Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

화장실이 넘 더러웠어요!!! 철도 바로옆이라서 너무 시끄러워 새벽부터 깨어났었습니다.

• 11th Dec 2013
  • South Korea

Loved the atmosphere and vibe in the hostel! Great place to be! The staff was always very helpful, kind and in for a nice chat (even at 5 am!) Nice facilities (bicycle rent – kitchen – games – free sauna) The sleeping rooms were a bit small, but with the hostel having such nice other rooms you hardly spend time here anyway. The hostel is really close to the centre (10 min walk to the Temple bar). And attracts a lot nice people! All in all an awesome hostel in an awesome city! I'll be back ;)

• 10th Dec 2013

Great hostel, wifi could have been better, think it was a bit congested at times but other than that everything was great!

Thanks for your feedback . Glad you liked us . Wifi is usually very good but in high demand periods it can get overworked.

Very nice atmosphere, good value for money and friendly staff !

• 6th Dec 2013

Don't know if it's because we woke up too late, but cold showers are not ideal.

• 6th Dec 2013

So sorry to hear the showers were cold shower - that should not have been the case at all even if you woke up late We will check the system.

Nice hostel, helpful staff and lots of common areas. I've been here only one night, but I really enjoyed my stay.

Nice hostel.

I've been to Isaacs a couple of times and I'd surely go again. The great WIFI coverage and really clean rooms are great for the price. Same goes for the kitchen and light breakfast. One caveat from my last stay: Aparently gastro-intestinal-disease was making the rounds in the hostel, which is of course unfortunate. Even though the staff might not have known about it, a reminder or somesuch would have been nice. But maybe I should just know that myself...

• 4th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Thank you for your kind comments.

A nice place with fully functional and clean facilities, good common areas and good relaxed vibe. Within walking distance to food, pubs/bars and public transport for getting around in Dublin or farther afield.

nice stay as usual!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Thank you !

Kind of soulless, very big with lots of people living here and working rather than travelling. I didn't really make many friends. The mattresses are pretty thin. I don't think I'd stay here again but I guess it did the job

I had high hopes after studying all the positive reviews for this place, only to be severely disappointed. It was dirty, smelly, cramped and the evening/night employees were less than cheerful. My third floor 6 person dorm had signs of a roof leak as well as black mold spots above my bed. The train tracks were right outside our window (thankful I brough ear plugs). The community showers were constantly filthy and molded ceilings as well. If you want a clean, comfortable stay, STAY AWAY.

• 29th Nov 2013

Absolutely excellent stay at Isaacs. Was very apprehensive about staying in a hostel as I never had before and heard stories, but the place was spotlessly clean, the staff were amazing (so friendly, good fun and extremely helpful and knowledgeable) The location was ideal and we even participated in the Bar Crawl, which was absolutely MEGA fun and awesome value, and the free walking tour was fantastic. Overall, a flawless stay and I would highly highly recommend this place!

• 28th Nov 2013

The 16bed dorm was really smelly. The other rooms i was were ok. Excellent atmosphere, nice staff (except a guy whose english wasn't really good). Really good to meet other travellers.

Thanks for your comments . We will check out the 16 bed dorm to see if any issue as this is unusual . So glad you liked the atmosphere and staff

The hostel is really nice, great atmosphere and awesome free sauna!

• 28th Nov 2013

Thank you !

It was a nice stay, although I missed a bar or something to drink a beer in the evening. It was next to the main station so really easy to find, and they had a bike shed for my bike which was nice in Dublin. Price/quality was really good.

Thanks for your comments . Sorry no bar at the moment but you can bring your own and chill out with a beer in the communal areas with other guests. Hope you found your way around Dublin on the Bike easy enough. !

Overall, it was a good hostel. Enjoyed the stay and close to Temple Bar and the city centre area of Dublin, good value.

• 27th Nov 2013

Many thanks.

I was only here for one night but I wish I could have stayed longer! Great kitchen, common area, lounge area and there's a pool table and sauna! Staff were very helpful. Only downside is that it isn't in temple bar but that's only a 5 min walk.

Lovely feedback . Thanks.

Had an incredible time, Isaac's really salvages and cleans up the name Hostel from the down-and-out-dodgy-backpacker-stereotype!! Intending to stay again, excellent everything!

• 22nd Nov 2013

Lovely lovely comments and see you soon we hope.

The Staff were extraordinarie, love frome sweden! (Movember)

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Sweden

Thank you thank you! Hope you enjoyed the Mo party!