Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Absolutely fabulous hostel! We stayed in a 3 bed private which was small but clean. The staff was very friendly although we stayed there for NYE and it was extremely busy at the reception. Showers and bathromms could have been a bit better (only 3 toilets and 3 showers per gender per floor), but it worked pretty well. The night of NYE was very noisy and the toilets during the night looked like you would expect it but the next morning at 7 they were already cleaned.

Overall very good. The showers were the main downfall. Couldn't change the temp and they were either too cold or burning hot.

Within easy walking distance of just about anything in the city, but at the same time removed from the touristy parts of Temple Bar. Great atmosphere and staff. Security was great, after hours guests had to be buzzed in at the door and verified. Staff were knowledgeable, friendly, and all around great folks. Pub crawl was a blast.

• 29th Dec 2014

Nice communal area staffed with friendly and helpful people at the reception. But no wifi in rooms, showers are cold (FREEZING if you have an early morning one), no lockers in rooms, few power sockets, and very thin floors (you can hear every creaking floorboard from upstairs). Not one of my most enjoyable hostel stays but it did the (minimum) job.

Love the front space where you can sit chat or use your computer!

Very cool hostel, just wish I had more time to spend there and enjoy the atmosphere. An awesome friendly vibe from the second you walk in the door, everyone was hanging out by the fire and chatting easily. Staff are excellent and are great to have a laugh with. Will definitely try to come back!

There is a really good atmosphere, people are very respectful one to each other and it is a really nice place to know people and make friends. I have enjoyed Isaacs Hostels too much and now I am missing it so much... I hope to come back next summer. ; )

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel, unfortunately facilities weren't so great when staying. The toilets wouldn't flush and showers were cold. Also a girl was not so respectful in our room and turned on the light for a good period of time at 3am. But that could happen anywhere.

The showers were cold and the kitchen was dirty and too small. The soundproofing in the bedroom is inadequate. We ear the snoring from the next room.

• 27th Dec 2014

Very nice Hostle, just the shower water was a bit cold.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Very dirty! Bathrooms smell really bad. Sinks for general use right next to the toilets. Several toilets not working. Mold in the showers. Depressing atmosphere. No lockers inside the rooms. Sizes of beds too short for fully grown people. Some creepy guy was sleeping on the floor. We checked out early because it was unbearable.

• 26th Dec 2014

One member of staff was very rude. overwise very good!

I had a great two nights at Isaacs. Everything was fairly clean (except for a problem on the toilets that was reported and fixed) and staff was great!

Great to hear your comments Thank you

This place is great. It's my go to hostel when I come to dublin. The only problem I found was no wifi in the rooms. Besides that everything was fabulous

Thanks very much . We are concerned about introducing Wifi to the Dorms as this could disrupt the sleep of others and we think it is more sociable in hostel environment, but we are looking into it!

I wish the showers would be heated. They were cold!!!

This hostel was great! Staff were friendly. Wifi speed was good. I wouldn't stay here again though because there were no lockers

Thanks for your comments - We do have 24hour lockers in the basement.

Fantastic location, great staff, great security. Wifi good, just easier if it were in rooms also. Good if every bed had their own electrical plug as you share with others and in inconvenient spots, lamp so you can see your area and it's not too bright for others when sleeping and maybe a pocket at the top of the bed to put your phone or book etc, so you won't have to hop in and out and risk making too much noise. Great pub crawls & a free walking tour every day, great way to meet new people!

Many thanks for your kind and useful comments - we would love to make the changes suggested and will be looking at this in 2015

Staff was awesome! They made the stay in Dublin a unique experience.

So glad to hear this. Thanks

Really enjoyed my stay, the staff are great, would definitely stay again. On the down side, the showers were all stone cold one of the mornings I was there on all 3 floors, and the internet connection on their free computer is almost hopeless. Apart from that, Isaacs is a great play to stay.

Thanks for comments - I am sorry about the showers we did seen to have a problem that weekend . The Internet is now much improved

Walking into this place, I felt confident I had chosen the perfect place because of the cozy decor. It went a little downhill from there however. The kitchen has some modern appliances but for some reason gave off a grimy vibe. The bathrooms were new but the worst part of all was the push button showers. The water was cold and lasted a grand total of 5 seconds. Of course it saves water because you get so exhausted of pushing the button that eventually you just give up.