Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Absolutely no complaints! Issacs was a very comfortable, fun atmosphere. The staff was remarkably helpful and the rooms were perfect. Definitely recommend. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in.

• 1st Apr 2014

The staff was not helpful. They charged for lockers which should come standard. There was elevator and no wifi in the rooms, which meant that when we were looking up information on attractions we had to sit in the common areas which were crowded and loud. There was a train directly outside of our window White bread and juice is not a "light breakfast". There were no top sheets on the beds, just a bottom sheet and a blanket.. One of the lights in our room did not work so it was very dark.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Isaacs. Unfortunately it is common practice to charge for locker rental so this is not standard. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms for a couple of reasons - mainly because we want our guests to talk to each other and make new friends and secondly people tapping away on a computer in the middle of the night can disturb other guests who want to sleep. Regarding the bed linen we provide a bottom sheet and a duvet which has a duvet cover which is changed daily.

- Spacious rooms - Lack of sockets! -WIFI only available in the common area - Try to not be on 3rd floor as there is a train passing every 20 min. (It's a bridge) - In general, good hostel and great price!

Thanks for your review We are glad you enjoyed your stay but have taken on board your comments regarding the sockets which is something we are looking at at the moment. We are very central so there is a noise from the street and the train but we do have rooms at the back of the hostel which are quieter so if you are coming again ask for a room at the back. And we offer ear plugs for our lighter sleepers.

had a blast and met cool people. its fine for young people

• 31st Mar 2014

Some guests are a bit noisy when they come late at night.

• 30th Mar 2014

Thanks for your review. Delighted you enjoyed your stay at Isaacs.

Even though we were the oldest (from far!) in the hostel, we enjoyed our stay so much! The staff is very nice and helped us with our plane tickets, bus times etc. The hostel is very clean as well. Close to everything, very recommendable hostel!

Thanks so much for your nice review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

VERY helpful, fun, knowledgable staff who provided early breakfast for us (great breakfast!). Pretty central location. But the bathrooms were always filthy, so crowded and noisy, and I was worried about the security. I got my money's worth though and it served its purpose! I guess thats expected when you are sharing a 16 person cheap room.

Thanks for your review. We do take our security very seriously and have lots of things in place to keep everyone safe such as key cards which must be shown on entry, video cameras, lockers and safes.

Nous ne sommes resté que quelques jours dans cette auberge mais elle nous aura marqué. Lit creusé et grinçant, plancher qui craque, toilettes tjr pleines de papier partt (papier usagé je précise, après nous sommes p-e tombé sur la mauvaise semaine...), manque d'air, de lumière et d'intimité dans la chambre...HEUREUSEMENT que le personnel accueil et entretien est sympathique et aidant, et que l'ambiance y est conviviale.

• 27th Mar 2014

Merci pour votre critique. Nous sommes déçus que vous n'étiez pas contents avec l'auberge sauf notre personnel.

I had a lot of luggage as I was on the way to the airport and they put me on the third floor and wouldn't even look into getting me another room or any help with my luggage. I found it very challenging to get up three flights of stairs with two bags at 50 pounds. Took two trips

• 27th Mar 2014

Terrible! I chose this hostel because of the good comments but DONT DO IT, people from desk are really rude! The building is a labyrinth, shared room is terrible because of the location of beds which are old and not clean, you don't have a place to keep your stuff safe in the room (like so many other hostels do). Is far from center Dublin (I mean you will definitely find something in the center, better and cheaper) A good thing: the guy from the late night and the girl from the breakfast place.

We're really disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us.

auberge sympathique avec beaucoup de place , table de ping pong, sauna qui font la différence, mais peut etre trop grande pour les personne qui restent longtemps

Merci pour votre critique. Nous sommes contents que vous étiez heureux avec notre auberge.

Benging doors made my night terrible!!!!!!

So sorry for this problem and thanking you for posting your comment. We will look at addressing this issue.

wonderful pub crawl, we'd payed dividends, excellent walking tour of Dublin with an energic touristic guide

• 21st Mar 2014

It's the best location you can get in Dublin. Period.

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Thanks for your good review. - Do come again.

It's a good hostel, realy close to bus station and the train station. During the day we can hear trains, but at night we sleept realy good, a realy warm room. Wifi just works in comon areas. I know i will choose it again. Un buen hosetel, cerca de la estacion de bus y la de tren Por el dia se oyen pasar los trenes pero por la noche np(o no los oimos) La habitacion era muy calentita Wifi solo funciona en las areas comunes Si volviese a dublin probablemente volveria a este hostel.

Thanks so much for your great review and for taking the time to write it in 2 languages - very impressive - do come again.

I recommend the bar crawl. It was really fun and took you to good pubs! The showers were cold, and it was pretty noisy in the 16 bed female room, but I would still stay there again.

Thanks for your nice review- we will look into your comment about the cold showers - there should be plenty of hot water at all times.

It's a nice hostel in the centre of Dublin. In case of needing to go to the airport during the night, they have a bus that takes you there in 30min, for 6€. You need to book it in the reception before. The only negative thing I'd point is that the lockers are outside the rooms, in the basement, and that you need to pay 2€ in case you want to keep it during the night (during the day is for free). According to one of the reception guys there is an Striptease but he didn't want to tell us whr

Boxes under the bed would be very nice to put bags or suitcases in. Just that you have the chance to lock something in your room.

• 18th Mar 2014

Isaacs Hostel was better than I imagined. The staff was amazing, especially Florin. He went above and beyond in making this experience what is was for us. He was very informative and helpful. Great experience, great staff, great hostel!!

• 18th Mar 2014

Isaac's has a great atmosphere for young travelers. The rooms are quiet but the lounge area (also check-in) can be quite noisy. I like that Wi-Fi is only available downstairs; it forces guests to mingle. No outlets in the bathrooms means in the winter you have to wake up your roommates to blow dry your hair if you leave early. Very friendly/helpful staff. Hostel is a little difficult to find from the train station though.

Many thanks for your review which is great particularly love that you mention the Wifi downstairs encourages guest mingling .! We agree ! We will see if we can do anything to improve directions from Train station. It's only a 3 min walk but maybe some new online how to get to videos would help ?