Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Such an awesome hostel- I wish all hostels were like this one! Great location, clean, the best atmosphere. Loved every minute.

I said that security is average because I did not see any lockers available. People just put their belongings near their beds.

We do have 24hour Lockers in the basement to store all your gear during your stay . You get the locks at reception

Everyone could see into the showers. The fans for the hands (in the toilets) are too noisy. Especially because there is no door. Sauna is nice, but why only three hours a day? Better more flexible. I know, it's a big hostel but you could make it more homely.

Many thanks for your useful feedback and we will check out all the issues you have raised

The staff were really friendly and the people there were nice. The 18 beds to a room is a little bit much for me and left me feeling a little insecure at night. The back alley entrance can feel quite unwelcoming at night. The lounge was not very inviting as everyone was on their electronic devices. I think by allowing people to access internet throughout the hostel would invite more people out to the common room to socialize, instead of being on their phones.

• 7th Apr 2015

Glad you liked the staff . Sorry to here that the lounge was n't as sociable as you would like - It normally is . The blight of smart phones and we take your point. The max size of dorm is 16 bed but we do have lots of smaller dorms from 6 people which might suit you better.

The employees at isaacs was the highlight of this hostel, super friendly and helpful! I did like the main lobby area has a good atmosphere for socializing. The location was a couple blocks off the beaten path, and the breakfast could have offered a bit more- the other hostel I stayed at in Dublin had fruit, hard boiled eggs and Nutella as well as two types of cereal. Also wifi in the rooms would have been helpful. overall, it was a good value and if in Dublin again I would stay again!

Many thanks for your great feedback .Our free light breakfast is simple but we do serve hard bolied eggs over the weekend and two types of cereal .Glad you loved the staff and the atmosphere

Not enough sockets to charge things and the beds were not very comfortable. The staff were really nice and helpful.

Thanks for your comments . So sorry if you found the bed uncomfortable.It's a very personal thing but we do buy very good mattresses and replace regularly Glad you found our staff good

Isaacs is a good hostel!! We loved being there, even if for a couple of days because of all the facilities included in the price and because of the nice staff. The location is good because you are almost in the city center. However there were a couple of things we didn't like. In fact, it was just near the railway and the noise was a little annoying. The real thing we didn't like was the dirtyness. It is cheap and that's ok, but please, CLEAN IT a little bit more!

One of the guys behind the desk helped me resell my bus ticket to the airport because the bus wasn't running when I needed it to! It was a huge help and I am so grateful :)

• 5th Apr 2015

Glad to be of help !

Both trips to Dublin I stayed there .Good central loclation .I would return .The best Hostel in UK is savoy in Galway .Its like a Motel and reasonable .Thanks staff for your undertanding and support .Won't be forgotten .

Many thanks and glad you enjoyed Isaacs . PS.Galway is in Ireland not UK !!

Really nice hostel, good atmosphere and a really lovely little chill out area in the basement. Only negative was the lack of lockers in the rooms. Really good free breakfast, I would defiantly recommend and stay again!

Best hostel I've been to. Good wifi signal where it was available. Free breakfast was a perk, as was the sauna. Right around the corner from Paddy's palace, where Paddywagon tours pick up.

Over the moon to hear we are the best hostel you have been to- Faint praise indeed - Come back soon!

My stay in Isaacs Hostel was nice, for me it's a bit too big hostel, not easy to find a place in the lobby. It miss a personal light in the room, not to be disturbed. Rooms are clean and bathroom too. Good location near the river and the central bus station.

Great hostel with an amazing atmosphere and very nice staff. It's not the perfect place - my room was quite loud (combination of thin walls and a train right outside the window) and I would have liked personal bed lights and perhaps lockers in the dorms (you have to pay a fee to lock stuff up downstairs). The light breakfast is mainly toast and cereal. However, for value for money, I'd rate this place highly.

Many thanks for useful feedback and glad you liked us . We would also love to introduce personal bed lights and lockers in Dorms . We do have Ear plugs for lighter sleepers and we will try and move you to quieter room at rear of hostel. Hope to see you back

Decent hostel. No lockers (though they never said they had any). Not a lot of selection at breakfast, just some regular corn flakes and toast. Better than nothing, but I've had better at other hostels. Not many outlets. Wifi is only available in the common areas, and not in the rooms. The pillows were really flat and uncomfortable, but the duvet was great. All in all it was a fine place to stay and I felt safe the whole time.

Many thanks for feedback . We do have lockers in the basement which can be used for 24hour storage and before and after you check out . Sorry if this wasn't highlighted to you . Our Free breakfast is light and simple but we do gave a self catering kitchen if you want to make anything more substantial.So glad you that you felt safe and generally happy with your stay

I liked how the lockers were really secure and could practically fit a full sized suitcase. The underground chill area was awesome, I played board games and the wifi was awesome. Staff was super friendly. Sauna was a great touch. The only thing that could make this place perfect was if the lockers were in the rooms. However, loved and would come back! Thanks Isaac's

Many thanks for great feedback

I love this hostel!. Highly recommend it!

• 31st Mar 2015

Lockers in the dorms would have been appreciated!

We would love lockers in the dorms ,but we do offer 24hour lockers in the basement which you can use before check in and after check out .

AMAZING! Isaac's Hostel is by far the best hostel I've ever been! Seriously, clean hostel, nice staff, good food, perfect services and well located. No words, I've been there more than four times this year and I will even pay more if I would have to just to stay in there. Sometimes it was funnier being there than going for a pint! hahaha

Oh what a lovely review. You are to nice to charge you more but just keep coming back and spread the Isaacs love !! Thanks a million

Great hostel. Good facilities, amazing staff, and good location. The only thing I would say is that it would be good to have lockers in the rooms for security purposes. Otherwise would recommend to anyone!

Many many thanks for great review - we would also love to have in room lockers in addition to our 24hr luggage storage and safes ./We hope to soon

It was an incredible experience, because any doubts I have they answer me very polite and that was very helpfull. Also they informed me about some tours which were very interesting and very recomendated to everyone, at least Galway and Cliffs of Moher (good quality price - journey) .

• 30th Mar 2015