Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Couldn't fault them. Everything we needed for our stay

I stayed on the top floor and there were only 3 showers and 2 toilets for the whole floor. In my room there were 12+ guys and there were other rooms with a lot of guys also. They said on hostel world they have a currency exchange but they do not. But other then those 2 things, it is a great place and easy to find (just know where the custom house is). The breakfast is basic which is all you need. I would stay here again. I recommend it!

• 30th Mar 2015

Our stay at Isaac's was great! The staff were knowledgeable and a lot of fun as well--they added great character to our stay. The room was clean and spacious. The basement was large and there were a number of common areas. The biggest downside was that the only wifi was in the reception area and limited access in the basement. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Isaac's and would certainly return.

All good to hear, thanks a million . Sorry about the Wifi but It has good coverage in reception area and we think it is more sociable not to have it wifi in the dorms !

I wish I could have stayed longer. I'm looking forward to going back at a later point

• 30th Mar 2015

Great to hear Thanks !

HUGE hostel. Free wifi, free lockers for our bags on the day we checked in. Helped us book a tour to giants causeway. large social room downstairs where everyone was watching soccer. Overall a good stay and exactly what we expected.

I needed a place to stay last minute in Dublin for a night, and I picked Isaac's hostel since it's very convenient for Connolly station. I had an alright stay: the staff extremely friendly and polite, but the atmosphere left a lot to be desired. It had the overall feeling of a slightly shabby first-year dormitory, but it was clean. The six-bed female dorm was unusually spacious, but lacked lockers or individual lights, and was noisy with the DART tracks literally right outside the windows.

Thanks for your feedback . So glad you enjoyed the location and the Staff service but so sorry to hear you were disappointed by aspects of the Hostel . Ww will provide Ear plugs for lighter sleepers and will certainly move you to a quieter room if we can .

I have really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff is very helpful and available on every moment, even in the middle of the night. The location is excellent, it only takes a 5 minutes walk to get in the city centre. Breakfast is simple, but good and the communal areas, bedroom, showers and toilets are clean. After all, I do really recommend this hostel!

• 28th Mar 2015

Great to hear this - thanks a million !

It's a great hostel. It was too hot in the rooms - we asked the staff to turn down the heating, and they did.

My room was in front of the building where cross a train. You cant sleep well because its too noisy. The breakfast is poor, they should improve that. My cousin was in another room and someday he found a strange guy sleeping in his bed. You need to pay to lock your luggage.

Bit of a party hostel when I was there. Great facilities, helpful staff, lots going on. A bit noisy, but still recommended. Take ear plugs.

Staff was awesome and helped us with all of our questions! The atmosphere was great and the rooms were clean. The only down side was there were no in room lockers, we had to rent one in the basement, but it was no biggie! Overall great place to stay and would definitely recommend

• 26th Mar 2015

Many Many thanks

Great things: the staff, the breakfast and the localization. The bathrooms were cleaned everyday too. Bad things: no plugs in the common bathroom, no elevator, no wifi in the rooms (although the connection was great at the reception) and the beds didn't have their own light nor plugs.

Douches redelijk proper, beddenlakens ongelooflijk smerig. Goed om vlooien van te krijgen

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Belgium

We zijn vreselijk teleurgesteld dat u niet tevreden zijn over de lakens. Ik wil u verzekeren dat de lakens zijn fris en schoon en veranderd voor elke gast.

I am wondering that why did you take €10 deposit for my booking because when I booked this night from the website I already payed €4.62 deposit? Otherwise I like that hostel and I stayed couple of nights there and when I returned to Dublin after 2 nights in Belfast I decided to stay at St Isaacs again instead of hotel.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Hi The €10 deposit was for the locker key - This was refunded to you - sorry for any confusion and hope to see you back again

Staff are very knowledgeable and willing to show you all their favourite pubs and tourist spots

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

They certainly are ! Thank you

Staff gives good recommendations what to do/see.

A bit noisey, but ok

• 22nd Mar 2015

good value for money, stuff is nice and helpful, and the hostel is clean. nice kitchen and common space. close to main street, not far from most of turist attractions. problem is with showers, as timer for shower ends up in every 10 sec so you need to press it all the time... but water is warm :)”

Ideal for a stay in Dublin where you can meet very Kind people. Atmosphere cosy and friendly.

• 21st Mar 2015

Good atmosphere, friendly staff. Bathrooms somewhat dirty