Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Friendly, helpful people (providing earplugs at 4 am). Nice atmosphere and comfortable bed. Would go back!

Issacs Hostel was affordable, clean, and a wonderful atmosphere.The employees were very helpful and funny and although the wifi only worked in the lobby, it actually worked. we have stayed at so many hostels that say they have wifi and we can never load anything, even in the lobby. My group and I loved Issacs and highly recommend it! It was right near the train station and not too bad of a walk from other things in the city. Seriously, stay here.

• 31st Jul 2015

Wonderful hostel. My only complaint would be about not getting wifi in the rooms. Otherwise, a lovely stay.

I felt safe at Isaacs, good location, nice staff. I personally did not like the environment of the hostel. If you're looking for something cozy do not stay here. If you are a young woman get ready to walk in and be stared at by about 15 men (I talked to another girl staying there about this) it is very male dominated. I didn't pay much but the facilities were very basic and at times a bit dirty. Also, being on the 3rd floor and having to walk down 4 flights to get to my locker was the worst.

I loved my stay here. Everyone had answers to my questions and were always ready to help me! :-)

• 25th Jul 2015

great value! the breakfast was so super, beyond my expectation.

Our stay was good. The hostel atmosphere is very nice, the staff were so helpful and friendly. But, our bed was awful, almost impossible to sleep there.

great atmosphere, decent breakfast. has all you need

Nice place. Great staff. Very local. Sauna was great. Wifi only in common areas but that's not so bad.

If you're in Dublin for a party, then this is the place to go. Unfortunately all the negatives that come with a party are included. There were empty beer bottles on the floor in the room, and there were people sleeping the common room couches throughout the night and in the morning. The location was pretty good and the staff were great, but it needs to be cleaned more often.

Good atmosphere and everything. Good service. Just would suggest better ventilation in rooms (understand that are just during summer though). My room was next to the rail way so woke up several times in the morning - and there was no way to sleep with the window closed. Seriously. But if you get lucky not to get a room close to the rail you'll be absolutely fine. The lockers areEUR 2 a day and the WiFi works well in public areas. Breakfast was good (toast, butter, eggs, jam, juice, cereal...)

• 17th Jul 2015

Everything about the hostel was great; the staff, location, atmosphere and facilities. However, we were staying in room 119 (14 bed mixed dorm) and the temperature in the room felt like we were staying within Mount Doom. Even with the fan on and window open the heat was so heavy and it was impossible to sleep. I would love to stay again but not in a room of that humidity again.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Friendly staff and a great hostel. Beat floral baskets in the area. Glad I booked .

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I was there for 2 quick nights, the team there are awesome! Great vibe and set up for this hostel - highly recommend!! Bring ear plugs though, but that goes for any hostel!

Not enough plugs in the room, Musty smell in the room, temperature of shower not adjustable, other than that it was okay

Solid! Good staff and great location. It is right next to the bus station, if you go from the docks.

The thing to keep in mind with this hostel is that it is directly next to the tram, which passes by every five to ten minutes, so the noise level is quite extensive. The shower areas are far too small, with only two sinks and a couple toilets for an entire floor (there were ladies crowding over each other trying to brush their teeth at night). The Wifi didn't work for me either. All in all, it's an ok place if you're fine with large dormitory-style. It is conveniently located

I was kind of very impressed with this hostel?! It has a sauna, a ping pong table, laundry, breakfast, computers, lounging space, and there was an awesome free french meal and wine on Bastille Day! Great place for a solo backpacker to meet people. Location is great if you are okay with a little bit of walking. Showers are not great--you have to constantly push it and the temperature is variable. other than that--staff was great and had a great time! Would definitely come back here.

If I did not feel like I was sleeping beside a train track every night then the hostel would have been amazing, but due to that experience I give it a three out of five.

• 13th Jul 2015

Simply said: it was awesome.

• 13th Jul 2015