Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

One member of staff was very rude. overwise very good!

Eu gostaria de apontar apenas um problema, uma das funcionárias foi muito rude comigo e com todos os outros pelo que estava vendo. Ela é natural do USA e foi totalmente desnecessário o modo que ela falava mas todos os outros funcionários foram muito simpáticos e tivemos um ótimo natal junto! Adorei a estadia e com certeza se passar por belfast de novo me hospedarei ai.

I had a great two nights at Isaacs. Everything was fairly clean (except for a problem on the toilets that was reported and fixed) and staff was great!

Great to hear your comments Thank you

This place is great. It's my go to hostel when I come to dublin. The only problem I found was no wifi in the rooms. Besides that everything was fabulous

Thanks very much . We are concerned about introducing Wifi to the Dorms as this could disrupt the sleep of others and we think it is more sociable in hostel environment, but we are looking into it!

I wish the showers would be heated. They were cold!!!

This hostel was great! Staff were friendly. Wifi speed was good. I wouldn't stay here again though because there were no lockers

Thanks for your comments - We do have 24hour lockers in the basement.

Fantastic location, great staff, great security. Wifi good, just easier if it were in rooms also. Good if every bed had their own electrical plug as you share with others and in inconvenient spots, lamp so you can see your area and it's not too bright for others when sleeping and maybe a pocket at the top of the bed to put your phone or book etc, so you won't have to hop in and out and risk making too much noise. Great pub crawls & a free walking tour every day, great way to meet new people!

Many thanks for your kind and useful comments - we would love to make the changes suggested and will be looking at this in 2015

Staff was awesome! They made the stay in Dublin a unique experience.

So glad to hear this. Thanks

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff are great, would definitely stay again. On the down side, the showers were all stone cold one of the mornings I was there on all 3 floors, and the internet connection on their free computer is almost hopeless. Apart from that, Isaacs is a great play to stay.

Thanks for comments - I am sorry about the showers we did seen to have a problem that weekend . The Internet is now much improved

Walking into this place, I felt confident I had chosen the perfect place because of the cozy decor. It went a little downhill from there however. The kitchen has some modern appliances but for some reason gave off a grimy vibe. The bathrooms were new but the worst part of all was the push button showers. The water was cold and lasted a grand total of 5 seconds. Of course it saves water because you get so exhausted of pushing the button that eventually you just give up.

Fix the shower hot water pressur problem. It's not that i don't like cold water (ehm) but you know.. better have the choice, especially when winter is coming yo

• 17th Dec 2014

Thanks- we seen to have had a problem during your stay but it was fixed . Our apologies

Very clean and new hostel. Good facilities-nice bathrooms and well qpequipped kitchen. Good basic breakfast. Really helpful friendly staff. Would have liked lockers in the rooms but overall a very good quality hostel and enjoyed my time here.

El hostal esta bueno. Se puede ir caminando a todos lados. Lo malo es que no tienen lockers en las habitaciones. Y que las duchas no estan buenas. Hay veces q no sale agua caliente

Muchas Gracias

There was no hot water for shower not even warm ! Experienced water cut off for a day which is a disaster .

• 16th Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

I am so sorry to hear this this is most unusual .

Good location, good value for money. No lockers on the rooms and only WiFi in reception. Kitchen well equipped and good lounge area.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Staff was great, really helpful. Rooms were a little noisy but nothing you wouldn't expect in a hostel. Really enjoyed our time at Isaac's (we even came back there a few days later, when returning from our road trip to the west coast).

• 14th Dec 2014

Great staff, many free act. including sauna, pool table, free breakfast ... Great place to stay in general.

• 14th Dec 2014
  • Croatia

Many Thanks

The staff were very friendly and always available to help. The hostel was also clean, warm and has some great facilities

une ambiance de dingue, une auberge super accueillante, franchement je ne regrette pas du tout d'avoir choisi cette auberge!!!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Merci Beaucoup

it's a hostel so i think it would appreciate a late breakfast and not just until 9.30

• 12th Dec 2014

Thanks for our comments - we are considering this but find many hostellers want to be out exploring Dublin early and like the early breakfast fur Catching Flights and tours etc