Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Bit of a party hostel when I was there. Great facilities, helpful staff, lots going on. A bit noisy, but still recommended. Take ear plugs.

Staff was awesome and helped us with all of our questions! The atmosphere was great and the rooms were clean. The only down side was there were no in room lockers, we had to rent one in the basement, but it was no biggie! Overall great place to stay and would definitely recommend

• 26th Mar 2015

Many Many thanks

Great things: the staff, the breakfast and the localization. The bathrooms were cleaned everyday too. Bad things: no plugs in the common bathroom, no elevator, no wifi in the rooms (although the connection was great at the reception) and the beds didn't have their own light nor plugs.

I am wondering that why did you take €10 deposit for my booking because when I booked this night from the website I already payed €4.62 deposit? Otherwise I like that hostel and I stayed couple of nights there and when I returned to Dublin after 2 nights in Belfast I decided to stay at St Isaacs again instead of hotel.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Finland

Hi The €10 deposit was for the locker key - This was refunded to you - sorry for any confusion and hope to see you back again

Staff are very knowledgeable and willing to show you all their favourite pubs and tourist spots

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

They certainly are ! Thank you

Staff gives good recommendations what to do/see.

A bit noisey, but ok

• 22nd Mar 2015

good value for money, stuff is nice and helpful, and the hostel is clean. nice kitchen and common space. close to main street, not far from most of turist attractions. problem is with showers, as timer for shower ends up in every 10 sec so you need to press it all the time... but water is warm :)”

Ideal for a stay in Dublin where you can meet very Kind people. Atmosphere cosy and friendly.

• 21st Mar 2015

Good atmosphere, friendly staff. Bathrooms somewhat dirty

I really loved the atmosphere. The only thing that was annoying was that there was no wifi in the rooms but in the common area. Besides that I have nothing to complain about.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Good things to know about this hostel, the wifi is only in the common areas, not your room. The breakfast is minimal. The floors creak very loudly whenever anyone on he floor above you walks so bring ear plugs. The free walking tour in the morning was very informative and a nice way to get to know Dublin. This hostel is a good choice if you're just looking for s place to sleep at night.

Overall our stay was fine. The main issues for me were that the floors in the rooms were very creaky and so when people came in late or got up early it woke me up. Also there were no lockers in our room so there was no way to secure my stuff without paying for a locker which I didn't want to do.

• 19th Mar 2015

awful creaking beds, plain rooms (no bed lights, hardly any hooks, some rooms very small)

Best Hostel in Dublin! It was my 2nd stay in Isaacs Hostel! Next year i will come back - also to Isaacs Hostel!

Helpful staff, clean, the kitchen had a few quirks, as in only one oven works, and it only seems to throw heat from the top. But if you won't to be doing much of your own cooking that shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your comments , we will check out the ovens immediately

very clean room, new towels/linens every day, hostel was very clean overall. atmosphere was great. i traveled alone and stayed for 6 nights. wasn't bored once. people hang out in the common areas and are very friendly. location is perfect for shops, pubs, restaurants. Stephen's green/grafton street shops 10-20 minutes depending. temple bar was about a 10 minute walk if your into that. not a bad walk to guinness factory. central bus station is around the corner. A++ hostel.

• 17th Mar 2015

Great location. Good atmosphere. Definitely take advantage of the free walking tours and the cheap pub crawl, good way to get to know people. Staff are very friendly. Could do with more bathrooms though for being such a big hostel.

Isaacs was a great hostel to stay at if you're looking to explore Dublin. They offer the average backpacker a lot for their money in terms of facilities and resources for additional tours outside, and inside of the city. I really enjoyed my stay there, but i think there are a few things worth mentioning that one should know before making the choice to stay here. 1: They're located next to a train bridge (noisy) 2: Push-button showers (just frustrating) 3: Birds in the kitchen (not clean)

Great atmosphere at Issacs hostel. Definitely my first choice of hostel if I ever go back to Dublin!