Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I enjoyed my stay at Isaacs Hostel. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and there were many common areas for travelers to hang out. It was very social, but also felt a bit cramped because there are so many people staying there. It is in a good location, where you can walk almost anywhere in the city. The wifi only works in the common areas, which was inconvenient. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Really great place to stay. The staff are very helpful every time I talked to them; they got me an extra pillow and towel, helped with printing and gave great directions. Felt very safe here as a solo female. Breakfast was simple but very much appreciated. The only thing I found weird was the lockers were downstairs in the basement but at least they were very big and there was cameras so your stuff is safe. Usually the lockers are 2euros a night but the guy gave it to me for free so thank you!:)

I'm too old for this.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Spain

This hostel is one of the best we've ever seen (and we've experienced quite a few !) Great location, staff really friendly and helpful ! The hostel has a really nice atmosphere with free breakfast, free wifi & free locker when you check out and you only leave Dublin by the end of the day. I recommend it strongly ! The only tiny thing was the noise the first night but the second night was far better !

My friend and I had a great time at isaacs. We've been back twice already during our time in ireland, and plan to go back for one more night before we leave. It has a great atmosphere, wonderful staff, and good facilities. We made quite a few friends during our time there, and always felt that our belongings were safe and in good hands. 10/10. My one thing to new comers would be to make sure you check which bathroom you're using, I thought all the bathrooms were coed! I was wrong!

fairly sketchy place with an awkward mix of people. I would not recommend staying here. There are no lockers in individual rooms. It's very hot in the rooms, which makes the rooms smell. The hostel smells like a frat house. I was very happy when we left.

• 6th Jul 2015

Basic but friendly. Good value, good location (in spite of the alley-like entrance)

A bit noisy because of the train nearby, and very dirty. But the staff is really nice, and it's cool to have the possibility of letting our suitcase for free on the first and last day.

• 5th Jul 2015

I was in Room 219 (the 12 or 14 bed female dorm) which is directly opposite the Female Showers / Toilets. This room is really badly ventilated. There is only a window on one side & even though it was opened all the time, there was ZERO air flow into the room. The heat from the hot showers directly opposite meant this room is just EXTRA HOT. There is no ventilation fan or ceiling fan in the corridor outside the Female showers & also no ceiling or wall fans inside the dorm room. It was HOT.

More clean, especially during the hours everyone is coming back drunk. I couldn't go in the bathroom without gagging it smelled so bad.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this place!

There are really not enough toiletts and showers for all. Think about nearly 15 girls in the morning and only 2 toiletts and 2 washbasins! You know how a washbasin looks like, when they all are finished...

Some of the staff were very kind, but some were rude. Weren't extremely helpful, kind of just explained the basics and sent you on your way. The room was boiling hot and I'd wake up every night sweating. They do free walking tours and a paid for pub crawl. We did the pub crawl and it was pretty fun. The location is a little bit out of the way so we'd have to walk to city center every day, but it only takes about 10-15 minutes. There wasn't much of an atmosphere so it was a little boring.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Amazing and very helpful staff. The rooms were hot and stuffy and the was often freezing cold water in the showers. Overall a great hostel for its size.

Rooms were very hot and floors creaked very loudly. Doors slammed frequently. Wifi only available in common areas, nowhere to hang stuff in showers.

Arrived at isaacs for the acdc concert on Wednesday and had forgot my photo ID as I had changed my bag and purse before travelling! fortunately my husband had some on him, a massive thank you to guy on reception for accepting it... My daughter had recommended isaacs hostel to me and I can see why, friendly staff, super clean bedrooms/bathrooms, I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin, I most definitely will be visiting again.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

Creaky floors are annoying. Showers have no shelves/space to put your belongings when you're taking a shower (other than at the very top, on a small ledge with the risk of your things falling off anyways). There is no door to the shower/toilet, so people walking by can see it. This also makes the hallway/floor VERY humid.

• 30th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere. Only downfall was wifi only worked in the common room. Showers were not very good and the rooms were hot

No lift facilities, not good for the tenant who bringing big, heavy luggage Even luggage room also far from reception, and there was complicated process to use it. Breakfast also too light, not enough, some bowls were empty, nobody did care.

It as a lovely stay with great people. Will definitely have to come and stay again