Iriya Station Hotel Reviews

1-25-1 Iriya, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

It's a hotel, so don't expect any interaction with fellow travelers. A small room but with everything you need, including an attached washroom with shower/bath. Convenient location right at Iriya station. Spent my last night in Japan there before heading to the airport, and was very comfortable and convenient.

Well located, good value hotel that had everything that I needed. Small room though adequate. Name of hotel is not written in English on the sign outside though easy to locate via Google - exit Iriya station exit 3, do U turn at top of stairs for 30 metres, turn first left, then 100 metres on your left - I would stay there again. Friendly helpful staff.

• 16th Aug 2013

I usually stay at Iriya Station Hotel when in Tokyo. The rooms are truly tiny, and the hotel is a little old, but it's very clean and functional, and if all you want is a bed and a bathroom, then it's a very good deal. It's very near the subway (Hibiya Line) which is one stop from Ueno, which is conveniently a Shinkansen stop (for some lines) so I often stay here if I'm getting up early to go skiing the next day.

Good location, I had a single room and it was well worth the modest price. Near the station, a pharmacy, grocer, sake store, etc.

Small n located quiet area but considering the price it has everything you need ! I had relax n cozy staying

The Iriya Station Hotel is on the shoddy side, but cheap and convenient to Akihabara. Unclean carpet, but immaculate bath. Exceedingly smallI tub. I'm 5'7" (173 cm) and weigh 170 lbs. (77k) and I could barely fit in it. On plus side, the hotel is 1 min. from Iriya sta. Take Hibiya line to Iriya. Go out #4 exit, take elevator up, you'll see orange building across on left. Walk up street past Chinese restaurant, the hotel is just after coke machine. No English sign. Look for 4400 yen on sign

It's a nice enough hotel, but is not for tourists. If you don't speak Japanese, I'd skip it.

The booking information hadn't been passed on to the hotel, but they honoured our booking by upgrading us from capsules to a twin room at no cost as there had been an overbooking. The reception staff didn't speak much English, and we didn't speak much Japanese, but the message got across. It's a short walk from the station as well, not right next door.

Theres pretty much nothing to fault this place except for space - but then again I am above average hight.

The staff hardly speaks English but they try to help. They do not read/answer emails (English emails at least)

A NIGHMARE

This covers the Capsules only. The staff are hospitable and accommodating, but for international guests the lack of English speakers and 'Capsule rules' can be a bit troublesome.

It may not look like much but the price is right. The room was clean with laundered towels and kimono. If you are on a budget or in town to explore then this could be an option. Conveniance stores are nearby and a few restaurants are within walking distance. The hotel is a 10-15min walk from a JR station or 5min from a Tokyo Metro. This happy patron had no complaints. If you are only stopping to sleep or freshen up before going out, this is a good option.