Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great place to stay, clean, warm, good showers! Good value for money and decent beds! Nice reception and communal areas too.

Great comments, good customers and thanks !

great central Location!

• 25th Oct 2013

We have to agree!

I loved Isaacs !!! The staff were brilliant especially Andy, any question I had the had an answer. The rooms were good especially for the price, however in some you might want to purchase earplugs if you are a light sleeper. It's in a great location and the free walking tours take you to most of the tourist hot spots. They provide an environment where it's easy to make friends. I will definitely go back there !!

Lovely lovely comments - thanks so much . You are not alone in your praise of ANDY !

For quite a big hostel this place feels homely. The place was packed with people so it's very easy to meet others. However the breakfast finishes way too early considering 99% of people are hungover in the morning, and "extras" like safes and lockers cost money. The showers are pretty dodgy as well. But on the whole, a pretty good place to stay

Thanks for your feedback . Normally hostellers are up and at it quote early to make the most of day and we do have the self catering Kitchen for later risers. When you say showers dodgy did you mean temperature / Pressure so we can check it out ?

My least favorite of the three hostels I stayed at in Dublin. The free breakfast is nothing more than cornflakes and orange juice. The wifi was pretty bad, and the rooms weren't very clean. They offer lockers but you have to pay for them.

Maybe it was because I had never stayed at a hostel before, but i was a little disapponlinted. I found the hostel hard to find, the staff a little unhelpful when someone was sleeping in my bed, the wifi was spotty and bathroom facilities small for the number of people they served. Breakfast was average but there was defibitely enough. About a 20-25 minute walk to other side of river and some tourist attractions.

So sorry that you were disappointed and if staff were unhelpful over bed mix up that is so unusual so we will try and address that issue / Our wifi speeds in common areas has been much improved but during very busy periods can come under pressure. We will review our directions on how to get to hostel to see if we can improve that.

Being my first hostel to ever stay at, Isaacs has set the bar really high for where ever my next hostel will be. The staff is really friendly and awesome, the security is great and everything was awesome, making my stay awesome!.

Alltogether awesome remarks !

sadly, our arrival was little welcoming, had it not been for the paid deposit we would have turned around and left. our rooms were not ready yet at 1pm and we could not leave our luggage for the remaining hour but had to carry it on to the place we had lunch. Safety lockers were in the cellar and had to be paid €2 /day. Not enough hooks/ space to leave clothes etc in showers, breakfast very basic. experience would have been completely different if staff had just been less annoyed and friendlier

No personal lockers available in the room itself, making it really inconvenient to leave our valuables around if we're going to the toilet. Also, the room lacks surfaces like tables/shelves/lockers for us to put our belongings. It's more convenient to pack our bags and organise our things (especially in dim light conditions when we don't want to disturb others sleeping in the room) if there are surfaces for us to place our belongings. Resorted to using the ground and the bed. Very inconvenient.

• 22nd Oct 2013
  • Singapore

While the overall atmosphere was conducive to meeting people, there was never an actual seat in the lounge or shared areas. The bathrooms were quite gross, never enough showers or sinks to accommodate the morning rush. The wifi was terrible- barely worked at all. The one computer was either always either occupied or broken.

• 21st Oct 2013

Only issue i had re security was my dorm door had been broken in the past and had only been fixed with tape this meant u had to slam it a good few times to close it - not good for trying to keep quiet n also ppl forgot n allowed the door to swing shut behind them which didn't lock it. Otherwise fine

• 21st Oct 2013
  • Scotland

In general an average hostel with friendly stuff, and good value for money (the cheapest in town) but my room smelled terrible, not ideal.

Ive stayed In three different dublin hostels And this was probably the best. Staff we very friendly and helpful. Kitchen facilities were pretty good. Rooms were spacious and clean. Wifi wasn't the best (have to go through facebook and didnt always work) but would definitely stay here again.

Good to hear had a good experience . Wifi has been much improved but occasionally it can come under pressure so sorry for any inconvenience to you.

Massive hostel, central location, a bit loud though due to other guests. Personally I think due to its size the hostel is more suitable for groups - the solo traveller gets lost between school classes...Noticeable: High security standards!

Not a great atmosphere. Staff not very helpful. Conveniently located very near train station good amenities.

Has everything you need in a hostel but had a few nagging problems. I have never complained about wifi in a review before but the wifi here just irritated me. To connect to the internet you had to check-in at Isaac's on Facebook... every time. It never worked so I had to keep getting one of the guys at reception to do it for me. So if you don't have Facebook you can't use wifi. Also you have to rent a locker from them for 2 euro a day, as well as put a 10 euro deposit on the key.

I had a really nice stay at Isaacs. The staff was very helpful, the location was within walking distance to all of the major sites in Dublin, everyone was friendly and it was a nice atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again on a return trip to Dublin!

• 17th Oct 2013

Highly recommend this place. The staff is really friendly and helpful and it's a comfortable place.

• 17th Oct 2013

The 16 bed dorm was a symphony of snoring, but you could buy ear plugs for 0.50 euros which helped a lot. I didn't appreciate however and there was no fix was that the bunk beds were angled away from the wall in order to accommodate them all in the room, leaving one side with a railing and one side without railing, meaning you could roll right out of the top bunk. Kitchen, common room, tv area and reading facilities were excellent however, very nice place to be.

great hostel, could be better located but dublin is so small it hardly matters. free breakfast is literally just toast and jelly but the facilities are awesome and really nice bathrooms and huge showers.