Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

One of the best hostel I have been staying at. Clean, comfortable, with plenty of facilities including overnight lockers for 2 euro (or free during the day), free light breakfast, free wi-fi in the common room, easy going, helpful and friendly staff. Great location just next to the coach station, walking distance from O'Connell street, right in the city centre. I will definitely be back there again when in Dublin.

Lovely lovely guest ,we enjoyed this review !

I stayed at the hostel on my first night in Ireland and was happily surprised at the cleanliness of the accommodations (showers, toilets, bunks, and kitchen) and the expert advice of the staff. Kind and friendly, it was a great way to start my three-week adventure. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Many thanks for the recommendation ! Lovely

The staff is amazing. Really helpfull and enthousiastic. Had a great stay!

• 24th Aug 2015

The computers were my main hassle. They freeze and at this point in the development of computers, it should be easy to get some that don`t have issues. The gross revenue from one night of accommodations would easily buy 3 new ones so I can only assume that the profits would be up to the task after 10 days or so. Having those computers was a major reason for choosing the spot because I needed to do some bookings...took HOURS of restarting the computer, redoing things, etc

• 24th Aug 2015

So sorry to hear about issues with the computers. We do upgrade and replace frequently and we will check them out again

The vibe and the energy in the hostel is absolutely outstanding. Its so joyful yo stay here. I'd recommend it to every bagpacker who are coming to Dublin!!

• India

It was my first time to Ireland and it couldn't have started better than the friendliness of isaacs hostel staff. I felt so welcomed and I cannot wait to stay there again!

• 23rd Aug 2015

That's so lovely to hear - see you soon !

A really friendly hostel. Comfortable and well equipped. The only drawbacks - no wifi in our room and no sinkplug.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Thank you kindly ! We do have Wifi throughout the hostel so not sure what happened there it may be high demand period apologies for any disruption to normal service The sink plug was maybe taken as a souvenier- we will investigate !

Loved the friendliness of the staff! Everyone was incredibly helpful and amiable.

• 20th Aug 2015

For a hostel in the center of a city, Isaacs is ok. It's mostly clean, you don't feel cramped in the dorms. However the dorm had only one window and it was unbearable hot (it wasn't hot outside, but having only one small window for a large room with 14 people in it, just isn't enough). Besides there was only one big light in the room. In a city hostel (where you know, people will return at different times, some in the middle of the night) someone could have thought of installing small lights...

Everything was not bad, but the train is so close to the hostel so you might got annoyed if you are sensative to the noise. if the water in the shower room can be bigger on 3 floor, it would be better : ) maybe you can have more wall sockets for people. And the cleaning staff might can be nicer? She might be exhausted so looked unhappy for others... After all, the staff, the bed, the baseroom, the location, the security are nice, concert was great, worthy to stay based on the price. Thanks Issac

Great place. Staff is amazing and will always be available to answer any questions. Very accommodating.

Great review and thank you!

Nice hostel, well located in the city with nice atmosphere ! The ideal place to stay in Dublin for few days and visit the city. The staff is helpful and you can meet some nice poeple and enjoying pubcrawl to discover Dublin's night life !

• 18th Aug 2015

Glad you liked the hostel . Thanks for your lovely review

Wonderful stay. Very helpful & friendly staff. Very nice hostel & excellent location.

• 17th Aug 2015

Great hostel. Great location.

• 17th Aug 2015

Great staff, location especially when travelling w/teenage sun. Highly recommend this place for budget travelers.

• 16th Aug 2015

Most wonderfull staff that pass down a very postive vibe right off to anyone who visits!

• 16th Aug 2015

A group of people attempted to mug me at the front door. The front desk would not let me in until about three minutes later, where I was cornered at the door and being threatened. Their excuse was that they didn't know I wasn't with them. A very poor excuse -- the violent threat on the doorstep was apparently my responsibility. The next night, in the room, a man violently talked to himself and subsequently pissed the floor. By the next morning they supposedly removed him, yet he came back.

• 16th Aug 2015

In total we enjoyed our stay at this hostel. However there were not enough bathrooms for the amount of people that stayed there. Furthermore the train tracks were just outside our window.

• 15th Aug 2015

We had a great stay at isaacs. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. Especially after one week in a terrible hostel in Belfast, it felt like coming home when we returned to Isaacs Hostel! Furthermore the hostel decreeds big lockers, a sauna and many more, and also offers great specials like a free walking tour through Dublin or a Backpacker Pubcrawl (definitely recommend the Pubcrawl ;) )

The kitchen was absolutely disgusting. The fridges are not cleaned or emptied of old food. I found items over a month old! The hostel staff switch around beds with no notice, so there were frequently issues where someone came back to a stranger in their bed. When brought to the staff, it was given a quick fix that just caused more problems later on. Also, the hostel rooms are very hot even when it's cool outside! The area the hostel is in isn't nice; I walked past a man doing drugs in the alley!

• 14th Aug 2015