Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great hostel, except for two things: 1) No hot water DURING THE WINTER! It was super cold in January and I could not find a bedroom with hot water. It was, at best, warmish. ... 2) No wifi in the bedrooms! THAT SUCKS! I needed to be in contact with some friends and I had to sit in the common room for hours because the wifi doesn't work in the rooms. How can this still be a thing? Just for that I wouldn't recommend or stay in Isaacs again.

The atmosphere in Isaacs Hostel was great and the staff really nice and helpful. There were enough bathrooms even though there were many people staying when I was there. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean. The shower wasn't really warm but it wasn't cold either. I didn't lack anything.

• 26th Jan 2016

Muy bueno, perfecta localización y excelente relación calidad-precio. Tener en cuenta que EL WIFI NO LLEGA A LAS HABITACIONES, así que para usarlo se tiene que ir al comedor/recepción. El suelo hace bastante ruido por las noches al pisarlo.

Incredible!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • Spain

My stay at Isaacs Hostel was really nice, I arrived to early, I couldn't check in in my room but it was no problem to get a keys for the lockers. I could also keep the locker on my depature day until the evening, although I had to check out in the morning, that was quite nice. The staff was super friendly and always helpfull. My room was a 6-bed room, and was clean and tidy, the same as the bathroom. The only annoying thing was that the shower had never warm water.

• 25th Jan 2016

Cheap price and good location. Rooms very small and basic. Far too hot in the room which was unbearable at times. Staff pretty miserable and uninterested

Top! Busy common rooms, clean bathrooms and bedrooms. Free locker for the day and a sauna & kitchen. Best value hostel! The small cafe/restaurant around the corner is very good and cheap. Bus station is around the corner as well! 10-15 minutes walking distance to Temple Bar along the Liffey. Cool pubs around too.

• 21st Jan 2016

The bathrooms felt very dirty, there was so soundproofing so the hallways were incredibly loud, and the showers had no hot water at any time of day, and the water only lasted about 10 seconds before shutting off, making it very difficult to take a shower. The breakfast served at the hostel was extremely limited and ran out of things quickly

• 20th Jan 2016

There should really be more than two plugs in a room

• 20th Jan 2016

An awesome place to stay for the amount you pay! Walking distance to all the pubs and very easy to find the place! I reccommend to anyone that's looking for a hostel to stay here!

• 20th Jan 2016

Isaacs is a very young and cosy place, with very friendly staff! Facilities are nice and clean and the atmosphere is very good! Also free breakfast is a plus. Highly recommended.

Tuve una muy buena experiencia. Muy buen ambiente, el personal fue muy amable. La zona común era perfecta para conversar y tomarse unos tragos. Buena música. Recomiendo 100%.

The man's Shower on the first floor aroung room 119 is cold the best kitchen i have seen so far

• 19th Jan 2016

It was an absolutely wonderful place! The staff was so friendly and always willing to help. The facilities was always kept clean and the environment in general was pleasant. The location was absolutely ideal as well as it was just down the road from O'Connell Street which is convenient as the Spire was how I used to get around, really. It was great, I loved it.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

My stay was great. The staff is helpful and the location was perfect!

Great facilities and friendly staff great atmosphere. Only down side i would say is wifi not reaching higher floors and a lack of plugs in the dorms and the communal showers not cleaned on a regular basis during busy times. However overall would stay here again.

• 16th Jan 2016

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay.

Second time i stayed at Isaacs. Number one reason i stay here i the price value. The hostel have pretty much all I ask for when i stay in Dublin. Not the faciest place but good backpacking atmosphere.

• 15th Jan 2016
  • Sweden

The hostel is really good. The only bad thing is the cold shower :(

• 15th Jan 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. The breakfast setup wad good and the service by staff was excellent. I appreciate the help you guys gave us specially the lady and gentlemen who checked us in on the 16th. please take some time to give me your names. Thanks to the lady who did the linnen too.. will tell anyone heading that way to check in. look forward to comming back Will likotho suggest thdistur install a few light fittiigs so that one can

• 14th Jan 2016
  • Sri Lanka

So glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm not sure who checked you in but we will look back and see who it was and pass on your comments.

No room to sit in the common area because it's the only place with WiFi. The hostel likes to book groups of school-age kids that run around the hallways yelling. Only 3 toilets per floor to be shared with all rooms without an ensuite. Kitchen is closed at prime lunch hours. The cleaning staff is probably the most rude staff I've encountered anywhere. They treat you like a nuisance instead of a guest. The trains rolling by aren't nearly as loud as the squeaking of the bunk beds.