Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Decent hostel. Wifi is only accessible in the common room / lobby which is a bit annoying. Bathrooms were a bit small and dingy. There's a free walking tour of Dublin which was really good. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Friendly staff and they leave on your own if you like to be like that. I would recomend people to go there. Only it coulb be noisy and the beds could be more confortanle

Hostel is very friendly. There was a lot of young people and everyone was very nice. I stayed at 14 beds room and there was no problem. Hostel lobby seems a bit old school but it's great atmosphere there and I felt like home.

Goed hostel op goede locatie. Prima inbegrepen ontbijt. Goed systeem met pasjeslezers op alle deuren. Wellicht handig om ook stopcontacten of stekkerdozen aan te schaffen voor niet-Ierse opladers. Stapelbedden zijn erg wankel, die zouden bijvoorbeeld aan de muur bevestigd kunnen worden. Verder prima.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms and shower/toilet areas were clean. Special vibe when you walk into "the lobby", great atmosphere! Only a bit disapointing that some other guest stole my shirt while showering, maybe it's a good idea to install lockers or something like that? Other then that, it was great and i wouldn't mind staying there again during my next visit to Dublin! Keep up the good work!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Rooms were really cramped (and didn't have lockers) but staff was great!

Stayed here twice. Once in a 6 bedroom then again in a private double. Both rooms were good. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and funny. I would just suggest you shower out night, otherwise it will be a cold one in the morning.

Best hostel I've ever been :) Amazing athmosphere and staff. You just pay once for the cool pub crawl and you can join it every night! The only 'bad' thing is the fact you have to pay for the lockers, but everything else is great. I would definitely stay there again and I'll recomend it to all my friends :)

- No hot water on toillets before 8:00 AM. - Little room (space) for 8 people to stay. All the rest, everything OK! ;)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

No wi-fi in rooms? Seriously?

No sorry - but in all the common areas, we have good wifi .

to close to train lines

Staff is really friendly and helpful. Have a wonderful time there.

Isaac's was my first ever hostel and it's given me the bug - the hostel bug! I loved it! Everyone is so friendly and it's so easy to meet people! I was there for three nights and it was absolutely awesome. There's tonnes of room for socializing and the rooms were appropriately sized for the number of people in them. I never felt cramped or in danger or unwelcome ever. The atmosphere was fantastic and encouraged community! Everything was very clean and I would stay there again in a heart beat!

Super welcoming and hilarious staff! We enjoyed staying here for two nights in Dublin. The location is pretty good and easy to walk to everywhere including Temple Bar. Only thing regarding cleanliness...we had a private double room and the bedding was NOT clean. And the girls bathroom on the top floor the showers were NOT clean. But hey, everything else was all good!

Isaac hostel is a safe place and we had a nice time there. Though, you need to know that you'll pay 2 euros (overnight) for lockers, even if you brought your own chain (its not big but you should know it). Also, one of the guys at the reception in the morning was very macho (everytime we spoke, he said something macho to by boyfriend about us...) Come on! 21st century! And he was not really helpful either, spoke very fast. But the other guys were REALLY nice so Im sure I was'nt lucky.

Nice hostel in a good location but there was no atmosphere. the wifi didn't work in the room, the staff at the counter were nice but the cleaners were very rude and I thought €6.50 was a bit much for laundry

Thanks for your review .We are so sorry you did n't feel any atmosphere during your stay ,this is highly unusual as normally we get great feedback on this-maybe it was an unusually quiet day ?The Wifi is offered in common areas . Disappointed that you found the cleaners rude this should not be the case at all but we check this out . We like to keep prices down for our hostelers and our Laundry rates are cheaper than laundrettes in the area

Tout était parfait hormis l'isolation phonique de la chambre: Bruit du tramway et des sanitaires.

Merci tellement heureux que vous aimez, Désolé si aucun bruit vous perturbé Ps nous ne avons bouchons d'oreille pour les dormeurs légers prochaine fois que vous êtes de retour

Great hostel. The facilities were very good with free sauna, pool table and reading room in the basement. The atmosphere was wonderful and I enjoyed the walking tour and pub crawl they advertised. The downside was that there weren't lockers in the bedroom and to store anything overnight in the lockers downstairs would have cost extra. Also there didn't seem to be any way of adjusting the water temperature in showers. The water was warm, but I would've liked it a bit cooler. Breakfast was alright

The staff was more than exellent, please add a tick box perfect.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sweet.. thank you !

solid hostel, very expensive but then so is all of Dublin. has 2 or 3 areas that could be the common area meaning all areas didn't really have a real social feel. I would highly recommend here, no massive draw backs except the common area feel. highly recommend, also staff are pretty Sweet.