Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Bathrooms smelt very bad Disappointed that there was not wifi in the rooms

• 18th Oct 2015

So sorry abut the bathrooms .They are cleaned twice daily but in a hostel with shared bathrooms can be other guests useage which causes issues .We do have Wifi throughout and if connection in room was poor- our apologies but it is very in reception/ common room areas

Everything was perfect. The staff is very helpful; wifi is good enough ( I stayed in 2nd floor); bathrooms were always clean; beds were comfortables. It's good to have breakfast included (don't expect a continental breakfast but it's pretty good and worth it :)) The kitchen is good and fully equipped.

Brilliant thank you!

Masive hostel, nice security (magnetics cards for every door), good walking distances from the oturism city centre. The hostel is really big wich is great for groups, but for solo or small groups of travellers might be not that attractive. Nice value for money.

Paper thin walls and floors making for a difficult sleep. Some of the bunk beds are directly under lights, so if you have the top bunk, it gets way too hot when the lights are on. Staff were very friendly however, and main common area makes it easy to meet other people.

My main complaint is that it is inconvenient not having lockers in the room. That said, it is a safe hostel in a good location near the city center, and about 15 or so minutes from the bars and shops. It is clean with good facilities. The staff was great with helping me book a daytrip with a tour company and a very early morning shuttle to the airport. You have to make a little bit of an effort if you want to meet people--not the best for solo travelers. Also, there are families that stay here.

I had a lovely stay here! Very friendly and helpful staff! I would definitely stay here again

The showers are annoying, you can't control the temperature and the water stream is too close to the wall.

• 15th Oct 2015

Nice hostel. Unfortenely cold showers and no wifi in the dorms.

• Sweden

We stayed at Isaac's two times and all in all, we had a good time. Unfortunately, the first time we stayed in a 16-bed-dorm in the 3rd floor where the floor was very noisy if you walked to the door. This was a bit nerve-racking during the night!

It's really nice but I don't like the breakfast, I eat only salt breakfast in morning, like cheese or ham. But globaly nice.

• 15th Oct 2015

Not the best hostel I've stayed at. No lockers in the rooms is a pain, the ventation is bad, and the beds suck. On top of this, the showers were never very warm. However, breakfast was pretty good considering it was free and the location is great. Seems to be slim pickings in Dublin, but this place was decent for the price. Oh, skip the club crawl; the "free" Guinness was a buy one get one (half pint) and the shots were about an ounce of liqueur.

I absolutely loved this hostel experience and would highly recommend staying at Isaacs! The staff is friendly and helpful, facilities are clean, and there is great security. Bring some ear plugs if you're a light sleeper. Definitely take advantage of their free walking tour. It was an excellent way to get my bearings for the city and full of interesting facts and history. My tour guide was wonderful and had great advice on where to go and what to see.

The staff were amazing - helpful, kind and generally friendly.

I loved Isaacs! The staff are incredibly nice, helpful, and fun. The rooms are a good size, the bathrooms are good (you have to keep pressing the button for the water to run but you get used to it), the common room is nice, they have music playing and a tv and in the basement thet have luggage storage, a hangout room, laundry facility, a pool table, and a sauna. Overall it was a really good experience. If you're looking for a quiet place I would suggest Jacobs inn though.

Simple but it was clean and safe. The staff were friendly and provided breakfast for us before the kitchen opened when we were headed out early

Many thanks

Great Stay at Isaacs. The male staff are really sweet and friendly! My room was huge (tip: you're at a hostel guys, it's going to get noisy, bring earplugs and a mask to sleep!). Also, there's no wifi in the room, but who cares, you're there to sleep! Go to the common rooms for "connection". Great location and it's really easy to meet people! Thanks :)

Great review and great Hostelling attitude - Love it

Stayed in an 8 bed dorm. Only 4 plugs in the room, made charging phones/cameras difficult. Also no little lights for night time, so as people came in from nights out, made it difficult for others to not disturb those already asleep. little things that could have made the dorm experience much better.

• 8th Oct 2015

Thanks and yes you are right the little things are important , we have made a lot of improvements recently and more to do yet !

Isaacs was the best hostel I've been to so far. The stay was comfortable and the building was clean. There is a common room where people hang out. It's a bit of a walk to get to the tourist attractions. The location of the building was in a safe neighborhood. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and definitely would return again.

Kitchen is quite small, so you might have to wait a while before you can cook anything, and there is no wifi in the rooms. Otherwise, perfect hostel ! Very convenient location & great staff !

Glad you liked the hostel - sorry you had to wait a while in the kitchen but hope that was an opportunity for a bit of socialising !

The ambiance and location are great. Down sides: 1) rooms are right by the train so if you're a light sleeper, good luck. 2) Comforters had hair all over it. 3) No lockers or Internet in the rooms. Overall, I would not stay here again unless it's a budget issue and no other cleaner hostels in the area have availability.

Thanks for the feedback . Our rooms are cleaned daily and beds changed also for every guest, so there definitely should not be hair on the Blankets and we will check this out immediately .We do have 24 hour lockers in the basement and this is handy to leave luggage before check in or after check out . Wifi is throughout the Hostel so apologies if you did not get in room connection .We are so very sorry that Isaacs did not tick all the boxes for you