Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Zoals ik ook zelf aan het Hostel heb door gegeven, is het ons erg tegen gevallen. Ik ben vaker in een Hostel in Dublin geweest maar die waren echt beter. Personeel was soms onvriendelijk door de drukte denken wij. Het ontbijt vonden wij erg sober en minimale keus. Wij zijn echt beter gewend. We weren s'morgen vroeg gewekt door een poets mevrouw. Maar ook de dames naast ons waren vroeg op en hadden veel lawaai. De houten vloer kraakte enorm.

• 24th May 2014

Sorry you didn't seem to enjoy your stay with us. The cleaning staff start cleaning in the rooms at 11am in the morning which is our check out time.

Parfait, mais ca aurait pu etre encore mieux si nous avions eu acces au petit dejeuner un peu plus tot ! Un seul probleme, impossible de se connecter au reseau Wifi et dans tt les cas le signal nest que tres faible dans les chambres.

Le wifi n'existe pas dans les chambres - nous voulons que nos clients parlent ensemble!

We had a nice stay for a few days in Dublin. A good free breakfast, very close to the train station and buses.

Nous avons passé un excellent séjour à l auberge Isaacs l accueil extra situation géniale bien sous tout rapport et le prix de l hébergement imbattable à Dublin petit déjeuner compris bravo Merci

• Mixed Group, 41+

Merci beaucoup.

solo controlar un poco los lavabos femeninos de los incontrolados. En las duchas femeninas se duchaban chicos

Thanks for your review.

Incredible awesome , good value for money . Excellent choice .

Thanks for your lovely review.

Hi, I was in your hostel second time. Last year, in 2013 I spend a beautiful time in your hostel, so that's why I coming back during my visit of Dublin this year. There is helpfull reception. Thank you for that! Maybe next year. Sorry for my byd english...

• Czech Republic

Thanks for your nice review. Glad you enjoyed it.

Die Damentoiletten und Duschen waren sehr unsauber und wurden leider regelmäßig von betrunkenen Männern mitbenutzt.

• Mixed Group, 41+

We do cleaning very part of our hostel every day - and we have extra staff checking the toilets and showers every evening. However unfortunately some guests have no respect for other people.

Although I tried several times to contact them on their website to let them know I needed only two days not the three of the original reservation, they pleaded ignorance and had cancelled my reservation and let out my bed, it was raining and I explained I had paid a deposit equal to one nights rental, were they double renting beds? The solution they came up, since the One Demention concert was in town and no other beds were available. Installed a cot in the women's dorm.

• 23rd May 2014

There are very clear instruction on what to do if you need to change your reservation on the websites you can book on - not all booking engine are directly with us - you might have been contacting a third agent - we are actually very precise in making any change we receive and the One Direction concert was one of the busiest weekend in the city.

Accueil très sympathique (malgré quelques difficultés car je ne suis pas anglophone...). Très bien situé et la réception est ouverte toute la nuit !

Merci beaucoup - je suis désole que je n'était pas la car je parle un peu de français .

Habitaciones muy pequeñas para tantas camas

• 21st May 2014
  • Panama

We had a great stay at issacs will defiantly be back and will be referring to other friends without a doubt. very friendly staff and great location.

• 21st May 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - thank you.

Huge place, very crowded and a bit noisy, but very well located within walking distance from Train Station and Busaras Bus Station. 10 minutes from downtown. Very good facilities, very secure, nice breakfast, friendly staff, fast internet. Thanks!

Thanks for your nice review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Overall a cool spot to stay. My sister had a problem with no Wifi in the rooms (it's only in the common areas), but if that's not an issue for you then it's all good. Play area and sauna were a nice touch! Good stay there & staff was helpful except for one instance. I came back late w a 2 friends. They said no visitors so late; understandable. Except we were standing right next to the lobby door while we figured out what to do bc it was very rainy and cold and they kicked us out. Very rude

Glad you enjoyed your stay - sorry about our policy of not letting visitors come in late at night - our night porters have a difficult job to keep everything running smoothly so I apologise if they were a bit abrupt.

The only criticism I can make it the free wifi not reaching the dorm rooms and the connection being very slow at times in the common room - but the hostel facilities are great otherwise and the stay at isacc's was very comfortable. Met some great people in the pub crawl and walking tour.

Thanks for your review - we don't want wifi in the rooms - we want guests to talk to each other.

Ayant dormir a Isaac ainsi qu'à Jacob inn je garde malgré tout une préférence pou Jacob au niveau des isolations des murs et de la sécuriser de la literie . Mais le personnelle et les espaces communs sont au top ainsi que les gens qui y viennent séjourné . J'ai passé un agréable séjour n'hésité pas a une passer quelques nuits !

• 19th May 2014

Merci pour tous.

Cheap hostel within the week. Lots of stuff to do in the hostel and around Dublin. Kitchen wasn't very tidy and clean as well as the toilets and showers. BUt thats cause there are many people staying in the hostel. Location very close to city center by foot

Thanks for your review - we do clean everywhere daily but we need our guests to help keep the place tidy.

Great place to stay. Affordable, clean (mostly), and safe. I am considerably older than most of the residents, but never felt out of place. The staff was awesome.

• 18th May 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Friendly staff, decent location. The showers were dirty, the drain in one of the female showers was clogged with hair and I was ankle deep in dirty shower runoff from the adjacent shower stalls. There was dirty toilet paper on the floor in the bathroom and there was a dirty clogged toilet in the men's bathroom. The free breakfast consisted of white bread, jam, and cereal. The kitchen was small for the number of guests at the hostel. I would probably not stay here again.

Thanks for your review. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. We do clean everywhere daily but we hope that when our cleaning staff are off duty, guests will keep the place fairly today and not make too much of a mess. Clearly this didn;t happen. Breakfast is just a light breakfast we offer free of charge to our guests.

The first night was extremely hot and I couldn't sleep. Other nights were better.