Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

great hostel, could be better located but dublin is so small it hardly matters. free breakfast is literally just toast and jelly but the facilities are awesome and really nice bathrooms and huge showers.

Pretty good location, just north of all the main attractions and near O'Connell's and a bus stop to get to and from the airport easily. That said, it is in a slightly dodgy area, saw some one get mugged on my way to the hostel the first night. Also there is NO HOT WATER at all, enjoy your freezing showers. Also, I don't want to have to sign in on facebook at the hostel every time I want to use the wifi.

Loved the sauna and free breakfast!

So happy you loved the hostel - we like reviews like yours!

The hostel was very nice and offered a lot of fun activities/specials for it's guests! The only downsides are that the Wi-Fi is only available on the first floor and the common areas, and the breakfast is good, but it's only bread and cereal; not much of a selection. Nonetheless, it was a great place to stay! :)

Very great hostel. I will go back there for mu next stay in Dublin

I was only at Isaac's for a night. It was perfect for me for it was right off Connolly Station. The staff Hannah and another friendly man (I'm sorry I forgot his name!) were helpful and polite. The room was very clean as were the toilets.

Such a beautiful hostel, will stay again next time

Thank you so much for your lovely comments - we love it too!

for being a hostel Isaacs was absolutely AMAZING!!! :) and the staff was great and extremely helpful!

• 11th Oct 2013

Thank you so much - we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - do come again.

I had a nice experience at Isaacs. The location was great, with a friendly atmosphere and staff.

• 11th Oct 2013

The only improvement I could see is if there were lockers in the rooms. Aside from that small thing, this hostel was awesome and I had a fantastic time!

Our group of six had a great time at Isaac's. We ranged in age from 30 -58, so not your usual students /young traveler. We all felt very welcome by the staff and other guests. Our room was clean and tidy. The doors were very heavy which made us feel safe as we were on a mixed floor. We had booked out the whole room so we didn't share with anyone. The hostel pub crawl was great, they took us to some nice pub/bars/night clubs. Everything was in easy walking distance & we would all stay again.

• 11th Oct 2013

So glad you enjoyed your stay despite your advanced years !... Just joking we get a great age range of here . Thanks for super feedback

The noisiest place I have ever slept in. The rooms are so small that you can barely stand beside the bed. Very expensive for that.

We ae so sorry that you were disappointed. It was very busy during your stay in the Hostel . We do offer ear plugs for lighter sleepers and some of the rooms are very spacious. We will email you direct

The staff was awesome! Maybe offer an earlier breakfast option for those that have to leave early for flights or tours (it can just be something small).

• 10th Oct 2013

I like the design of this hostel and people (both staff and backpackers) were very nice! The only thing is that its located next to the train station so its really noisy at night!!! Also the floor + bed squeaks a lot so its very hard to be quiet in the room at night! Other than that its a great hostel

Thanks for your review - so glad you liked the hostel - we do have ear plugs at Reception for our light sleepers!

Isaac's Hostel has very fun and helpful staff, as well as a welcoming and lively atmosphere that makes you feel right at home.

• 10th Oct 2013

To make you feel at home is our goal - Delighted we acheived that.

Loved the comforters, they were so cozy!

We are not sure if you mean the Duvets, throws or the staff But thanks !

We only stayed for 1 night (2days) but I would of happily stayed for a week(on a lower level) haha..stairs got me in the end :-) very welcoming,clean,friendly and a lovely breakfast. All needs and more catered for. Thank you!

• 9th Oct 2013

Climbing the stairs is your exercise for the day - will help you live longer! - Glad you enjoyed your stay - do come again.

The pub crawl was excellent. As a solo traveler, it was nice to have not only someone to show me the pubs in Dublin, but also other people to spend part of the night with. Lockers are in the basement (no elevator). 2 euros per day, plus 10 euro deposit. I left my stuff in my room since it was only one night. One guy used a bike chain to lock his suitcase to his bed. Breakfast in the morning (7:30-9:30) is corn flakes, bread, and beverages. I came for the pub crawl, was not disappointed.

So pleased you loved the sociable Dublin Pub Crawl. We love it too! .

Lots of people staying indefinetly while looking for work, so the just stay at the lobby. Take that into account if looking for a "party" atmosphere, be sure to book the Pub Crawl if you do though.

Thanks for your review. We still try and maintain the party atmosphere -everyone has to party!!!

I absolutely loved Isaacs! The staff was really helpful, and so cheerful! The rooms was in good shape, same goes for the facilities. Loved the reading area, and the TV-lounge. The atmosphere was absolutely amazing. Definitely recommending Isaacs, and coming back!

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Norway

We love your comments! See you soon we hope.