Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is nice, but the bathrooms are not good arranged; only two handbasins in a floor is too less!

FOR 2 IN A private room a hotel room would have been a better deal!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We don't have that many twin and double rooms so they are in great demand.

Good position, nice staff. I would definately advise this hostel if you are intended to visit dublin!

• 5th Apr 2014

I have never had a problem at Isaac's and I have stayed there twice. The workers are animated and love chatting with you, not to mention they will answer any and all of your questions. They told us excellent/inexpensive places to eat and what areas to avoid in Dublin. The wifi is not the greatest, but they have it, and you'll likely go to the Guinness Brewery anyway, and their wifi makes up for it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks so much for your positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We came to the hostel late at night, and we were welcommed by some very nice staff. The hostel lies close to the city centre and has all you would expect from a hostel table tennis common room

• Norway

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in Dublin.

the room was very small and had no wifi connection. very disappointed in this.

• 4th Apr 2014

We are sorry you were not happy with the size of your bedroom. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms to encourage social interaction between guests and to avoid disruption to other guests during the night. Hopefully you had a good stay in Dublin despite this.

I passed a really great time in this hostel. Everybody was nice and smilling. A bad point was at the first night I didn't have my bed free. I had to take another one. The second time someone wake me up because it wasn't my bed... It's not you're fault, it's juste sometimes people don't respect rules.

Thanks for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Isaacs. Sorry someone took your bed.

Absolutely no complaints! Issacs was a very comfortable, fun atmosphere. The staff was remarkably helpful and the rooms were perfect. Definitely recommend. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 1st Apr 2014

The staff was not helpful. They charged for lockers which should come standard. There was elevator and no wifi in the rooms, which meant that when we were looking up information on attractions we had to sit in the common areas which were crowded and loud. There was a train directly outside of our window White bread and juice is not a "light breakfast". There were no top sheets on the beds, just a bottom sheet and a blanket.. One of the lights in our room did not work so it was very dark.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Isaacs. Unfortunately it is common practice to charge for locker rental so this is not standard. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms for a couple of reasons - mainly because we want our guests to talk to each other and make new friends and secondly people tapping away on a computer in the middle of the night can disturb other guests who want to sleep. Regarding the bed linen we provide a bottom sheet and a duvet which has a duvet cover which is changed daily.

- Spacious rooms - Lack of sockets! -WIFI only available in the common area - Try to not be on 3rd floor as there is a train passing every 20 min. (It's a bridge) - In general, good hostel and great price!

Thanks for your review We are glad you enjoyed your stay but have taken on board your comments regarding the sockets which is something we are looking at at the moment. We are very central so there is a noise from the street and the train but we do have rooms at the back of the hostel which are quieter so if you are coming again ask for a room at the back. And we offer ear plugs for our lighter sleepers.

had a blast and met cool people. its fine for young people

• 31st Mar 2014

Some guests are a bit noisy when they come late at night.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay at Isaacs.

Even though we were the oldest (from far!) in the hostel, we enjoyed our stay so much! The staff is very nice and helped us with our plane tickets, bus times etc. The hostel is very clean as well. Close to everything, very recommendable hostel!

Thanks so much for your nice review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

VERY helpful, fun, knowledgable staff who provided early breakfast for us (great breakfast!). Pretty central location. But the bathrooms were always filthy, so crowded and noisy, and I was worried about the security. I got my money's worth though and it served its purpose! I guess thats expected when you are sharing a 16 person cheap room.

Thanks for your review. We do take our security very seriously and have lots of things in place to keep everyone safe such as key cards which must be shown on entry, video cameras, lockers and safes.

I had a lot of luggage as I was on the way to the airport and they put me on the third floor and wouldn't even look into getting me another room or any help with my luggage. I found it very challenging to get up three flights of stairs with two bags at 50 pounds. Took two trips

• 27th Mar 2014

Terrible! I chose this hostel because of the good comments but DONT DO IT, people from desk are really rude! The building is a labyrinth, shared room is terrible because of the location of beds which are old and not clean, you don't have a place to keep your stuff safe in the room (like so many other hostels do). Is far from center Dublin (I mean you will definitely find something in the center, better and cheaper) A good thing: the guy from the late night and the girl from the breakfast place.

We're really disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

Benging doors made my night terrible!!!!!!

So sorry for this problem and thanking you for posting your comment. We will look at addressing this issue.

wonderful pub crawl, we'd payed dividends, excellent walking tour of Dublin with an energic touristic guide

• 21st Mar 2014

It's the best location you can get in Dublin. Period.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks for your good review. - Do come again.

I recommend the bar crawl. It was really fun and took you to good pubs! The showers were cold, and it was pretty noisy in the 16 bed female room, but I would still stay there again.

Thanks for your nice review- we will look into your comment about the cold showers - there should be plenty of hot water at all times.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7