Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Love Isaacs! This was my second stay with them. The staff is super helpful with booking tours and calling shuttles for you. Such a great atmosphere in the main room and basement!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great friendly hostel. Floorboards are a bit old and creaky but earplugs do the trick.

Pros: big rooms, semi-detached bathroom, late checkout, free breakfast Cons: location not great (walking distance to everything but dodgy area), no lockers in the rooms, they're in the basement and you have to pay for them, wifi doesn't work in the rooms and most importantly zero vibe, which is probably the most important thing as a solo traveller I think. First hostel I've stayed in on my 5 week trip where I didn't meet anyone.

Nice hostel, good staff, new bathroom facilities, very clean. The location is good, but next to a train track. After the 3rd night I got used to it though. And during the night there aren´t many trains anyway. Bring ear plugs or buy some at reception! Supermarkets, Air-Link bus-stop, shopping - all close by. About a 15 min. walk to Temple Bar. Good also: Lockers in the basement - smelly boots can be left there instead of the room.

Fantastic Hostel in a great Location, amazing staff, brilliant facilities (THEY HAVE A SAUNA!!!) , keycard security system, value for money, its incredibly cheap, 5 minute walk to shops, food and a few good bars. Overall this was a great experience and I will be recommending isaacs to everyone going to Dublin. Thanks To james and kevin who were more than helpful. Cheers.

It was a good stay. Clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was disappointed that there was not wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas. Otherwise, no complaints.

I really enjoyed staying here good place friendly happy clean and right in the middle of everything... I will stay there again Thanks

• 21st Jan 2015

Awesome hostel. Only complaint is the wifi doesn't work on the 3rd floor

I would like too sleep there again if I return to Dublin!

Clean, good location, few steps from the center, well connected to public trasportation, really helpful staff JUST...those kind of showers which work just if you press the botton every 5 seconds (no jocking) can be a really bad surprise, expecially if you have really long hair like me =) and also it could be better have a light on each bed 'cause rooms are pretty dark and there were people sleeping all day long and it's litterally impossible to see where you're going. anyway,i recommend it!

Common rooms were always loud and no individual lights on the bunks, staff was kind and helpful though

Room are a bit too noisy because of the train Availability of the staff really good I enjoyed very much the sauna It's been a pleasant stay. Very good hostel

• 15th Jan 2015

Good craic with just about everyone. Staff very friendly and knowledgeable. Would stay again!

Isaacs Hostel is great! All the workers are nice, the atmosphere is great and its a really comfortable stay for dublin in winter. Just ask the people at the reception whatever - theyll help you out, go out for a drink with you after work and you can cook in their kitchen. That place is amazing. I would always recommend it!

• 13th Jan 2015

I only stayed one night so I can't go too in depth, but I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again. Room security seems nice. The lockers are downstairs and a bit out of the way. It would be nice if you needed your room card to enter the building as I believe there were some local people hanging out in the common room for the free wifi. The downstairs cellar rooms are awesome if you're into unique things like that.

Great staff,very helpful.

Great hostel - awesome and helpful staff. Enjoyed our stay there though possibly could have used some more comfy seating in the social area (the log benches start to hurt)

Great atmosphere, everyone's so helpful and just wants a laugh! By far the best, safest, funniest hostel I've stayed in... So good I've booked up again!

Cosy. Damn cosy.

Great staff, location and very clean hostel with a fantastic atmosphere. Would stay again in a heartbeat.