Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay will return soon

• 14th Apr 2015

Great time with the family. Good base location not far from the center. Will be staying again next time. Excellent value for money

• 13th Apr 2015

I already miss the hostel!

• 11th Apr 2015

Wifi is only working at lobby I couldn't use wifi in the room Only cold water was provided in the shower room I needed warm shower!!!

Overall this hostel wAs ok. Breakfast was overly complicated and not great quality. Rooms were average, but clean. The one main concern was that staff could not find an ice pack or any form of ice for an injured person in our group and dos not see why this was a concern...,

• 10th Apr 2015

Amazing atmosphere and a wonderful staff. The hostel is an experience in-and-of itself! The only criticisms I have are for security (a few brats broke into a guests only area) and cleanliness (I had to throw away some personal belongings because a man pissed and defecated all over them after coming in from the pub crawl). Both of these issues were resolved promptly, however.

Most expensive hostel my friend and I have stayed in in Europe and we didn't get much for our money. Wifi was only available in common spaces which was both inconvenient and annoying. They put us in a room on the ground floor (with a window open right on a dark alley!) and wouldn't hear my request to move us to a higher up room, as two young women traveling together this made us very uncomfortable. Staff wasn't overly welcoming either. Location was decent but not worth the splurge.

• 9th Apr 2015

Such an awesome hostel- I wish all hostels were like this one! Great location, clean, the best atmosphere. Loved every minute.

I said that security is average because I did not see any lockers available. People just put their belongings near their beds.

Everyone could see into the showers. The fans for the hands (in the toilets) are too noisy. Especially because there is no door. Sauna is nice, but why only three hours a day? Better more flexible. I know, it's a big hostel but you could make it more homely.

The employees at isaacs was the highlight of this hostel, super friendly and helpful! I did like the main lobby area has a good atmosphere for socializing. The location was a couple blocks off the beaten path, and the breakfast could have offered a bit more- the other hostel I stayed at in Dublin had fruit, hard boiled eggs and Nutella as well as two types of cereal. Also wifi in the rooms would have been helpful. overall, it was a good value and if in Dublin again I would stay again!

Not enough sockets to charge things and the beds were not very comfortable. The staff were really nice and helpful.

Isaacs is a good hostel!! We loved being there, even if for a couple of days because of all the facilities included in the price and because of the nice staff. The location is good because you are almost in the city center. However there were a couple of things we didn't like. In fact, it was just near the railway and the noise was a little annoying. The real thing we didn't like was the dirtyness. It is cheap and that's ok, but please, CLEAN IT a little bit more!

One of the guys behind the desk helped me resell my bus ticket to the airport because the bus wasn't running when I needed it to! It was a huge help and I am so grateful :)

• 5th Apr 2015

Both trips to Dublin I stayed there .Good central loclation .I would return .The best Hostel in UK is savoy in Galway .Its like a Motel and reasonable .Thanks staff for your undertanding and support .Won't be forgotten .

Really nice hostel, good atmosphere and a really lovely little chill out area in the basement. Only negative was the lack of lockers in the rooms. Really good free breakfast, I would defiantly recommend and stay again!

Best hostel I've been to. Good wifi signal where it was available. Free breakfast was a perk, as was the sauna. Right around the corner from Paddy's palace, where Paddywagon tours pick up.

My stay in Isaacs Hostel was nice, for me it's a bit too big hostel, not easy to find a place in the lobby. It miss a personal light in the room, not to be disturbed. Rooms are clean and bathroom too. Good location near the river and the central bus station.

Great hostel with an amazing atmosphere and very nice staff. It's not the perfect place - my room was quite loud (combination of thin walls and a train right outside the window) and I would have liked personal bed lights and perhaps lockers in the dorms (you have to pay a fee to lock stuff up downstairs). The light breakfast is mainly toast and cereal. However, for value for money, I'd rate this place highly.

Many thanks for useful feedback and glad you liked us . We would also love to introduce personal bed lights and lockers in Dorms . We do have Ear plugs for lighter sleepers and we will try and move you to quieter room at rear of hostel. Hope to see you back

Decent hostel. No lockers (though they never said they had any). Not a lot of selection at breakfast, just some regular corn flakes and toast. Better than nothing, but I've had better at other hostels. Not many outlets. Wifi is only available in the common areas, and not in the rooms. The pillows were really flat and uncomfortable, but the duvet was great. All in all it was a fine place to stay and I felt safe the whole time.

Many thanks for feedback . We do have lockers in the basement which can be used for 24hour storage and before and after you check out . Sorry if this wasn't highlighted to you . Our Free breakfast is light and simple but we do gave a self catering kitchen if you want to make anything more substantial.So glad you that you felt safe and generally happy with your stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7