Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

A fun, buzzing hostel to stay at. We spent most of our time on the other side of the river but the hostel's location was so easy to get to from the bus station so this made up for it. Not the quietest place to stay as the train line runs straight next to the hostel and if you have a room on the street you can hear rowdy people coming in late at night. Main suggested improvement: lockers in the rooms.

I stayed there during st. Patrick's festival season so It was quite noisy. Breakfast was good and hostel has big kitchen, big common room, facilities are good.

I had a great stay. I stayed the weekend before St. Patricks day and the atmoshpere was great. The staff was so helpful! It was very clean. It was a bit noisey, but honestly I expected that. It was St. Paddy's day weekend! The ONLY thing I wish was different was that there were lockers or crates in the rooms. They had lockers in the base ment, but it just seemed really inconvient to drag your stuff down ther everyday- I didn't. It was nice to have them for check-in and check-out though!

• 12th Mar 2015

I wish there were lockers in the room. It would have made me feel better about leaving my things.

Staff were fantastic and always at hand to help. They went out of their way to ensure you were comfortable and that they were welcoming. The room was immaculate! And the atmosphere within the common areas was very comfortable and had a generally happy feel!

• 12th Mar 2015

Most modern hostel I've ever been to. Very nice staff and great facilities. Only price was a bit high but that was most certainly due to the fact that it was St Patrick period. Would definitely recommend a stay! :)

• 11th Mar 2015

I love Isaac's Hostel! I've stayed there a few times, and the staff is always super helpful and friendly! Great atmosphere, lots of fun people there, and lots to do. Highly recommend!

This hostel is huge, often felt tough to meet people given the number of groups that would occupy the small-ish common area. Other then that no real complaints. Lockers in the room would have been nice, but there were security boxes and lockers available elsewhere.

Good location, very close to bus station and tram stops. Easy walk to major attractions. Staff was very helpful, great security. Lots of atmosphere but if you want to go to bed early on a Saturday I might suggest getting some ear plugs.

• 7th Mar 2015

Overall really good, the only downside is that you only get wifi in the reception/lounge area on the first floor, not everywhere in the hostel.

Lack is wifi so our guests can talk to each other!!

No WiFi in the rooms. Free sauna is only for three hours a day, and very inconvenient times.

No wifi in the rooms is in order for our guests to talk to each other rather than have their heads stuck in the phones or computer - a novel idea, don't you think????

There were no lockers in the rooms which made me a little uncomfortable. The experience also could have been improved if there was wifi in the rooms too and not just the common areas especially because many international travelers can only communicate with people using wifi.

Our lack of wifi is to encourage interaction between guests - Isaacs used to be famous as a place where people all over the world stayed and made friends - it can't happen when you head is stuck in a computer or phone.

Can be kind of noisy. Thin wall and noisy floors. Don't except oversleeping too much. But apart from that very good stay.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time ask for our ear plugs which is for our lighter sleepers.

Pros: friendly staff, good location, great free walking tour, and real clean. Cons: beds were pretty small, fire alarm went off both mornings we were there, tiny bathrooms, rooms were super hot! Couldn't sleep very well here.

This was a horrible stay. Was in a shared room, which was fine but the walls were so thin that sleep was very lacking. Not one of the stalls in the woman's bathroom locked. I could go on about bad things but the location was good.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay - we have ear plugs for our light sleepers.

Great I was very confortable and the stuff was very nice.

A great place to stay with great staff and atmosphere. Highly recommended.

• 4th Mar 2015

Thanks for your great review - we love guests like you!

15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next » last »