on your own. One of their private drivers, Ahmed was often very helpful in getting us were we needed to go. If you go there, ask Tefa and Mohammed to help you and for Ahmed to be your driver.

• 17th Dec 2010

We enjoyed our stay there very much. The staff, especially Tefa were very helpful, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. They made some travel arrangements for us, which went extremely well. Tefa also gave us useful advise in regards to tipping, rip-offs, price of taxis etc. The plumbing works well in the hotel (a rarity in Egypt)! The rooms are clean, a decent size and fresh looking. We would stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4