Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Shower and bathrooms were clean and tidy as was the kitchen. The door to my room was extremely loud if you let it close by itself. There not a lot of room in the room itself to store your belongs. Basically had to shove all my stuff under the bed with the girl I was sharing the bunk with. My biggest annoyance was lack of powerpoints, like 3 in a 14 bed dorm. There's lots in the foyer though. Place is easy to find and walking distance to a lot of places. Tram is right outside the door.

We were very sutisfied. Hostel is a near Bujaras (bus stop to airport) and the Connely railwaystation. We can recomended. Milan

Many thanks

If anyone takes a day tour from quicktours.ie, be sure they know they have to take the citylink bus bound for Limerick and take it to the castle where the tour starts

• 25th Sep 2015

Will do , thanks for the feedback

Overall the stay was ok. Bathroom was very small (2 wcs for entire male population on the floor) and poorly ventilated. Friday night was extremely noisy, barely slept. Most noise came from within the hostel - walking, closing doors, talking. Maybe improve sound insulation? Good staff and kitchen. Clean sheets and tidy room. Friendly atmosphere.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • Romania

Staff were great (thanks Andy). I'm older than most staying there but this hostel catered to everyone. Had a nice, simple breakfast, good location, hot water, good wifi and it was easy to meet people in the fun, easy-going environment.

Greeted immediately upon entering the lobby by an ultra friendly staff member who helped us get oriented. Spacious dining area has a nice feel; good music playing, sports on the TV, and community style benches and tables make it easy to meet people. Pub crawl recommended was great. Fairly standard hostel in most other respects. WiFi not available in all of the dorms, though it is not advertised to. No lockers in the rooms was also inconvenient. Good overall.

Positives? Very clean, comfortable beds, excellent location. But...Too big, no character, very impersonal. Really lacking in both a proper sociable outdoor smoking/gathering area and a cosy comfortable lounge area for meeting other solo travellers or general relaxing. But those are just my opinions and might not be relevant to other people. Cold showers, lack of toilet paper and REALLY loud slamming doors though...that's just basic stuff...and I wouldn't personally recommend the place to anyone.

Great staff! Good location. Would have been better if wifi reached the rooms, but it worked well in common room.

Everything was great!!;)

• 21st Sep 2015

Oh good ! Thank you

+: good location and the bathroom. -: the staff needs to be more helpful and organized. They switch my room without notify on me. They just put all my stuff on the reception.

Thanks so much for your feedback. So sorry if your room was switched without notification. This should not be the case. If your required bedroom was not available for consecutive nights at the time of booking nights,it would always be advised on arrival.If this was not communicated our sincere apologies.I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay

This hostel is the best one that I have stayed in! It was very clean and had good security when coming in. Especially at night. They make sure everyone has their pass to be there. The staff was wonderful and very helpful for restaurant recommendations, how to get back to the airport (they even booked our taxi for us!), and places we should see. Overall, it was a great hostel, close to almost everything, and I would recommend it to anyone while in Dublin!

• 20th Sep 2015

Yippee ! You made our day and we are now going to make crisp sandwiches to celebrate ! Thanks a million

Someone was in my bed, they told me take another, which someone else was in, so I found an empty one. Then someone then came and said it was their bed. So finally, I found another empty one, but worried all night someone else was going to come claim it. It was hard to be able to rest when I wasn't sure where to sleep. The location was set back from the main area and I didn't like walking to it alone. There was no toilet paper in the restrooms. Other than the bed issue, the staff was very nice.

• 20th Sep 2015

Sorry about the incident with the bed .We allocate beds with numbers but clearly you had a "goldlocks"in your room, so we are very sorry about disturbance to your sleep . Glad the staff were able to help There should always be paper in rest rooms- sorry but I hope you let us know so we could replace immediately

It was really nice to stay in the hostel for 3 days. closer to city center and Temple bar. Good atmosphere inside

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Spain

Lovey, Thanks !

During one night it was very noisy because some people were not very considerate.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • China

Sorry to hear this-it's a shame when all guests are not as considerate as they should be. We do ask for quiet between 11pm and 7am and will step into help if needed

Comfy beds!!!

Sweet dreams!

Wifi only reaches in the lounge area which was a major turn off, rooms are decent but over priced and breakfast is literally just bread and jam. Loved the staff and other travelers I met!

Glad you loved the staff! The Wifi is available throughout the hostel but we will check out any issues with in room Wifi. For our light breakfast we have cereal, toast, jams , juice,tea, coffee and eggs ( but when they are gone they are gone ) but it is free and all -you- can eat, plus you can rustle up your own breakfast in the guest kitchen if you want !

It was awesome!!!! Everithing is fantastic, the people, thethe place, the party. Isaacshostel is the best place if you want visit and learn about Dublin.

• 16th Sep 2015
  • Spain

A heart warming review ! Thanks a million

Loudest hostel experience ever. Walls made of paper? Didnt get much sleep. Had a train in front of our window. No lockers in the room. Breakfast area was very crowded.

Good for outgoing people, staff is friendly. No bathroom for your own room but a shared one for people on the same floor. Kind of crowded in the morning. Plus for the warm blanket! They advertise a cheaper bus ticket to the airport, "only" 5e. That's bs, you can get a ticket for 3,5e when you go to O'Connell.

Thanks for your comments. Just to let you know we recommend the Airlink Exoress bus as the bus stop is just a few metres away (great when you have luggage) and it is an express service which people love.It takes just 25 mins. The Dublin Bus from O Connell is cheaper but a 5 minute walk and takes longer at 45 minutes. You have to weigh up savings v benefits and decide best option for you !

Great hostel, great staff, great location

Great guests