Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Enjoyed my stay at Issacs hostel. Good atmosphere, clean bedding and showers. My only concern was the corridor at the 3rd floor is very creaky so I had a patchy sleep with people walking past late at night and early in the morning. Location wise the hostel is excellent, being only 30 seconds from the airlink stop and within walking distance of all the main sights.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Very big hostel right in the city centre. Very nice staff but a little noisy at nighttimes as there are a lot of rooms on each floor. The guided walking tour is very good and was a lot of fun. However,it is not provided for by the hostel but from a different organization and it is not 'free' as indicated in the hostel but it's based on a pay-what-you-want basis.

Thanks for your review. Yes we are a big hostel. The walking tour is free but it's so good that most people give a tip.

What to say about this Hostel : - Clean - Good place - Good Location - There is Good vibes - A Friendly Staff - Free Good breakfast - Free Coffee and tea - Free Sauna ( 6PM - 9PM) - Free Visit Tour - Lot of activities ( Ping Pong, Pool, baby foot) the only negative point is , if your room is in subway side you would be disturbed by the noise.

Thanks for your very concise review. The train doesn't run all night long but light sleepers should ask for a room at the other side of the hostel.

I thought the staff were excellent but was upset by some of the other guests at the Hostel. This dampened the atmosphere only slightly. I enjoyed all that was offered and thought it was a great introduction to Dublin and the Hostel community.

• 20th Feb 2015

Glad you enjoyed the hostel. Sorry about the other guests.

Loved that breakfast is included, the coffee was much appreciated and very good. Also loved the walking tour, thanks for a great stay! The staff were lovely, too, thanks for being respectful and kind.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Great Hostel with a great atmosphere! Only the kitchen looked like a mess, but other then that really great!

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. We do clean the kitchen thoroughly a couple of times every day but we need our guests to clean up after themselves!!

I broke the rules and let a friend crash in my bed, so I was kicked out at 2 am. Understandable. However I have never been spoken to in a more demeaning and derogatory way as I was by a staff member. It was very shocking. I was told I wasn't a person and that I wasn't going to be treated like one. For breaking a rule that I had seen broken in my dorm room many times by others throughout my three day stay.

• 18th Feb 2015

Why didn't you book and pay for a bed for them? Sneaking extra people into your dorm is really unfair on us and on other guests who are sharing the room with you. It also contravenes all our health and safety rules. What if there way a fire and we would have had no record of the your friend?

Could do with a bar, there is really no need for a sauna. 3 bed rooms should be 3 single beds.

A bar would be great but under Irish law a hostel cannot have a bar licence. Our 3 bed rooms are on the website as having a double bed and a single bed.

Really friendly staff, clean showers, close to everything :) I would have enjoyed my stay more, of there weren't any pigeons in the kitchen...

• 17th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm not sure what you mean by pigeons?

Friendly staff and great common areas... Really close to the bus station and Luas line... Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks so much for your positive review. Do come again.

There were a lot of nice evening with beautiful girls ...

Our room had a window in the ceiling and we did not hear any noises from the trains, which pass above the hostel's building. However there is no wall isolation and the corridor is really noisy (wooden floor as well as people!), so even if you use earplugs, you will hear noises from very early in the morning. But you are on holidays so sleeping is not a priority :D Breakfast is very basic but it's free, so no problem with that. We had a good experience overall, recommended stay.

Overall I thought this hostel was great - clean, functional, and with an extremely friendly and helpful staff! Good stuff! I was a bit disappointed with the "breakfast," and it was too bad that the lockers were in the basement. It would have been great to at least have some small lockers in the rooms. Overall, though, I really enjoyed my stay!

Cozy hostel, friendly staff, good price. Definitely recommend!

We had a great stay.Love the location & the basement has so much to offer that we will plan our next stay to include time to use the facilities (for the kids) ;) We had two rooms on opposite sides & noise varied between them.Luckily mine was the quieter one :)

We had a private room and it was simple, but very clean. We even had towels and were able to share a bathroom with the room nextdoor, which was pretty convenient. Staff was great, helped us with good hints. The commonroom was quite big, with a kitchen and you were always able to find someone to talk to. Breakfast was great, with toast, jams, eggs, cereals, etc. Would recommend staying there, as it is also located in walking distance to the city center and the main bus / train station.

I stayed with 7 friends of mine, and everyone thought the hostel was lovely. The common areas are fantastic--it was a comfortable place to hang out, and it was extremely easy to meet other people staying there (but also easy to stick to your own group if that's what you prefer).

• 12th Feb 2015

Everything was good, friendly staff, just during the night there was a guy at reception who wasn't polite at asking things. Not good and really uncomfortable. Other than this, it was good.

I had a great stay at Isaac's. I spent two nights and wish I would have stayed longer. The friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, and awesome price all helped make my trip to Dublin the best it could be.

• 12th Feb 2015

The first guy who I checked in with was super helpful (supermario tee) but every other member of staff that I came into contact with were not. Not very welcoming at all. Generally pretty clean. Wifi only works in common rooms which is frustrating. All of the breakfast team were really rude which would absolutely stop me from going back.