Ipanema Beach House Reviews

Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I felt like the rooms were overcrowded. Plus, the breakfast is served outside in the back, literally by the window of two dorm rooms. It's obviously incredibly loud and since there's only one sink there and the bathrooms/showers are outside the rooms, it can get a little awkward and frustrating to have to dodge the breakfast crowd in order to use the sink, etc. I would say that it's not so appetizing to watch people wash their faces and brush their teeth while I'm getting my coffee..

Some of the staff doesn't speak English and that's a problem for visitors who don't speak Portuguese.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Mexico

This is a very hostel, loads of people from everywhere, a very nice house, nice common areas, super close to the beach. The area is a little posh and expensive compared to the center Rio which is far, but good if you like the beach. I would invest more money on the wifi.

Dorm rooms are very crowded, our beds still had dirty sheets on them when we arrived. One bathroom upstairs shared between about 30 people. The women who worked there were very helpful, but the guys were not at all - one spoke no English or Spanish and the other just said 'I don't know' every time we asked for recommended activities. Very close to the beach but otherwise would not reccomend.

A nice hostel in a good location situated close to the beautiful Ipanema beach. We would certainly return.

Expensive as elsewhere in Ipanema. For a couple who typically stay in private rooms, paid a similar price for triple bunk dorm beds here. Hostel very nicely decorated with pool and relaxing areas in the front and back. Wifi only works in reception. Lack of bathrooms/showers for number of people staying. Would definitely recommend if staying in Ipanema.

The set up of the hostel with the pool and the front terrace is very nice. However all of this gets ruined by the unbelievably unfriendly staff, seriously I have never experienced anything like this. It is your job to be friendly and make the stay joyful, but they dont care. This also kills the whole vibe in the hostel. Another thing is the lack of showers and toilets. Theres definitely not enough and the time we've stayed there, they have not been cleaned once! Dont stay there!

• 9th May 2015

Great location. Secure neighbourhood. The hostel is ok. The staff average, not very eager to help. I had a problem with my reservation and they finally solve it but I had to ask every day.

Helpful staff, good dorms, nice balcony on some dorms and nice pool. Breakfast was okay.

Amazing hostel, stylish and cozy common areas, I stayed in a room with a balcony, no complains. Even if the location is one of the most expensives in Rio (Ipanema/Leblon), the prices are quite affordable. I'll definitely go back there in my next trip to Rio.

Pessoal, gostei bastante daí. Me agradou bastante. A única coisa que me incomodou foi só em relação às tomadas. Podia ter mais tomadas(uma em cada locker, caso o hospede queira sair e deixar carregando seu celular; ou do lado de cada cama, onde seja possível manusear seu eletrônico e carregá-lo ao mesmo tempo.

One of the nicest hostel in Rio....I've booked again with them for a night on my return. Brilliant location & atmosphere.

Excellent place. I didn't give 100% because not all the staff speak foreign languages

A really chilled out vibe , a very relaxed hostel which is in a great location - arguably the best location in rio . The swimming pool is a fantastic addition along with the hammocks and also hit showers . Would recommend fr people looking to relax with a good location

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels