Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Many of the plug-in outlets in the basement & common room are loose. Otherwise, the staff made for an exemplary experience. I'd've been content never to've left, honestly.

• 2nd Dec 2014

It's a busy hostel cause they're awesome here! Kitchen can get a bit cramped and dirty with all the guests, but people are nice!

Absolutely brilliant I don't see the point in staying in a hotel when you can stay in a place like this. I'll be coming back time and again.

• 30th Nov 2014

This hostel is incredible. When we first got there, Kevin greeted us and he was the best. Everything about the facility is top notch and the staff is great. A hostel.

• 30th Nov 2014

Our stay in Isaacs was really good - will come back for sure!! The place was clean, the staff was friendly, breakfast was ok (and included!) and atmosphere nice and cosy. I noticed that the room door didn't close if you didn't push it properly. Also, on our first night, when we got to the room, a guy had entered and was laying on my bed - the staff was great (thank you!) but I still don't understand how he could get into the room as he didn't have a bed there for that night. Thx!

• Spain

I was recommended Isaacs by an experienced traveller, and I would recommend it to anyone going through Dublin. The staff was so friendly and helpful and knew the answers to all my questions. They have such great facilities for everything, including cheap luggage storage which was so important to me! The rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms - no small feat in a hostel with as many rooms as they have!! Anything you could want, they could provide. I can't wait to stay there again!

Stayed here twice now and would defiantly return. A true backpacker vibe. Only downside was the bunk beds... I was given a top bunk in the centre of the room and only one side had a barrier to stop me from falling. Request a bottom bunk of possible!

Great place to stay for few nights.

My favorite part of Issacs was the staff. They were super helpful, funny and kind. Over-all the hostel is great though. Its very well located and has great areas for hanging out, studying and playing games. The breakfast wasn't super hardy and the WiFi doesn't reach to the rooms but other than that I really liked it. Plus we took advantage of their rent a bike program which was super cheap and a great way to see Dublin.

My third visit to Isaacs,a great location for access to The 3 Arena,the Olympia and the BGE theatre,all 15 minutes walk. Its just 10 minutes on the Luas from Heuston Station,really convenient. The rooms are great,warm and clean. The breakfast is very good. Terrific value all round.

Amazing place. Looks great and feels great. The staff were super easygoing and funny. Especially fluffy.

• 27th Nov 2014

Brilliant hostel! Helpful staff an really great place to stay! Good facilities an easy acsess to all major bus an train stations. Would definatley stay again in future.

• 27th Nov 2014

the staff was awesome and so helpful, and the rooms were perfect for what i needed. Beds are super comfy too.

• 27th Nov 2014

Staff was amazing! Very nice and helpful, i wish i could say the same about the people in my dorm... Overall the hostel was very nice and yay for the free breakfast!

I really liked the hostel. It had a fantastic atmosphere and excellent location. My complaint is that people tend to be very loud when going in and out of the rooms at night. I woke up at 5 a.m. when five guys came into our room and were talking very loudly.

• 26th Nov 2014

it's good hostel for who wants to tripin Dublin. Location is almost perfect to go for stroll in Dublin. Free breakfast is also good. they serve cereal, juice, bread, jam, coffee and butter. but if you want good sleep at night and you are kind of sensitive person, I couldnt recommand this hostel. because the train goes through just over the hostel. and that could bother your sleep. without this thing, this hostel is almost perfect and has reasonable price.

Pros: - Good location, near to bus station and train station. Bus stop for airlink bus from Dublin airport is within 3 minute walking. However, it can be a little bit confusing at first to find the hostel if you dont have a detailed map of Dublin. It's a bit shady if you walk from Talbot street though. It is located within 15-20 minute walk to Dublin main attractions like Trinity College, Temple Bar or Dublin Castle. There are a supermarket and convenience store nearby so it is easy to cook a m

• 24th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

We spent a week at Isaacs and loved it! The staff was awesome and always willing to offer advise on what to do/where to go. The hostel was very safe with key card entry and staff monitoring people coming/going. Only con was that the bathroom trash cans didn't seem to get emptied regularly. Would definitely stay again!

• 22nd Nov 2014

I really liked the Hostel. People were great and the atmosphere. I was great:)

• 21st Nov 2014
  • Poland

Good location, though the pillows were rock solid and the shower was cold