Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

This hostel really needs to upgrade its security. There were a few thefts while I was there, including one of my bags which contained items which are irreplaceable and only valuable to me. The thefts were done by an outsider which is the part which disappoint me a lot.

We are so sorry to hear about the theft of your valuables . We understand and appreciate that this would be very distressing. We take security very seriously with Electronic key cards to all areas and dorms and it is unusual and very regrettable that this should happen .We do have notices around the hostel and always advise customers to use safe and lockers for their valuables . Our staff were able to help with contact with the Police and that your valuables may be retrieved

Isaacs is a fun hostel in a good location, great atmosphere and friendly staff, everything you need at a great price. Would stay there again.

This was a great hostel to stay in, so much so that my second trip to Dublin I automatically went back. The location is great for accessing the rest of Ireland since its so close to Busara and its relatively close to the trinity bar area although it will take 10 minutes walking. Facilities were good and it was a pretty easy place to meet people. Altogether what you´d want in a hostel.

Lovely feedback .Thanks a million

Super friendly staff. The hostel is located right across the street from the bus, tram, and train stations which is convenient. Tourist attractions are no more than a 20 minute walk through the city center. The hostel itself is a great facility, with an extensive basement for games and quiet study. Security could be a little tighter. While I was there a girl got her electronics stolen from her room by someone not at the hostel. Staff said nothing about this, I heard it from another traveler.

Many thanks for your kind comments, In relation to the theft from a hostellers we do have notices around the hostel and advise customers to use safe and lockers for valuables . We take security very seriously with Electronic key cards to all areas and dorms and it is unusual l and very regrettable that this should happen

delighted with the hostel, very pleasing!

Thank you and you are very welcome again

Some staff were more than willing to help and others weren't. No wifi in rooms the wireless kept cutting out. Shower facilities were good.

Showers were not very clean, low water pressure and you had to hold a button in to keep the water flowing... made it hard to wash. The hostel in general was just average.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. People were so friendly and helpful, and the rooms were very clean (even though I was in a 16 person room). The sauna was lovely. I have no bad words at all -- Isaacs was wonderful!

• 11th Jan 2014

Hearty praise indeed .We really appreciate it -thank you !

This Hostel has got very friendly assistances, allways helpful, friendly and funny. This Hostel is highly recommended!

• 9th Jan 2014

Danke schon !

Great location if you want easy access to main bus and train stations. Very easy walk to temple bar district as well. It's a big place, so it's nice if you're looking to run into a lot of fellow travellers/backpackers. It's a cool old building, nice lounge upstairs and in the basement. Nothing too exciting, but it was a good stay at a good price.

Thanks for your fab feedback and for highlighting so,e of our best features !

Isaacs is great! Well worth it to be close to everything without forking out half your savings!

Thanks- pleased we ticked all the boxes !

No wifi in the rooms, and the bathroom facilities were some of the worst we encountered in our 2 months of travel. The hostel itself provides a good opportunity to meet other travelers as everyone is forced to hang out in the lobby via the wifi situation, but be warned the facilities itself are very basic. The hostel is about 20 min walk from Temple Bar area.

The best part about the hostel is the sauna! Perfect after a sightseeing day! Also the staff was very helpful and friendly. At breakfast we missed cheese for the toast... Also I wouldn't like to walk Frenchmans Lane alone by night. It didn't look that safe. But we were in a group, so it was fine.

• 31st Dec 2013

The Isaacs team is 24/24h avaliable for questions or offer advices to visit the interesting places. Thanks

• 31st Dec 2013

I'm glad a stayed at this hostel since it had a very social atmosphere. I definitely reccomend this place if your a solo-traveler. It's very easy to meet people here and having daily Pub Crawls also helps. Only thing I didn't enjoy was the terrible Wifi Connection, and the fact i couldn't get it in my room. Other than Wifi, it's a great place to stay at and I highly recommend it to anyone trying to have a good time and experience Dublin.

If you go to Dublin for holiday you have to go to Isaacs Hostel! Beautiful atmosphere and nice people!!

I liked the hostel very much: staff is very friendly, beds are comfortable and clean (which is very important), bath facilities are good. Would go there again.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Austria

Overall a good hostel. There's no lockers in the room. There's not that many bathrooms and the water "saving" feature on the faucets, showers and toilets are a real annoyance, 2 seconds of water flow is not enough to wash your hands. Toilets were not nice because it took about 5 minutes for the water closet to refill, so more than often you walked in to an unflushed toilet. Kitchen rather small given the number of people staying at the hostel. Kitchen equipment was poor, pots and pans were old.

What a great Hostel! I won't ever stay in any other place when I will go back to Dublin! And the staff is very nice and totally helpful! :D

It was an amazing week at Isaacs Hostel ! Everybody was very friendly and we had a wonderful time !

• 28th Dec 2013