Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Superb. Busy weekend in Dublin, staff had time to talk to customers, breakfast superb if crowded, coffee fresh and plenty of it. Located next to a railway line, with the windows open yes there was noise. Toilets for gents perhaps missing urinals, just 2 toilets on the floor. Hats off to the cleaners, I rescued a future antique glass from a bar, with the landlord's permission, which was confiscated until checkout but returned clean and labelled to me. No possibility of breakage or injury.

Located in the dirty part of Dublin, near a noisy railway. AThere was no water the day we arrived !! Which is unaceptable.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great place to stay on a budget. Super friendly and helpful staff.They have lockers so if you worry about your leaving your stuff , I would suggest to take advantage of lockers. Absolutely loved my stay there. Definitely recommend if you would like to save and spend money rather on sights and drinks.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

If i'm ever coming back to Dublin then this hostel will be the first place i'll look

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

We stayed in a private room and that was perfect: comfortable, spacious and the bathroom was very near. The problem is that you can hear all the noises of your neighbours, so we couldn't sleep very well. It's a hostel full of life and young people, that's good but if you want to sleep it's a problem. I think the hostel staff should control more the timetable to do noises at night.

Only stayed for one night, and spent very little time in the hostel, but it seemed great while I was there. Went on a fun pub crawl that the hostel sets you up with, would recommend that as a good way to meet people.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really nice staff. Cleaned the facility everyday! Was in a wonderful location in Dublin.

• 9th Jun 2015

Decent hostel, decent location. Unfortunately we were there at the same time at a school so there wear kids running around and yelling to each other in the hallways and bathrooms until pretty late at night.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very good location and rooms were clean. Only problem we had was on/off again hot water

• 8th Jun 2015

Isaacs Hostel was probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed at- the bathrooms in particular were very clean! What I didn't like was that there is only wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms. Also some of the rooms are right next to the train tracks so the noise can be deafening when a train comes by.

So good to hear about the cleanliness. We find that only wifi in the Lobby makes for a more sociable and vibrant atmosphere but we do understand your comments. We have ear plugs at reception for lighter sleepers if you are returning and fortunately the trains only run till 11.30pm

My stay was ruined by being allocated room 214, supposedly an upgrade, which was right next to the railway tracks AND suffered from the noise of partying guests in the street outside the window until 04:00. Not easy to get much sleep under such conditions. It was easy to tell that the two groups of guests belonged to the hostel - they made lots of noise inside when they eventually came in.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We are so very sorry to hear this and will email you directly in this respect

This place was great staff & ppl were fun just very old building and too many ppl in one room is no sleep at night only stay In smaller rooms 16ppl is way too much

• 4th Jun 2015

Glad you liked us . The 16 pp dorms are the best value and there is higher demand but it does not suit everyone but we do have smaller dorms from 4 - 12 bed also available if you are back with us

I had an amazing stay! The staff was very considerate and helpful, the facilities were always clean, the rooms were big enough (I stayed in an 8 dorm bedroom, but that never felt too crowded or anything). I've never felt as safe and felt like my belongings were secured as much as at this hostel. You have to use your key card for most places (except the reception and the kitchen) and that was perfect for me. Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Thank you very, very much!

Thank YOU , Thank YOU, Thank YOU !

Great staff, friendly and helpful

Great place. Really close to the middle of Dublin. Staff was friendly, everything was clean and the bathrooms were really nice. However, our room was really noisy since it was next to the tramway. A good idea would be asking for a room not next to it. Loved our experience !

So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer ear plugs at Reception for our lighter sleepers.

The hostel is a pretty hectic environment and hidden in an alleyway that can be difficult to find at first. Other than that, Isaacs was a great value.

I thought Isaacs was wonderful. A spacious room, shower and laundry facilities, and a free sauna! It was a little warm in the basement from time to time, but all in all a great place to stay.

Honestly anyone who gives this Hostel a bad review has a stick up their ass. Great atmosphere and awesome place to meet people, especially with the pub crawl every night! If I'm in Dublin again I will for sure be going to Isaacs!

How wonderful - you certainly call a spade a spade!! Do come again.

Good location near O'Connell Street, free breakfast and sauna. Friendly and helpful staff

Glad you enjoyed the hostel. Do visit us again.

I would recommend having lockers in the rooms, and not charging for them. Also, I returned my locket key that I paid for to rent, and also paid a deposit on, and they forgot to pack me back. Other than that my experience was perfect. I love all of the different common rooms, showers/bathrooms were fine, I met some amazing people, the staff was amazing and very helpful, and the location was unbeatable. The trains were loud but I was expecting them so it didn't affect my ratings.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay - we actually used to have free lockers years ago but people broke them all - it operates better when people actually have to pay for them.