Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The room was too hot to keep the window shut. And sleeping next to the railway, it was near-impossible to sleep in the morning with the trains passing by.

Really good venue! Close to the center, the bus station, the train station... The staff was nice and useful.

• 27th Jul 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff are extremely friendly! So, my friend and I were staying two nights. However, se accidentally only booked one bed for the first night. One of the staff helped us immediately. We told him out situation. He looked for a bed, and there was only one bed left! He switched things around and even managed to place us in the same room! We were very thankful! Overall, the staff are extremely friendly and the hostel has a really cool vibe.

Thanks for posting your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Everything is great except safe storage space for your bags. But there are small lockers for documents for additional fee.

It is unfortunate that our left luggage cages are in the basement - unfortunately there isn't enough room in the bedrooms to put in additional luggage facilities.

Didn't like the push button showers and it would have been more convenient to have Internet in the rooms as well but there's nothing else I could pick on to criticise nice clean place most of the staff were excellent great location!

Thanks for posting your comments - glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking at the push button showers - difficult to find a good alternative but we will keep looking.

Rooms on the third floor are boiling hot, so much so, it is impossible to sleep! Bar crawl that the staff offer is not as good as it sounds. Good facilities at the hostel and a good location.

• 25th Jul 2014

It's rare that the weather is great in Dublin so hot rooms are a rarity too. Sorry you didn't enjoy the pub crawl - we get great feedback from a lot of customers which is why we recommend it.

The hostel is good, however they don't have wifi in the room, so you need stay in commum area. The bed is ok, however if you stay in a room with much people as I did can be some dificult for you sleep.

I love the sauna and the free city walk! Otherwise, good location, friendly staff, very clean

The staff is very friendly and I loved the quizz! The location is very convinient too.

showers were terrible

• 23rd Jul 2014

We had a great stay in the hostel. The Good: The rooms were nice and clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The facilities were pretty decent. The included breakfast is decent too. Not loads of choice but good. The Bad: The showers have to have a button pressed every few minutes otherwise it switches off. Only one heat setting. There also seems to be no ventilation so the corridors and rooms feel warm.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I thought the staff were great, but I didn't like the fact that it was located so close to the train line. I like to sleep in so it was difficult for me. I also thought my room was a bit dirty but it was manageable.

• 20th Jul 2014

Great Hostel!

The staff were very helpful

Only complaint was that the rooms were far too warm.

• 18th Jul 2014

In terms of security, the card swipe on my floor that gives access to people was broken so anyone could come through my level. I thought the cleanliness of the kitchen was below the standard I am used to in hostels. And, I did not feel safe walking back to the hostel at night. The hostel is a bit isolated and far from the area I was eating and drinking.

Bit noisy early in the mornings and quite warm but otherwise no issues at all.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Great hostel with a very friendly staff, really good value for money. Nice breakfasts, clean bathrooms and all in all nothing to complain about, maybe except the fact that the room we stayed in was a bit bit noisy due to the train passing right next to it from early morning but otherwise a very good place to stay in Dublin.

There was some mold in a wall corner in our room. The ventilation in the showers is inadequate; it’s almost always hot & humid and you’re sweating as soon as you get out of the shower. Everything else was great!

The issacs hostel was a great stay, the place very good if you want to socialise with other travellers, and has plenty of stuff going on, the building is a pretty one and somewhere you definitely feel more homey and cosy( especially the common room ,the staff where genuinely social friendly people, great value for money considering all the facilites they have and the central location. i would definatley reccomend issacs and id love to return someday, cheers!

• 17th Jul 2014