Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Where to start... I got clothes and my towel stolen from my room, which was everything that was not locked in the basement (side note: there are no free lockers). The employee was not really helpful, he only said he was sorry. The bathrooms at midnight were a mess: two clogged toilets, one broken and leaking urinal, and a sink with blood and bloody paper towels. There were also some minor issues with the kitchen and the noise, but that's unimportant. I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hostel.

So sorry you had a bad experience at our hostel. Very strange to have clothes and a towel stolen - I have never heard of this before.

had a great time, friendly and helpful staff, great tours, atmosphere,location

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was fine, but quite big and busy. Also you need to provide more for breakfast.

Thanks for posting your review. Breakfast is only a free light breakfast we offer to our guests. if we provide more unfortunately we would have to charge more and we don't want to do that.

You need to pay for you lockers also if you have your own lock! 2 € pro day. Not every staff member is helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Sorry you had a few issues.

The atmosphere was so much fun! Everybody mingles in the different common areas and the building itself is really neat. I got bug bites all over my legs and arms while staying here, so I think it might have been bed bugs, but no one else in the room got them. Other than that it was a very enjoyable stay and one of our favorite hostels!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. If you were out at night near a green or field you might have got bitten by midges - they are awful at this time of the year. We have a very strict pest control system in place at the hostel so I doubt it was bed bugs.

Staff was great and it was in a really interesting old building. Will definitely stay there again upon my return to Dublin. The alley it is located in has a few shady characters hanging around, but even late at night I never felt threatened.

• 21st Aug 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay/

Very good Hostel. Keep it like that.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thank you - we do our best.

Great hostel. Nice clean rooms. Great common areas and facilities. The only issue is that our room was right near the train line.. But I would still recommend staying here.

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. We love reviews like yours.

Great location close to the bus stop and within walking distance of all sites. Clean, comfortable place with really funny, friendly staff and an atmosphere conducive to meeting other travelers. Breakfast wasn't much, just toast and cereal with coffee. Wish we could have stayed longer to take advantage of all the social events and check out the spa!

Thanks of your review. Glad you enjoyed it.

Very caring staff. They clean a few times during the day and even at night. We met fantastic people there and had a great stay in Dublin. Thanks!

Thanks for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

the only problem we had was the shower was really tiny and my travelling buddy is 6'6" and couldn't fit in it. which was really funny for me, buy not so much for him! loved the place.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I wonder would our other showers have been better for your friend.

The bathrooms and rooms were very clean and well kept. Everyone was friendly but they didn't foster much of a community there. It was a very average clean experience. Absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

• 16th Aug 2014

Had a great stay at Isaacs - the room was very spacious but would have been good if there was more staorage space, we had to put everything on the ground. Also would have been beneficial if the the staff at check-in had of given us more info on the facilities, we only found out about most things like the sauna and and table tennis room on the second day. It would have also been good to know that we could get breakfast early on the day we left - we were only informed as we were leaving the hostel

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks of your comments - very constructive and we will look at all your suggestions.

Very friendly and helpful staff! I very much enjoyed my stay. My only recommendation is either some sort of shelf in the showers or more hooks.

Thanks so much for your positive comments. We will take your suggestion on board.

It was amazing, and I did friends there. I am not at the Hostel but I always go there to meet my friends.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Isaacs Hostel is quite a good place, as it's a convenient and pleasant hostel. It's a safe hostel as they use keycards to get access to the rooms' area and the rooms themselves, no lockers in the rooms (only in the basement. So you need to go downstairs all the time and pay a deposit to get the key and padlock. Neither of this is convenient, but still better than no locker at all). It has such a welcoming staff and atmosphere. Rooms, bed and bathrooms are alright. At last, nice breakfast.

Thanks for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Would really consider staying elsewhere. During my stay had a girl in my dorms laptop stolen, and had a situation with the staff that resulted in them acting in a terrible way. Location is central however in a slightly dodgy side of town, just ask any local and they will tell you this. For a youth hostel, there are plenty better options in dublin. Regret staying here and one of the worst hostels I've been in so far

• 14th Aug 2014

Wow, we're really disappointed by your review. It is so different from all the rest posted here. We do provide safekeeping facilities and we recommend that people don't leave valuables as when you sleep in multi-bed rooms you can't trust anyone. So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay.

Stayed in 16 bed dorm on top floor and woke up drinched in sweat from it being so hot in the room. My gf did as well

• 14th Aug 2014

So sorry you found it too hot. Hope you enjoyed it apart from that.

This hostel was perfect! The staff (especially Kevin) went above and beyond to answer questions and make sure my stay was amazing!

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

It's a really nice hostel, super close to the bus station and to the train station, if you feel like visiting villages around Dublin. The only problem I had to face was the room, too hot in there. Oh, and no connection inside the rooms.

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.