Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Though the hostel offers breakfast, you need pay 2 euros for the locker which exactly is a cage in the basement.

Pretty nice hostel. The staff were amazing and very helpful. Showers could have been a bit nicer. You have to constantly be pressing the button for the hot water to come out. In the morning their was a lot of construction going on and some rooms were right next to the train tracks.

A bit too expensive for what it is : I paid 19 euros for a night in a 6-bed. For this price, I think that the locker should be free. And because the building is clustered into small rooms, it gives a bit of a weird atmosphere in common areas. However, showers, toilets, beds etc. were really clean, which is nice. I would recommend this hostel but next time I will go to a less "crowded" one to get a more friendly/communal atmosphere!

• 13th Apr 2014

Our bedroom was RIGHT next to the train tracks which made it impossible to sleep, dirty bathrooms, terribly uncomfortable and squeaky beds with lumpy pillows, average breakfast, no wifi in the rooms, good location, nice common area.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We do clean the bathrooms every day during the day time period.

Cheerful and friendly staff, clean rooms and a lively atmosphere. Wi fi is only available in the reception area, and each floor could do with an extra toilet and shower or two. A cheap and convenient way to visit everything Dublin has to offer.

• 12th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review. We do have an extra set of showers and toilets in the basement which can be used if we are really busy.

I've been in a lot of hostels and all of them had an important thing in those kind of young hostels, a bar, where you can buy coffees, soft drinks or any other thing. That is maybe the unique thing that I didn't like from that hostel.

It was far Too Loud in the Morning as the Doors were being banged constantly from 7am to noon.

• 11th Apr 2014

Sorry about the noise in the morning. Many of our guest head out sightseeing early. Check out time is 11 so most of the guests should be well gone by then but then our cleaning staff start work.

Its ok I dont mind staying in it.

Thanks for posting your review.

Too noisy. Could hardly sleep because Doors were slammed all night. Bathroom was alright but only 2 sinks on floor,which is not enough. Not too clean either.

So sorry you found the place to be noisy. We do clean the hostel daily though and pride ourselves on cleanliness.

The hostel is nice, but the bathrooms are not good arranged; only two handbasins in a floor is too less!

Thanks so much for your review.

I stayed for 5 days in this Hostel. Nice rooms, good facilities for a nice price. the location is perfect. i was afraid that there would be some noise from the adjacent train track but on top floor and with the windows closed there wasn't any noise. the place was great

• 10th Apr 2014

Thanks for posting your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

FOR 2 IN A private room a hotel room would have been a better deal!

• 6th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

We don't have that many twin and double rooms so they are in great demand.

Good position, nice staff. I would definately advise this hostel if you are intended to visit dublin!

• 5th Apr 2014

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Best hostel I have ever had the pleasure to have stayed in. There is always something fun to do around Isaacs. I am literally in love with this hostel & wish I could book it in every major city around the world. If you are looking for a spacious, beautiful, hip hostel with a home-like feeling, you've found it...why haven't you booked already? the staff is as helpful as can be and so friendly and nice. Showers are clean and fine. Rooms are cumfy. Love love love Isaacs!!! 10/10 would recommend. A+

We love your review - if only all guests could be like you!!! Do come again.

I have never had a problem at Isaac's and I have stayed there twice. The workers are animated and love chatting with you, not to mention they will answer any and all of your questions. They told us excellent/inexpensive places to eat and what areas to avoid in Dublin. The wifi is not the greatest, but they have it, and you'll likely go to the Guinness Brewery anyway, and their wifi makes up for it.

• 4th Apr 2014

Thanks so much for your positive review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

We came to the hostel late at night, and we were welcommed by some very nice staff. The hostel lies close to the city centre and has all you would expect from a hostel table tennis common room

• Norway

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and in Dublin.

the room was very small and had no wifi connection. very disappointed in this.

• 4th Apr 2014

We are sorry you were not happy with the size of your bedroom. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms to encourage social interaction between guests and to avoid disruption to other guests during the night. Hopefully you had a good stay in Dublin despite this.

The Hostle was great for what we needed, central location, cheap, and a place for us to rest our heads on a night. The staff were great apart from one who was very very rude to us! Can't remember his name otherwise I would name and shame as the tone in which he spoke to us was just not nice!! The wi-fi was a massive left down too! That did not work at all during our stay. One final thing is that because there are so many people staying at the Hostle, on a morning you could not get a hot shower.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Thanks for your review. I wish you could tell us who was rude to you - we expect all our staff to be friendly and nice all of the time. We will look into the hot shower issue. Normally the wifi works on the ground floor but it doesn't work in the bedrooms.

I passed a really great time in this hostel. Everybody was nice and smilling. A bad point was at the first night I didn't have my bed free. I had to take another one. The second time someone wake me up because it wasn't my bed... It's not you're fault, it's juste sometimes people don't respect rules.

Thanks for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Isaacs. Sorry someone took your bed.

if you like walking up and down stairs a lot...Isaacs is for you...no lift, which is why I changed location after my few short stays here...only one computer and it was not in working order part of time...breakfast is toast, plain cereal and juice. Laundry less expensive than next hostel I went to, but still it's 3 euro for wash, 3 euro for dry and a lot of up and down the stairs to find time when washer was available. On plus side it is close to the intercity buses.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We hope that the character of the hostel offsets the lack of lifts. We have found that most of our guests use their own laptops or iPads or iPhones and so we need the computers less and less.