Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It was very loud, so that I could'nt sleep the three nights staying there! Direkt next to the railway line + other travellers continously stayed under the window (where the entrance is) talking aloud! If you want to catch any sleep don't go there. Nevertheless the Cleaniness was good. Only two sinks for at least 30 people. Breakfast was good.

• 7th Aug 2014

Thanks for posting your review. You know we do offer ear plugs for our lighter sleepers. I think they would have helped.

We loved this place! The staff were super helpful and very accommodating with finding us beds so we could extend our stay! Pub crawl is a must too! Would definitely stay again, cheers guys! Ask one the guys at the front desk about triceratops if you wanna gain a bit of knowledge also ;)

Thanks - we love your review.

Im so happy that i was there. Never forget this awesome time! I met a lot of amazing people in the Isaas Hostel. And i made the Pub Crawl two times. It was sooo awesome. Thanks for everything.

• 7th Aug 2014

Thanks so much - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

+1 for the Sauna !

• 6th Aug 2014

Thanks for posting - glad you enjoyed the sauna.

I was placed in a room that was very, very hot, maybe 30ºC inside, and you couldn't open the windows. I couldn't sleep for 3 nights, and the staff didn't want to put me in another bedroom without charging me more money. Also there are no internet in the bedrooms. I wouldn't recommend this hostel.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.

Could use an elevator. Bathroom did not smell too great. Staff was very nice and helpful. In a good location to walk throughout the city. Only a 10 min walk from River Liffey, so that was wonderful. Right near the 747 shuttle bus stop from the airport.

• 6th Aug 2014

A lift would be great but it is quite an old building. Glad you enjoyed your stay though.

I had an excellent stay, really nice atmosphere, loads of things to do. quite good location, 5min to the spire, approx. 15min to temple bar.

• Switzerland

Thanks so much for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I decided to overlook the many warnings about the stifling hot rooms, thinking, "How bad could it be?" Well.... it's bad. Really bad. I was in a dorm room on the 2nd (really, the 3rd) floor, directly across from the washrooms and showers. All the heat and moisture from the showers (which have no temperature control, by the way - hope you like scalding hot showers) would go into our sleeping quarters. Impossible not to move around without sweating profusely. So gross and uncomfortable.

• 5th Aug 2014

Really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. It is not often that the hostel is so warm- high temperatures are rare in Dublin.

The hostel is very good, the staff eas very friendly and ready to help.

Thanks for you review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I REALLY ENJOYED STAYING AT iSAACS AND HAVE ALREADY WARMLY RECOMMENDED YOU PLACE.

• 5th Aug 2014

Thanks for your positive comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The room we were in was extremely hot and made for an uncomfortable sleep.

So sorry about the heat - it's rare in Dublin, I promise you. We do have fans for guests use.

Fantastic hostel, funny and friendly staff, clean rooms and an excellent breakfast. Would definitely stay here again :)

• 4th Aug 2014

Love your review.!

Excellent location on the southside of the old city, half an hour's walk. Great 3 hour free walking tour of the old city. Wifi was slow and only one computer available.

Glad you liked the hostel and enjoyed your stay. With so many people using our wifi, from time to time especially at very busy times it can slow down but normally it is ok.

We had a sleepless night. It was the whole night very loud in the house, the staff was not able to control the Situation. The will never come again.

So sorry you had a bad night.

The staff is very helpful! A guided tour of Dublin is available every morning. WiFi, which is included and available on the ground floor is of good quality.

Thanks so much for your great comments. So glad you enjoyed your stay.

recommendation

• 3rd Aug 2014

Thanks for your positive review.

There was 3 clothes washing machines but only one was functional. Theee was 3 clothes dyers, none was functional. This is a let down.

• 2nd Aug 2014

Thanks for your comments, We are getting them fixed - the washing machines are industrial ones and not easy to get the parts but this will be sorted.

Would definitely return as well as recommend to friends. Everyone was very nice and respectful and the rooms are spacious and well cared for. Location couldn't be better

Thanks so much for your positive comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I spent 2 nights at Isaacs Hostel. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The hostel is clean and well located: tram station just around the corner and the center( temple bar, grafton street) is reached within a 10 minutes walk. I didnt use the free sauna but i think its a nice offer! Also breakfast is included which is great! Specially for the prize they offer a lot of extras! kitchen is clean but knives and pots could be in better conditions.

It hasn't the "irish friendly atmosphere" I used to feel in quite every irish hostel

• 1st Aug 2014

Sorry you didn't like the atmosphere. We are a large city centre hostel with visitors from all over the world so we like to think we have a cosmopolitan atmosphere.