Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

amazing hostel

• 21st May 2015

The only thing wich wasn't that great was the bathroom: there was no door to the hall so that one doesn't really have privacy and the water in the showers was cold. Nevertheless a very nice hostel.

The bathrooms are a bit small regarding the high number of people using it. Water in the shower was freezing cold in the morning. Otherwise it's a very nice hostel.

• 18th May 2015

Isaacs was very noisy. We were booked in for almost a week and I think that there was only one night where we got a good sleep. The hostel is very poorly designed - the doors slam every time they are closed, every sound could be heard - the docking station for phones etc were right outside our door so that when guests arrived home from bars, drunk they would use this area as their meeting area. Not enough sinks, or showers and no hot water. I will never go back.

Bed was to old. I could feel the iron of the bed through the mattress. I hadn't had one warm shower. I took daily showers around 9 o'clock am but never had the enjoyment of warm water.

• 17th May 2015

I can hear everyone's voice and foot step during the night. Toilet and shower room was so small to handle whole floor. Only good thing is there was an airport bus stop was close to hostel.

• 17th May 2015
  • South Korea

Great location, close to all the cool places to go. The walking tour is awesome from this hostel and they give you a really good feel for the area. Got upgraded from a 6 bedroom room to a 4 bedroom room at no extra cost to me which was nice. The staff were very helpful and made you feel welcome. The pub crawl gives you the oppoutinuty to meet tons of people from many different hostels - you have to do it.

I absolutely loved my stay at Isaacs! My only complaints would be no wifi in the rooms (but I found this in most hostels) and the shower was always cold! Only a few times would I feel lukewarm water but I don't think the water ever had time to warm up since it would only stay on for a couple of minutes. Other than that, the atmosphere was great! I was travelling on my own and I met some great people at this hostel! The free walking tour was great!! Staff were extremely friendly and helpful!!

Great Staff, great stay Thanks

• 13th May 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Awesome :) Internet was fairly poor but rest was good. Main dining area was good but breakfast dining area should be open all times for more seating option. Downstairs was good but cold, also terrible internet there. Enjoyed the stay, staff were great and rooms/bathrooms were excellent condition, hostel is in great location. Definitely worth the money.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable, and it is pretty close to the city center.

• 12th May 2015

Very happy with Isaacs hostel. We were little surprised that there is not internet in the room, it is OK but for people who needs work on email ( private,focus) not great. Anyway we were happy there :)

Overall it's a nice hostel to stay however the only downside that I need to highlight is the Wifi which is only made available on the ground floor.

Loved it! Great stay, great atomsphere, and great people!

Great hostel. Everything you could need. Only bad part was that the lockers were in the basement and that wifi doesnt work past the first floor.

Had a great stay at Isaacs - unfortunately loud music played all night from out the street, but I don't think that was anything the hostel could have helped. A couple of toilets were clogged, showers were a tiny bit dirty, normal things that were best kind once I went to use again. Will be coming back!

Fairly good atmosphere that makes it easy to meet people. Wasn't too impressed with the facilities though. The luggage storage/lockers were in the basement and we stayed on the third floor...an annoying trek if you forget something in your bag, or want to retrieve something in the morning. Also there are only 2 or so plugs in the room, and not next to beds. Had to spend a lot of time charging up during the day in the common rooms. Really inconvenient.

This is a backpacker's hostel for sure. Lot's of character. Warm and lively common room near the reception area. Very nice (quieter) downstairs area, game room, and movie lounge. Come here if you enjoy lively hostel experiences. That being said…the facilities are pretty old. The floors squeak a lot. Window leaked water. The showers didn't have area to put dry clothes (no hooks or shelves). But I would still recommend Isaacs. Good location (near bus station) and nice hotel pubs nearby.

Wonderful hostel, the staff were very helpful! Rooms were quite hot but that's my only mplaint, and hey had fans available.

Stayed in 14 bed dorm and was a bit hit and miss with who you shared with as had 1 very pleasant quiet night and 1 when we barely got any sleep with people coming and going all night. However communal areas are good and staff and guests were friendly. Good cooking facilities as well. In general good hostel, but paid similar prices for ones with smaller dorm rooms.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7