Ipanema Beach House Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A really chilled out vibe , a very relaxed hostel which is in a great location - arguably the best location in rio . The swimming pool is a fantastic addition along with the hammocks and also hit showers . Would recommend fr people looking to relax with a good location

Perfect location a few blocks from the beach - great swimming! Pool was awesome, cool atmosphere with lots of friendly travellers, beers and water available any time. Not too noisy if want to sleep but can drink out the front till quite late without disturbing others. Staff friendly but quite stressed sometimes. Private room expensive, room with aircon same price as without.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Would be the perfect place if it had aircon...so unbelievably hot in the rooms. Couldn't sleep at all. Ruined the stay that otherwise would have been perfect.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. We loved everything about it including the people we met and the shower pressure - was actually very decent compared to other places we have stayed. The only thing I would suggest was slightly better breakfasts other than bread and cheese. But that's it! Otherwise it was amazing xo

• 27th Jan 2015

Despite I made the booking for me and my friend in the hostel 3 months in ahead (high season!!) when we arrived, they told us that there was a mistake with our reservation and we had place only for one person not for 2. It was terrible because Rio de Janeiro was full in Januanry and there was no place in another hostel. We were worried the whole day till finally they found a free bed in other room. The staff didnt take our problem as serious!!

The place is awesome, I spend a few days there but I've really enjoyed them. Just one thing, one of the receptionist, a brunette guy, is not the most kind of all, is not the most polite either but after that the place is great.

Couldn't get out fast enough. -Registered me for the wrong day - Advertises air conditioning but there was none -Rooms were full of mosquitoes -Sheets were literally disintegrating as I slept -No security within the hostel, dorm doors and windows left wide open with no locks -Bathrooms had trash cans overflowing with used toilet paper -Nobody recorded my payment -Asked to call a taxi and was told had to book 1 day in advance -Fridge a wall of old food -Staff nice, good wifi and location

Best location in Ipanema beach, awesome pool and chill out spot. Really close to the beach, supermarkets and right in the epicenter of the most exclusive bars, restaurants and clubs Rio has to offer. Only downside was no A/C in some of the 9-people dorms. Everything else was just perfect! best hostel to stay at to enjoy Rio like a upscale local of Ipanema! Breakfast was also quite varied and delicious..

Great atmosphere. Staff mostly friendly and helpful. Excellent location. Found the three tiered bunks a bit ofaz challenge. Really enjoyed my stay. Would stay there again.

The location is good. Near with beautiful Ipanema beach. But there is no place to feel cool air in the hostel even lobby.. I don't know the black machine in the room can be air conditioner or not. In my understanding, it is just a cooling fan. The room totally cannot be cooling with it. Cannot sleep without opening window. So I had to donate my blood to many mosquitos in every night. It was terrible.. The steps are familiar. But owner should consider arrange more step in one shift, I think.

Great hostel! Perfect location and excellent environment. Helpful and really nice staff. Well equipped kitchen. Great facilities, you will always have somewhere to chill out. Pool and showers are clean. Hot water is always working, eventhough you are not likely to use it because of Rio's weather. And the whole place is really nice! The only downside is that not all of the rooms have air conditioner. And don't be mislead.. there're more bathrooms outside! Even with bathtub!

Great hostel and fab location. Very relaxing area by the pool with hammocks. A little haven in the city

I loved the Hostel!!! My favorite by far! Now, every time I'll go to Rio I'll stay in Ipanema Beach House!!

• 14th Nov 2014

Clean and spacious, great breakfast, close to beach and shops, nice swimming pool area!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels