Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was great! The only thing that was a bummer was that there was no internet signal in the rooms and there weren't outlets to charge your phones near the top bunk beds. The lower beds had outlets near them, but I was placed in a top bunk and I usually charge my phone over night. Also, there weren't lockers on the bedrooms, so for some people, that might be a problem.

No hot showers..

• 29th Oct 2015
  • South Africa

We stayed during Halloween weekend and really enjoyed the friendly staff and other visitors, they did free tacos, beer, shots and face painting and we did the nightly pub crawl they organize and had a blast! Highly recommend

We had a ball too at Halloween, thanks a million !

Overall it was a good experience but I think that there should be some type of notice that homeless people also stay in the hostel and that you will probably have to share your dorm with a homeless person. Also the showers were lukewarm at best with almost no water coming out. Aside from that I would say it was an enjoyable experience.

• 28th Oct 2015

People came in and out of the rooms fast and without knowing who you're going to sleep next to the next night. I felt a bit worried about the stuff that I left in the room, but fortunately everything was okay. Also might consider putting a small shelf inside the showers, half my clothes got wet and I had nowhere to put my other belongings.

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Great hostel, employees were great, location was great and security was good. Men's bathrooms were a bit dirty in the evening, everything else was nice and clean. Showers are a bit cold! Would recommend this hostel, most definitely coming back someday!

Many thanks - hope to see you back soon

L'auberge est géniale, je n'ai rien à redire sur la qualité du service proposé par l'établissement. En revanche, seul point noir sur le tableau est la navette aéroport proposée par l'auberge: celle que j'ai prise n'avait aucune ceinture à son bord et le chauffeur roulait vraiment beaucoup trop vite. J'ai eu assez peur...

• 27th Oct 2015

Merci Beaucoup

Unfriendly staff: we asked to stay 3 hours in the lounge area one night before taking the bus to the airport and our request was refused. The water in the shower was cold and we have been told to just change the shower. If you want to secure your staff you have to pay 2€ per day.

Our staff normally get such fabulous reviews, I am so sorry to hear this

Good place to stay but people didnt respect the silence around the rooms.

Thanks for your review. We do have notices up to ask people to be quiet between 11pm and 7am but unfortunately not all guests are well behaved all the time but we will intervene if needs!

My stay was great! I loved the environment and the staff was extremely helpful, even in giving suggestions for tours and other things to do. I felt very safe and the room was clean and comfortable. Will definitely recommend.

Cool review -thank you!

Guesthouse not so fun, some of the staff was quite dull while others were fun and nice... No luggage locker in the room... If you wanna put your stuff safe you have to put it at the basement so you constantly switch There's just 2 toilettes and 3 shower for all the floor. You must always wait for it

Great place to stay; most definitely value for money.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The staff were friendly and the central location was excellent. I think putting down some rough carpet in the corridors would hep reduce the noise levels. Also the showers were fairly tepid, so it would be a good idea to look into that. But otherwise I was well satisfied.

• 21st Oct 2015

Your staff is great! Everyone of them were so helpful and so nice and welcoming!! Andy was by far the best, but everyone else was amazing as well!

• 21st Oct 2015

Great staff. We were tired when we first arrived and were greeted by Kevin at the front desk-honestly one of the best guys ever. He instantly made us feel comfortable and was hilarious. The staff was on point, rooms were clean and the area was cozy and the wifi in the main hall room worked great. Definitely recommend!

Good location, good vibe in the common room. Water in showers was lukewarm.

Thanks so sorry if the shower was lukewarm this should not be the case and we are working hard to resolve reoccurance

My son (5 y) and me stayed for 3 nights and for 1 night: + friendly stuff + closed to O'Connell Street and Aircoach/ Airlink - very noisy (loudly doors, hand dryer...) you can hear everything through the walls - the rooms need more hooks!

I booked this hostel after a few days in Dublin. Apart from its location a bit further from the busy Temple bar, it's a the end of the 2nd commercial street of Dublin, and the hostel itself is very nice, good facilities, the luggage locker is very handy to store spare bags. Less noisy than the downtown ones, the staff is also very friendly and helpful, the kitchen is nice and there is the breakfast included. A good hostel!

Everything is great except for the cold showers and no wifi in the rooms.

So sorry to hear you had cold showers, There were a a few interruptions in the hot water at peak times due to tank capacity which is being worked on . We have wifi throughout the Hostel sorry if you could not get

Stayed in one of the private double rooms, had a great time. The location is perfect - very close to a major station and a coach station, and the sights are all in easy walking distance. The staff are the best - friendly, helpful and every tip they gave (day trips, cafes, pubs) was a massive hit. Would certainly stay there again. Free breakfast is a nice touch too.

• 19th Oct 2015

Great stuff , thanks a million