Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Staff was awesome! They made the stay in Dublin a unique experience.

Fix the shower hot water pressur problem. It's not that i don't like cold water (ehm) but you know.. better have the choice, especially when winter is coming yo

• 17th Dec 2014

The staff were very friendly and always available to help. The hostel was also clean, warm and has some great facilities

it's a hostel so i think it would appreciate a late breakfast and not just until 9.30

• 12th Dec 2014

Andrew is the best staff, very kind.

• 8th Dec 2014
  • South Korea

nice room, staff was superb

We had an awesome stay!!

• 6th Dec 2014

Awesome place to stay! The walking tour was really good too :)

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel! Very reasonable price for all that was offered. Staff was very friendly and helpful, even charged our phones for us at the desk overnight! Didn't get to go on the pub crawl but wish we could have. Great, cozy atmosphere, reminded us of a fun ski lodge! Would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Dec 2014

The only 'poor' rating relates to the loud music in the reception/common area. It was so loud that the guests and staff had to shout at each other to be heard, and this ruined the atmosphere of meeting people and talking, so central to a hostel experience. It is hostel, not hostile! Please turn down the music and you would be totally excellent. There are lovely reminders for guests to be considerate, and that should be demonstrated by the management, too. That is why earbuds were invented.

few bathrooms

Many of the plug-in outlets in the basement & common room are loose. Otherwise, the staff made for an exemplary experience. I'd've been content never to've left, honestly.

• 2nd Dec 2014

It's a busy hostel cause they're awesome here! Kitchen can get a bit cramped and dirty with all the guests, but people are nice!

Absolutely brilliant I don't see the point in staying in a hotel when you can stay in a place like this. I'll be coming back time and again.

• 30th Nov 2014

This hostel is incredible. When we first got there, Kevin greeted us and he was the best. Everything about the facility is top notch and the staff is great. A hostel.

• 30th Nov 2014

Our stay in Isaacs was really good - will come back for sure!! The place was clean, the staff was friendly, breakfast was ok (and included!) and atmosphere nice and cosy. I noticed that the room door didn't close if you didn't push it properly. Also, on our first night, when we got to the room, a guy had entered and was laying on my bed - the staff was great (thank you!) but I still don't understand how he could get into the room as he didn't have a bed there for that night. Thx!

• Spain

I was recommended Isaacs by an experienced traveller, and I would recommend it to anyone going through Dublin. The staff was so friendly and helpful and knew the answers to all my questions. They have such great facilities for everything, including cheap luggage storage which was so important to me! The rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms - no small feat in a hostel with as many rooms as they have!! Anything you could want, they could provide. I can't wait to stay there again!

Stayed here twice now and would defiantly return. A true backpacker vibe. Only downside was the bunk beds... I was given a top bunk in the centre of the room and only one side had a barrier to stop me from falling. Request a bottom bunk of possible!

Great place to stay for few nights.

My favorite part of Issacs was the staff. They were super helpful, funny and kind. Over-all the hostel is great though. Its very well located and has great areas for hanging out, studying and playing games. The breakfast wasn't super hardy and the WiFi doesn't reach to the rooms but other than that I really liked it. Plus we took advantage of their rent a bike program which was super cheap and a great way to see Dublin.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7