Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

There were no lockers in the dorms. You simply had to trust the other people they wouldn't steal anything or you had to leave your stuff in the basement which wasn't ideal either.

Thanks for taking the time to post. We just find that the bedrooms are too small to put lockers in too - years ago the lockers were in the bedrooms but it was just a bit crowded - But we hear what you are saying and we will discuss and see what we can do.

I really enjoyed my 3 night stay at Isaac's Hostel. The central location is in the heart of Dublin within walking distance of all the major attractions. The accommodations and facilities are more than adequate for a reasonable priced hostel. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• 29th Apr 2014

Great place to stay! Would recommend it to anyone!

The heater on the third floor was working all the time. Just to hot.The only point of critic.

• 29th Apr 2014

Could not say enough about this hostel. The staff was great, it truly embodied the Dublin feel which is of pride, fun, and and good beer. Everything went off flawlessly, the tour was great, definitely do the tour, the pub crawl crew is great as well, they really make sure you are taken care of. Someone's purse was stolen at breakfast by someone just walking by, so obviously keep your city/travel eyes and beware. No where is crime free. But this place has great security and facilities.

Thank you so much for such a great review. We are delighted you had a good time with us.

Excellent location everywhere accessible on foot.

It was a pity we found out about the minimum age of people in the dorm a bit late. After we had made several phonecalls to ask for new vacancies. (We intended to return after a week).

• 26th Apr 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Sorry I don't totally understand what you mean about the minimum age. We don't allow kids stay if that is what you are talking about - it's just not suitable but we do have our sister hostel Jacobs Inn which is much more suited for children.

The downstairs common area is always pretty crowded and extremely loud. Definitely a hostel to stay at if your looking to meet people and party. The wifi only really works in the common areas and they make you enter a password/check in via Facebook everything you want to connect. First shower I took was ICE cold. The following were warmer. I stayed in a six person mixed dorm and it was very small. We were literally living on top of each other. And it smelled repulsive in the room.

This is best hostel I ever stay, specially for the prices they have!

• 26th Apr 2014

Wow - what a fantastic review - thank you so much.

An excelent location, near transports, O'Connell Street, Busaras Bus Station and Connelly Train Station. Very good atmosphere, with young and simpathetic peopel. Staff was amazing with us.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

So glad you liked it - please come again.

This is the third time I have been to Isaacs in the last 10 years, nice hostel, friendly en relaxed staff and very clean rooms and bathrooms!

• 25th Apr 2014

We love customers like you - please come again.

Great value for money, for sure!

Thanks - we aim to offer the best value in accommodation in Dublin. Leaves more money for enjoying the city.

Isaacs is a huge hostel but only feels like it at breakfast (go early!) or if you're trying to cook dinner at the same time as everyone else. Staff were very helpful--clearly they've heard every question about Ryanair and even had bag scales at the ready! It was nice to be away from Temple Bar. If you stay out late and walk home alone after a few, be attentive--the hostel is under a bridge and down an alley from the main street, and can be a little hard to find. However, I never felt unsafe.

I was disappointed by this place . The atmosphere is good if you want to party and meet lots of people. But it's too big overall. The floors don't have nearly enough bathrooms or toilets for the number of people sleeping there. But the worst aspect of this place is the noise! The doors slam constantly - all night and early in the morning. Combined with the hair-dryers in the morning in the hall, it's like a symphony of endless tuneless noise that is designed to prevent any decent sleep.

Staff member made me run up and down three flights of stairs three times as he was unlocking the room bedroom door on my swipe card. The hostel was not that friendly and I did not sleep well as my room was level with a main railway track. However, the hostel was immaculate throughout and breakfast was excellent.

Sorry you had a problem with your swipe card - unfortunately it happens on a rare occasion and the receptionist probably couldn't leave the front desk unattended. However we do pride ourselves on having very friendly helpful staff so we will be investigating your comments.

What you'd expect from a hostel, nothing too amazing but nothing to complain about either. Was good for a night's stay

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you had a good experience.

Please fix the fire alarms! They went off every day I was there, twice around 8 in the morning - set off by the showers apparently... Other than that, it was a nice hostel and the staff were great!

• 24th Apr 2014

Don't worry it is sorted now. That really never happens normally.

The kitchen felt small and unwashed. The downstairs lounge was really nice, but I only headed down there because the wifi didn't work in the rooms. Breakfast was good, and they do the dishes! At one point, my friend and I went to the neighboring hostel for the nightly movie and popcorn. The guy at Jacob's snapped and said it would be a few minutes. An hour later, we headed back to Isaacs because they never began the movie. We weren't the only ones waiting.

Thanks for your review. I don't like to hear that a staff member in Jacobs snapped at you and I will be looking into this. We will also look into the issue about the movie. However I do assure you that we clean the kitchen every single day. However if guest leave a mess at night, it won't be sorted out until our staff come in the next morning so we ask our guests to tidy up after themselves and most of them actually do.

Nice facility in a convenient location. Nice breakfast and seemed cleaned. Not enough bathrooms on our floor but good otherwise.

Thanks for your review We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Very simple breakfast.

Thanks for your review. Yes breakfast is just a simple light breakfast which we offer free of charge to our guests.