Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The people were very nice at isaacs. The vibe was good. The bathrooms and showers were decent. I'd definitely stay here again.

Kevin Hannigan was extremely welcoming and helpful for places to eat, things to do, and everything else. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• 7th Jul 2014

2nd floor gents toilet door was broken - meant some queues in the morning, otherwise exactly what you'd expect for the price

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Nice hostel in good part if the city. Good atmosphere (world cup aside..), just a bit difficult to get breakfast before time as we were leaving. We got it, but the reception guy was a bit picky. That aside, all good!

I thought this hostel was nice and the rooms were clean. Was glad to have towels provided! Breakfast was good too. Would stay again and recommend.

• Couple, 41+

Overall a good hostel. The location is decent... Close to central bus station and train station. There was quite a bit of 'anti-social' activity in the alley across from the entrance. Best to walk with a friend late at night. Walking distance to most tourist attractions. Super clean!! Breakfast was good!! Staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.

• 5th Jul 2014

Great place overall! Ran into some shady characters but that was more because I was arriving 5am after a Friday night and less because of the location of isaacs. Location from fun going out/temple area is a brisk 15 min walk, and while other hostels might be closer, I think isaacs makes up for the location tradeoff!

• 5th Jul 2014

was very very cozy and just loved the atmosphere over there! the room down in the basement is so adorable for just chilling out and playing pool or chatting with others. Our dorm for 6 was not too packed at all we had more than enough room for all of the guests in that particular room :) and the fact that they have a free sauna to use is a big plus!

I can't say it was a bad hostel but it was rather odd. No security cages under the beds despite there being space, instead you have to pay two euro a night for a locker key plus ten euro deposit. The lockers are in the basement which is a real pain if you want to go for a shower and you have gear that is needed. Do you leave it insecure in the room or travel down to the basement to secure it? Staff said this is not unusual for a Dublin hostel, I haven't experienced this in other Dublin hostels.

Short distance to Conolly, Busaras and LUAS station.

• 4th Jul 2014

We weren't too impressed with Isaacs Hostel.. It was okay. The hostel was very busy and crammed in the main lobby and breakfast area. Our room located on the top floor was very hot and uncomfortable. Some positives were the staff - they were very helpful and friendly.

We had a wonderful stay at Isaacs, only downside was the stinking hot room! Made for a few bad nights rest but apart from that the hostel was great and the staff really helpful

Isaac's was a great hostel with friendly staff & great opportunities to socialize OR relax in the awesome basement, depending on what you felt like. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, which was annoying on a few occasions. And the room was HOT and humid a few of the nights, but they do offer a few fans at the front desk and you have access to opening the windows.

Thank you very much, I recommend the is place to everyone. Our roommates were wonderful and we had the greatest time. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful, the location is central and makes every activity very easy and last but not least, the sauna is a great original one ! Reminded my of finland :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Staff were very helpful. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2014

Staff was very helpful with giving me directions and I felt safe. The only thing is that the breakfast was not amazing, just better than other hostels I've been to...

• 1st Jul 2014

Lovely place to stay, as it's so handy to to the city centre, the staff are really welcoming and it's a great place to make friends and chill out! Thanks for the great hospitality!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Perfect location.

The staff was beyond helpful with any question I had about Dublin. They were always available night and day. I was little bummed out to find out when I returned to Dublin that there wasn't any vacancy, hands down the best trip of my life.

• 28th Jun 2014

Perfect location, clean rooms, but terribly loud.