Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Arrived at isaacs for the acdc concert on Wednesday and had forgot my photo ID as I had changed my bag and purse before travelling! fortunately my husband had some on him, a massive thank you to guy on reception for accepting it... My daughter had recommended isaacs hostel to me and I can see why, friendly staff, super clean bedrooms/bathrooms, I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin, I most definitely will be visiting again.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

Great atmosphere. Only downfall was wifi only worked in the common room. Showers were not very good and the rooms were hot

No lift facilities, not good for the tenant who bringing big, heavy luggage Even luggage room also far from reception, and there was complicated process to use it. Breakfast also too light, not enough, some bowls were empty, nobody did care.

Great Hostel! I stayed there three nights. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It's also within walking distance of all the main attractions to visit in Dublin and a five minute walk to the train station.

Best Hostel i was in, in my 3 week tripp in Irland. Nice public rooms (great to meet new people). The only bad thing I have to say was the trainrail next to my room (314). I have a strong sleap so it was not a big problem for my but I met some people they had some bad nights because of this...

The room i stayed was very hot and it didnt have window so there wasnt fresh air in the room and outside there is a train going right above the hostel so it shakes the ground and makes a lot of noise

Such an amazing place to stay! Best hostel I have ever been to. The people who stay here are amazing and the memories will last a life time

• 26th Jun 2015

Room was too hot, probably from the drinks machine located out the front. A fan was placed in the room which was helpful.

• 26th Jun 2015

On my floor only two bathroom (for man) for maybe 50 people. In the Rooms there were 4 sockets for six beds. Bathroom with no doors and plenty of noise coming from at night. Friendly atmosphere. Good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2015

Good place to stay in the summer if you are in Dublin to party. Be careful if coming on the weekend and wanting to get some sleep as folks can be quite noisy to early hours and some rooms are right next to a train. They do offer earplugs for very cheap, and those are handy. The place was fine for me. It reminded me of time at the university but my wife was less comfortable, though she has never stayed in a hostel before. Everyone was nice and friendly. A few issues with cleanliness from drinkers

Room was too hot!

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was better than expected by a lot. Call me old fashioned but seeing so many young people drinking, and not having a smoking area further from the entrance were the only things that surprised me. Other than those small issues it was a great time and would not look anywhere else for a hostel in Dublin Thank you again and cheers.

• 24th Jun 2015

The place was great, cleaner than a lot of hostels I've been to - one little downside... We would as questions about buses and good restaurants and cafes but the staff had no idea what to tell us! Would have been good if they knew the area better, but otherwise they were as helpful as they could be.

• 23rd Jun 2015

We were only at the hostel one night but I'm so glad we chose it. My daughter and I needed help getting our boarding passes for our (hideously early) morning flight out of Dublin the next day and we could NOT have managed without the patient and good-humoured assistance of the staff! I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the woman who helped us (but I can tell you her daughter had recently turned one!) but she was fantastic - as was everyone working there, from the day to the night shift.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Really great place, had a great atmosphere and was very easy to meet people. Good facilities and really friendly staff who were always happy to help and reccomend good places to visit. Be warned that the showers weren't always the warmest, I also had problems with my keycard not working on my room door which I got replaced and then experienced the same problem, but overall I loved my stay here and would definitely go back!

• 22nd Jun 2015

No lockers in rooms. Only two plugs in an 8-bed dorm. Shower was terrible. Hostel was noisy inside and out until late at night. Pillows may as well not exist, they are so tiny. Beds are wobbly so that the slightest movement of the person above or below you cause the entire thing to shake. Staff seemed overworked and uncaring.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Cold showers, noisy bed waking everyone else in the room, the floors crack... Even if it's a hostel and it's cheap, I've been to other hostels at the same price for better facilities and services. Plus, the location with the train is not the best. Half the staff is nice. I was very disappointed, even being a young party person.

• 21st Jun 2015

My stay at isaacs was great, good value, good location, pub crawl was great, they have everything you want. The staff were helpful, Andy was great. Would definitely stay again

Great place! Andy and Kevin are super friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Overall the hostel is convenient, clean, and has kind staff. The only issue I had was that my buddy and I had to move rooms each days we were there. After talking to others in the rooms they all were also having to change rooms some or most of the nights.

No lockers in room, and the bathrooms were disgusting. The photos of this place look great, but the place has not kept up the areas outside the lobby/kitchen. The staff was helpful and it's not far from everything, but I wouldn't stay here again. If you just want to party, this hostel could work for you

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7