Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is really nice, great atmosphere and awesome free sauna!

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you !

It was a nice stay, although I missed a bar or something to drink a beer in the evening. It was next to the main station so really easy to find, and they had a bike shed for my bike which was nice in Dublin. Price/quality was really good.

Thanks for your comments . Sorry no bar at the moment but you can bring your own and chill out with a beer in the communal areas with other guests. Hope you found your way around Dublin on the Bike easy enough. !

Overall, it was a good hostel. Enjoyed the stay and close to Temple Bar and the city centre area of Dublin, good value.

• 27th Nov 2013

Many thanks.

I was only here for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! Great kitchen, common area, lounge area and there's a pool table and sauna! Staff were very helpful. Only downside is that it isn't in temple bar but that's only a 5 min walk.

Lovely feedback . Thanks.

Had an incredible time, Isaac's really salvages and cleans up the name Hostel from the down-and-out-dodgy-backpacker-stereotype!! Intending to stay again, excellent everything!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Lovely lovely comments and see you soon we hope.

The Staff were extraordinarie, love frome sweden! (Movember)

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you thank you! Hope you enjoyed the Mo party!

The staff is extremely rude and unfriendly. Easy to tell they don't enjoy their work. They are impatient and unhelpful. Our party had to deal with managers along with several other staff people and none of them were willing to help us. The lockers are dirty and the rooms smell terrible. We could barely sleep because of the strange smes coming from our rooms. Very gross. Terrible experience.

We are so sorry and surprised to hear your comments . This is so unusual as our staff usually get such really great feedback in reviews. We will certainly investigate further and contact you directly .

We went to Isaacs hostel for four nights. The staff was just perfect, really helpful and welcoming. Because of their good tips, we went to a wonderful one day trip. We could reach the city center by feet in 15 min and we could have access to a big kitchen. Just note that the locker are not free, which could be a bit annoying and that the bathrooms are not so well adapted for a women dormitory. Still we enjoyed our stay and we will recommend this hostel.

Many thanks for your lovely comments - we will also look into how we can improve the women's bathrooms .

It was great fun! The staff were really helpful. Pretty close to everything. Recommend the pub crawl! Oh and thank god there was a TV to watch the Dr. Who 50th anniversary secial, otherwise there would have been tears!

• 20th Nov 2013

Great to hear. Hope the Daleks did n't keep you awake !

I stayed at issac hoster for 1 night. The step is so helpful and kind. Location is good as well. It's so close to bus station and easy to approch dublin airport. One problem is noisy from upstair. I don't know where is the noisy from. It's like foot step but it's so loud. I coudn't sleep because of that.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • South Korea

I had such a great time! the staff was really kind, and not only, i recommend this hostel for all the students who seek fun and don t have verry much money

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Romania

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The kitchen was usually clean however it had a funny smell from the cleaning solution. The fridge could have ben handled better as everyone had old open food crowding the fridge. Good location near the tram. Loved the downstairs lounge!

The WiFi only worked in the main area, which was kind of a bummer, but other than that I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was welcoming and extremely helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

In Dublin for a concert wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful to stay and that's what we got, would recommend Isaccs and would definitely stay there again

• 17th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The worst hostel I have stayed in after three months of hosteling across Europe. The beds are old and rickety. Two power points for an 8 bed dorm. The floors are ridiculously creaky so good luck sleeping. The entire hostel was so hot (in November I was walki around in a t shirt and sweating). They charge you for lockers and when you check out they rip you off and charge even more without providing a valid reason. I would have stayed to argue further but had a plane to catch. So disappointed.

I was disappoined to have to move room having booked originally for two nights which came as a surprise to reception when I arrived. System or hostel...??

• 15th Nov 2013

Nice hostel just staff not really friendly

Great Party hostel, plenty of common areas that are open practically 24hrs. Was there for 10 days and only managed to have 2 showers that were hotter than room temperature.

Great hostel

This is my 2nd time staying at Isaacs and this is my favorite hostel in the world. So much to do, such nice people, great location! Can't say enough nice things. Since I can't stay away from Dublin for long I expect to be back in a year or so.