Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

All the staff were really friendly and welcoming and happy to help. I got on well with everyone staying there.

• 12th Sep 2013

if you want to sleep at night you should definitely look for another place. too many people and they were really loud the whole night in front of your window..... Not very nice if you're tired.

Nice price, decent location and good security. The whole building could use a better aeration, during the night the rooms gets pretty hot, I have to admit. I also have to comment that showers could be little more accessorized, just a couple of more hangers would do the trick. Beside this, nothing to complain about: nice staff, nice location, nice price. Internet worked fine in the main hall, even thou was not very usable from my room.

Really big hostel with little atmosphere. Many school trips, many dirt. The facilities are a little bit outworn and with poor charm. Somehow they forgot a ventilation in the shower and since they are inside, the whole inside is like a sauna. The staff is as friendly as you expect from an employee, but nothing more.

Staff very helpful. Great place to stay and lots of facilities on offer by the Hostel.

I stayed there based on Hostel World reviews, and didn't see what everyone was raving about. It's not a bad place and it turned out to be very convenient for my Paddy Wagon tour. If I go back to Dublin I'll probably try to find something better.

• 9th Sep 2013

So sorry to hear that you were dissapointed Hope you will give us a another try or our sister hostel Jacobs inn.

I spent an entire week at Isaacs and I am so glad I chose this hostel! the staff went above and beyond to make me feel welcome and were super friendly and funny. The rooms were standard hostel rooms, maybe a bit noisy depending on location, but that's what you sacrifice for staying in such a social hostel! the hostel walking tour was great to meet people to go out on the bar crawl with... all in all a lovely time and if I'm ever back in Dublin this is where I'll be staying for sure!

Issacs hostel was a wonderful choice for staying in Dublin. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, ample lockers and provided locks, comfortable rooms (very hot, but fans provided), lots of different spaces for quiet computing, a lounge room with a television, pool table and ping pong, laundry, large kitchen with ample space for storing food and cooking, a large socializing area, free breakfast (toast & jam, juice, coffee, tea, cereal), and a fantastic location! Would stay again! :D

Lpve your review . We could not say it better ourselves !

I really enjoy my staying there. I had to share a bathroom with the girls on the floor but it was very clean, i was impressed. Most of the staff are really nice and funny always in a good mood, they are also very helpful. I will defenetly recommend it.

No lockers at all in the dorm room, safes at the reception or lockers in the basement are not a good replacement for that especially if you're charged for using them. Kitchen was tiny for such a big amount of guests staying in the hostel. Bathrooms were cleaned at 8 in the morning when everyone wanted to use them. Staff treated you like you're just a number, no atmosphere in the hostel at all. The upper beds in the dorm rooms were completely open to one side which didn't make a safe impression.

Perfect place to stay for a weekend in dublin, ideal for getting to the airport, 15 mins, and great central location.

• 8th Sep 2013

The hostel is situated closely to central Dublin; the staff was very helpful and friendly; the facilities are fine; the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly; only negative aspect is the vicinity of the railtrack, which is very noisy at night

• 6th Sep 2013

Thanks for positive feedback. The railway track is nearby but the trains do not run after 1130 p.m or before 6am and we gave rooms to rear of building if you are a lighter sleeper.

Isaacs Hostel has a great atmosphere- both with the staff and the common areas where it is very easy to meet lots of people. It was a great hostel to stay in, and I would recommend it for it's location as well... not right downtown, but within just a few minutes of key attractions.

Thank you kindly !

Loved this Hostel! The common area is great for meeting all the other travelers. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. We wish we were there now!

• 4th Sep 2013

We wish you were here now !

best hostel in dublin great place to meet people overall great

• 3rd Sep 2013

High praise indeed !

Great youth hostel, just the one without a deep sleep should take care that trains passing one meter from your pillow ... All the rest is really fine

Very good especially if your young :-)

• 2nd Sep 2013

we Love the young at heart too !

Was a pleasure staying here. Great hostel.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Cool -Come back soon !

A very nice hostel! Nice staff, great atmosphere and really great lounges! Would definitely recommend it.

Delighted to hear that . Thanks

It was a pleasure staying at Isaacs. Location is good, not too far from Temple bar and the mayor tourist attractions. The wireless internet is only available at lobby and the basement, so everyone is hanging out at the same spot, which is good. Unfortunately internet didnt work properly, but as you want to meet people and enjoy Dublin, it should bother you that much. I would also highly recommend the pub crawl AND the daily free walking tour (dont forgett to tip the tour guide (Richard).

Thanks for great feedback. Our Wifi providers have just changed so it is a lot better thankfully however as you say the Hostel is about being sociable so we love it when you talk to each other rather than your smart phones !!