Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Isaac's was a great hostel with friendly staff & great opportunities to socialize OR relax in the awesome basement, depending on what you felt like. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, which was annoying on a few occasions. And the room was HOT and humid a few of the nights, but they do offer a few fans at the front desk and you have access to opening the windows.

Thanks for posting your review.- glad you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much, I recommend the is place to everyone. Our roommates were wonderful and we had the greatest time. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful, the location is central and makes every activity very easy and last but not least, the sauna is a great original one ! Reminded my of finland :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

So glad you enjoyed your stay - do come again.

Staff were very helpful. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2014

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed our staff - we think they are great too.

Staff was very helpful with giving me directions and I felt safe. The only thing is that the breakfast was not amazing, just better than other hostels I've been to...

• 1st Jul 2014

Thanks for your great review. Breakfast is just a free light breakfast we offer to our guests.

Lovely place to stay, as it's so handy to to the city centre, the staff are really welcoming and it's a great place to make friends and chill out! Thanks for the great hospitality!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks so much for your great review.

Perfect location.

Thanks so much for your great review.

The staff was beyond helpful with any question I had about Dublin. They were always available night and day. I was little bummed out to find out when I returned to Dublin that there wasn't any vacancy, hands down the best trip of my life.

• 28th Jun 2014

Thanks so much - we love guests like you.

Quelques points négatifs: les douches sont brûlantes et on ne peut malheuresement pas régler la température, la température dans l'hostel en général et dans les chambres est presque insupportable! Points positifs cependant: accueil sympathique et l'hostel se trouve près du centre!

• 28th Jun 2014

Merci. Nous avons réparer les températures dans le douches maintenant.

Perfect location, clean rooms, but terribly loud.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the noise.

The temperature in the place is insane. Far to hot in the rooms. More of a lads on tour vibe than a backpacker one. Not a bad thing if that is what you are looking for. Not enough showers and no wifi in rooms isn't great. Not a bad hostel just a very average one.

Thanks for posting your review. The temperatures while you were here were high alright but it is quite cold now.

A bit far from the main bits in dublin but other than that no problems at all. Perfect for traveling solo

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The Isaacs Hostel is comfortably close to the city core (3mins by foot). It's full of young people gathering at the lobby, lots of healthy drinking in the evening and good speaker music setting the mood. Unfortunately, the train tracks are just in front of the rooms (although the train is much slower and quieter during the night)! Another thing I didn't like was not having lockers in the room, it really makes one person unease about personal valuables.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Thanks for posting your review - we do offer ear plugs to any light sleepers. Safes are provided and we offer left luggage cages in the basement. Glad you liked the atmosphere.

schöner Aufenthaltsraum, freundliche Mitarbeiter, kostenlose Sauna, alles wichtige in Dublin gut zu Fuß erreichbar - Lounge zu klein, nur warmes Wasser in der Sauna-Dusche, sehr warmes und dunkles Zimmer,hellhörig

Danke sehr.

That was really nice hostel :)

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Japan

Thanks so much.

This place is awesome! They really tried their best to make me welcome. My room was originally too hot, so they gave me a free upgrade and were so nice about it! I had the best time, thanks guys!

An excellent place to stay. Lively, but not noisy. Most of the staff are very helpful and friendly, they'll do their best to sort out any issues at any hour. I'd come back just for the atmosphere, forget Dublin!

The best part about the stay was the people that I had met! Aside from that, the accommodations were so-so but it was one of the cheapest hostels available in Dublin! The windows let in very little ventilation and the showers were sort of EH (flip flops are a neccesity). It was still a great time in the 10 bed mixed dorm but I can see how it would be difficult for some to sleep..

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great location, stay, EVERYTHING!

What an awful place! The room was unbearably stuffy, the window would neither stay open nor stay closed. No air conditioning. Squeaky floorboards. VERY squeaky beds. Frantic staff. Located in a rough part of town. The only redeeming feature was the airport shuttle bus, although it didn't arrive on time, and never does, aparently. Definitely for first-time globetrotters rather than seasoned travellers.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Sorry you didn't appear to enjoy your stay at our hostel. it is not usual for it to be so warm but we do have some fans for our guests when it too warm (a couple of weeks a year at most).

It was a great stay among great people in a great location with excellent facilities. I would definitely recommend it, and will be staying there whenever I am in Dublin!

• 21st Jun 2014