Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It was a good stay. Clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was disappointed that there was not wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas. Otherwise, no complaints.

Awesome hostel. Only complaint is the wifi doesn't work on the 3rd floor

I would like too sleep there again if I return to Dublin!

• 19th Jan 2015

Clean, good location, few steps from the center, well connected to public trasportation, really helpful staff JUST...those kind of showers which work just if you press the botton every 5 seconds (no jocking) can be a really bad surprise, expecially if you have really long hair like me =) and also it could be better have a light on each bed 'cause rooms are pretty dark and there were people sleeping all day long and it's litterally impossible to see where you're going. anyway,i recommend it!

Common rooms were always loud and no individual lights on the bunks, staff was kind and helpful though

Room are a bit too noisy because of the train Availability of the staff really good I enjoyed very much the sauna It's been a pleasant stay. Very good hostel

• 15th Jan 2015

Good craic with just about everyone. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay again!

Isaacs Hostel is great! All the workers are nice, the atmosphere is great and its a really comfortable stay for dublin in winter. Just ask the people at the reception whatever - theyll help you out, go out for a drink with you after work and you can cook in their kitchen. That place is amazing. I would always recommend it!

• 13th Jan 2015

I only stayed one night so I can't go too in depth, but I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. Room security seems nice. The lockers are downstairs and a bit out of the way. It would be nice if you needed your room card to enter the building as I believe there were some local people hanging out in the common room for the free wifi. The downstairs cellar rooms are awesome if you're into unique things like that.

Great hostel - awesome and helpful staff. Enjoyed our stay there though possibly could have used some more comfy seating in the social area (the log benches start to hurt)

Great atmosphere, everyone's so helpful and just wants a laugh! By far the best, safest, funniest hostel I've stayed in... So good I've booked up again!

Cosy. Damn cosy.

Great staff, location and very clean hostel with a fantastic atmosphere. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

The hostel was great, it was big and you can meet a lot of people if you are traveling alone. A couple of the staff members were not very helpful or nice, but there were others that would go over the top! The basement is awesome if you just want to relax and get some work done. Another thing is that it is pretty loud whenever you are ready to sleep and in the rooms there are always people going in and out, but then again it is a hostel! Would definitely recommend the hostel!

• 4th Jan 2015

The man's showers didn't work well (cold water almost all the time), the rest was perfect but one essential thing like warm water was not provided :/

Stayed for four nights, showers were cold every night. We rented a locker the first day and we were told that we had to give a ten euro deposit for the key that we would get back when we returned it. Upon returning it we only received two euros back because the staff failed to mention we would be charged every day for the locker. Had we known this we wouldn't have gotten one...Definitely would not stay here again.

Kitchen is too small and WiFi is too slow, but the rest is perfect :)

Absolutely fabulous hostel! We stayed in a 3 bed private which was small but clean. The staff was very friendly although we stayed there for NYE and it was extremely busy at the reception. Showers and bathromms could have been a bit better (only 3 toilets and 3 showers per gender per floor), but it worked pretty well. The night of NYE was very noisy and the toilets during the night looked like you would expect it but the next morning at 7 they were already cleaned.

Overall very good. The showers were the main downfall. Couldn't change the temp and they were either too cold or burning hot.

Within easy walking distance of just about anything in the city, but at the same time removed from the touristy parts of Temple Bar. Great atmosphere and staff. Security was great, after hours guests had to be buzzed in at the door and verified. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and all around great folks. Pub crawl was a blast.

• 29th Dec 2014