Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Pros: Good crowd. Very international. Great for meeting people and going out The free breakfast. Good range of spreads, and decent coffee Good facilities, and plenty of activities and info provided Cons: Not very clean Not enough toilets/bathrooms Lockers are down in the basement. I always prefer them to be in my room

Well organised, great friendly staff!

Absolutely amazing hostel with lots of great facilities (entertainment, laundry and SAUNA!!!!!!) Only 5 to 10 min walk to O'Connell Street and river Liffey. Very Kind and helpful staff, all in all you get a lot for your money.

This is the first and last time I book a hostel based on scores alone without reading reviews; the location score is WAY too high, it is actually quite bad for a number of reasons I unfortunately can't fit in this box. However everything else is pretty solid, especially the super friendly staff and good free breakfast. Still, you're probably better off booking something south of the liffey, far away from train tracks.

The rooms were nice but it was quite loud according to the railway next to the hostel. The staff, however, provided free earplugs, thank you ;-) The showers on the third floor were a little small and there was no space for putting shower equipment. On the hooks in the shower some girls must ahve forgotten their clothes as they were hanging there for at least two days.

• 26th Aug 2013
  • Austria

the staff was very helpful and friendly; For the price i paid i thought find something bad and durty, but it was very good and quite clean; I really recommend this hostel.

Can't fault it - good value

Very friendly staff, great location and the beds were alright too. The first night of my trip I stayed in a 6 bed dorm which was incredibly warm, but the 8 bed dorm at the end of my trip was ok. Too bad there's only wifi downstairs. Would def recommend this hostel, though.

Isaacs was awesome. The only not so good thing was being on an upper level floor and it was quite warm in our 14 bed female dorm room. The staff was awesome especially the cool guy from Brazil and Cliff, the blond guy (I hope the name is right!). Every staff member was fun, upbeat and helpful. I have already recommended Isaacs to my friends. It was a big difference from other hostels especially in relation to quietness in the rooms and general cleanliness. Thanks so much Isaacs!

very good and helpful staff, and fun people staying at the hostel. very hot in the room though :-(

• 23rd Aug 2013

On the site a 3-bedded room was mentioned, which we booked very long in advance. Then it appeared to be a very small stuffy room, where two of us had to share the not too broad lower bed. As a result we did not sleep well.

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

I had a great stay at Isaacs Hostel and if I'm ever in Dublin again, I'll stay there. I especially liked the gigantic storage lockers that were available for only 2 euros a day. The free breakfast was pretty good, free tours were great, the people were very open and friendly, and the staff was excellent. The wifi connection could definitely have been a lot better. Overall, it's a great choice for the money they ask for.

I really enjoyed this hostel!! staff was so nice, even at 2 am! Definitely next time I'll go to Dublin, I'll stay here again :D

• 21st Aug 2013

My room, a my bed, was on the side of a train line, making it almost impossible to sleep well through the night due to the noise of the trains that pass even at night.The room doesn´t have locker. The hostel has no elevator, which is very bad if you have a heavy suitcase. Dont have wifi in the rooms, and the connection drops all the time at reception. Generally didn´t enjoy the stay.

This hostel was oke. Rooms were very warm and humid because of the showers. The spaces to eat and get your breakfast were small and crowded. Staff was nice and helpfull and it was clean.

Was a great place to stay. I met many people and made life long friends. Everyone was really nice and friendly. I would stay again if I go to Dublin.

• 20th Aug 2013

Great hostel. Stayed in a six bed dorm, that had enough room although lockers would be appreciated. Bathrooms were clean. Dorms and bathrooms were quite warm with no air con. Common areas great - tv room, reading area, desk area, and general eating area. Also good to have a kitchen with supermarket nearby. Wifi worked only in common areas but was generally good. Security key passes for all doors. Staff helpful in changing my reservation on arrival.

I wrote an email to you specifically about the noise from the railway and how to deal with it. You'll find it in your email if you search for it and it wasn't deleted so far. Also, the revellers outside until 5 a.m. were a serious distraction to getting off to sleep. Other than that, it was wonderful, far exceeded expectation.

• 20th Aug 2013

First experience at a hostel and I am hooked. Staff was great, cleaning staff great job, hard workers. Across the street from the bus station, around the corner from tour company, airport bus drops you off across the street, easy walk to shopping, pubs, the river, and sight seeing. Met a lot of people, some will be life long friends. Improvements that could be made: Better internet in the common areas. Better utensils in the kitchen.

good location - next to train and bus stations there was no offer for people with food allergies at the breakfast -> that should be mentioned on the homepage