Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I was really impressed with Isaacs. It was clean and staff were super friendly and helpful! really the only downside was that there were no lockers in the rooms but staff are able to lock your stuff up for you. As well there is no Wifi in the rooms, only in main areas. She sheets on the beds were all white which was wonderful as you can tell they are clean! All in All, it was a great experience and I would absolutely stay with them again.

I really enjoyed staying here. The hostel was very clean and comfortable. I woild definitely stay here again. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no wifi in the rooms. You had to go to the main floor or basement for internet.

The staff were incredibly helpful and nice. If you choose to stay north of the liffey, this is the perfect hostel for you. I do have some suggestions for the hostel though. It would be nice to have wifi in the rooms, as well as lockers on each floor and/or room other than just in the basement. I would also suggest having more plugs in each room or at least a surge protector so there's enough plugs for each person. Also small lamps/lights by the bed would be nice.

Isaacs Hostel is a good place to stay in Dublin. Very close to the main bus station and to the mai nareas of Dublin. The room was clean. However, there was no air conditioning in the 10 Bed dorm and only one small window for fresh air. The staff provided a fan which made the situation onyl a little better. But beside that a good hostel with a clean kitchen bathrooms.

Location alright: not in too touristy TempleBar, yet central (like everything in Dubliln). Our room (3-bed private no. 104) was located 1st floor just above the kitchen, hence, it was pretty noisy in the morning. Street was quiet. Bath rooms, room, towles, bed linen, kitchen everything was very clean. They seemed pretty good security wise, even the luggage storage had proper locks (for free). The place is pretty big giving it a bit of an anonymous atmosphere. Staff was friendly and there 24/7.

Okay overall fine for hostel and for price but some negatives listed below: 1) tram runs right by the hostel, really loud pretty late into the night 2) hostel is super hot and they won't say so anything when people comment on it 3) music in common areas is pretty bad, everyone had headphones in 4) wifi only in common areas and not reliable 5) no lockers in room, can pay for overnight in lobby but limited supply

Really great place to stay. The staff are very helpful every time I talked to them; they got me an extra pillow and towel, helped with printing and gave great directions. Felt very safe here as a solo female. Breakfast was simple but very much appreciated. The only thing I found weird was the lockers were downstairs in the basement but at least they were very big and there was cameras so your stuff is safe. Usually the lockers are 2euros a night but the guy gave it to me for free so thank you!:)

I'm too old for this.

• 8th Jul 2015
  • Spain

This hostel is one of the best we've ever seen (and we've experienced quite a few !) Great location, staff really friendly and helpful ! The hostel has a really nice atmosphere with free breakfast, free wifi & free locker when you check out and you only leave Dublin by the end of the day. I recommend it strongly ! The only tiny thing was the noise the first night but the second night was far better !

My friend and I had a great time at isaacs. We've been back twice already during our time in ireland, and plan to go back for one more night before we leave. It has a great atmosphere, wonderful staff, and good facilities. We made quite a few friends during our time there, and always felt that our belongings were safe and in good hands. 10/10. My one thing to new comers would be to make sure you check which bathroom you're using, I thought all the bathrooms were coed! I was wrong!

fairly sketchy place with an awkward mix of people. I would not recommend staying here. There are no lockers in individual rooms. It's very hot in the rooms, which makes the rooms smell. The hostel smells like a frat house. I was very happy when we left.

• 6th Jul 2015

Basic but friendly. Good value, good location (in spite of the alley-like entrance)

A bit noisy because of the train nearby, and very dirty. But the staff is really nice, and it's cool to have the possibility of letting our suitcase for free on the first and last day.

• 5th Jul 2015

I was in Room 219 (the 12 or 14 bed female dorm) which is directly opposite the Female Showers / Toilets. This room is really badly ventilated. There is only a window on one side & even though it was opened all the time, there was ZERO air flow into the room. The heat from the hot showers directly opposite meant this room is just EXTRA HOT. There is no ventilation fan or ceiling fan in the corridor outside the Female showers & also no ceiling or wall fans inside the dorm room. It was HOT.

More clean, especially during the hours everyone is coming back drunk. I couldn't go in the bathroom without gagging it smelled so bad.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this place!

There are really not enough toiletts and showers for all. Think about nearly 15 girls in the morning and only 2 toiletts and 2 washbasins! You know how a washbasin looks like, when they all are finished...

Some of the staff were very kind, but some were rude. Weren't extremely helpful, kind of just explained the basics and sent you on your way. The room was boiling hot and I'd wake up every night sweating. They do free walking tours and a paid for pub crawl. We did the pub crawl and it was pretty fun. The location is a little bit out of the way so we'd have to walk to city center every day, but it only takes about 10-15 minutes. There wasn't much of an atmosphere so it was a little boring.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Amazing and very helpful staff. The rooms were hot and stuffy and the was often freezing cold water in the showers. Overall a great hostel for its size.

Rooms were very hot and floors creaked very loudly. Doors slammed frequently. Wifi only available in common areas, nowhere to hang stuff in showers.