Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

i think this is the perfect hostel, surely the best one i've never seen. Clean, safe, nice atmosphere, super staff ( Renata the account manager is simply fantastic ! ) good music, free SAUNA !...maybe they have just to improve the internet free wi fi connection in the basement and in the relax area..but it works ! So guys thank you all, you are doing an excellent job ! Fabio from Italy

• 22nd Feb 2014

Thank you very much for your great review - we love reviews like yours!

I stayed in 14 bed dorm, staff and location was nice, bathroom clean enough. There were no shelfs, chairs or something where you coul put your staff on. There was hot in room even when the window was wide open and noise from room above like someone is building there, my bed was shaking. I couldn´t sleep because I was roasting and it was soo noisy there. I stayed here for second time, for the first time in 8 bed dom, temperature was same. I will find other place to sleep next time in Dublin.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We will investigate your comments about the shelfs and chairs and see what we can do.

absolutely the best hostel staff i have ever seen at a hostel!! they made the place. I will most def come back and visit. thank you guys for an amazing time. and always being available. :)

• 19th Feb 2014
  • Curyyy
  • Puerto Rico

Thanks so much for your great review - we love guests like you!

We booked the Shuttle bus to the airport, because at 5 am in the morning at sunday it was the only possibility to get there(except taxi). It was 30 min late but it was ok because the driver drove like hell so we arrived in time at the airport :) that was the only negative point but it was not too bad!

• 19th Feb 2014

Thanks for your great review. Sorry the shuttle was late - it is run by another company so unfortunately we have no control over them.

Met some cool people here. Staff were ok, kitchen was a mess the whole time though.

I didn't like this hostel. But it's not the hostel fault, it's just that if you are coming here, it would be far better if you are in a group (4+) since there are lots of instances to share in the hostel, and you won't even need to go to a pub. But everything is always busy, the nice library, the dining room, etc., and there's only WiFi in the ground floor, which makes all the facilities busy at all times. If you are in a group, don't hesitate. Book and have a nice time.

So sorry you didn't enjoy staying at our hostel but I note you gave us top marks for facilities and location so thanks so much for that.

El lugar es inseguro (la calle) y hay mucho ruido en el exterior, aparte el tren pasa muy temprano y se escucha todo.

Sorry you don't appear to have enjoyed your stay. The area is quite safe and we don't have problems with our guests having bad experiences in the area.

The staff are amazing. They help you figure things out on your trip. They have great day tours they can book for you. And a awesome pub crawl. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin. But I had a great stay. Cheers

• 15th Feb 2014

I wish we could do something about the thin walls but I don't think thats possible. You just have to keep the noise down!! So glad you enjoyed your stay. We love the staff too!!!

Great hostel! Very central location!

• 15th Feb 2014

There was nothing I didn't love about this hostel. Staff were friendly. They had wonderful recommendations on things to go to see and do. The breakfast was certainly a little different and a bit more wholesome than many hostels. The only thing that would let Isaacs down would be the showers. Even at the best of times, the water is only warm and that's not fun in Winter. I still loved our stay, the people and the location was simply fantastic.

Thanks so much for your review. Do come again.

A really awesome hostel, by far the best I have ever stayed in. Fantastic atmosphere, plus the fact they have a sauna on premises!

We love reviews like yours - do come again.

The showers on the floor are a bit gross, and the security/lack of lockers in big dorms could be improved, but overall it's a place with a lively vibe and is fine to stay in for a couple of days.

Thanks for your review - we do have lockers in the basement and we try to keep security tight.

I really enjoyed my stay at Isaacs hostel, thanks!!!

Thanks so much for your great review - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

nice hostel! they have really nice staff and i met people there! i went back to that hostel so i enjoyed it

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

No complaints. Very modern facilities. Wifi is temperamental, especially if you are on apple products, but thats not enough to downgrade the place. The daily locker charge i could have done without.

Thanks for your great review. Do come again.

Très bon moment passé dans l'auberge. Nous sommes restées un week end, qui nous a semblé vraiment trop court! Le personnel est très agréable et disponible et le lieu agréable et convivial.

• 8th Feb 2014

Merci beaucoup - nous sommes contents que vous avez passe un séjour agréable a Dublin.

As always, I had a great stay at Isaacs. The staff are always really friendly and the atmosphere with all the other guests is great.

Great to hear and thanks so much.

Very good hostel, perhaps more for the 20's backpackers.

Thanks very much - we welcome all ages with open arms

Good place. Good times

• 31st Jan 2014

This place was actually a better than I thought. Note: Although there is no internet in the rooms, this was actually the best thing, in comparison to many other hostels you can always find somebody to talk to everyday, especially best for me since I was traveling alone. Will you make friends? totally up to you . Close to many shops. Great atmosphere for also a great price. Come make friends. and be social.