Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The Isaacs team is 24/24h avaliable for questions or offer advices to visit the interesting places. Thanks

• 31st Dec 2013

I'm glad a stayed at this hostel since it had a very social atmosphere. I definitely reccomend this place if your a solo-traveler. It's very easy to meet people here and having daily Pub Crawls also helps. Only thing I didn't enjoy was the terrible Wifi Connection, and the fact i couldn't get it in my room. Other than Wifi, it's a great place to stay at and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to have a good time and experience Dublin.

If you go to Dublin for holiday you have to go to Isaacs Hostel! Beautiful atmosphere and nice people!!

I liked the hostel very much: staff is very friendly, beds are comfortable and clean (which is very important), bath facilities are good. Would go there again.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Overall a good hostel. There's no lockers in the room. There's not that many bathrooms and the water "saving" feature on the faucets, showers and toilets are a real annoyance, 2 seconds of water flow is not enough to wash your hands. Toilets were not nice because it took about 5 minutes for the water closet to refill, so more than often you walked in to an unflushed toilet. Kitchen rather small given the number of people staying at the hostel. Kitchen equipment was poor, pots and pans were old.

What a great Hostel! I won't ever stay in any other place when I will go back to Dublin! And the staff is very nice and totally helpful! :D

It was an amazing week at Isaacs Hostel ! Everybody was very friendly and we had a wonderful time !

• 28th Dec 2013

Nice place to stay for the night and even to start trips from that location. It's perfect for travellers who are only driving with the bus, because there are stations around the hostel and even groceries stores aren't far away. The breakfast was an improvement as well as the new shower and bathroom. But I think there is still some potential to improve the variety of frying pans and pots to cook. And whereas the internet was pretty fast, the computer on the entry room was pretty slow.

• 28th Dec 2013

I had a fantastic stay and cannot really fault the hostel, the only area for improvement was the breakfast which was a little on the sparse side. I think more variety such as yoghurts, fruit, croissants would have gone down well.

• 27th Dec 2013

We had a great stay at Issacs over the Christmas period. 5minute walk from the train station, and another 5 minutes from O'Connell street so was in a great location! The staff were helpful and there was a welcoming atmosphere. The rooms were an adequate size and good value for money. There were 3 floors, and each had 10/12 rooms. Was quiet so the 3 showers and toilets was enough. Clean and bright - toilets didn't flush first time though. We world stay here again! Best hostle Iv stayed in!

It was a very nice hostel! Helpfull staff! Rooms were perfect! I enjoyed the great pubcrawl!

Great to hear Thanks,

Due to our arrival during Christmas week, Isaacs Hostel told us they were going to be closed the next day. They promptly moved us over to the Jacobs Inn, along with an upgrade to a private bath, for the same price. I am so very impressed!

• 19th Dec 2013

Very friendly staff! Made my stay in Dublin that much more enjoyable!

Lovely Thanks so much .

It has the best style among all hostel I have been to in Europe! I love the reading area here its really stylish and vintage though it doesn't smell excellent down in the basement.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Most stylish hostel in Europe - we love it thanks,

This is a very good hostel but the noise is unbearable, people is too noisy and does not allow to sleep. Not having internet in the bedrooms is not useful.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

We are so sorry if you were disturbed by other guests - we do have earplugs for lighter sleepers as nothing worse than not getting a good night sleep. We don't have internet in bedrooms but free in the common areas as we want to try and maintain a sociable hostel atmosphere where people talk to each other !

Perfect!!!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Good location just a bit noisy with the train. Really stuffy in the hostel. And bathrooms could do with a better clean. But overall nice hostel and really reasonably priced. Very friendly and helpful.

Glad you found us friendy and helpful. we do have some other quieter rooms away from front or earplugs for lighters sleepers if you return to us.

화장실이 넘 더러웠어요!!! 철도 바로옆이라서 너무 시끄러워 새벽부터 깨어났었습니다.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Loved the atmosphere and vibe in the hostel! Great place to be! The staff was always very helpful, kind and in for a nice chat (even at 5 am!) Nice facilities (bicycle rent – kitchen – games – free sauna) The sleeping rooms were a bit small, but with the hostel having such nice other rooms you hardly spend time here anyway. The hostel is really close to the centre (10 min walk to the Temple bar). And attracts a lot nice people! All in all an awesome hostel in an awesome city! I'll be back ;)

• 10th Dec 2013

Great hostel, wifi could have been better, think it was a bit congested at times but other than that everything was great!

Thanks for your feedback . Glad you liked us . Wifi is usually very good but in high demand periods it can get overworked.