Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great place

Great location in the city! Staff were helpful and friendly. Noisey at the weekends as to be expected but they do provide ear plugs, which did the trick! It was a tad expensive for a Hostel but that could just be Dublin as a city! We really enjoyed our stay on a whole and would recommend it to friends.

• 26th Sep 2014

The hostel is ok! The beds and the bathroom were ok. There's no lift, so be prepared to use the stairs! The staff was friendly. One small detail: they made us did check-in/out process twice. Great facilities!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Very well located, wih a simple but complete breakfast with staff always ready to help!

• Portugal

Amazing and helpful staff made our stay that much better!

• 17th Sep 2014

Has a sweet lobby to chill out in with decent wifi. Rooms are clean but it's right next to a train line so just keep that in mind. It's a 10-15 minute walk from the bar region so a little bit of a hike but it's super close to the main bus station out of Dublin.

No elevator although 3 floors, no lockers in the rooms (just some dirty lockers in the basement, and again no elevator to get there), internet was not working half of the time (at least on my phone, although it works perfectly at every other place), my first dorm room before I changed to a better one was unbearably hot and fuggy because you could not open the window. Anyway. I thank the staff that they gave me a new room. But I won't come again to Isaacs Hostel.

• Switzerland

Highly recommended. Not so many hostels like that and you get free breakfast included. Lockers are secured and Internet at high speed. Just you don't get Wi-Fi in room but only in common area.

The staff was awesome. Some of the doors slam shut which is annoying. The building is very nice and the breakfast is awesome.

Lack of wifi in rooms can be frustrating when you want to lie in bed and figure out what to do next day or talk to family back home. Internet on the main floor did not work very well and took quite some time before you could get connected. Became tad frustrating.

Staff is wonderful, helped us with all our questions. Maybe hang a sign on the doors not to slam them at night.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Amazing staff and fantastic location. Great place to stay!

Really good option for a couple of nights in Dublin, good value for money. It would be much better with Wifi in the rooms.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Spain

It was great! Best hostel we've stayed at so far, the staff we're hilarious, everything was clean, big areas, breakfast was great!

• 13th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

We had an amazing time in Dublin as a group of 8 and the hostel was fantastic. The staff were very helpful and all so friendly. It was full of great people to talk to and the atmosphere was good. We went on the free walking tour which was so interesting and well worth doing and also got involved with the pub crawl (in our own fancy dress) which was a mental night out ending in a sick club. Would definitely recommend this hostel :)

If you are looking for a upbeat atmosphere this place is for you! Loved every second of my stay

• 10th Sep 2014

Nice place to stay if you want to see the city center of Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014

A great hostel, staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, letting me peruse their bookcase and offering advice on my 2 week cycling trip! There's a pretty big communal area in the hostel which was great for socialising, and the breakfast was a good added bonus! They also had a locked area for bike storage, including a bike rack attached to the ground for even extra protection.

I spent two nights there. The hostel is clean and the staff very helpful. I would stay there again anytime.

This was a great hostel but the staff weren't very helpful when I first arrived. It was very clean and the breakfast was typical but good. Great location, awesome walking tour of the city. Could do with a little grease on the bunk beds.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7