Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The staff was more than exellent, please add a tick box perfect.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sweet.. thank you !

solid hostel, very expensive but then so is all of Dublin. has 2 or 3 areas that could be the common area meaning all areas didn't really have a real social feel. I would highly recommend here, no massive draw backs except the common area feel. highly recommend, also staff are pretty Sweet.

Super convenient for the bus & train stations & not too far from the city centre. Bathrooms had no door, which was a little weird, but were clean enough & the showers weren't bad. Beds were comfortable & rooms were spacious. No wifi in the rooms is always annoying, but there were a lot of decent common areas. One guy was great, but the other staff members weren't particularly helpful.

Someone was using the bed I was assigned the first night so I told the desk later that night as more people arrived. I was told to pick a bed and let them know tomorrow but at 2AM a member of staff came in, woke me up and asked which bed I was supposed to be in. Later in my stay, my stuff was all removed from my bed and bagged up because I was in the wrong bed. I was there for a week without this happening and without warning all my things were moved even though they had time to inform me.

Awesome place! Near the city center is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit Dublin. The staff is very helpful and every day they organise free tours of the city.

• 18th Apr 2015

Cool, Thank you !

Great history, showers hot, great atmosphere. Staff really friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Night staff was a bit unfriendly, could've been nicer. Clean place though!

• 16th Apr 2015

When we returned to the hostel around 1 am the doors to enter were locked and a janitor let us in. We are not sure how we would have gotten in otherwise because we were never notified that the hostel would be locked at a certain time.

Hi the Hostel is open 24/7 and a member of staff is always on duty - We just lock the doors as a added security precaution at nighttime - apologies for any confusion

Helpful staff, plenty of gender seperate facilities, good kitchen!

Very noisy. cannot sleep as train bridge is just across. Cannot charge my phone only two socket in bedroom. You cannot take shower on morning time as cold water only. self kitchen nice but smells terrible. Management should more keep eyes for cleaning in kitchen. Birds in kitchen are nit permitted due to healthy reason

Thanks for your feedback. For lighter sleepers we do offer ear plugs and will try and accommodate if you need a quieter room. There would be more than two sockets in each bedroom so I am sorry if you did not locate and they were not obvious, we will always charge your appliances at reception if you need We will check out the Kitchen but it is cleaned twice daily by our staff and we would ask that all guests leave as they found some would be more diligent than others.

Everything was great except the showers. I'm okay with push for water but to not be able to control the temperature is a bit hard when the water is scorching hot.

Loud at night.

It was very nice hostel with a lot of facilities. We did the free walking and it was very good. We loved our guide Keith. He could explain everything very good with a good amount of humor sometimes.

Lovely to read this feedback . Thank you

I really enjoyed my stay. The beds were good, the place was very clean and warm. There was little to no trouble with noise in the rooms. I would've liked the breakfast to have lasted longer: 7AM to 10AM eg. Further I think a bigger sink would be useful, similar to the type used for cattle.

Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for the useful suggestions .

Great place to stay will return soon

• 14th Apr 2015

Good to hear this !

Great time with the family. Good base location not far from the center. Will be staying again next time. Excellent value for money

• 13th Apr 2015

Many thanks !

Very cool hostel, the staff it's really helpful and friendly. Everything is very clean, there are enough places to chill and relax in the hostel... I would give Isaac's Hostel 4/5 rating just because sometimes the wifi didn't work properly and the water in the showers was really cold, but everything else it's really good.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

I already miss the hostel!

• 11th Apr 2015

W miss you too ! Thanks !

Wifi is only working at lobby I couldn't use wifi in the room Only cold water was provided in the shower room I needed warm shower!!!

We do only have wifi currently in the common areas but the signal is good . You should of course have hot water and we will double check our plumbing settings to see if all is in order. Sorry for any inconvenience

Overall this hostel wAs ok. Breakfast was overly complicated and not great quality. Rooms were average, but clean. The one main concern was that staff could not find an ice pack or any form of ice for an injured person in our group and dos not see why this was a concern...,

• 10th Apr 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Our Free breakfast is light and simple with tea and coffee, toast, jams ,juices and cereals. Was there was perhaps an issue with the breakfast being very busy that day as we are not sure what you mean by complicated? I am so sorry if we were unable to locate an ice pack or ice we do have it on the premises and we have first aid trained personnel on our team . We have since discussed with all staff to ensure they know where to locate Ice