Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

My friend and I stayed at the hostel for 7 nights and we enjoyed it a lot. The atmosphere was great, the staff was nice, there were a lot of people for holidays. Lower points: The room was very hot in the night, because of the summer and the kitchen wasn't clean in the evening (it was a mess).

• 16th Jul 2013

Loved loved loved this place!! Was so much fun, great place to meet people. I had an amazing experience. Would definitely go back

And we loved loved your comments!

Great hostel. Would come back. Free breakfast.

Thanks - see you again please !

We were staying in Isaacs in the hotest days of Ireland and the temperature in the dorms was just unbearable...the whole stay I couldnt sleep, we couldnt open the windows (safety reasons???) that way the air in the room wasnt circulating AT ALL and it was just a diseaster...the same situation was in the morning downstairs in the breakfast room...heating toasters and too many people...

The rooms were ridiculously hot. I can't believe that something can't/couldn't be down about it. Even when it was cool outside it was sweltering in the halls , bathrooms and dorms.:(

• 15th Jul 2013

So so sorry for the heat issue We have bought a lot more fans to help this since.

We arrived late...got up early...staff were excellent...breakfast was good...found the hallways a bit dirty..no air conditioning, borrowed their fan which was very nice

• 14th Jul 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Our room was very hot and no fans were available so we had a very difficult time sleeping. Also no towels or fans were available. However, The location was great and the price excellent.

So sorry about the heat- we have improved this over last few weeks -(The hot weather took us all by surprise here ) . we always have towels for hire so not sure why you could not get one and we have lots of extra fans now. Glad you found us VFM and location is great

The hostel had been completely renovated.It is a renewed pleasure to stay there. ALAN/France

Merci Beacoup. Retournez a Bientot !

Nice hostel ! I will come back again .

• 14th Jul 2013
  • Malaysia

Please do !

Isaacs is awesome. The staff is super friendly and helpful, everything is really clean, and I cannot recommend the pub crawl enough. My only complaint is that the lockers are in the basement, which means 1. it makes all your stuff stink if and 2. you have to run up and down stairs to get your stuff.

Very helpful and flexible staff.

Best Hostel I've ever stayed in! Hilarious people, free breakfast, free sauna, amazing atmosphere!!! I travelled the world, never been in a hostel twice. That's going to change!

• 12th Jul 2013

Wow, Wow and more Wow. Vielen Dank and hope we are as good for your next visit we look forward to it !!

Isaac's is a perfect location, and the staff are great-- very helpful.

• 11th Jul 2013

Thank you kindly !

Isaacs was a nice place to stay, although the rooms were very hot during the night. But I'll attribute that mostly to the unusual heat wave that the UK wasn't prepared for. They have good facilities and vents like movie nights, burger nights, etc. the staff were very friendly and easy going and helpful.

• 11th Jul 2013

Yes you are right about the heatwave - Ireland was not expecting that!! but we hace bought a few more fans along the way to cool you down. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The hostel was very comfortable and clean. The staff were all really friendly and all clearly seemed to love working there which gave the place a really nice atmosphere. The only problem was the rooms were far too hot to be able to sleep in and the staff didn't really have any way of combating this. Fans or some form of air conditioning would be great in the summer months when the corridors became like a sauna, which does spoil what otherwise would be a fantastic stay.

• 10th Jul 2013

Thanks for your positive feedback . We are truly sorry that we were unable to help alleviate the heat during your stay with the surprising extended heatwave. Glad to report we have bought a lot more fans to cool things down

Loved this hostel! Staff were amazing! Great location. Only downside the showers, having to constantly push the button to shower is frustrating, even more frustrating having to push it 5 times to wash shampoo out.

Loved that you loved us . Sorry about your frustrations with showers - We have push button showers to do our bit for the enviromen but will review timing if causing issues.

We had such an amazing time at Isaacs! I would definitely come back! The only downside was how incredibly hot our room was. It felt like a sauna. But other than that I really loved it!!

• 9th Jul 2013

Lovely comments thanks . Sorry about the heat there was a bit of a rare heatwave on while you were here but we have since bought some more fans to help cool you down

This was first time staying at a hostel, and I really enjoyed my stay here. I will definetly come back one day.

• 9th Jul 2013

Look forward to your second time !

The doors close hard so it can be noisy at night because of that

• Switzerland
  • Couple, 41+

The doors have security closers -and we do ask guests ( via signs ) to help by closing gently but sadly not always heeded.

Really really hot during the heatwave, wifi only in the common areas and 2 euro a day for (huge) lockers but great location and free breakfast

Glad location and breakfast did the trick for you, Heatwave has well and truly disappeared so we are cooled down and have since have taken some steps to improve things should we get one again !