Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The people working there were really nice. The lockers are in the basement, which isn't very convenient, but at least they have lockers. The rooms are clean and they seem to constantly clean the showers.

• 1st Sep 2015

The location was great. The hostel staff was helpful with the booking process despite the number of guests. The lockers in the basement were spacious but far from our room on the 3rd floor. The hostel felt safe in that area. The hostel has a college dorm feel due to the large number of guests that share the bathroom and shower facilities. We avoided the kitchen because it was very busy, not very clean later in the day, and ate out in the city because of all the other food options.

we spent lovely days

• Spain

and lovely nights we hope ?

Decent hostel. Staff were very friendly. It's a pretty busy hostel, the common room felt pretty cramped. As there was no internet access in the rooms, everyone camped out in the space.

Some chair in the showers would be nice. There are too little toilets for the number of people on a floor.

My friend and me like to do things that are less touristic! The hostel staff really helped us! We had a lot of fun at the walk from Bray to Graystones and also our hike in Wicklow mountains was lovely! Thank you guys!

• 31st Aug 2015
  • Belgium

We love those walks , great for an easy escape to the City!

Showers were disgusting and annoying to have to press the knob for more water every 10 seconds. There should be a shelf to place your toiletries somewhere other than on the ground. Also an annex within the shower stall to place an extra set of clothes and where one could change.

Overall a decent hostel but the staff is really really good! Very friendly and informative plus they are hilarious.

I had a time . Walking tour was verry good, i enjoyed! Thanks to the girl from Cork.

Probably one of my favourite hostels now. Great spot and the staff are helpful and good for the occasional chat

• 28th Aug 2015

Nice hostel in a good location, staff are friendly and helpful and rooms are nice enough although there are no lockers so security may be an issue for some people

I had a great time at Isaacs. It was super easy to find, staff was great, breakfast was yummy. The free walking tour which is offered is a good thing to get some information about Dublin and Ireland. The train running buy wasn´t that bad if you have a tight sleep.I would definately stay again at Isaacs.

Many thanks , hope to see you again!

One of the best hostel I have been staying at. Clean, comfortable, with plenty of facilities including overnight lockers for 2 euro (or free during the day), free light breakfast, free wi-fi in the common room, easy going, helpful and friendly staff. Great location just next to the coach station, walking distance from O'Connell street, right in the city centre. I will definitely be back there again when in Dublin.

Lovely lovely guest ,we enjoyed this review !

Great staff. Only issue we had at our stay was the low water pressure in the showers and the fact that the water would only run for less than 2 seconds. So if you could let the water run for a little longer so one wouldnt have to put one hand on the button and can use the other for rinsing, that would be grand!

Thanks for your feedback - we do have timers on our showers which is to do our bit for the enviroment and also help to ensure people are not queuing for showers . We do appreciate your feedback and we will see what can be done to improve . Glad you liked our awesome staff !

I stayed at the hostel on my first night in Ireland and was happily surprised at the cleanliness of the accommodations (showers, toilets, bunks, and kitchen) and the expert advice of the staff. Kind and friendly, it was a great way to start my three-week adventure. I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Many thanks for the recommendation ! Lovely

The staff is amazing. Really helpfull and enthousiastic. Had a great stay!

• 24th Aug 2015

The computers were my main hassle. They freeze and at this point in the development of computers, it should be easy to get some that don`t have issues. The gross revenue from one night of accommodations would easily buy 3 new ones so I can only assume that the profits would be up to the task after 10 days or so. Having those computers was a major reason for choosing the spot because I needed to do some bookings...took HOURS of restarting the computer, redoing things, etc

So sorry to hear about issues with the computers. We do upgrade and replace frequently and we will check them out again

The vibe and the energy in the hostel is absolutely outstanding. Its so joyful yo stay here. I'd recommend it to every bagpacker who are coming to Dublin!!

• 24th Aug 2015
  • India

It was my first time to Ireland and it couldn't have started better than the friendliness of isaacs hostel staff. I felt so welcomed and I cannot wait to stay there again!

• 23rd Aug 2015

That's so lovely to hear - see you soon !

A really friendly hostel. Comfortable and well equipped. The only drawbacks - no wifi in our room and no sinkplug.

• 22nd Aug 2015

Thank you kindly ! We do have Wifi throughout the hostel so not sure what happened there it may be high demand period apologies for any disruption to normal service The sink plug was maybe taken as a souvenier- we will investigate !