Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Nice place to stay if you want to see the city center of Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! It's fairly noisey but it's a busy place to stay with lots of people so that's to be expected. The staff were great and the airport transfer was really cheap. I wouldn't really recomend the pub crawl, it could be better on other nights as you can't predict who will go. But we left early, as did lots of other people on the crawl. I think if you want to go out drinking in Dublin it's easy enough to make your own way around the pubs for a great night :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments - glad you liked the hostel. It is a pity you didn't like the pub crawl.

Could use some more in-hostel activities. Security was good and most of the staff were very welcoming

• 4th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments, As the winter draws in we will be looking at more nightly activities. However at this time of the year we find that our guests like hitting the town.

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Free walking tour and pub crawls every day!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for posting your comments.

Facilities were excellent and the vibe was young and urban. Great location, only a 5 minute walk into the city centre. Facilities such as the sauna were great! The best showers and toilets I've used in a hostel. The staff are always cheerful and happy to help! The prices are the best in Dublin! :)

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your great comments.

Good hostel: the staff is helpfull and the atmosphere is excellent. The good choice if you are looking for fun! The WiFi service is poor and in the bathrooms there are no windows and little space.

Staff were fan-flippin-tastic!

• 1st Sep 2014

Not a bad hostel. The building is so old though, that the floorboards were so creaky, it was almost impossible to go into the rooms at night without waking someone up. They need more hooks in the showers too so you have somewhere to put your stuff. The wifi kept cutting out and it was not available in the rooms. Nice big kitchen though and it was close to most things.

Thanks for your comments. It is an old building alright but we hope we make up for it with our service and little extras.

An absolutely amazing place! Friendly staff, clean rooms and showers and an excellent location to go with the wonderful atmosphere!!

• 1st Sep 2014

Thanks so much for your great review.

Stayed for two nights. Decent facilities. Great location to take the airport shuttle and near the bus station. 5 to 10 min walk to main road. Would be great if they have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you liked the hostel. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms because we want people to do it the old fashioned way and talk face to face.

Great stay overall, would recommend to anyone, especially if traveling in a group.

Thanks so much for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

A bit large and impersonal, but perfectly fine for staying a couple of nights. It's clean, the staff is nice, the vaulted basement with desks, games, sauna and laundry is very nice.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Had a wonderful stay at Isaacs Hostel. The staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful.

• 29th Aug 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It would be a good idea we can regulate shower's temperature and a few more hooks to hang clothes and towel at the same time.

Thanks of your positive comments - we will look and see what we can do with more hooks.

Not having wi-fi in the rooms was a bit annoying but the communal areas were very nice so it wasn't as bad as it could have been at another hostel. Staff very helpful, location was good, rooms pretty spacious

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

One of the most fun hostels I've ever stayed to compliment one of the funnest cities I've ever visited. Perfect.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

very noisy. There is a very busy railway line which passes the hostel. My bed was about15 feet from the track.I tried to change rooms but I was told that all the rooms are affected by the noise from the trains.A side effect of the trains is the smell and squeal of the brakes from the train wheels as they slow down past the hotel .

• 26th Aug 2014

It's really strange but some of our guests never even notice the trains - the rooms at the back of the hostel are away from the train tracks but perhaps they were fully booked when you wee there.

A great place to stay, and great value for money. Only problem was that the women's section of the floor was not clearly marked out from the men's section--I nearly stumbled into the women's bathroom twice! Also, it could be difficult finding your way around. I had put my valuables in one of the storage cupboards in the basement and had trouble figuring out how to get back there again. So better signage would be helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments. We will definitely look at the signage and see how we can improve it.

Where to start... I got clothes and my towel stolen from my room, which was everything that was not locked in the basement (side note: there are no free lockers). The employee was not really helpful, he only said he was sorry. The bathrooms at midnight were a mess: two clogged toilets, one broken and leaking urinal, and a sink with blood and bloody paper towels. There were also some minor issues with the kitchen and the noise, but that's unimportant. I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hostel.

So sorry you had a bad experience at our hostel. Very strange to have clothes and a towel stolen - I have never heard of this before.

had a great time, friendly and helpful staff, great tours, atmosphere,location

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7