Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great staff and a clean room!

• 27th Apr 2015

Decent hostel. Wifi is only accessible in the common room / lobby which is a bit annoying. Bathrooms were a bit small and dingy. There's a free walking tour of Dublin which was really good. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Friendly staff and they leave on your own if you like to be like that. I would recomend people to go there. Only it coulb be noisy and the beds could be more confortanle

Hostel is very friendly. There was a lot of young people and everyone was very nice. I stayed at 14 beds room and there was no problem. Hostel lobby seems a bit old school but it's great atmosphere there and I felt like home.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms and shower/toilet areas were clean. Special vibe when you walk into "the lobby", great atmosphere! Only a bit disapointing that some other guest stole my shirt while showering, maybe it's a good idea to install lockers or something like that? Other then that, it was great and i wouldn't mind staying there again during my next visit to Dublin! Keep up the good work!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

- No hot water on toillets before 8:00 AM. - Little room (space) for 8 people to stay. All the rest, everything OK! ;)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

No wi-fi in rooms? Seriously?

No sorry - but in all the common areas, we have good wifi .

to close to train lines

Nice hostel in a good location but there was no atmosphere. the wifi didn't work in the room, the staff at the counter were nice but the cleaners were very rude and I thought €6.50 was a bit much for laundry

Thanks for your review .We are so sorry you did n't feel any atmosphere during your stay ,this is highly unusual as normally we get great feedback on this-maybe it was an unusually quiet day ?The Wifi is offered in common areas . Disappointed that you found the cleaners rude this should not be the case at all but we check this out . We like to keep prices down for our hostelers and our Laundry rates are cheaper than laundrettes in the area

Great hostel. The facilities were very good with free sauna, pool table and reading room in the basement. The atmosphere was wonderful and I enjoyed the walking tour and pub crawl they advertised. The downside was that there weren't lockers in the bedroom and to store anything overnight in the lockers downstairs would have cost extra. Also there didn't seem to be any way of adjusting the water temperature in showers. The water was warm, but I would've liked it a bit cooler. Breakfast was alright

The staff was more than exellent, please add a tick box perfect.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sweet.. thank you !

Awesome place! Near the city center is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit Dublin. The staff is very helpful and every day they organise free tours of the city.

• 18th Apr 2015

Cool, Thank you !

Great history, showers hot, great atmosphere. Staff really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Night staff was a bit unfriendly, could've been nicer. Clean place though!

• 16th Apr 2015

When we returned to the hostel around 1 am the doors to enter were locked and a janitor let us in. We are not sure how we would have gotten in otherwise because we were never notified that the hostel would be locked at a certain time.

Hi the Hostel is open 24/7 and a member of staff is always on duty - We just lock the doors as a added security precaution at nighttime - apologies for any confusion

Helpful staff, plenty of gender seperate facilities, good kitchen!

Very noisy. cannot sleep as train bridge is just across. Cannot charge my phone only two socket in bedroom. You cannot take shower on morning time as cold water only. self kitchen nice but smells terrible. Management should more keep eyes for cleaning in kitchen. Birds in kitchen are nit permitted due to healthy reason

Thanks for your feedback. For lighter sleepers we do offer ear plugs and will try and accommodate if you need a quieter room. There would be more than two sockets in each bedroom so I am sorry if you did not locate and they were not obvious, we will always charge your appliances at reception if you need We will check out the Kitchen but it is cleaned twice daily by our staff and we would ask that all guests leave as they found some would be more diligent than others.

Loud at night.

It was very nice hostel with a lot of facilities. We did the free walking and it was very good. We loved our guide Keith. He could explain everything very good with a good amount of humor sometimes.

Lovely to read this feedback . Thank you

I really enjoyed my stay. The beds were good, the place was very clean and warm. There was little to no trouble with noise in the rooms. I would've liked the breakfast to have lasted longer: 7AM to 10AM eg. Further I think a bigger sink would be useful, similar to the type used for cattle.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the useful suggestions .

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7