Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We had a private room and it was simple, but very clean. We even had towels and were able to share a bathroom with the room nextdoor, which was pretty convenient. Staff was great, helped us with good hints. The commonroom was quite big, with a kitchen and you were always able to find someone to talk to. Breakfast was great, with toast, jams, eggs, cereals, etc. Would recommend staying there, as it is also located in walking distance to the city center and the main bus / train station.

I stayed with 7 friends of mine, and everyone thought the hostel was lovely. The common areas are fantastic--it was a comfortable place to hang out, and it was extremely easy to meet other people staying there (but also easy to stick to your own group if that's what you prefer).

Bonne auberge. Personnel acceuillant et bien situé! Je recommande

I was in room 218. The sockets were really hard to reach since to beds are in front of four sockets. So eight people have to share two sockets...

• 12th Feb 2015

Everything was good, friendly staff, just during the night there was a guy at reception who wasn't polite at asking things. Not good and really uncomfortable. Other than this, it was good.

I had a great stay at Isaac's. I spent two nights and wish I would have stayed longer. The friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, and awesome price all helped make my trip to Dublin the best it could be.

• 12th Feb 2015

The first guy who I checked in with was super helpful (supermario tee) but every other member of staff that I came into contact with were not. Not very welcoming at all. Generally pretty clean. Wifi only works in common rooms which is frustrating. All of the breakfast team were really rude which would absolutely stop me from going back.

I loved Isaacs! Pretty easy to find, even at night. Located a couple minutes walk from the River Liffey and Temple Bar! I met so many friendly people during my stay, and the staff was fantastic! Had an early flight my last day, stayed downstairs and they kept me company with conversation and games. Breakfast was simple but very good. Stayed in 14 bed female dorm, no problems. I felt very secure at all times staying here. Only negative was the toilets smelled.. Thanks! Can't wait to revisit soon!

Das 8-er Zimmer war nicht für acht Personen ausgelegt (z.B. kaum Steckdosen) und die Tür/Boden Konstruktion so laut, dass niemand schlafen konnte. Außerdem sind die Bad-und Toilettenbereiche sehr offen, was unangenehm ist, da Leute im Gang quasi an Duschen und Toiletten direkt vorbeilaufen. Ansonsten war das Hostel sehr schön!

• 11th Feb 2015

We had a great time staying at Isaacs in Dublin. Clean and safe Hostel and a great staff! Only thing: It would be nice to have WIFI at the rooms... It`s close to city center but not to close, so there is not much of noises around.

This was our first time in Hostel and we are more than satisfied! Staff at the reception is more than great, real professionals! Everything with this Isaacs hostel is amazing, and we are sure that we're gonna be back! Thank you guys for everything!!!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

And thank you ! Lovely Comments

Très bonne auberge avec un personnel souriant qui donne de bons conseils. Un bon séjour garanti!

• 7th Feb 2015

Merci Beaucoup

Très bon rapport qualité/prix. Accueil et ambiance chaleureuse. Le petit déjeuner est très bon et copieux. Les dortoirs sont spacieux, et non bruyants. Les sanitaires sont en très bon état et très propres!

ostello pessimorispetto ai quindici ostelli provati in giro per l'Europa, unica cosa carina è il salone comune all'ingresso dell'ostello, per il resto avevamo effettuato un prenotazione unica per sette posti(come sempre) e ci hanno diviso in entrambi le stanze con altre persone maleducatissime. Pulizia dell'ostello scarsissima soprattuttto nei bagni che cmq erano scarsi, colazione da evitare, inoltre per il deposito bagagli cauzione da pagare, non mi er MAI CAPITATO DI TROVARMIO COSI MALE IN UNA

Free breakfast was awesome, bathrooms were clean and tidy. The only issues I found were regarding the lack of a power socket close to the beds and the temperature of the rooms, which were way too hot.

Good Location, nice staff. I stayed in 16 bed room, thought it was a crazy idea but actually the stay was quite fine. If you are looking for a bed and nth more than that, its a gd idea to stay here.

I found the hostel a little dirt and the shower is a nightmare... you get like 5 seconds of water, so it is a struggle to take a shower... In the bedrooms there isn't a power outlet for everybody... Staff was nice and the breakfast is good.

Thanks for your comments , Sorry t hear you were dissaapointed with certain aspects . We do have push button showers to help the enviroment and to encourage our guests to be mindful of other guests waiting but we will review the time available. Since the use of devices has skyrocketed there has been increasing demand for Power outlets and we would love to have lots more .In the meantime our reception staff will happily charge laptops etc should you need

The friendly and welcoming atmosphere surely made this short trip amazing. Towels, Adapters.. we didn't lack a thing. Definitely would stay there again!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Great to hear!

atmosfera piacevole e conviviale! mancano gli spazi vitali, le basi di appoggio, li appendini. sarebbero necessari degli spogliatoi. la cucina è disordinata e iena cibo ammassato. il wi-fi è disponibile solo nella hall, non nelle camere!!!

• 5th Feb 2015

Annoying that there were no lockers in the room but they were in the basement; also had to pay to use them. Staff was helpful and friendly but could use another person at the desk. Breakfast was meh- we chose not to eat it.

Thanks for your review. Our 24 hour security lockers are €2 per day but it does mean you can leave luggage after or before check in/out if you have a late flight or arrive early . We would love to have lockers in the rooms also. Our Breakfast is free and light but if you want to cook something more substantial there is also the Self catering Kitchen. Glad you found our staff good