Fabulous 396 Total Reviews
Fabulous 396 Total Reviews
Ipanema Beach House Located at Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro.
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro Rua Barao da Torre, 485, Ipanema
83% 396
-22.9830885 -43.2064819
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
17th Jun 2016

Felt really comfertable here, great location to Ipanema beach, supermarkets and shops within walking distance and good breakfast!

• England, Male, 18-24
17th Jun 2016

Excellent Hostel, i stayed here twice during my time in Brazil. good outdoor social environment. Clean pool although I did not use this, rooms and bathroom were both clean and had hot water. A plug for the bed would have been nice but not a massive drawback. I would definitely stay here again when in Rio

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
11th Jun 2016
7.1

The staff were very reluctant to help us and provided incorrect information multiple times. The hostel itself is beautiful and has a good, social atmosphere.

11th Jun 2016
8.0

Really great location and very clean. I met a lot of really cool people here as well. I was there during winter so it was too cold to swim in the pool, but if you come during the summer months it is a great facility to have! This hostel is very close to the beach, and many restaurants. I would definitely stay again.

5th Jun 2016

My favourite hostel in Rio (and I stayed in a couple of top rated ones) You can't beat the location close to the best beach in Rio. The hostel has a wonderful beach house decoration, no proper common room but enough common space, really nice pool, good breakfast.. Beds and dorms were fine. Staff were a little aloof, but always friendly. They do great tours too! Easy to meet people but quiet enough to sleep. While not everything was 10/10, overall this is a great hostel, definitely recommended.

• Spain, Female, 25-30
3rd Jun 2016

Security location and stuff super good. Breakfast everyday the same and just bread ham cake pinneaple and banana. The glass of the window was broken so moskitoes come in. The rest is all good! :)

• Canada, Female, 31-40
2nd Jun 2016

I stayed here for a week. it was super close to the beach, had lots of tours you can book right at the desk, and airport transfers that save you half the price of taking a cab off the street. I made so many friends with my dorm mates. I also saw the cleaners working hard all day long to keep this place clean. It's a very chill environment with lots of places to hang out and read or lounge and in a great safe area of the city with lots of amenities and shopping.

• maku17
  • Mexico, Female, 25-30
19th May 2016

I enjoyed my time in the hostel, I was in the girls dorm and believe is one of the best, the location is pretty great (Ipanema) less crowded and touristy than Copacabana... I actually ended booking 2 additional nights. The only thing that drove me crazy was the WiFi. It was pretty inconsistent the signal on the main house. The hostel has many tours that are awesome, I booked the surf lessons and loved it. would definitely pick it again.

• lujenny4718
  • Australia, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2016
8.0

I really enjoyed my stay at Ipanema Beach House. The location is only a couple of blocks from ipanema beach and very safe. I stayed in a 6 bed female dorm and we had air conditioning which was a relief as Rio is always hot! The staff were alright, when I needed to do laundry and asked if there was one nearby. The response was "Yes, there is one nearby" before she went to help someone else. I ended up looking for one on my phone. Regardless I would stay here again for sure!

• England, Male, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

Great place to stay met a great bike guide there called Vitor Alkaim. Knows all the hidden waterfalls literally 15 mins on bike from the hostel. A real genuine guy with a heart of gold even told me I didn't have to pay for a tour but I still gave him some money. Add him on FB or ring him direct speaks great English. ‪+55 21 98119‑8291‬