Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Lovely place to stay, as it's so handy to to the city centre, the staff are really welcoming and it's a great place to make friends and chill out! Thanks for the great hospitality!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thanks so much for your great review.

Perfect location.

Thanks so much for your great review.

The staff was beyond helpful with any question I had about Dublin. They were always available night and day. I was little bummed out to find out when I returned to Dublin that there wasn't any vacancy, hands down the best trip of my life.

• 28th Jun 2014

Thanks so much - we love guests like you.

Perfect location, clean rooms, but terribly loud.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the noise.

The temperature in the place is insane. Far to hot in the rooms. More of a lads on tour vibe than a backpacker one. Not a bad thing if that is what you are looking for. Not enough showers and no wifi in rooms isn't great. Not a bad hostel just a very average one.

Thanks for posting your review. The temperatures while you were here were high alright but it is quite cold now.

A bit far from the main bits in dublin but other than that no problems at all. Perfect for traveling solo

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The Isaacs Hostel is comfortably close to the city core (3mins by foot). It's full of young people gathering at the lobby, lots of healthy drinking in the evening and good speaker music setting the mood. Unfortunately, the train tracks are just in front of the rooms (although the train is much slower and quieter during the night)! Another thing I didn't like was not having lockers in the room, it really makes one person unease about personal valuables.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Thanks for posting your review - we do offer ear plugs to any light sleepers. Safes are provided and we offer left luggage cages in the basement. Glad you liked the atmosphere.

This place is awesome! They really tried their best to make me welcome. My room was originally too hot, so they gave me a free upgrade and were so nice about it! I had the best time, thanks guys!

An excellent place to stay. Lively, but not noisy. Most of the staff are very helpful and friendly, they'll do their best to sort out any issues at any hour. I'd come back just for the atmosphere, forget Dublin!

The best part about the stay was the people that I had met! Aside from that, the accommodations were so-so but it was one of the cheapest hostels available in Dublin! The windows let in very little ventilation and the showers were sort of EH (flip flops are a neccesity). It was still a great time in the 10 bed mixed dorm but I can see how it would be difficult for some to sleep..

• 23rd Jun 2014

Great location, stay, EVERYTHING!

What an awful place! The room was unbearably stuffy, the window would neither stay open nor stay closed. No air conditioning. Squeaky floorboards. VERY squeaky beds. Frantic staff. Located in a rough part of town. The only redeeming feature was the airport shuttle bus, although it didn't arrive on time, and never does, aparently. Definitely for first-time globetrotters rather than seasoned travellers.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Sorry you didn't appear to enjoy your stay at our hostel. it is not usual for it to be so warm but we do have some fans for our guests when it too warm (a couple of weeks a year at most).

9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next » last »