Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I loved this hostel. It was the first place I stayed on my trip and I couldn't have been happier with the choice. The staff was really friendly and accommodating. They allowed me to place my things in their lockers for the duration of my trip and I found the dining area to be really welcoming. When I let them know I had a knee injury and needed a bottom bunk they made sure to accommodate. I'd definitely stay again.

Honestly one of the worst hostels I've stayed in. The hostel is so big it loses character. None of the other travellers were friendly. The breakfast was boring and like a stamped as it is only available till 9.30, the staff working on breakfast are ridiculously rude. The corridors are filthy and filled with bimbos doing their make up in the mornings. The rooms are tiny, beds uncomfortable, and very noisy. The showers are rubbish, they turn off after a mintue, I never had a warm/hot shower.

Good price.. But cold shower and our room was right next to the tracks so when the trains were rolling on by the whole room would shake. Not good for light sleeperS for sure.

The staff here was amazing - very welcoming, friendly, and helpful.The exterior is super cute. The price was very reasonable. Downsides: only wi-fi in the common area, not in the rooms. Rooms fairly spartan, but that's the norm for hostels. Room next to us was a little loud.

The staff were great and very helpful with all questions asked. The location is ideal, very close to everything (as well as The Celt which is a fun pub). Very good value for money.

I'll definitely recommend this hostel! The atmosphere is very positive, joyful. The structure is kept cleaned and the people you meet there are young and cooperative

Very clean. Decent location, most major attractions within walking distance. Breakfast was ok

Cool place. Great staff. The light in the shower wasn't working out first night so we had to shower downstairs. Not a big deal but maybe should have received some reimbursement since we paid for the private room for a reason.

• 12th Sep 2015

Not happy about the €300 euro deposit amount for the room, less happy about having to wait upto 4 days to have the amount credited back on to my card

• 12th Sep 2015

Sorry about that but we do charge a damage deposit for any large groups staying - we don't charge it for individuals - we would have credited it back on the day of departure - I think your bank might be the problem with you having the wait the 4 days although normally it goes through immediately.

I think its the best hostel in Ireland. I was told so and now i see its true..

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Croatia

only the open hours of the breakfast....7.30-9.30 is too early from my point of view

• 10th Sep 2015

Glad you enjoyed the stay - if we run the free breakfast any later nobody would get out of bed.

Clean, safe and value for money :)

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Poland

Thanks so much - glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff here is outstanding. They are friendly, welcoming, helpful, and really do everything they can in their power to assist you. The location is near many of the other hostels, which is in a sketchy part of Dublin. However, the ce has character and old charm. There's free walking tours, a recommended pub crawl, decent continental breakfast, music all around, and security lockers.

• 9th Sep 2015

This is such a fabulous review - Thanks !!

Staff was helpful and friendly, great location for sightseeing. There were many large groups staying there at the time who monopolized the facilities and weren't welcoming which was a bummer.

The hostel itself was really cool, especially some of the basement facilities. The staff was knowledgable and very friendly. The only annoying thing is that my keycard would not work consistently and I constantly had to go and get it fixed at reception.

• 8th Sep 2015

Cool comments thanks a million . We are very sorry about the issues with your Keycard

Nice and welcoming staff! The dorms were a bit noisy, but I guess it's how it is in a youth hostel :) Breakfast a little light !

• 8th Sep 2015

Glad you liked the staff ! Sorry if noise was anuisance at all.W do ask for quiet between 11pm and 7am in the dorms and hope that all our guests will respect this rule . Our breakfast is simple but it is "all-you- can eat" and the Self catering Kitchen is very handy if you to want to rustle up a full fry !

First Hostel experience and I am hooked. Such an awesome place with amazing vibes. The staff is wonderful, especially Trouble who works at the front 😉

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks so much- you wouldn't believe how much we have to pay the staff to be this wonderful!

Had a nice stay at Isaacs for one night. very central, clean and modern bathroom, great breakfast included, nice staff. any time again :)

All around - comfortable place to stay. Location is a good spot for getting around in Dublin and there is plenty to do in and around the hostel itself. Would stay again.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel is very much a party loud hostel if that's what you are looking for. My room was located next to the train track which is quiet noisy. Rooms are small with 2 outlets. There are lockers for rent in the basement at 10 euro(refundable). Only 2 showers and toilets for he whole floor. Staff are somewhat helpful at times but seem very busy. Ok for a bed for a night or two.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback . Sorry if you found your room noisy, We can't deny the trains at front of the Hostel but we do have ear plugs for lighter sleepers and we have chill out areas in the basement if you are looking for peace and quiet on busy nights We have extra showers in basement if busy