Ipanema Beach House Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A nice hostel in a good location situated close to the beautiful Ipanema beach. We would certainly return.

Expensive as elsewhere in Ipanema. For a couple who typically stay in private rooms, paid a similar price for triple bunk dorm beds here. Hostel very nicely decorated with pool and relaxing areas in the front and back. Wifi only works in reception. Lack of bathrooms/showers for number of people staying. Would definitely recommend if staying in Ipanema.

The set up of the hostel with the pool and the front terrace is very nice. However all of this gets ruined by the unbelievably unfriendly staff, seriously I have never experienced anything like this. It is your job to be friendly and make the stay joyful, but they dont care. This also kills the whole vibe in the hostel. Another thing is the lack of showers and toilets. Theres definitely not enough and the time we've stayed there, they have not been cleaned once! Dont stay there!

• 9th May 2015

Great location. Secure neighbourhood. The hostel is ok. The staff average, not very eager to help. I had a problem with my reservation and they finally solve it but I had to ask every day.

Amazing hostel, stylish and cozy common areas, I stayed in a room with a balcony, no complains. Even if the location is one of the most expensives in Rio (Ipanema/Leblon), the prices are quite affordable. I'll definitely go back there in my next trip to Rio.

Pessoal, gostei bastante daí. Me agradou bastante. A única coisa que me incomodou foi só em relação às tomadas. Podia ter mais tomadas(uma em cada locker, caso o hospede queira sair e deixar carregando seu celular; ou do lado de cada cama, onde seja possível manusear seu eletrônico e carregá-lo ao mesmo tempo.

One of the nicest hostel in Rio....I've booked again with them for a night on my return. Brilliant location & atmosphere.

Excellent place. I didn't give 100% because not all the staff speak foreign languages

A really chilled out vibe , a very relaxed hostel which is in a great location - arguably the best location in rio . The swimming pool is a fantastic addition along with the hammocks and also hit showers . Would recommend fr people looking to relax with a good location

Perfect location a few blocks from the beach - great swimming! Pool was awesome, cool atmosphere with lots of friendly travellers, beers and water available any time. Not too noisy if want to sleep but can drink out the front till quite late without disturbing others. Staff friendly but quite stressed sometimes. Private room expensive, room with aircon same price as without.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Would be the perfect place if it had aircon...so unbelievably hot in the rooms. Couldn't sleep at all. Ruined the stay that otherwise would have been perfect.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. We loved everything about it including the people we met and the shower pressure - was actually very decent compared to other places we have stayed. The only thing I would suggest was slightly better breakfasts other than bread and cheese. But that's it! Otherwise it was amazing xo

• 27th Jan 2015

Despite I made the booking for me and my friend in the hostel 3 months in ahead (high season!!) when we arrived, they told us that there was a mistake with our reservation and we had place only for one person not for 2. It was terrible because Rio de Janeiro was full in Januanry and there was no place in another hostel. We were worried the whole day till finally they found a free bed in other room. The staff didnt take our problem as serious!!

The place is awesome, I spend a few days there but I've really enjoyed them. Just one thing, one of the receptionist, a brunette guy, is not the most kind of all, is not the most polite either but after that the place is great.

Couldn't get out fast enough. -Registered me for the wrong day - Advertises air conditioning but there was none -Rooms were full of mosquitoes -Sheets were literally disintegrating as I slept -No security within the hostel, dorm doors and windows left wide open with no locks -Bathrooms had trash cans overflowing with used toilet paper -Nobody recorded my payment -Asked to call a taxi and was told had to book 1 day in advance -Fridge a wall of old food -Staff nice, good wifi and location

Best location in Ipanema beach, awesome pool and chill out spot. Really close to the beach, supermarkets and right in the epicenter of the most exclusive bars, restaurants and clubs Rio has to offer. Only downside was no A/C in some of the 9-people dorms. Everything else was just perfect! best hostel to stay at to enjoy Rio like a upscale local of Ipanema! Breakfast was also quite varied and delicious..

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels