Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Very cool hostel, the staff it's really helpful and friendly. Everything is very clean, there are enough places to chill and relax in the hostel... I would give Isaac's Hostel 4/5 rating just because sometimes the wifi didn't work properly and the water in the showers was really cold, but everything else it's really good.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

I already miss the hostel!

• 11th Apr 2015

W miss you too ! Thanks !

Wifi is only working at lobby I couldn't use wifi in the room Only cold water was provided in the shower room I needed warm shower!!!

We do only have wifi currently in the common areas but the signal is good . You should of course have hot water and we will double check our plumbing settings to see if all is in order. Sorry for any inconvenience

Overall this hostel wAs ok. Breakfast was overly complicated and not great quality. Rooms were average, but clean. The one main concern was that staff could not find an ice pack or any form of ice for an injured person in our group and dos not see why this was a concern...,

• 10th Apr 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Our Free breakfast is light and simple with tea and coffee, toast, jams ,juices and cereals. Was there was perhaps an issue with the breakfast being very busy that day as we are not sure what you mean by complicated? I am so sorry if we were unable to locate an ice pack or ice we do have it on the premises and we have first aid trained personnel on our team . We have since discussed with all staff to ensure they know where to locate Ice

Good atmosphere and warm decor. However, we had a very noisy night because of the train which passed each hour just next to the youth hostel. But except that inconvenient, they propose many services and activities like free lockers, sightseeing tours or organized party in Dublin's typical bars. Concerning the cleanliness, it depends on the moment when you decide to have a pee or a shower.

Good location ,would return..

Cool Thanks !

Amazing atmosphere and a wonderful staff. The hostel is an experience in-and-of itself! The only criticisms I have are for security (a few brats broke into a guests only area) and cleanliness (I had to throw away some personal belongings because a man pissed and defecated all over them after coming in from the pub crawl). Both of these issues were resolved promptly, however.

Thanks a million glad you enjoyed the hostel and so sorry about the incidents during your stay.which are most unusual and glad we wre able to resolve quickly

Most expensive hostel my friend and I have stayed in in Europe and we didn't get much for our money. Wifi was only available in common spaces which was both inconvenient and annoying. They put us in a room on the ground floor (with a window open right on a dark alley!) and wouldn't hear my request to move us to a higher up room, as two young women traveling together this made us very uncomfortable. Staff wasn't overly welcoming either. Location was decent but not worth the splurge.

• 9th Apr 2015

Such an awesome hostel- I wish all hostels were like this one! Great location, clean, the best atmosphere. Loved every minute.

I said that security is average because I did not see any lockers available. People just put their belongings near their beds.

We do have 24hour Lockers in the basement to store all your gear during your stay . You get the locks at reception

Everyone could see into the showers. The fans for the hands (in the toilets) are too noisy. Especially because there is no door. Sauna is nice, but why only three hours a day? Better more flexible. I know, it's a big hostel but you could make it more homely.

Many thanks for your useful feedback and we will check out all the issues you have raised

The staff were really friendly and the people there were nice. The 18 beds to a room is a little bit much for me and left me feeling a little insecure at night. The back alley entrance can feel quite unwelcoming at night. The lounge was not very inviting as everyone was on their electronic devices. I think by allowing people to access internet throughout the hostel would invite more people out to the common room to socialize, instead of being on their phones.

• 7th Apr 2015

Glad you liked the staff . Sorry to here that the lounge was n't as sociable as you would like - It normally is . The blight of smart phones and we take your point. The max size of dorm is 16 bed but we do have lots of smaller dorms from 6 people which might suit you better.

The employees at isaacs was the highlight of this hostel, super friendly and helpful! I did like the main lobby area has a good atmosphere for socializing. The location was a couple blocks off the beaten path, and the breakfast could have offered a bit more- the other hostel I stayed at in Dublin had fruit, hard boiled eggs and Nutella as well as two types of cereal. Also wifi in the rooms would have been helpful. overall, it was a good value and if in Dublin again I would stay again!

Many thanks for your great feedback .Our free light breakfast is simple but we do serve hard bolied eggs over the weekend and two types of cereal .Glad you loved the staff and the atmosphere

Not enough sockets to charge things and the beds were not very comfortable. The staff were really nice and helpful.

Thanks for your comments . So sorry if you found the bed uncomfortable.It's a very personal thing but we do buy very good mattresses and replace regularly Glad you found our staff good

Isaacs is a good hostel!! We loved being there, even if for a couple of days because of all the facilities included in the price and because of the nice staff. The location is good because you are almost in the city center. However there were a couple of things we didn't like. In fact, it was just near the railway and the noise was a little annoying. The real thing we didn't like was the dirtyness. It is cheap and that's ok, but please, CLEAN IT a little bit more!

One of the guys behind the desk helped me resell my bus ticket to the airport because the bus wasn't running when I needed it to! It was a huge help and I am so grateful :)

• 5th Apr 2015

Glad to be of help !

schön wären Schließfächer auf dem Zimmer oder kleine Spinte die man auf Leihbasis oder gegen kleines Geld anmieten könnte. Damit alles auf dem Zimmer ist und man nicht immer runter in den Keller laufen muss- was allerdings auch wirklich super war, das man diese nur gegen eine "Leihgebühr" nutzen konnte.

• 4th Apr 2015

Super Hostel! Mitarbeiter meist sehr freundlich und hilfsbereit! Lage optimal! Insgesamt sehr zufrieden, vielen Dank für die gute Zeit :)

• 4th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sie sind wilkommen . Vielen dank !

My first stay at ISAAC´S was in 1981 and is´t getting better during thr times. It´s one of the best stays in Dublin-Town.

Wow thanks - have you any photos from your earlier stay in the 1980s?

Both trips to Dublin I stayed there .Good central loclation .I would return .The best Hostel in UK is savoy in Galway .Its like a Motel and reasonable .Thanks staff for your undertanding and support .Won't be forgotten .

Many thanks and glad you enjoyed Isaacs . PS.Galway is in Ireland not UK !!