Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Some staff were more than willing to help and others weren't. No wifi in rooms the wireless kept cutting out. Shower facilities were good.

Showers were not very clean, low water pressure and you had to hold a button in to keep the water flowing... made it hard to wash. The hostel in general was just average.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. People were so friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean (even though I was in a 16 person room). The sauna was lovely. I have no bad words at all -- Isaacs was wonderful!

• 11th Jan 2014

Hearty praise indeed .We really appreciate it -thank you !

This Hostel has got very friendly assistances, allways helpful, friendly and funny. This Hostel is highly recommended!

• 9th Jan 2014

Danke schon !

Great location if you want easy access to main bus and train stations. Very easy walk to temple bar district as well. It's a big place, so it's nice if you're looking to run into a lot of fellow travellers/backpackers. It's a cool old building, nice lounge upstairs and in the basement. Nothing too exciting, but it was a good stay at a good price.

Thanks for your fab feedback and for highlighting so,e of our best features !

Isaacs is great! Well worth it to be close to everything without forking out half your savings!

Thanks- pleased we ticked all the boxes !

No wifi in the rooms, and the bathroom facilities were some of the worst we encountered in our 2 months of travel. The hostel itself provides a good opportunity to meet other travelers as everyone is forced to hang out in the lobby via the wifi situation, but be warned the facilities itself are very basic. The hostel is about 20 min walk from Temple Bar area.

The best part about the hostel is the sauna! Perfect after a sightseeing day! Also the staff was very helpful and friendly. At breakfast we missed cheese for the toast... Also I wouldn't like to walk Frenchmans Lane alone by night. It didn't look that safe. But we were in a group, so it was fine.

• 31st Dec 2013

The Isaacs team is 24/24h avaliable for questions or offer advices to visit the interesting places. Thanks

• 31st Dec 2013

I'm glad a stayed at this hostel since it had a very social atmosphere. I definitely reccomend this place if your a solo-traveler. It's very easy to meet people here and having daily Pub Crawls also helps. Only thing I didn't enjoy was the terrible Wifi Connection, and the fact i couldn't get it in my room. Other than Wifi, it's a great place to stay at and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to have a good time and experience Dublin.

If you go to Dublin for holiday you have to go to Isaacs Hostel! Beautiful atmosphere and nice people!!

I liked the hostel very much: staff is very friendly, beds are comfortable and clean (which is very important), bath facilities are good. Would go there again.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Overall a good hostel. There's no lockers in the room. There's not that many bathrooms and the water "saving" feature on the faucets, showers and toilets are a real annoyance, 2 seconds of water flow is not enough to wash your hands. Toilets were not nice because it took about 5 minutes for the water closet to refill, so more than often you walked in to an unflushed toilet. Kitchen rather small given the number of people staying at the hostel. Kitchen equipment was poor, pots and pans were old.

What a great Hostel! I won't ever stay in any other place when I will go back to Dublin! And the staff is very nice and totally helpful! :D

It was an amazing week at Isaacs Hostel ! Everybody was very friendly and we had a wonderful time !

• 28th Dec 2013

Nice place to stay for the night and even to start trips from that location. It's perfect for travellers who are only driving with the bus, because there are stations around the hostel and even groceries stores aren't far away. The breakfast was an improvement as well as the new shower and bathroom. But I think there is still some potential to improve the variety of frying pans and pots to cook. And whereas the internet was pretty fast, the computer on the entry room was pretty slow.

• 28th Dec 2013

I had a fantastic stay and cannot really fault the hostel, the only area for improvement was the breakfast which was a little on the sparse side. I think more variety such as yoghurts, fruit, croissants would have gone down well.

• 27th Dec 2013

We had a great stay at Issacs over the Christmas period. 5minute walk from the train station, and another 5 minutes from O'Connell street so was in a great location! The staff were helpful and there was a welcoming atmosphere. The rooms were an adequate size and good value for money. There were 3 floors, and each had 10/12 rooms. Was quiet so the 3 showers and toilets was enough. Clean and bright - toilets didn't flush first time though. We world stay here again! Best hostle Iv stayed in!

It was a very nice hostel! Helpfull staff! Rooms were perfect! I enjoyed the great pubcrawl!

Great to hear Thanks,

Due to our arrival during Christmas week, Isaacs Hostel told us they were going to be closed the next day. They promptly moved us over to the Jacobs Inn, along with an upgrade to a private bath, for the same price. I am so very impressed!

• 19th Dec 2013