Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

very noisy. There is a very busy railway line which passes the hostel. My bed was about15 feet from the track.I tried to change rooms but I was told that all the rooms are affected by the noise from the trains.A side effect of the trains is the smell and squeal of the brakes from the train wheels as they slow down past the hotel .

• 26th Aug 2014

A great place to stay, and great value for money. Only problem was that the women's section of the floor was not clearly marked out from the men's section--I nearly stumbled into the women's bathroom twice! Also, it could be difficult finding your way around. I had put my valuables in one of the storage cupboards in the basement and had trouble figuring out how to get back there again. So better signage would be helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014

had a great time, friendly and helpful staff, great tours, atmosphere,location

It was fine, but quite big and busy. Also you need to provide more for breakfast.

You need to pay for you lockers also if you have your own lock! 2 € pro day. Not every staff member is helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff was great and it was in a really interesting old building. Will definitely stay there again upon my return to Dublin. The alley it is located in has a few shady characters hanging around, but even late at night I never felt threatened.

• 21st Aug 2014

Very good Hostel. Keep it like that.

• 20th Aug 2014

Great hostel. Nice clean rooms. Great common areas and facilities. The only issue is that our room was right near the train line.. But I would still recommend staying here.

Very caring staff. They clean a few times during the day and even at night. We met fantastic people there and had a great stay in Dublin. Thanks!

the only problem we had was the shower was really tiny and my travelling buddy is 6'6" and couldn't fit in it. which was really funny for me, buy not so much for him! loved the place.

Had a great stay at Isaacs - the room was very spacious but would have been good if there was more staorage space, we had to put everything on the ground. Also would have been beneficial if the the staff at check-in had of given us more info on the facilities, we only found out about most things like the sauna and and table tennis room on the second day. It would have also been good to know that we could get breakfast early on the day we left - we were only informed as we were leaving the hostel

• 16th Aug 2014

It was amazing, and I did friends there. I am not at the Hostel but I always go there to meet my friends.

• 14th Aug 2014

Isaacs Hostel is quite a good place, as it's a convenient and pleasant hostel. It's a safe hostel as they use keycards to get access to the rooms' area and the rooms themselves, no lockers in the rooms (only in the basement. So you need to go downstairs all the time and pay a deposit to get the key and padlock. Neither of this is convenient, but still better than no locker at all). It has such a welcoming staff and atmosphere. Rooms, bed and bathrooms are alright. At last, nice breakfast.

Would really consider staying elsewhere. During my stay had a girl in my dorms laptop stolen, and had a situation with the staff that resulted in them acting in a terrible way. Location is central however in a slightly dodgy side of town, just ask any local and they will tell you this. For a youth hostel, there are plenty better options in dublin. Regret staying here and one of the worst hostels I've been in so far

• 14th Aug 2014

Stayed in 16 bed dorm on top floor and woke up drinched in sweat from it being so hot in the room. My gf did as well

• 14th Aug 2014

This hostel was perfect! The staff (especially Kevin) went above and beyond to answer questions and make sure my stay was amazing!

It's a really nice hostel, super close to the bus station and to the train station, if you feel like visiting villages around Dublin. The only problem I had to face was the room, too hot in there. Oh, and no connection inside the rooms.

Very nice staff! I felt like home. I am very granted for the time on Isaac's Hostel.

• 11th Aug 2014

We had a great time here!

I brought a friend who had not stayed in Isaacs before. We had a wonderful time. The staff helped us with whatever we needed, (extra pillows!) and were always so friendly when we asked about places to go. The room was very comfortable and the facilities were clean, which I appreciated. The central location of Isaacs made it easy for us to get all over the city and elsewhere on buses or the DART. I have been to Dublin many times and this was a great stay for me. I wish I was still there :) Thanks

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7