Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Stayed for two nights. Decent facilities. Great location to take the airport shuttle and near the bus station. 5 to 10 min walk to main road. Would be great if they have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you liked the hostel. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms because we want people to do it the old fashioned way and talk face to face.

Great stay overall, would recommend to anyone, especially if traveling in a group.

Thanks so much for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Les chambres sont petites, je n'avais pas de prise électrique. Le personnel ne fait aucun effort pour comprendre et satisfaire le client, ils sont juste la pour faire des sous. Les toilettes n'étaient pas propre, les chambres non plus, heureusement que je n'y suis reste qu'une nuit.

• 31st Aug 2014

Très désole que vous n'avez pas passe un bon séjour chez nous.

Il est dommage de ne pas avoir de ne pas avoir de Wifi dans les chambres.

il n'a y a pas de WIFI dans les chambres car nous voulons que les clients parlent ensemble.

A bit large and impersonal, but perfectly fine for staying a couple of nights. It's clean, the staff is nice, the vaulted basement with desks, games, sauna and laundry is very nice.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Alle Dienste und angegebenden Leistungen sind zufriedenstellend, wenn auch nicht perfekt. Die sanitären Einrichtungen könnten meiner Meinung nach besser sein. Schade finde ich, dass ich in Sachen Atmosphäre etwas enttäuscht wurde. Ich habe in meiner Zeit dort (Anfang September) keinerlei Kontakte im Hostel geknüpft. Es war ein großes Kommen und Gehen, fast wie im Hotel - viele Gruppen und wenige allein reisende. Nettes Personal, gutes Angebot an Einrichtung (Küche, Waschraum, Ruheraum, etc.)..

• 30th Aug 2014

Had a wonderful stay at Isaacs Hostel. The staff were very friendly and exceptionally helpful.

• 29th Aug 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It would be a good idea we can regulate shower's temperature and a few more hooks to hang clothes and towel at the same time.

Thanks of your positive comments - we will look and see what we can do with more hooks.

Not having wi-fi in the rooms was a bit annoying but the communal areas were very nice so it wasn't as bad as it could have been at another hostel. Staff very helpful, location was good, rooms pretty spacious

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

L'emplacement de l'auberge est très bien situé. Cependant le rapport qualité-prix n'est pas terrible: 21 euros le lit dans une chambre de 8 plus 2 euros par jour pour le locker. Les douches et les toilettes sont communes et le tram passe toutes les 5 minutes à côté des chambres. Heureusement, le personnel est très sympathique...

The hostel was great! Had a really fun time, and the daytime and evening staff were absolutely amazing. The over night staff was consistently very rude to me, and every other person I talked to about it, each and every night though... which is a bummer. Besides that everything was great.

Bien en general, sólo que un poco ruidoso.

• 28th Aug 2014
  • Spain

One of the most fun hostels I've ever stayed to compliment one of the funnest cities I've ever visited. Perfect.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

AWFUL staff. The second I walked in and handed the guy my American passport he proceeded to berate me and become angry with me that my country wouldn't give him a visa? It was weird. DISGUSTING rooms. And soooo far from everything and in a some-what sketchy area. Possibly the worst hostel experience I've ever had.

Unfortunately I lost my flight and couldn't stay at Isaac's, but some friends went there and told me only good things about this hostel! When I back to Dublin, probably I will book again at Isaac's!

Personalmente, lo que a mi me desagradó fue el tipo de huéspedes más habituales: grupos de adolescentes. Muy ruidosos, poco respetuosos. Las habitaciones demasiado pequeñas para tantas personas. El suelo de parquet antiguo, muy muy ruidoso, también las puertas. El personal és genial. Si tenéis que elegir, mucho mejor en Jacobs Inn, mismos servicios y sin los inconvenientes que he destacado de Isaacs.

Sorry you didn\t appear to enjoy your stay.

very noisy. There is a very busy railway line which passes the hostel. My bed was about15 feet from the track.I tried to change rooms but I was told that all the rooms are affected by the noise from the trains.A side effect of the trains is the smell and squeal of the brakes from the train wheels as they slow down past the hotel .

• 26th Aug 2014

It's really strange but some of our guests never even notice the trains - the rooms at the back of the hostel are away from the train tracks but perhaps they were fully booked when you wee there.

A great place to stay, and great value for money. Only problem was that the women's section of the floor was not clearly marked out from the men's section--I nearly stumbled into the women's bathroom twice! Also, it could be difficult finding your way around. I had put my valuables in one of the storage cupboards in the basement and had trouble figuring out how to get back there again. So better signage would be helpful.

• 25th Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments. We will definitely look at the signage and see how we can improve it.

Where to start... I got clothes and my towel stolen from my room, which was everything that was not locked in the basement (side note: there are no free lockers). The employee was not really helpful, he only said he was sorry. The bathrooms at midnight were a mess: two clogged toilets, one broken and leaking urinal, and a sink with blood and bloody paper towels. There were also some minor issues with the kitchen and the noise, but that's unimportant. I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hostel.

So sorry you had a bad experience at our hostel. Very strange to have clothes and a towel stolen - I have never heard of this before.

had a great time, friendly and helpful staff, great tours, atmosphere,location

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.