Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I thought this hostel was nice and the rooms were clean. Was glad to have towels provided! Breakfast was good too. Would stay again and recommend.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for posting your review - glad you liked it.

Overall a good hostel. The location is decent... Close to central bus station and train station. There was quite a bit of 'anti-social' activity in the alley across from the entrance. Best to walk with a friend late at night. Walking distance to most tourist attractions. Super clean!! Breakfast was good!! Staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, I wish you had given us a better score though!!

Great place overall! Ran into some shady characters but that was more because I was arriving 5am after a Friday night and less because of the location of isaacs. Location from fun going out/temple area is a brisk 15 min walk, and while other hostels might be closer, I think isaacs makes up for the location tradeoff!

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

was very very cozy and just loved the atmosphere over there! the room down in the basement is so adorable for just chilling out and playing pool or chatting with others. Our dorm for 6 was not too packed at all we had more than enough room for all of the guests in that particular room :) and the fact that they have a free sauna to use is a big plus!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - do come again.

I can't say it was a bad hostel but it was rather odd. No security cages under the beds despite there being space, instead you have to pay two euro a night for a locker key plus ten euro deposit. The lockers are in the basement which is a real pain if you want to go for a shower and you have gear that is needed. Do you leave it insecure in the room or travel down to the basement to secure it? Staff said this is not unusual for a Dublin hostel, I haven't experienced this in other Dublin hostels.

You know we tried those cages under the bed in the past but they didn't work out too well for us so we got rid of them. We just want people to have their stuff kept as safe as possible.

Short distance to Conolly, Busaras and LUAS station.

• 4th Jul 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay - and yes we are really central to all public transport.

We weren't too impressed with Isaacs Hostel.. It was okay. The hostel was very busy and crammed in the main lobby and breakfast area. Our room located on the top floor was very hot and uncomfortable. Some positives were the staff - they were very helpful and friendly.

So sorry you didn't enjoy the hostel. We are in a very busy city centre so it is very busy especially in high season.

We had a wonderful stay at Isaacs, only downside was the stinking hot room! Made for a few bad nights rest but apart from that the hostel was great and the staff really helpful

Thanks for your great review - glad you enjoyed your stay - sorry it was so hot - it's rare in Ireland.

Isaac's was a great hostel with friendly staff & great opportunities to socialize OR relax in the awesome basement, depending on what you felt like. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, which was annoying on a few occasions. And the room was HOT and humid a few of the nights, but they do offer a few fans at the front desk and you have access to opening the windows.

Thanks for posting your review.- glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much, I recommend the is place to everyone. Our roommates were wonderful and we had the greatest time. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful, the location is central and makes every activity very easy and last but not least, the sauna is a great original one ! Reminded my of finland :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

So glad you enjoyed your stay - do come again.

Staff were very helpful. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2014

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed our staff - we think they are great too.

Staff was very helpful with giving me directions and I felt safe. The only thing is that the breakfast was not amazing, just better than other hostels I've been to...

• 1st Jul 2014

Thanks for your great review. Breakfast is just a free light breakfast we offer to our guests.

Lovely place to stay, as it's so handy to to the city centre, the staff are really welcoming and it's a great place to make friends and chill out! Thanks for the great hospitality!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks so much for your great review.

Perfect location.

Thanks so much for your great review.

The staff was beyond helpful with any question I had about Dublin. They were always available night and day. I was little bummed out to find out when I returned to Dublin that there wasn't any vacancy, hands down the best trip of my life.

• 28th Jun 2014

Thanks so much - we love guests like you.

Perfect location, clean rooms, but terribly loud.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the noise.

The temperature in the place is insane. Far to hot in the rooms. More of a lads on tour vibe than a backpacker one. Not a bad thing if that is what you are looking for. Not enough showers and no wifi in rooms isn't great. Not a bad hostel just a very average one.

Thanks for posting your review. The temperatures while you were here were high alright but it is quite cold now.

A bit far from the main bits in dublin but other than that no problems at all. Perfect for traveling solo

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The Isaacs Hostel is comfortably close to the city core (3mins by foot). It's full of young people gathering at the lobby, lots of healthy drinking in the evening and good speaker music setting the mood. Unfortunately, the train tracks are just in front of the rooms (although the train is much slower and quieter during the night)! Another thing I didn't like was not having lockers in the room, it really makes one person unease about personal valuables.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Thanks for posting your review - we do offer ear plugs to any light sleepers. Safes are provided and we offer left luggage cages in the basement. Glad you liked the atmosphere.

This place is awesome! They really tried their best to make me welcome. My room was originally too hot, so they gave me a free upgrade and were so nice about it! I had the best time, thanks guys!