Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Very friendly staff! Made my stay in Dublin that much more enjoyable!

Lovely Thanks so much .

It has the best style among all hostel I have been to in Europe! I love the reading area here its really stylish and vintage though it doesn't smell excellent down in the basement.

• 15th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

Most stylish hostel in Europe - we love it thanks,

This is a very good hostel but the noise is unbearable, people is too noisy and does not allow to sleep. Not having internet in the bedrooms is not useful.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Mexico

We are so sorry if you were disturbed by other guests - we do have earplugs for lighter sleepers as nothing worse than not getting a good night sleep. We don't have internet in bedrooms but free in the common areas as we want to try and maintain a sociable hostel atmosphere where people talk to each other !

Perfect!!!

• 13th Dec 2013
  • Spain

Good location just a bit noisy with the train. Really stuffy in the hostel. And bathrooms could do with a better clean. But overall nice hostel and really reasonably priced. Very friendly and helpful.

Glad you found us friendy and helpful. we do have some other quieter rooms away from front or earplugs for lighters sleepers if you return to us.

화장실이 넘 더러웠어요!!! 철도 바로옆이라서 너무 시끄러워 새벽부터 깨어났었습니다.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Loved the atmosphere and vibe in the hostel! Great place to be! The staff was always very helpful, kind and in for a nice chat (even at 5 am!) Nice facilities (bicycle rent – kitchen – games – free sauna) The sleeping rooms were a bit small, but with the hostel having such nice other rooms you hardly spend time here anyway. The hostel is really close to the centre (10 min walk to the Temple bar). And attracts a lot nice people! All in all an awesome hostel in an awesome city! I'll be back ;)

• 10th Dec 2013

Great hostel, wifi could have been better, think it was a bit congested at times but other than that everything was great!

Thanks for your feedback . Glad you liked us . Wifi is usually very good but in high demand periods it can get overworked.

Very nice atmosphere, good value for money and friendly staff !

• 6th Dec 2013

Don't know if it's because we woke up too late, but cold showers are not ideal.

• 6th Dec 2013

So sorry to hear the showers were cold shower - that should not have been the case at all even if you woke up late We will check the system.

Nice hostel, helpful staff and lots of common areas. I've been here only one night, but I really enjoyed my stay.

Nice hostel.

I've been to Isaacs a couple of times and I'd surely go again. The great WIFI coverage and really clean rooms are great for the price. Same goes for the kitchen and light breakfast. One caveat from my last stay: Aparently gastro-intestinal-disease was making the rounds in the hostel, which is of course unfortunate. Even though the staff might not have known about it, a reminder or somesuch would have been nice. But maybe I should just know that myself...

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thank you for your kind comments.

A nice place with fully functional and clean facilities, good common areas and good relaxed vibe. Within walking distance to food, pubs/bars and public transport for getting around in Dublin or farther afield.

nice stay as usual!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Thank you !

Kind of soulless, very big with lots of people living here and working rather than travelling. I didn't really make many friends. The mattresses are pretty thin. I don't think I'd stay here again but I guess it did the job

I had high hopes after studying all the positive reviews for this place, only to be severely disappointed. It was dirty, smelly, cramped and the evening/night employees were less than cheerful. My third floor 6 person dorm had signs of a roof leak as well as black mold spots above my bed. The train tracks were right outside our window (thankful I brough ear plugs). The community showers were constantly filthy and molded ceilings as well. If you want a clean, comfortable stay, STAY AWAY.

• 29th Nov 2013

Absolutely excellent stay at Isaacs. Was very apprehensive about staying in a hostel as I never had before and heard stories, but the place was spotlessly clean, the staff were amazing (so friendly, good fun and extremely helpful and knowledgeable) The location was ideal and we even participated in the Bar Crawl, which was absolutely MEGA fun and awesome value, and the free walking tour was fantastic. Overall, a flawless stay and I would highly highly recommend this place!

• 28th Nov 2013

The 16bed dorm was really smelly. The other rooms i was were ok. Excellent atmosphere, nice staff (except a guy whose english wasn't really good). Really good to meet other travellers.

Thanks for your comments . We will check out the 16 bed dorm to see if any issue as this is unusual . So glad you liked the atmosphere and staff

The hostel is really nice, great atmosphere and awesome free sauna!

• 28th Nov 2013