Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Solid hostel. Great lively atmosphere in the main lounge with a more chill lounge in the "basement." Staff are very accommodating and are willing to help answer questions or give directions. Only downside in our opinion was the location, but that ultimately wasn't a huge factor.

Thanks for your positive review. We think our location is fab - close to everything and easy to get to.

Great party hostel, very nice people in the staff, who will always help you.

The water in the showers was too hot. One of the doors of the toilets is broken. Rooms could be better equiped, with a small locker for each bed, a mirror, something to put your towels on to dry them. The benefit of the sauna is not very clear. I didn't see anyone using it and there is no changing room. The fact that the kitchen is closed after 11pm is a problem, when you want a tea. The hostel was difficult to find when I hopped off the bus 747, even with the explanations from the web.

• 28th May 2014

We will look at the maintenance issues you raised - it is very unusual to have the water too hot. We do have guests who use the sauna but probably more in the winter and colder times. We have extra bathrooms beside the sauna too.

Excellent location. Friendly staff. Good installations. Very clean. But it is very popular between young north american people. So if you like to share with drank and unrespectful people, this is your place. However , like me you are looking for a place to rest and sleep during the night, don't come.

Thanks for your review. Glad you liked the hostel- can I suggest our sister hostel Jacobs inn which is very close but is perhaps a little quieter.

Isaacs hostel was awesome! We stayed at the beginning of our trip and then again on our way out. The staff was so much fun and so friendly. People were always hanging out in the common area, so it was easy to meet fellow travelers. The rooms and bathrooms were standard as far as hostels go, but very clean. And the atmosphere definitely made up for it. Had a great time!

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

This was a great hostel to stay at. The atmosphere was great, dorm rooms weren't bad and it's located at a very central location in Dublin. I met some awesome fellow travelers there, and the pub crawl was a lot of fun. Be aware that there are no lockers in the rooms though. You have to rent one for $3 per day, and they are located in the basement of the hostel. The staff are very helpful, and will recommend sites in the city to see.

We are do thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

The showers could do with a shelf to put your things on even a hook for your clothes would be nice……also don't like having to press the button every 5 sec (yes I timed it) to keep the shower water on!! Other wise I loved staying there and enjoyed my time in Dublin once again!

• 27th May 2014

We are trying to sort out increasing the time of the showers. Glad you enjoyed your stay despite this.

Hostel was very clean and came with breakfast. Showers were amazing. Staff was good and hostel is very close to main city. About two minutes walking

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your positive review.

Rooms with windows looking on the railway are loud!

• 26th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Sorry about the noise - some people don't notice it at all. We do have ear plugs at reception for our light sleepers.

The place is ok.. trains run very near during the day, There are very few refrigerators taking into account the quantity of guests. good breakfast area

Thanks for your review. We do have plenty of rooms away from the trains.

The tours offered were a nice and original way of knowing the city. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff (almost every one of them)

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The bedroom was very noisy in the sense I couldn't walk without making the floor echo my footsteps. The beds were very old as well, it looked like the mattress had a hole in the middle of it. The toilets were disgusting and very smelly. The shower was alright.

This is the best hostel that I've ever been. The stuff were really friendly and helpful

• 25th May 2014
  • Spain

We love your review - thank you.

I spent 3 nights over the Isaacs, and it was a really great experience! I was on my own, business trip, but I never felt alone in the common room, in the reading room, with a lot of great people from all around the world. My room was super clean (despite 10 people in it), the staff guys were always kind, polite and nice to me: they were able to solve all my problems! The hostel is also in a great location, like 2 minutes from city center. Highly recommended!

We just love reviews like yours! Please come again.

We had a nice stay for a few days in Dublin. A good free breakfast, very close to the train station and buses.

We had a great stay at issacs will defiantly be back and will be referring to other friends without a doubt. very friendly staff and great location.

• 21st May 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - thank you.

Huge place, very crowded and a bit noisy, but very well located within walking distance from Train Station and Busaras Bus Station. 10 minutes from downtown. Very good facilities, very secure, nice breakfast, friendly staff, fast internet. Thanks!

Thanks for your nice review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Overall a cool spot to stay. My sister had a problem with no Wifi in the rooms (it's only in the common areas), but if that's not an issue for you then it's all good. Play area and sauna were a nice touch! Good stay there & staff was helpful except for one instance. I came back late w a 2 friends. They said no visitors so late; understandable. Except we were standing right next to the lobby door while we figured out what to do bc it was very rainy and cold and they kicked us out. Very rude

Glad you enjoyed your stay - sorry about our policy of not letting visitors come in late at night - our night porters have a difficult job to keep everything running smoothly so I apologise if they were a bit abrupt.

The only criticism I can make it the free wifi not reaching the dorm rooms and the connection being very slow at times in the common room - but the hostel facilities are great otherwise and the stay at isacc's was very comfortable. Met some great people in the pub crawl and walking tour.

Thanks for your review - we don't want wifi in the rooms - we want guests to talk to each other.

Cheap hostel within the week. Lots of stuff to do in the hostel and around Dublin. Kitchen wasn't very tidy and clean as well as the toilets and showers. BUt thats cause there are many people staying in the hostel. Location very close to city center by foot

Thanks for your review - we do clean everywhere daily but we need our guests to help keep the place tidy.