Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

An awesome place to stay for the amount you pay! Walking distance to all the pubs and very easy to find the place! I reccommend to anyone that's looking for a hostel to stay here!

• 20th Jan 2016

The man's Shower on the first floor aroung room 119 is cold the best kitchen i have seen so far

• 19th Jan 2016

It was an absolutely wonderful place! The staff was so friendly and always willing to help. The facilities was always kept clean and the environment in general was pleasant. The location was absolutely ideal as well as it was just down the road from O'Connell Street which is convenient as the Spire was how I used to get around, really. It was great, I loved it.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

My stay was great. The staff is helpful and the location was perfect!

Great facilities and friendly staff great atmosphere. Only down side i would say is wifi not reaching higher floors and a lack of plugs in the dorms and the communal showers not cleaned on a regular basis during busy times. However overall would stay here again.

• 16th Jan 2016

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay.

Second time i stayed at Isaacs. Number one reason i stay here i the price value. The hostel have pretty much all I ask for when i stay in Dublin. Not the faciest place but good backpacking atmosphere.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

The hostel is really good. The only bad thing is the cold shower :(

• 15th Jan 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast setup wad good and the service by staff was excellent. I appreciate the help you guys gave us specially the lady and gentlemen who checked us in on the 16th. please take some time to give me your names. Thanks to the lady who did the linnen too.. will tell anyone heading that way to check in. look forward to comming back Will likotho suggest thdistur install a few light fittiigs so that one can

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Sri Lanka

So glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm not sure who checked you in but we will look back and see who it was and pass on your comments.

No room to sit in the common area because it's the only place with WiFi. The hostel likes to book groups of school-age kids that run around the hallways yelling. Only 3 toilets per floor to be shared with all rooms without an ensuite. Kitchen is closed at prime lunch hours. The cleaning staff is probably the most rude staff I've encountered anywhere. They treat you like a nuisance instead of a guest. The trains rolling by aren't nearly as loud as the squeaking of the bunk beds.

Great place to stay only flaw is kitchen is too small. Gets over crowded at meal times.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Sorry about the kitchen - we just have to work with what we have. Thankfully it does't get too crowded that often.

Super loud 24/7

Thanks.....I enjoyed my stay!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - do come again.

Isaacs was great! The staff was super friendly and so helpful with everything. The bathrooms were nice because they were separated by gender and they were clean. Loved the people and the vibe there, very welcoming. Really great place and we loved it so much that were staying there again in a week.

We are really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for a great review.

loud music played every night until 11:30. Best to find another option if you want to actually have a decent sleep and get up at a reasonable time.

Sorry you didn;t seem to enjoy your stay. Sorry about the music. We do think 11.30 is an okay time to shut it down as most of our guests don't go to bed until at least midnight. However as you say if you have to get up early this can be a problem.

I had a great time in Dublin and a very pleasant stay at Isaacs! The staff was very friendly, everything was clean, the breakfast was included in the price and was good. I really enjoyed the free walking tour and also the possibility to play billard (maybe position the table so that there's more space on the sides to play) and ping pong.

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Really enjoyed our stay. Staff was super friendly and has great recommendations. Would go back if I ever come in Dublin again! Totally recommending this place! Cheers

• 7th Jan 2016

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoy Isaacs.

I stay at Isaacs every time I'm in Dublin. It's a great location, near the bus and train station, and they have good information on things to do in and around the city. It's generally quiet, not much of a party hostel, which I appreciate.

Thanks for your great review. Hope to see you again soon.

I arrived late, so tried to not make any noise, but the floor boards squeaked something vicious. There was a really bad smell that plagued the second floor, and there were not enough showers, so there was a queue all morning. Location very close to bus station.

I had a very good time at Isaacs Hostel, the room with 6 beds was really wide and with a lot of space. The room and the bathrooms and showers extremely clean. only a little inconvenient: I had several problems with the key cards. I lost one time nearly half an hour try to open my room's door and at the end the girl at the reception was wrong with the number of the room and she did'nt even say " sorry". all the rest was fine.

• 6th Jan 2016

Glad you liked the hostel. Apologies for the problems you had with the key cards.

I've never stayed in a hostel before and I enjoyed my stay immensely. It was a lot more friendly and welcoming than I expected. The staff are always happy to help you find your way around Dublin, and the fact that breakfast was included was wonderful. It is very helpful that there are big lockers available to store suitcases etc. A wonderful stay!

• 6th Jan 2016

Delighted you enjoyed your first stay in a hostel. Do come again.