Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I work in hospitality and I was quite amazed about the excellent staff and cleanliness I found in this hostel. Staying there was probably one of the best experiences I had in Dublin. Some people complain about the noise coming from the train tracks, but the window in my room was double glazed and soundproof, so I didn't have any problems. Maybe the cracking beds in the next room can be annoying, but nothing that you can't solve with a pair of earplugs. Totally recommended. Thanks!

• Spain

Really liked the hostel and how clean it was! Very nice staff and always helpful. And the free walking tour was very interesting.

• 20th Oct 2014

Arrived isaacs after a 23 hour flight. So easy to get to and staff lovely. Bed so comfortable. Room a bit hot but lucky we had a fan thanks heaps. Coming back for a second stay this weekend. Would highly recommend

• 20th Oct 2014

It's a really nice place to stay in Dublin for a short time!!!I would definitely repeat the experiencie!!!

• Spain

Thanks for your lovely comments.

The hostel was fine more for a younger generation. The Wifi wasn't working well for me. The staff wasn't overly helpful. Overall it was an ok stay.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I don't know what happened with the staff - we normally get amazing comments about our staff. Sorry you appear not to have enjoyed your stay.

Very nice place to stay meet alot of New people from everywhere staff where. Very welcoming and helpful and for the price standards where really set high

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for your lovely comments.

Had a fantastic weekend at Isaacs! Would recommend it!

• 16th Oct 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Such helpful staff, loved out stay we will be back :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Fantastic, magic place. It has all the facilities you want and more, as you have access to sauna, games and whatever. The living room is a nice place to be, always full of young people, and they play good music in it, not very loud, just enough to create a warm environment. The only flaw is that all the lockers are in the basement and there is no lift, so you will have to exercise a little bit to move your luggage and to store your things sometimes. But still, best place in Dublin

definitely a party hostel. i don't recommend for families. Kitchen is small and looks dirty.

I can assure you the kitchen is cleaned a number of times every day so it can't be called dirty but we do expect our guests to clean up after themselves between our cleaning times and guests don't always respect our wishes. I would say though that our sister hostel Jacobs Inn is a better family hostel as the rooms are ensuite.

The hostel is very nice, good atmosphere and clean. The only thing if you are planning rest well and relax at night, you can't do very well because the music is loud and people stay at the corridor chating until late.

Thanks for your comments - we do offer ear plugs for anybody who is a light sleeper.

The hostel was excellent, friendly staff and a great atmosphere.

• 10th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your great comments.

My three night stay at Isaacs was amazing. It was my second time at a hostel and I was amazed at how friendly and helpful the staff were at directing us to tourist locations and booking our tours/coaches. There is complimentary breakfast that begins at 730 but they were able to start it at 6 for us. The only bad thing is the wifi. You have to be at the lobby or zero level to get it.

Thanks so much for your great comments.

The staff that works at night should not be so "strict." One followed us upstairs and watched us to make sure we went to our room. We weren't disturbing anyone...so it was kind of uncomfortable being followed so obviously.

• 10th Oct 2014

I'm sorry the staff were strict - it must have been in the middle of the night. We have so many people stay every night and it is their job to keep all our guests safe and keep the noise levels down so people can sleep so they are just trying to do their job. However we will talk to them about it as we want people to feel welcome and happy at all times.

I was expecting a twin room nut it had a bunk bed. Other than that Excellent and 5 mins walk from the town centre with free on street parking 8 minutes away. Only £4.80 return to Liverpool on by train so kept our parking space for 2 days visiting Chester and Liverpool. Friendly Reception and fellow residents,

Absolutely loved my time there. Awesome and very helpful staff. Great setup there.

What can we say - love your comments and rating! Thanks

Really nice facilities and absolutely spotless! Would definitely recommend

• 6th Oct 2014

Thanks a million - glad you enjoyed your stay.

I really like the Issac's. This was my 3rd stay. The facilities are good and the staff is helpful, funny and friendly. As a recommendation, I'd appreciate having lockers in every room to store personal belongings. I really like the atmosphere!

• 6th Oct 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us- we will take on board your comments about the lockers.

I enjoyed staying at Isaacs, but I left a sweatshirt there and tried to contact them three times about it, all unsuccessfully. It's a nice place, but I didn't get responses. Basically, be aware that there isn't a good way to contact them unless you want to shell out the money for an international phone call. The hostel is really nice, though!

• 4th Oct 2014

I wish there was an option above "excellent." This was the best way to be welcomed to Ireland. Staff is knowledgable and friendly, travelers are adventurous and kind, facilities and rooms are top notch, everything is better than could be expected. I would recommend this place any day!

• 4th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your great comments. Excellent will do!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7