Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Rien a dire, séjour au top ! Je recommande fortement Isaacs Hostel

I loved this place! The atmosphere was awesome; the place was packed with lots of young travellers. Staff was very helpful and free breakfast was nice. The wifi could have been better but that would be my only complaint.

Ugly! Ugly rooms, ugly beds, ugly toilets!

• 28th Feb 2014

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. If you wish to contact us directly with more details of what you didn't like, please do so.

The hostel provides you all the facilities you need. Clean, good kitchen, many areas, great showers. Excelent value for money.

Thanks for your great review.

Great place, totally recommend this hostel to anyone! Staff and facilities were excellent! Only minus was lack of free safety boxes

Thanks for your great review. We have noted your comment regarding the provision of free safety boxes. Unfortunately at the moment you do have to pay for them but it's not a lot.

i visited 59 hostel untill now, and here i founded the BEST STAFF ever. i remember this: i been at the frint tdesk and i forgot what i needed,, and the guy at the reception: may be u need an adaptor? abd yesss it was... i was borrowing an adaptor.. incredible... but this i s nothing..al of them are kind, then letz talka bout the hsotel... They have more than 1 common area. i remember 3, plus a reading area, plus FREE SAUNA, plus Biliard, ping pong table, good Bathroom, i wanna absolutely c

Thanks for your great review. Do come again.

Très belle ambiance.

• 24th Feb 2014

Merci beaucoup.

This is great hostel with great staff. I was there for two nights and everything was perfect. When i will be back in Dublin i go to ISAACS hostel again.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Czech Republic

Thanks for your great review. Do come again.

En general muy bien , el único problema que como mi estancia ha sido larga , a veces no podia estar en la misma habitación o incluso plantearme cambiar de hostel por un día .

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we are sorry that from time to time you had to change your room as we were booked out.

i think this is the perfect hostel, surely the best one i've never seen. Clean, safe, nice atmosphere, super staff ( Renata the account manager is simply fantastic ! ) good music, free SAUNA !...maybe they have just to improve the internet free wi fi connection in the basement and in the relax area..but it works ! So guys thank you all, you are doing an excellent job ! Fabio from Italy

• 22nd Feb 2014

Thank you very much for your great review - we love reviews like yours!

I stayed in 14 bed dorm, staff and location was nice, bathroom clean enough. There were no shelfs, chairs or something where you coul put your staff on. There was hot in room even when the window was wide open and noise from room above like someone is building there, my bed was shaking. I couldn´t sleep because I was roasting and it was soo noisy there. I stayed here for second time, for the first time in 8 bed dom, temperature was same. I will find other place to sleep next time in Dublin.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We will investigate your comments about the shelfs and chairs and see what we can do.

absolutely the best hostel staff i have ever seen at a hostel!! they made the place. I will most def come back and visit. thank you guys for an amazing time. and always being available. :)

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Curyyy
  • Puerto Rico

Thanks so much for your great review - we love guests like you!

We booked the Shuttle bus to the airport, because at 5 am in the morning at sunday it was the only possibility to get there(except taxi). It was 30 min late but it was ok because the driver drove like hell so we arrived in time at the airport :) that was the only negative point but it was not too bad!

• 19th Feb 2014

Thanks for your great review. Sorry the shuttle was late - it is run by another company so unfortunately we have no control over them.

Met some cool people here. Staff were ok, kitchen was a mess the whole time though.

I didn't like this hostel. But it's not the hostel fault, it's just that if you are coming here, it would be far better if you are in a group (4+) since there are lots of instances to share in the hostel, and you won't even need to go to a pub. But everything is always busy, the nice library, the dining room, etc., and there's only WiFi in the ground floor, which makes all the facilities busy at all times. If you are in a group, don't hesitate. Book and have a nice time.

So sorry you didn't enjoy staying at our hostel but I note you gave us top marks for facilities and location so thanks so much for that.

El lugar es inseguro (la calle) y hay mucho ruido en el exterior, aparte el tren pasa muy temprano y se escucha todo.

Sorry you don't appear to have enjoyed your stay. The area is quite safe and we don't have problems with our guests having bad experiences in the area.

The staff are amazing. They help you figure things out on your trip. They have great day tours they can book for you. And a awesome pub crawl. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin. But I had a great stay. Cheers

• 15th Feb 2014

I wish we could do something about the thin walls but I don't think thats possible. You just have to keep the noise down!! So glad you enjoyed your stay. We love the staff too!!!

Great hostel! Very central location!

• 15th Feb 2014

There was nothing I didn't love about this hostel. Staff were friendly. They had wonderful recommendations on things to go to see and do. The breakfast was certainly a little different and a bit more wholesome than many hostels. The only thing that would let Isaacs down would be the showers. Even at the best of times, the water is only warm and that's not fun in Winter. I still loved our stay, the people and the location was simply fantastic.

Thanks so much for your review. Do come again.

A really awesome hostel, by far the best I have ever stayed in. Fantastic atmosphere, plus the fact they have a sauna on premises!

We love reviews like yours - do come again.