Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We stayed in a two bed room and it was very nice .Overall a lovely hostel - but would have liked seperate facilites - showers and toilets - for men and women - just not comfortable with it mixed and I think lots of women and maybe men too would feel this But apart from this - a lovely hostel

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you so much - glad you liked the hostel - we actually do have separate facilites - male and female showers and toilets are on each floor.

I liked the entire place. The common areas were great. Using the lockers for a deposit only the day of travel was a huge help.

Thanks for your lovely review - So delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was great time in Isaacs... wonderful people :-) so open, so positive. I had lot of fun being there. Bathrooms could be little bigger ;-).

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Thanks so much - we love reviews like yours.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - really enjoyed our night here. Great communal facilities and everyone was really friendly. Only downside would be lack of lockers in the dormitories.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

beware the cleaners, some of them steal your non perishable things at the kitchen from your basket (mint tea, silver paper...)i asked them and they recognized it....anyway, i ´ll try not to come back

I really don't think our cleaners would have taken your tea bags- they clean in there so they would recognise the stuff.

Pretty much everything at Isaacs was great: the friendly staff and general atmosphere over there made you really feel welcome, good maintenance (cleanliness), not to mention there was a sauna! As a finnish guy I can really appreciate access to one after a long day :) The only complaint I really have about the place is the bad wifi reception in the basement, a second wifi router could do wonders to this.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Finland

Thanks for your email - delighted you liked our hostel.

Wifi does not work in rooms, but works great in common areas. Comfortable beds, plenty of plugs, fairly clean. Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Self-service laundry. Overall great hostel. Would stay here again.

Thanks so much for your feedback - delighted you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel is the best I've stayed in so far! Im a month into a 2.5 month trip backpacking Europe. It has a great staff amazing location and is a hub for fellow back packers! Met so awesome people!! Some claim its too loud that was never once an issue i slept like a corpse! A few downsides just to be fair is it can get hot and muggy in the first floor rooms and there is no wifi access in the rooms! Also so but not all of the showers are those push buttons that only stay on for 20 seconds.

Thank you so much for your feedback - we will see what we can do with the shower push button.

Everything was ok, but rooms are like railway station, everybody comes and goes, leaves their things etc. Also nobody cares of house rules, it is very noisy

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Croatia

So sorry you found the hostel noisy- we do have ear plugs at Reception for our lighter sleepers.

Third floor has very bad sound insulation, I can hear outside other people walk by, close door loudly, hope they can improve.

beware the thieves including cleaning staff

staff ok the evening, but they said lockers were free and another guy made me pay it. team clan the hostel but guests are very dirty (toilets and lavabo awful) after drunk youngsters uneducated dorm 16 industrial and hard to sleep, dorm 6 perfect and clean (except the cold shower in the morning) common spaces great kitchen little small and dirty

• 31st Oct 2014

The location and staff are excellent, the breakfast is good, bedrooms were clean but the toilets and shower were not, as was not the kitchen. They should be more alerts about the cleanliness in the place, specially in the kitchen, that was really disappointed.

The hostel was nice. However, it is by train tracks so it is noisy.

Stay like this don´t change!!!

Socially, Isaac's is by far the best hostel I've stayed at. They have a great pub crawl every night that I highly recommend, and there are always people to meet hanging out downstairs. The staff was fantastic, most if them remembered my name after our first meeting, and they were easy to talk to and very helpful. The only thing I didn't love was that in my room (8 bed mixed) there was only one overhead light, so if it was off when you came back you had to just feel around for your stuff.

• 27th Oct 2014

we had a very pleasant stay at Isaacs, staff was really very nice and helpful with everything, the room was big and comfortable, good beds, very good atmosphere (music and laughter, free tea and coffee all day). t was great , we recommend!

• 26th Oct 2014

I had a great time. The hostel has a great lcation amd amazing staff. Only bad point was the kitchen which was dirty amd smelly but that was more my fellow travellers foult then the hostel's

Good,friendly atmosphere,friendly staff.

• 26th Oct 2014

Isaacs is a great hostel and I would definitely recommend it to anyone