Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great facilities and value for money. Slight walk away from the main attraction and next to a railway line to expect this hostel to be noisy. Wifi was great with accessible power sockets everywhere. Bring your own padlock, they charge €2 a day to rent it! The sauna was amazing!

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The location and staff were awesome and it has loads of facilities! As my room were located just above reception I could enjoyed WiFi in my bedroom! Some rooms could be bigger so it won't feel that crowded, but the beds were especially comfortable and clean. I also didn't like the fact of pressing a bottom every ten seconds to get more water whilst having a shower. However, I was amazed by the music taste in the common room, the sauna facilities, games and the decoration of the whole hostel.

• Spain

We loved Isaacs Hostel! We were only there for one night before we had to catch an early flight, but the staff was really helpful in helping us find a place to eat and storing our bags, booking us a hotel shuttle, and just basically keeping an eye out for us. The room was really clean and comfortable and quiet--and only 12 euros for a female 6-bed! I've already recommended it to all of my friends, and I hope to be back!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Very friendly atmosphere. A great place to stay!

• 23rd Oct 2014

Good location and very helpful staff! A bit crowded and hectic if you are looking to relax more, but great environment for young backpackers.

Great hostel. Priceless to find the craic...and more than this

I work in hospitality and I was quite amazed about the excellent staff and cleanliness I found in this hostel. Staying there was probably one of the best experiences I had in Dublin. Some people complain about the noise coming from the train tracks, but the window in my room was double glazed and soundproof, so I didn't have any problems. Maybe the cracking beds in the next room can be annoying, but nothing that you can't solve with a pair of earplugs. Totally recommended. Thanks!

• Spain

Really liked the hostel and how clean it was! Very nice staff and always helpful. And the free walking tour was very interesting.

• 20th Oct 2014

Arrived isaacs after a 23 hour flight. So easy to get to and staff lovely. Bed so comfortable. Room a bit hot but lucky we had a fan thanks heaps. Coming back for a second stay this weekend. Would highly recommend

• 20th Oct 2014

I had a great time and the common room was great for meeting people.

• 19th Oct 2014

Showers without push buttons would be a bonus, the buttons make washing, especially your hair rather difficult. Lockers or drawers under the beds would also be helpful especially in the larger dorm rooms where security becomes an issue. Overall the hostel was nice, clean, staff were helpful and had all the basics needed.

It's a really nice place to stay in Dublin for a short time!!!I would definitely repeat the experiencie!!!

• Spain

Thanks for your lovely comments.

The hostel was fine more for a younger generation. The Wifi wasn't working well for me. The staff wasn't overly helpful. Overall it was an ok stay.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I don't know what happened with the staff - we normally get amazing comments about our staff. Sorry you appear not to have enjoyed your stay.

Very nice place to stay meet alot of New people from everywhere staff where. Very welcoming and helpful and for the price standards where really set high

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Had a fantastic weekend at Isaacs! Would recommend it!

• 16th Oct 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Such helpful staff, loved out stay we will be back :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Fantastic, magic place. It has all the facilities you want and more, as you have access to sauna, games and whatever. The living room is a nice place to be, always full of young people, and they play good music in it, not very loud, just enough to create a warm environment. The only flaw is that all the lockers are in the basement and there is no lift, so you will have to exercise a little bit to move your luggage and to store your things sometimes. But still, best place in Dublin

definitely a party hostel. i don't recommend for families. Kitchen is small and looks dirty.

I can assure you the kitchen is cleaned a number of times every day so it can't be called dirty but we do expect our guests to clean up after themselves between our cleaning times and guests don't always respect our wishes. I would say though that our sister hostel Jacobs Inn is a better family hostel as the rooms are ensuite.

The hostel is very nice, good atmosphere and clean. The only thing if you are planning rest well and relax at night, you can't do very well because the music is loud and people stay at the corridor chating until late.

Thanks for your comments - we do offer ear plugs for anybody who is a light sleeper.

Good hostel. Wished there were lockers in the room, instead of having to pay 2Euro at the desk for one. Other than that, good location, clean, helpful staff. Very large hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7