Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I really enjoyed my stay. Isaac's should consider replacing some of the beds as not a comfortable sleep otherwise great place!

• 17th Apr 2014

Great staff - great atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend as its easy to get to and from the airport. Everything is in walking distance and you're not right in the heart of the loud neighborhoods.

Too noisy

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really nice and the place was super clean. The bathrooms were immaculate and there was plenty of hot water.

The city and hostel is very very quiet, the receptionist is very pretty and amicable, when I cook in the kitchen, I use some unlabled tomato soup and ham, later in the journey, I suddenly think that maybe others' private, I am very very sorry for that, please forgive me.

Our bedroom was RIGHT next to the train tracks which made it impossible to sleep, dirty bathrooms, terribly uncomfortable and squeaky beds with lumpy pillows, average breakfast, no wifi in the rooms, good location, nice common area.

• 13th Apr 2014

I canceled my reservation directly with them (and was unable to contact hostelworld due to not having my account info with me to do so and so lost my deposit money all thanks to yahoo shutting down my account in Ireland) and moved myself over to Avalon House because I could no longer navigate the stairs of Isaac's. Avalon House has a lift. I booked Avalon House through Hostelworld and would advise travelers to do so as I learned it is less expensive than dealing directly with the hostel.

Cheerful and friendly staff, clean rooms and a lively atmosphere. Wi fi is only available in the reception area, and each floor could do with an extra toilet and shower or two. A cheap and convenient way to visit everything Dublin has to offer.

• 12th Apr 2014

It was far Too Loud in the Morning as the Doors were being banged constantly from 7am to noon.

• 11th Apr 2014

Its ok I dont mind staying in it.

Too noisy. Could hardly sleep because Doors were slammed all night. Bathroom was alright but only 2 sinks on floor,which is not enough. Not too clean either.

The hostel is nice, but the bathrooms are not good arranged; only two handbasins in a floor is too less!

I been in this hostel for one week the stuff was not very friendly, noisy most of the time but very noisy, wi-fi very poor, always laud music in the lobby, I even asked the reception to low the music couse we can not talk on the phone and they ignore me all the time, people drink in the lobby and always is dirty, rooms are not very good conditions too, breakfast very poor, very expensive in the value of money, in other words I don recommend this hostel at ALL. Thanks for the opportunity.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Romania

I stayed for 5 days in this Hostel. Nice rooms, good facilities for a nice price. the location is perfect. i was afraid that there would be some noise from the adjacent train track but on top floor and with the windows closed there wasn't any noise. the place was great

• 10th Apr 2014

FOR 2 IN A private room a hotel room would have been a better deal!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We don't have that many twin and double rooms so they are in great demand.

Good position, nice staff. I would definately advise this hostel if you are intended to visit dublin!

• 5th Apr 2014

Best hostel I have ever had the pleasure to have stayed in. There is always something fun to do around Isaacs. I am literally in love with this hostel & wish I could book it in every major city around the world. If you are looking for a spacious, beautiful, hip hostel with a home-like feeling, you've found it...why haven't you booked already? the staff is as helpful as can be and so friendly and nice. Showers are clean and fine. Rooms are cumfy. Love love love Isaacs!!! 10/10 would recommend. A+

I have never had a problem at Isaac's and I have stayed there twice. The workers are animated and love chatting with you, not to mention they will answer any and all of your questions. They told us excellent/inexpensive places to eat and what areas to avoid in Dublin. The wifi is not the greatest, but they have it, and you'll likely go to the Guinness Brewery anyway, and their wifi makes up for it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks so much for your positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We came to the hostel late at night, and we were welcommed by some very nice staff. The hostel lies close to the city centre and has all you would expect from a hostel table tennis common room

• Norway

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in Dublin.

the room was very small and had no wifi connection. very disappointed in this.

• 4th Apr 2014

We are sorry you were not happy with the size of your bedroom. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms to encourage social interaction between guests and to avoid disruption to other guests during the night. Hopefully you had a good stay in Dublin despite this.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7