Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great value for money, for sure!

Thanks - we aim to offer the best value in accommodation in Dublin. Leaves more money for enjoying the city.

Isaacs is a huge hostel but only feels like it at breakfast (go early!) or if you're trying to cook dinner at the same time as everyone else. Staff were very helpful--clearly they've heard every question about Ryanair and even had bag scales at the ready! It was nice to be away from Temple Bar. If you stay out late and walk home alone after a few, be attentive--the hostel is under a bridge and down an alley from the main street, and can be a little hard to find. However, I never felt unsafe.

I was disappointed by this place . The atmosphere is good if you want to party and meet lots of people. But it's too big overall. The floors don't have nearly enough bathrooms or toilets for the number of people sleeping there. But the worst aspect of this place is the noise! The doors slam constantly - all night and early in the morning. Combined with the hair-dryers in the morning in the hall, it's like a symphony of endless tuneless noise that is designed to prevent any decent sleep.

Staff member made me run up and down three flights of stairs three times as he was unlocking the room bedroom door on my swipe card. The hostel was not that friendly and I did not sleep well as my room was level with a main railway track. However, the hostel was immaculate throughout and breakfast was excellent.

Sorry you had a problem with your swipe card - unfortunately it happens on a rare occasion and the receptionist probably couldn't leave the front desk unattended. However we do pride ourselves on having very friendly helpful staff so we will be investigating your comments.

What you'd expect from a hostel, nothing too amazing but nothing to complain about either. Was good for a night's stay

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you had a good experience.

Please fix the fire alarms! They went off every day I was there, twice around 8 in the morning - set off by the showers apparently... Other than that, it was a nice hostel and the staff were great!

• 24th Apr 2014

Don't worry it is sorted now. That really never happens normally.

The kitchen felt small and unwashed. The downstairs lounge was really nice, but I only headed down there because the wifi didn't work in the rooms. Breakfast was good, and they do the dishes! At one point, my friend and I went to the neighboring hostel for the nightly movie and popcorn. The guy at Jacob's snapped and said it would be a few minutes. An hour later, we headed back to Isaacs because they never began the movie. We weren't the only ones waiting.

Thanks for your review. I don't like to hear that a staff member in Jacobs snapped at you and I will be looking into this. We will also look into the issue about the movie. However I do assure you that we clean the kitchen every single day. However if guest leave a mess at night, it won't be sorted out until our staff come in the next morning so we ask our guests to tidy up after themselves and most of them actually do.

Nice facility in a convenient location. Nice breakfast and seemed cleaned. Not enough bathrooms on our floor but good otherwise.

Thanks for your review We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Very simple breakfast.

Thanks for your review. Yes breakfast is just a simple light breakfast which we offer free of charge to our guests.

Personally I thought it was kind of a sketchy location and it was loud when I walked in, but I think that's just because everyone was using the kitchen (which was a very nice feature!). The beds were very comfortable and they even gave us towels (upon request). Only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get wifi in my room (I had to go to the lobby area). Also I expected the bathroom to be in my room (I had a twin private), but it was right outside my room.

Thanks for posting your review. All the rooms at Isaacs are standard. For ensuite rooms we recommend you stay at our sister hostel Jacobs Inn. We only have wifi in the lobby area as we want our guests to talk to each other! Also as most of our bedrooms are dormitory we can't really have people tapping away on their computers or watching movies etc while others are trying to sleep.

Tres bonne place mais sans plus.

Merci beaucoup.

Iso hostelli, jossa 3 kerrosta. Sijainti on kaupungissa hyvä, mutta sijaitsee aivan kiinni dart rautatietä ja junan melu kuuluu hyvin sisälle. Omassa huoneessani ovi pamahti voimalla kiinni, joten herkkäuniselle ei paras vaihtoehto. Muuten perushyvä hostelli. Saunaa en valitettavasti ehtinyt testata, Dublinissa riitti nähtävää ja kierreltävää. Hieno kaupunki. Hostellissa keittiö ja yleisessä tilassa aina paljon väkeä ja rohkeasti mukaan menemällä saa juttuseuraa halutessaan.

Thanks for your positive review.

Such a nice place for young people to stay at, had a blast :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Muy Bien! El hostal estaba en el centro de Dublin, la gente en recepción muy amable y atenta . Excelente ambiente y instalaciones adecuadas .

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thanks for your lovely review.

The guy that checked us in had no clue - no good tips about Dublin, rude, messed up our swipe cards many times. We couldn't access the sauna and the opening times for it were terrible which was a shame as this was one of the main reasons we picked this hostel over others. Floor boards in rooms creaked so loudly it was impossible to be quiet so always being woken up. No lockers in the rooms. Wouldn't recommend this hostel.

Sorry you didn't appear to have enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into your comments and see where we can improve things. The running of the sauna is very costly and we just can't have it running all day long when most of our guest are out sightseeing - but it is open daily.

Muy ruidoso por el mal mantenimiento de el edificio: suelo, paredes y techos

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Lamentable creía que nuestro parador era ruidoso - somos un parador grande.

I really enjoyed my stay. Isaac's should consider replacing some of the beds as not a comfortable sleep otherwise great place!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks for your comments - we will look into your comment about the beds.

Great staff - great atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend as its easy to get to and from the airport. Everything is in walking distance and you're not right in the heart of the loud neighborhoods.

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Too noisy

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really nice and the place was super clean. The bathrooms were immaculate and there was plenty of hot water.

Thanks so much for your great review. Do come again.