Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The place is old, the walls are thin, and the floor is squeaky bit but the atmosphere is great. The place is kept very clean and the staff is friendly, helpful and fun, One of my favorite hostels for meeting people from all over the world and exploring Ireland.. Great location across the street from the main bus terminal. Airport express drops you off 2 blocks away.

Pros: big rooms, semi-detached bathroom, late checkout, free breakfast Cons: location not great (walking distance to everything but dodgy area), no lockers in the rooms, they're in the basement and you have to pay for them, wifi doesn't work in the rooms and most importantly zero vibe, which is probably the most important thing as a solo traveller I think. First hostel I've stayed in on my 5 week trip where I didn't meet anyone.

Nice hostel, good staff, new bathroom facilities, very clean. The location is good, but next to a train track. After the 3rd night I got used to it though. And during the night there aren´t many trains anyway. Bring ear plugs or buy some at reception! Supermarkets, Air-Link bus-stop, shopping - all close by. About a 15 min. walk to Temple Bar. Good also: Lockers in the basement - smelly boots can be left there instead of the room.

It was a good stay. Clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was disappointed that there was not wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas. Otherwise, no complaints.

Awesome hostel. Only complaint is the wifi doesn't work on the 3rd floor

I would like too sleep there again if I return to Dublin!

Clean, good location, few steps from the center, well connected to public trasportation, really helpful staff JUST...those kind of showers which work just if you press the botton every 5 seconds (no jocking) can be a really bad surprise, expecially if you have really long hair like me =) and also it could be better have a light on each bed 'cause rooms are pretty dark and there were people sleeping all day long and it's litterally impossible to see where you're going. anyway,i recommend it!

Common rooms were always loud and no individual lights on the bunks, staff was kind and helpful though

Room are a bit too noisy because of the train Availability of the staff really good I enjoyed very much the sauna It's been a pleasant stay. Very good hostel

• 15th Jan 2015

Good craic with just about everyone. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay again!

Isaacs Hostel is great! All the workers are nice, the atmosphere is great and its a really comfortable stay for dublin in winter. Just ask the people at the reception whatever - theyll help you out, go out for a drink with you after work and you can cook in their kitchen. That place is amazing. I would always recommend it!

• 13th Jan 2015

I only stayed one night so I can't go too in depth, but I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. Room security seems nice. The lockers are downstairs and a bit out of the way. It would be nice if you needed your room card to enter the building as I believe there were some local people hanging out in the common room for the free wifi. The downstairs cellar rooms are awesome if you're into unique things like that.

Great hostel - awesome and helpful staff. Enjoyed our stay there though possibly could have used some more comfy seating in the social area (the log benches start to hurt)

Great atmosphere, everyone's so helpful and just wants a laugh! By far the best, safest, funniest hostel I've stayed in... So good I've booked up again!

Cosy. Damn cosy.

Great staff, location and very clean hostel with a fantastic atmosphere. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

The hostel was great, it was big and you can meet a lot of people if you are traveling alone. A couple of the staff members were not very helpful or nice, but there were others that would go over the top! The basement is awesome if you just want to relax and get some work done. Another thing is that it is pretty loud whenever you are ready to sleep and in the rooms there are always people going in and out, but then again it is a hostel! Would definitely recommend the hostel!

• 4th Jan 2015

The man's showers didn't work well (cold water almost all the time), the rest was perfect but one essential thing like warm water was not provided :/

Stayed for four nights, showers were cold every night. We rented a locker the first day and we were told that we had to give a ten euro deposit for the key that we would get back when we returned it. Upon returning it we only received two euros back because the staff failed to mention we would be charged every day for the locker. Had we known this we wouldn't have gotten one...Definitely would not stay here again.

Kitchen is too small and WiFi is too slow, but the rest is perfect :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7