Ipanema Beach House Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Best place in Rio

The staff is what made the hostel great. Eduardo and Gabriel made me feel as though inpanema beach house was my home.. The hostel is a very lucky company to have such great, commited, helpful, passionate staff members. Thank you for hiring such a great pair.

• 13th Nov 2015

Great location but the staff here are not the best. I was ill and was shown very little care or even help with enquiries- very nonchalant attitude. You'd expect this much on humanitarian reasons at least esp as one day I broke down at the desk as I was in so much pain and needed a doctor. Nice pool but attitudes stink.

I spent one night at the Beach House. So I got the bed dorm for 6 mixed. The bunk beds are not by 2 as usual, there are 2 bunk beds of 3. The bedroom was so small that nobody could really move properly in it.. Or put their bags comfortably. There was no curtains at the window. On the first floor, there are 4 bedrooms but only one disgusting bathroom. And if this bathroom. I paid more for this hostel than the other one Ive been at and got way less comfort and service!

Excellent hostel

An overall pleasent experience. We only stayed for one night so we didn't get the best impression of it. But nice and clean, great outdoor area. The staff was okay, not as friendly as many other hostels we stayed at. But there English was great, so that's always something.

Very unorganized and you might end up without a bed.

Fun place and close to the beach.

I felt like the rooms were overcrowded. Plus, the breakfast is served outside in the back, literally by the window of two dorm rooms. It's obviously incredibly loud and since there's only one sink there and the bathrooms/showers are outside the rooms, it can get a little awkward and frustrating to have to dodge the breakfast crowd in order to use the sink, etc. I would say that it's not so appetizing to watch people wash their faces and brush their teeth while I'm getting my coffee..

Some of the staff doesn't speak English and that's a problem for visitors who don't speak Portuguese.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

This is a very hostel, loads of people from everywhere, a very nice house, nice common areas, super close to the beach. The area is a little posh and expensive compared to the center Rio which is far, but good if you like the beach. I would invest more money on the wifi.

Dorm rooms are very crowded, our beds still had dirty sheets on them when we arrived. One bathroom upstairs shared between about 30 people. The women who worked there were very helpful, but the guys were not at all - one spoke no English or Spanish and the other just said 'I don't know' every time we asked for recommended activities. Very close to the beach but otherwise would not reccomend.

A nice hostel in a good location situated close to the beautiful Ipanema beach. We would certainly return.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels