Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Has everything you need in a hostel but had a few nagging problems. I have never complained about wifi in a review before but the wifi here just irritated me. To connect to the internet you had to check-in at Isaac's on Facebook... every time. It never worked so I had to keep getting one of the guys at reception to do it for me. So if you don't have Facebook you can't use wifi. Also you have to rent a locker from them for 2 euro a day, as well as put a 10 euro deposit on the key.

I had a really nice stay at Isaacs. The staff was very helpful, the location was within walking distance to all of the major sites in Dublin, everyone was friendly and it was a nice atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again on a return trip to Dublin!

• 17th Oct 2013

Highly recommend this place. The staff is really friendly and helpful and it's a comfortable place.

• 17th Oct 2013

The 16 bed dorm was a symphony of snoring, but you could buy ear plugs for 0.50 euros which helped a lot. I didn't appreciate however and there was no fix was that the bunk beds were angled away from the wall in order to accommodate them all in the room, leaving one side with a railing and one side without railing, meaning you could roll right out of the top bunk. Kitchen, common room, tv area and reading facilities were excellent however, very nice place to be.

great hostel, could be better located but dublin is so small it hardly matters. free breakfast is literally just toast and jelly but the facilities are awesome and really nice bathrooms and huge showers.

Pretty good location, just north of all the main attractions and near O'Connell's and a bus stop to get to and from the airport easily. That said, it is in a slightly dodgy area, saw some one get mugged on my way to the hostel the first night. Also there is NO HOT WATER at all, enjoy your freezing showers. Also, I don't want to have to sign in on facebook at the hostel every time I want to use the wifi.

Loved the sauna and free breakfast!

So happy you loved the hostel - we like reviews like yours!

The hostel was very nice and offered a lot of fun activities/specials for it's guests! The only downsides are that the Wi-Fi is only available on the first floor and the common areas, and the breakfast is good, but it's only bread and cereal; not much of a selection. Nonetheless, it was a great place to stay! :)

Very great hostel. I will go back there for mu next stay in Dublin

I was only at Isaac's for a night. It was perfect for me for it was right off Connolly Station. The staff Hannah and another friendly man (I'm sorry I forgot his name!) were helpful and polite. The room was very clean as were the toilets.

Such a beautiful hostel, will stay again next time

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - we love it too!

for being a hostel Isaacs was absolutely AMAZING!!! :) and the staff was great and extremely helpful!

• 11th Oct 2013

Thank you so much - we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - do come again.

I had a nice experience at Isaacs. The location was great, with a friendly atmosphere and staff.

• 11th Oct 2013

The only improvement I could see is if there were lockers in the rooms. Aside from that small thing, this hostel was awesome and I had a fantastic time!

Our group of six had a great time at Isaac's. We ranged in age from 30 -58, so not your usual students /young traveler. We all felt very welcome by the staff and other guests. Our room was clean and tidy. The doors were very heavy which made us feel safe as we were on a mixed floor. We had booked out the whole room so we didn't share with anyone. The hostel pub crawl was great, they took us to some nice pub/bars/night clubs. Everything was in easy walking distance & we would all stay again.

• 11th Oct 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay despite your advanced years !... Just joking we get a great age range of here . Thanks for super feedback

The noisiest place I have ever slept in. The rooms are so small that you can barely stand beside the bed. Very expensive for that.

We ae so sorry that you were disappointed. It was very busy during your stay in the Hostel . We do offer ear plugs for lighter sleepers and some of the rooms are very spacious. We will email you direct

The staff was awesome! Maybe offer an earlier breakfast option for those that have to leave early for flights or tours (it can just be something small).

• 10th Oct 2013

I like the design of this hostel and people (both staff and backpackers) were very nice! The only thing is that its located next to the train station so its really noisy at night!!! Also the floor + bed squeaks a lot so its very hard to be quiet in the room at night! Other than that its a great hostel

Thanks for your review - so glad you liked the hostel - we do have ear plugs at Reception for our light sleepers!

Isaac's Hostel has very fun and helpful staff, as well as a welcoming and lively atmosphere that makes you feel right at home.

• 10th Oct 2013

To make you feel at home is our goal - Delighted we acheived that.

Loved the comforters, they were so cozy!

We are not sure if you mean the Duvets, throws or the staff But thanks !