Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Loved the friendliness of the staff! Everyone was incredibly helpful and amiable.

it stank of smoke almost everywhere and you couldn't open the window in our room because of the window bars so it was very hot in there.

For a hostel in the center of a city, Isaacs is ok. It's mostly clean, you don't feel cramped in the dorms. However the dorm had only one window and it was unbearable hot (it wasn't hot outside, but having only one small window for a large room with 14 people in it, just isn't enough). Besides there was only one big light in the room. In a city hostel (where you know, people will return at different times, some in the middle of the night) someone could have thought of installing small lights...

Everything was not bad, but the train is so close to the hostel so you might got annoyed if you are sensative to the noise. if the water in the shower room can be bigger on 3 floor, it would be better : ) maybe you can have more wall sockets for people. And the cleaning staff might can be nicer? She might be exhausted so looked unhappy for others... After all, the staff, the bed, the baseroom, the location, the security are nice, concert was great, worthy to stay based on the price. Thanks Issac

Great place. Staff is amazing and will always be available to answer any questions. Very accommodating.

Great review and thank you!

Nice hostel, well located in the city with nice atmosphere ! The ideal place to stay in Dublin for few days and visit the city. The staff is helpful and you can meet some nice poeple and enjoying pubcrawl to discover Dublin's night life !

• 18th Aug 2015

Glad you liked the hostel . Thanks for your lovely review

Wonderful stay. Very helpful & friendly staff. Very nice hostel & excellent location.

• 17th Aug 2015

Great hostel. Great location.

• 17th Aug 2015

Lovely staff, really awesome common room, but unfortunately everything else was average. Our room was next to a train line that screeched all day/late at night and early in the morning. No wifi in rooms, for 2 days the showers didn't work and often the ones on other level were shut as well. Rooms were clean though, and comfortable, maybe we were just unlucky.

Great staff, location especially when travelling w/teenage sun. Highly recommend this place for budget travelers.

• 16th Aug 2015

Most wonderfull staff that pass down a very postive vibe right off to anyone who visits!

• 16th Aug 2015

A group of people attempted to mug me at the front door. The front desk would not let me in until about three minutes later, where I was cornered at the door and being threatened. Their excuse was that they didn't know I wasn't with them. A very poor excuse -- the violent threat on the doorstep was apparently my responsibility. The next night, in the room, a man violently talked to himself and subsequently pissed the floor. By the next morning they supposedly removed him, yet he came back.

• 16th Aug 2015

In total we enjoyed our stay at this hostel. However there were not enough bathrooms for the amount of people that stayed there. Furthermore the train tracks were just outside our window.

• 15th Aug 2015

We had a great stay at isaacs. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. Especially after one week in a terrible hostel in Belfast, it felt like coming home when we returned to Isaacs Hostel! Furthermore the hostel decreeds big lockers, a sauna and many more, and also offers great specials like a free walking tour through Dublin or a Backpacker Pubcrawl (definitely recommend the Pubcrawl ;) )

The kitchen was absolutely disgusting. The fridges are not cleaned or emptied of old food. I found items over a month old! The hostel staff switch around beds with no notice, so there were frequently issues where someone came back to a stranger in their bed. When brought to the staff, it was given a quick fix that just caused more problems later on. Also, the hostel rooms are very hot even when it's cool outside! The area the hostel is in isn't nice; I walked past a man doing drugs in the alley!

• 14th Aug 2015

Useful as a place to sleep but I found myself wanting to spend as little time there as I could. It did it's job though, so it was fine.

Great Place Next Time Staub there

• 14th Aug 2015

The train is very noisy

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Everything was great - from staff to people who were staying there. And the vibe is so good.

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Slovenia

I was absolutely delighted by Isaacs. I've never traveled alone before and they made me feel right at home. The people at the front desk were amazing and helpful! Kevin rocks! The pub crawl was a great way to meet people. I would highly recommend it. Isaacs is in an amazing location, around a 10-20 minute walk to almost everywhere in the city. I stayed in both a female and mixed dorm and they were both great. The train makes quite a bit of noise but it didn't bother me! I will stay here again!