Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel. Great location.

• 17th Aug 2015

Do not allow alcohol an the rooms please. We hat a eight bed room and six of them drunk and due to this the room smelled and sleeping was impossible

• 17th Aug 2015

So sorry to hear that your roommates were drunk. We would if possible move you and would intervene if needed. Usually the common rooms are where socialising and drinking would take place, as we do want out guests to have peaceful nights sleep

Great staff, location especially when travelling w/teenage sun. Highly recommend this place for budget travelers.

• 16th Aug 2015

Most wonderfull staff that pass down a very postive vibe right off to anyone who visits!

• 16th Aug 2015

A group of people attempted to mug me at the front door. The front desk would not let me in until about three minutes later, where I was cornered at the door and being threatened. Their excuse was that they didn't know I wasn't with them. A very poor excuse -- the violent threat on the doorstep was apparently my responsibility. The next night, in the room, a man violently talked to himself and subsequently pissed the floor. By the next morning they supposedly removed him, yet he came back.

• 16th Aug 2015

Hostel is good and staff's are kind. Free breakfast is very valuble for budget traveller. One thing I like to recommend is Card key is overused for enter the dorm. 위치 시설 좋아요 카드키 너무 많이 사용해서 불편하긴 하지만 안전한거 같네요

Many thanks, So sorry not sure what you mean re the card key - did you have you have issues with access ?

In total we enjoyed our stay at this hostel. However there were not enough bathrooms for the amount of people that stayed there. Furthermore the train tracks were just outside our window.

• 15th Aug 2015

We had a great stay at isaacs. The staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. Especially after one week in a terrible hostel in Belfast, it felt like coming home when we returned to Isaacs Hostel! Furthermore the hostel decreeds big lockers, a sauna and many more, and also offers great specials like a free walking tour through Dublin or a Backpacker Pubcrawl (definitely recommend the Pubcrawl ;) )

Also wir waren zufrieden. Also es war zwar nicht perfekt, aber es ist halt ein Hostel. Die Toilettentüren auf unserem Gang waren etwas wackelig und hier und da ein paar Dinge, wo man denkt, "könnte man auch mal machen". Aber nichts wo man denkt "nichts wie weg". Insgesamt, hat man sich viel Mühe gegeben das Hostel schön zu machen. Frühstück ist relativ einfach gehalten aber ausreichend, lecker und gut.

• Denmark

The kitchen was absolutely disgusting. The fridges are not cleaned or emptied of old food. I found items over a month old! The hostel staff switch around beds with no notice, so there were frequently issues where someone came back to a stranger in their bed. When brought to the staff, it was given a quick fix that just caused more problems later on. Also, the hostel rooms are very hot even when it's cool outside! The area the hostel is in isn't nice; I walked past a man doing drugs in the alley!

• 14th Aug 2015

Gran experiencia en Isaacs Hostel. Todo perfecto excepto el ruído del tren, pero es algo que se puede soportar. Un saludo!

• Spain

Useful as a place to sleep but I found myself wanting to spend as little time there as I could. It did it's job though, so it was fine.

Great Place Next Time Staub there

The train is very noisy

• Spain

Süßes, kleines Hostel. Relativ sauber für ein Histel, kostenlose riesige locker, gutes preisleistungsverhältnis

Vielen dank

Everything was great - from staff to people who were staying there. And the vibe is so good.

• Slovenia

전 믹스룸이었는데 8인실 간격이 무척 좁고 화장실도 없어서 좀 불편했어요. 사실 가격을 생각하면 나쁘진 않아요. 직원들도 친절한편이에요. 나중에 시설좋다고 묶었던 곳보다 친절했어요. 위치도 템플가거리 중심지역은 아닙니다만 길가는 사람들한테 물어봐도 알정도의 위치에 있어요. 그리고 전차가 바로 건물 옆으로 지나갑니다. 정말 바로 옆으로 그냥 지나가요. ㅎㅎ밤엔 다행히 운행을 안했지만 낮에도 시끄러웠어요. 제가 예민한편은 아니라고 생각하는데 나중에 만난 외국인애들은 가격생각하면 나쁘진 않다고 하긴하더라구요.

I was absolutely delighted by Isaacs. I've never traveled alone before and they made me feel right at home. The people at the front desk were amazing and helpful! Kevin rocks! The pub crawl was a great way to meet people. I would highly recommend it. Isaacs is in an amazing location, around a 10-20 minute walk to almost everywhere in the city. I stayed in both a female and mixed dorm and they were both great. The train makes quite a bit of noise but it didn't bother me! I will stay here again!

Je ne recommande pas cet établissement.

• 13th Aug 2015

A beautiful and cozy place to feel at home and know people for every part of the world. Problems with the water at the bathroom, was annoying.

• 11th Aug 2015