Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

nice hostel! they have really nice staff and i met people there! i went back to that hostel so i enjoyed it

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

No complaints. Very modern facilities. Wifi is temperamental, especially if you are on apple products, but thats not enough to downgrade the place. The daily locker charge i could have done without.

Thanks for your great review. Do come again.

As always, I had a great stay at Isaacs. The staff are always really friendly and the atmosphere with all the other guests is great.

Great to hear and thanks so much.

Very good hostel, perhaps more for the 20's backpackers.

Thanks very much - we welcome all ages with open arms

Good place. Good times

• 31st Jan 2014

This place was actually a better than I thought. Note: Although there is no internet in the rooms, this was actually the best thing, in comparison to many other hostels you can always find somebody to talk to everyday, especially best for me since I was traveling alone. Will you make friends? totally up to you . Close to many shops. Great atmosphere for also a great price. Come make friends. and be social.

Isaacs is the most popular hostel in HostelWorld.com and that's exactly what you get. TONS of people partied in the main lobby every night. The building is a bit difficult to navigate at first trying to find your room, the locker room, laundry room, lounge, bathroom etc. The staff was brief with me because they'd just dealt with a dozen other guests. It's about a 12 minute walk outside the city center so I made sure to bring everything with me that I needed when I went out. Security = Bueno

really, really friendly and helpful. It's like a big Family in the hostel. Amazing place!

• 30th Jan 2014

Great place & staff etc, only comment was the shared shower wasn't very good just v weak. All round great weekend!

• 30th Jan 2014

10/10 lovely place, hostelworld you can stop spamming me for a review now ;)

Everything was excellent. Polite staff, friendly people, excellent location, 5min from O'Connell St. The only con is the dirty kitchen... But the rest of the hostel, including toilets and showers was perfectly clean.

I only had a short stay in the hostel, landing at 10pm and leaving at 5.30am the following morning. I found the staff very helpful, good showers, clean dorms and generally a good atmosphere

• 30th Jan 2014

All good to hear thanks.Come back for longer next time !

I did not enjoy my stay here. It is a hostel more for people who are going out in dublin. I was getting up early for a flight the next morning (4.30am) and I could not sleep even with ear plugs in. The bed was hard, I am a short person and found it hard to get up on my bed (top bunk). I found the girl on reception very pushy.

We are so sorry that you were disappointed with the hostel and you did not get a good nights sleep . Our sister hostel Jacobs which has private rooms may be a quieter/ better option for you if ever you are back in Dublin. Our staff normally get such amazing reviews so I am sorry if we did not get it right this time.

I have really enjoyed my stay at isaacs. There is a wonderfull atmosphere. I meet a lot of people who is like my Dublin's family! It is not expensive if you see all the facilities it has. The staff is the best, they are all very firnedly and they like to be at customer's service. I definetly recommend Isaacs Hostel

• 26th Jan 2014
  • Argentina

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very relaxed and one had the feeling of being part of a large family or simular. For the younger age group it was an ideal place to make friends and exchange ideas. As a mature person I felt welcome and at ease. The breakfast was also so easy once i knew how it operated, excellent. Thank you to all at the hostel. Martin.

You are so very welcome and delighted that you felt so at home . We will have slippers waiting on you next time !

This hostel really needs to upgrade its security. There were a few thefts while I was there, including one of my bags which contained items which are irreplaceable and only valuable to me. The thefts were done by an outsider which is the part which disappoint me a lot.

We are so sorry to hear about the theft of your valuables . We understand and appreciate that this would be very distressing. We take security very seriously with Electronic key cards to all areas and dorms and it is unusual and very regrettable that this should happen .We do have notices around the hostel and always advise customers to use safe and lockers for their valuables . Our staff were able to help with contact with the Police and that your valuables may be retrieved

Isaacs is a fun hostel in a good location, great atmosphere and friendly staff, everything you need at a great price. Would stay there again.

This was a great hostel to stay in, so much so that my second trip to Dublin I automatically went back. The location is great for accessing the rest of Ireland since its so close to Busara and its relatively close to the trinity bar area although it will take 10 minutes walking. Facilities were good and it was a pretty easy place to meet people. Altogether what you´d want in a hostel.

Lovely feedback .Thanks a million

Super friendly staff. The hostel is located right across the street from the bus, tram, and train stations which is convenient. Tourist attractions are no more than a 20 minute walk through the city center. The hostel itself is a great facility, with an extensive basement for games and quiet study. Security could be a little tighter. While I was there a girl got her electronics stolen from her room by someone not at the hostel. Staff said nothing about this, I heard it from another traveler.

Many thanks for your kind comments, In relation to the theft from a hostellers we do have notices around the hostel and advise customers to use safe and lockers for valuables . We take security very seriously with Electronic key cards to all areas and dorms and it is unusual l and very regrettable that this should happen

delighted with the hostel, very pleasing!

Thank you and you are very welcome again