Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I had a problem with my reservation that wasn't properly registered after I checked in. The staff handed it very well giving me some alternatives as all the other beds were taken. They also returned my money for 2 of the nights. Excellent service

• 15th Aug 2013
  • Romania

I used to stay at Isaac's frequently up to around 2010. I searched for it first. I was pleased with some changes that happened since my last stay. I liked the basement with the comfortable chairs and good wifi. Will stay again when I have a good reason to be in Dublin.

P L E A S E S T O P T H I S S T U P I D S P A M ! ! !

• 13th Aug 2013
  • Switzerland
  • All Female Group, 41+

I absolutely loved Isaac's the people were great the location was great everything was great! I would definitely recommend.

Well...I was a little bit disappointed about the renewal of the kitchen! The new kitchen is very nice, ideed, but there is less space and now only two sinks and two ovens! There used to be 6 of each! For that, when the hostel is fully booked, cooking is as near as impossible, not to speak doing the dishes! what´s more...the kitchen used to be tidier! To say something positive...I like the new arrangement with the breakfast-buffet! To include the Isaac´s Deli seemed to be a good idea!

• 12th Aug 2013

I think I would have a hard time trying any other hostel. Isaac's is my go-to. Feels like my second home!

Friendly and helpful staff

All and all a great little hostel, nice and big with multiple common rooms some for mingling and others for quiet reading, with wifi (not in rooms). breakfast was standard (toast, cereal, coffee, tea, juice). regular walking tour of city every morning which was great and fantastic free pub crawl. free movie night at sister hostel Jacobs in every night, available bike hire and Jacuzzi!!!! Kitchen kinda small for such a big hostel but hardly a problem. staff were also very friendly and helpful

Overall good experience. Only issue was with the guy who worked during the day Saturday and in the morning Sunday. Horrible sense of humor. If you didn't laugh at the way he tried to joke around and if you didn't entertain his odd comments he became rude to the point you didn't even want to come to the reception to ask for help. I've also heard similar stories about him from other people staying there. Other than that, all good.

I thought it was all fantastic except for the tram passing through right next to the hostel. Every twenty minutes it seemed like when you were trying to sleep there was a grating metal noise; it sounded like a steel mill and it made sleep very difficult.

The staff were amazing and friendly, helpful with any requests.

• 10th Aug 2013
  • Singapore

Great spot, stayed twice and while stay again. From co Armagh and its a nice cheap place to stay when goin to football matches in Dublin. Plus Parkin at connolly station is 10mins walk and €8 a day.

• 10th Aug 2013

Hand dryer not working, Wifi not easily accessible on ground floor. Staff incredibly friendly & helpful, safe environment, was disappointed that free lockers were not available in rooms.

Great hostel, with welcoming staff and good value for money. It's definitely a good place to stay no matter what type of travels you're on. I went out one night with people I met, stayed in and did some work another night, and the kitchen is good as well!

Isaacs' is a cozy hostel located about a minute walk from the main bus station in Dublin city center. The seating area at the reception made for a relaxing social atmosphere. The staff were helpful and provided a great service. Facilities were cleanly and in working order, however it seems that the fan in our dorm wasn't working, which made for a very warm night's sleep. Regardless, I would stay at Isaacs' many more nights if I could. Great value for money. Thanks for the hospitality!

Biggest downside is that it is located directly across from train tracks with trains that run continuously throughout the night. Very loud. The staff was very helpful and accomodating.

Was nice staying there, it´s clean at least thats what I can say about the ladies facilities. It near the railway so depending on the room it´s a bit noisy, also the the hostel itself (but thats probably normal near the city and with lots of people) however its near Dublin city centre, the staff ist real nice and helpful. For light sleepers I recommend ear plugs.

Very nice and helpful staff. Room was decent and very happy over all with stay!

If you are looking to get any sleep at all, Isaac's Hostel is not the place to stay! The place was insanely loud, when I walked in the staff said they were messing with a cell phone they had found, and it felt very overcrowded. Definitely the place for people who are only looking for an unclean and loud party.

My friend and I had a great time staying at the hostel. The basement is really cool to hang out and chill, breakfast is included and the bathrooms were clean.