Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I spent 3 nights over the Isaacs, and it was a really great experience! I was on my own, business trip, but I never felt alone in the common room, in the reading room, with a lot of great people from all around the world. My room was super clean (despite 10 people in it), the staff guys were always kind, polite and nice to me: they were able to solve all my problems! The hostel is also in a great location, like 2 minutes from city center. Highly recommended!

We just love reviews like yours! Please come again.

We had a nice stay for a few days in Dublin. A good free breakfast, very close to the train station and buses.

We had a great stay at issacs will defiantly be back and will be referring to other friends without a doubt. very friendly staff and great location.

• 21st May 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - thank you.

Huge place, very crowded and a bit noisy, but very well located within walking distance from Train Station and Busaras Bus Station. 10 minutes from downtown. Very good facilities, very secure, nice breakfast, friendly staff, fast internet. Thanks!

Thanks for your nice review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Overall a cool spot to stay. My sister had a problem with no Wifi in the rooms (it's only in the common areas), but if that's not an issue for you then it's all good. Play area and sauna were a nice touch! Good stay there & staff was helpful except for one instance. I came back late w a 2 friends. They said no visitors so late; understandable. Except we were standing right next to the lobby door while we figured out what to do bc it was very rainy and cold and they kicked us out. Very rude

Glad you enjoyed your stay - sorry about our policy of not letting visitors come in late at night - our night porters have a difficult job to keep everything running smoothly so I apologise if they were a bit abrupt.

The only criticism I can make it the free wifi not reaching the dorm rooms and the connection being very slow at times in the common room - but the hostel facilities are great otherwise and the stay at isacc's was very comfortable. Met some great people in the pub crawl and walking tour.

Thanks for your review - we don't want wifi in the rooms - we want guests to talk to each other.

Cheap hostel within the week. Lots of stuff to do in the hostel and around Dublin. Kitchen wasn't very tidy and clean as well as the toilets and showers. BUt thats cause there are many people staying in the hostel. Location very close to city center by foot

Thanks for your review - we do clean everywhere daily but we need our guests to help keep the place tidy.

Great place to stay. Affordable, clean (mostly), and safe. I am considerably older than most of the residents, but never felt out of place. The staff was awesome.

• 18th May 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Friendly staff, decent location. The showers were dirty, the drain in one of the female showers was clogged with hair and I was ankle deep in dirty shower runoff from the adjacent shower stalls. There was dirty toilet paper on the floor in the bathroom and there was a dirty clogged toilet in the men's bathroom. The free breakfast consisted of white bread, jam, and cereal. The kitchen was small for the number of guests at the hostel. I would probably not stay here again.

Thanks for your review. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. We do clean everywhere daily but we hope that when our cleaning staff are off duty, guests will keep the place fairly today and not make too much of a mess. Clearly this didn;t happen. Breakfast is just a light breakfast we offer free of charge to our guests.

The first night was extremely hot and I couldn't sleep. Other nights were better.

I was terribly sick during my short stay there, which was unfortunate for me as well as my roommates. It was too hot, and leaving the windows open only brought in the noise from other tenants partying on their porches. I needed sleep, but the girls I roomed with kept the lights on until around midnight. I will not stay in a hostel again.

• 17th May 2014

It was terrible for you to be sick while you were staying with us. It is a pity you didn't let us know you were unwell and we would have moved you to a more private room.

They only thing is the room was really hot. Could've used more fans or AC.

• 17th May 2014

Thanks so much for your great review. We will look at the comment you made about the heat.

You have got a wonderful facility with friendly people staffing it! The atmosphere is incredible and we truly had an amazing time! The only thing I would suggest is making sure that all of the card reader protected doors are functioning correctly. Otherwise, keep up the great work!

• 16th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This opinion is based only on my own experience, of course, but I admit I had a terrible time in the hostel. Sad and unsafe atmosphere, no locker in the room, but only in a stinky basement. Maybe I got one of the worst room, but it was wet heat and bad smelly. I could not even just sleep a bit. Creepy noises or groups of people yelling. In the middle of the night I packed my stuff and I wanted to leave. Too oppressive atmosphere. Even the common room looks like it's charity hostel.

Wow - what a terrible review - we are so disappointed. We don't normally get feedback like this so I don't really know what to stay. We're sorry you didn't have a good time.

I loved staying at Isaacs. They have a fantastic atmosphere, everything is very clean and organized yet fun and inviting as well. Not to mention the free wifi and sauna (which I didn't try but heard great thinks about). The breakfast selection was great as well and a good time to make new friends. I found the beds comfortable and that people were pretty good about not making noise. I would definitely stay again and recommend anyone visiting Dublin to stay there as well.

• 16th May 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you so much for your very thorough review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

The staff were friendly and happy to help (with the exception of one guy working the night shift in the lobby who was extremely rude to me all 3 times I spoke to him and acted like I was inconveniencing him.) The internet works great in the lobby, they have a lot of social events, and breakfast in the morning. It was my first hostel experience and felt as much like home as a hostel could.

Issac's is your typical hostel with great friendly outgoing staff that like to engage with their guests. They have plenty of activities for guests and are always helpful and provide suggestions for things to do. The dorm rooms were your typical dorms, facilities were good showers hot no complaints. The location isn't on the side of the river where all the bars and some of the tourist attracts are but its reasonably close to everything or you can take the buses.

Absolutely great hostel and atmosphere! I had such a great time staying here and the staff was wonderful. My only complaints would be that the lockers are all the way in the basement and they resemble monkey cages. Also the showers are horrible and you have to push the button every 5 seconds (no exaggeration) to turn on the water. I would still stay there again though, location is great, close walk to Temple Bar area.

• 15th May 2014

Thanks for your review, We are looking into your comments and we will be addressing them. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about things - feedback is important.

Loved staying at this hostel, made great friends and it's within walking distance of so much of what Dublin has to offer. The free walking tour the offer was invaluable, I learnt so much about the city and had a real giggle on the way round! The staff were great help, super friendly and nice! I'd recommend it to anyone staying in Dublin.

Thanks so much for your great review.

Lovely place to meet other travelers.

Thanks for your great comment- that's exactly what we are trying to achieve.