Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

We weren't too impressed with Isaacs Hostel.. It was okay. The hostel was very busy and crammed in the main lobby and breakfast area. Our room located on the top floor was very hot and uncomfortable. Some positives were the staff - they were very helpful and friendly.

We had a wonderful stay at Isaacs, only downside was the stinking hot room! Made for a few bad nights rest but apart from that the hostel was great and the staff really helpful

Isaac's was a great hostel with friendly staff & great opportunities to socialize OR relax in the awesome basement, depending on what you felt like. There is no wifi in the rooms, only in the lobby, which was annoying on a few occasions. And the room was HOT and humid a few of the nights, but they do offer a few fans at the front desk and you have access to opening the windows.

Thank you very much, I recommend the is place to everyone. Our roommates were wonderful and we had the greatest time. The staff is genuinely friendly and helpful, the location is central and makes every activity very easy and last but not least, the sauna is a great original one ! Reminded my of finland :)

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Staff were very helpful. Would stay here again.

• 1st Jul 2014

Staff was very helpful with giving me directions and I felt safe. The only thing is that the breakfast was not amazing, just better than other hostels I've been to...

• 1st Jul 2014

Lovely place to stay, as it's so handy to to the city centre, the staff are really welcoming and it's a great place to make friends and chill out! Thanks for the great hospitality!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Perfect location.

The staff was beyond helpful with any question I had about Dublin. They were always available night and day. I was little bummed out to find out when I returned to Dublin that there wasn't any vacancy, hands down the best trip of my life.

• 28th Jun 2014

Perfect location, clean rooms, but terribly loud.

The temperature in the place is insane. Far to hot in the rooms. More of a lads on tour vibe than a backpacker one. Not a bad thing if that is what you are looking for. Not enough showers and no wifi in rooms isn't great. Not a bad hostel just a very average one.

A bit far from the main bits in dublin but other than that no problems at all. Perfect for traveling solo

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Spain

The Isaacs Hostel is comfortably close to the city core (3mins by foot). It's full of young people gathering at the lobby, lots of healthy drinking in the evening and good speaker music setting the mood. Unfortunately, the train tracks are just in front of the rooms (although the train is much slower and quieter during the night)! Another thing I didn't like was not having lockers in the room, it really makes one person unease about personal valuables.

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

This place is awesome! They really tried their best to make me welcome. My room was originally too hot, so they gave me a free upgrade and were so nice about it! I had the best time, thanks guys!

An excellent place to stay. Lively, but not noisy. Most of the staff are very helpful and friendly, they'll do their best to sort out any issues at any hour. I'd come back just for the atmosphere, forget Dublin!

Great location, stay, EVERYTHING!

What an awful place! The room was unbearably stuffy, the window would neither stay open nor stay closed. No air conditioning. Squeaky floorboards. VERY squeaky beds. Frantic staff. Located in a rough part of town. The only redeeming feature was the airport shuttle bus, although it didn't arrive on time, and never does, aparently. Definitely for first-time globetrotters rather than seasoned travellers.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Sorry you didn't appear to enjoy your stay at our hostel. it is not usual for it to be so warm but we do have some fans for our guests when it too warm (a couple of weeks a year at most).

It was a great stay among great people in a great location with excellent facilities. I would definitely recommend it, and will be staying there whenever I am in Dublin!

• 21st Jun 2014

The hostel is EXTREMELY NOISY! Instead of Isaacs Hostel a better name would be SlamingDoors Hostel. This is definitely a problem. The wooden floors are noisy too. So it is impossible to have a normal sleep. So they have to do something on this. That is the reason I would not recommend it to other people unless you have no problem with it.

• 21st Jun 2014

Great place to stay! Just right by the bridge to get to the side where everything is. It's clean and big! The rooms are clean and they have big bathrooms.. Maybe could use a few more sinks in the girls. It can get crowded. Overall good!

Thanks for your positive review - glad you enjoyed it.