Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

A bit noisey, but ok

• 22nd Mar 2015

good value for money, stuff is nice and helpful, and the hostel is clean. nice kitchen and common space. close to main street, not far from most of turist attractions. problem is with showers, as timer for shower ends up in every 10 sec so you need to press it all the time... but water is warm :)”

Ideal for a stay in Dublin where you can meet very Kind people. Atmosphere cosy and friendly.

• 21st Mar 2015

Good atmosphere, friendly staff. Bathrooms somewhat dirty

I really loved the atmosphere. The only thing that was annoying was that there was no wifi in the rooms but in the common area. Besides that I have nothing to complain about.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Good things to know about this hostel, the wifi is only in the common areas, not your room. The breakfast is minimal. The floors creak very loudly whenever anyone on he floor above you walks so bring ear plugs. The free walking tour in the morning was very informative and a nice way to get to know Dublin. This hostel is a good choice if you're just looking for s place to sleep at night.

Overall our stay was fine. The main issues for me were that the floors in the rooms were very creaky and so when people came in late or got up early it woke me up. Also there were no lockers in our room so there was no way to secure my stuff without paying for a locker which I didn't want to do.

• 19th Mar 2015

awful creaking beds, plain rooms (no bed lights, hardly any hooks, some rooms very small)

Best Hostel in Dublin! It was my 2nd stay in Isaacs Hostel! Next year i will come back - also to Isaacs Hostel!

Helpful staff, clean, the kitchen had a few quirks, as in only one oven works, and it only seems to throw heat from the top. But if you won't to be doing much of your own cooking that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your comments , we will check out the ovens immediately

very clean room, new towels/linens every day, hostel was very clean overall. atmosphere was great. i traveled alone and stayed for 6 nights. wasn't bored once. people hang out in the common areas and are very friendly. location is perfect for shops, pubs, restaurants. Stephen's green/grafton street shops 10-20 minutes depending. temple bar was about a 10 minute walk if your into that. not a bad walk to guinness factory. central bus station is around the corner. A++ hostel.

• 17th Mar 2015

Great location. Good atmosphere. Definitely take advantage of the free walking tours and the cheap pub crawl, good way to get to know people. Staff are very friendly. Could do with more bathrooms though for being such a big hostel.

Isaacs was a great hostel to stay at if you're looking to explore Dublin. They offer the average backpacker a lot for their money in terms of facilities and resources for additional tours outside, and inside of the city. I really enjoyed my stay there, but i think there are a few things worth mentioning that one should know before making the choice to stay here. 1: They're located next to a train bridge (noisy) 2: Push-button showers (just frustrating) 3: Birds in the kitchen (not clean)

Great atmosphere at Issacs hostel. Definitely my first choice of hostel if I ever go back to Dublin!

It was a short 1 night stay on the way to the airport for me. It was clean and there was plenty of entertainment. I got a room next to the train tracks, but after about 11:30 or so, I didn't hear it. If that would be something that bothered you, bring earplugs. I enjoyed my stay and the staff helped me out with all of my questions.

A fun, buzzing hostel to stay at. We spent most of our time on the other side of the river but the hostel's location was so easy to get to from the bus station so this made up for it. Not the quietest place to stay as the train line runs straight next to the hostel and if you have a room on the street you can hear rowdy people coming in late at night. Main suggested improvement: lockers in the rooms.

I stayed there during st. Patrick's festival season so It was quite noisy. Breakfast was good and hostel has big kitchen, big common room, facilities are good.

I had a great stay. I stayed the weekend before St. Patricks day and the atmoshpere was great. The staff was so helpful! It was very clean. It was a bit noisey, but honestly I expected that. It was St. Paddy's day weekend! The ONLY thing I wish was different was that there were lockers or crates in the rooms. They had lockers in the base ment, but it just seemed really inconvient to drag your stuff down ther everyday- I didn't. It was nice to have them for check-in and check-out though!

• 12th Mar 2015

I wish there were lockers in the room. It would have made me feel better about leaving my things.

Staff were fantastic and always at hand to help. They went out of their way to ensure you were comfortable and that they were welcoming. The room was immaculate! And the atmosphere within the common areas was very comfortable and had a generally happy feel!

• 12th Mar 2015