Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

This opinion is based only on my own experience, of course, but I admit I had a terrible time in the hostel. Sad and unsafe atmosphere, no locker in the room, but only in a stinky basement. Maybe I got one of the worst room, but it was wet heat and bad smelly. I could not even just sleep a bit. Creepy noises or groups of people yelling. In the middle of the night I packed my stuff and I wanted to leave. Too oppressive atmosphere. Even the common room looks like it's charity hostel.

Wow - what a terrible review - we are so disappointed. We don't normally get feedback like this so I don't really know what to stay. We're sorry you didn't have a good time.

I loved staying at Isaacs. They have a fantastic atmosphere, everything is very clean and organized yet fun and inviting as well. Not to mention the free wifi and sauna (which I didn't try but heard great thinks about). The breakfast selection was great as well and a good time to make new friends. I found the beds comfortable and that people were pretty good about not making noise. I would definitely stay again and recommend anyone visiting Dublin to stay there as well.

• 16th May 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you so much for your very thorough review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

The staff were friendly and happy to help (with the exception of one guy working the night shift in the lobby who was extremely rude to me all 3 times I spoke to him and acted like I was inconveniencing him.) The internet works great in the lobby, they have a lot of social events, and breakfast in the morning. It was my first hostel experience and felt as much like home as a hostel could.

Issac's is your typical hostel with great friendly outgoing staff that like to engage with their guests. They have plenty of activities for guests and are always helpful and provide suggestions for things to do. The dorm rooms were your typical dorms, facilities were good showers hot no complaints. The location isn't on the side of the river where all the bars and some of the tourist attracts are but its reasonably close to everything or you can take the buses.

Absolutely great hostel and atmosphere! I had such a great time staying here and the staff was wonderful. My only complaints would be that the lockers are all the way in the basement and they resemble monkey cages. Also the showers are horrible and you have to push the button every 5 seconds (no exaggeration) to turn on the water. I would still stay there again though, location is great, close walk to Temple Bar area.

• 15th May 2014

Thanks for your review, We are looking into your comments and we will be addressing them. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about things - feedback is important.

Loved staying at this hostel, made great friends and it's within walking distance of so much of what Dublin has to offer. The free walking tour the offer was invaluable, I learnt so much about the city and had a real giggle on the way round! The staff were great help, super friendly and nice! I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Dublin.

Thanks so much for your great review.

Lovely place to meet other travelers.

Thanks for your great comment- that's exactly what we are trying to achieve.

Location is good, not in the very centre of Dublin but just a 5 minutes walk to the Liffey. Frenchman's Lane is relatively dirty and Luas (inner city tram) passes just behind the hostel, right behind some room's windows. Hostel was clean enough and definetly worth it's money. Only the staff, usally totally nice and very helpfull, let me down when I contacted via email due to a booking problem for a second stay.

• 14th May 2014

For an oldie it was a goodie. Will be back when visiting Dublin again.

• South Africa

Great place with great atmosphere. Loved staying here, I also had the opportunity to meet so many people on the common area.

Thanks for you great review.

I only stayed for one night and I was alone, but I'm sure if I had stayed longer I would have enjoyed my time. The hostel had a very lively atmosphere and a decent breakfast. It's close to a lot of the sights.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I had no possibilyty to come to you the 14th of May. I cancelled therefore the reservation. But you have taken money frpm my account. Please pay it back.

• Sweden

Please can you contact us directly in relation to this and we will look into it - email groups@isaacs.ie with your reservation number please. We normally do not charge for beds which have been cancelled in accordance with our cancellation policy.

Good value for the price. Nice to have breakfast inclueded. Very good staff indeed!

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

i actually stayed at isaacs twice and had a lovely stay both times, the staff were friendly and super helpful. my second visit was because i had left my phone at the hostel the first time and somebody had found it and they kept it for me at the reception which was really awesome and i appreciated that. the place was clean and safe and is a good distance from the city centre. also the flags in the alleyway are quite festive. lots of love from canada and thanks for everything!

• 13th May 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Do come again.

This hostel has everything one could look for and is very well located. It's absolutely huge which takes away from the cozy hostel feel I tend to prefer but there are plenty of opportunities to meet fellow travelers. Breakfast was very good compared to other hostel offerings.

Thanks for your review. We are delighted you were happy with our hostel.

The kitchen was quite dirty and smelly and the showers turned off after 6 seconds (I counted).

They offer some cool yours and features. Take advantage of them especially the walking tour.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Really enjoyed stopping here! Got everything you needed and has a cracking atmosphere!

• 10th May 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay - do come again.

Overall a very good hostel. The only thing that was diffucult for me was that I couldn't eat any breakfast because there was no vegan food.

• 8th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Bathrooms, great and new- more hooks to put your things needed. Met lots of great people, staff were fantastic. Pub crawl- even better! My only issue- maybe an age restriction wouldn't go astray as it felt like as a young person we were way out numbered by older and CRANKY people. Gave off a wierd vibe being abused by old people for being too noisy (which wasn't the case i totally understand the need for a good nap) when you are in a hostel that is clearly designed to be more on the fun side

Thanks for taking the time to post - I'm amazed at your comments about older guests - normally it is mainly young people who stay with us or older people with a young attitude!