Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel is quite nicely set up but the security is a little too much I guess. In order to get to the rooms you need to cross multiple barriers with your key card and you have to carry a sheet of paper with your name and departure date at all times. The common room is the highlight with long benches and an open fire . But the kitchen is tiny and in my experience always dirty and the fridge has not seen a clean out for weeks. I witnessed the staff to be very rude to other people, not me though.

• 13th Nov 2014

-great staff! -good with free tour

• Sweden

It is a safe place to go to. And the staff is friendly. It is close to the centre.

• 13th Nov 2014

Thanks so much - glad you enjoyed your stay.

Funny people. Great service. Awesome hostel.

• Portugal

Wonderful review - thank you so much

The staff were great! Friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were pretty clean however the kitchen was gross and dirty. Wifi only worked down stairs which meant it was very unsocial area 'cause everyone was on their phones/laptops. Not a great atmosphere. Rooms were clean.

Thanks for your review. We do clean our kitchen daily (twice daily actually) but we need our guests to clean up after themselves too.

It was great and unforgettable, the best hostel I have stayed so far. well done to Isaacs hostel 's staff and owner.

• 9th Nov 2014

We love your review - so nice to hear. Thank you.

Just the perfect hostel

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Portugal

And the perfect review!! Thank you.

We loved our stay here. The staff was very friendly and helped in any way they could!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Good hostel, good breakfast, really strict rules, very helpful staff, ultimately I advice to stay in this hostel!

Thank you so much - we have the strict rules because we are very concerned about the safety for our guest and we want them to get a good nights sleep as well as have a good time in Dublin.

There aren't box for bag and personal things in the room, there are no light on every bad, the bathroom are not so clean, the breakfast is too much early

• 7th Nov 2014

Sorry you didn;t enjoy your stay with us. Unfortunately there isn't room for lockers in the rooms. A light on every bed would be great and we are planning for this in our next refurbishment.

We were sold on the sauna

• 6th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Fanstastic - so happy you enjoyed your stay,

I booked the 13 people shared room in the top floor. I think the floor is too noisy when you walk, and so are the bunk beds. Also, there is no door in both bathrooms, male and female, what is bad specially for the girls. I think that it is just a matter of stretching a little your neck to see the girls using the facility. Apart from that, the place is nice, have a good value for money, the staff is very nice and the breakfast is not so basic as they say - for my girlfriend and I twas great!

Thanks so much for your comments - you have made some valid points and we will take them on board. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We stayed in a two bed room and it was very nice .Overall a lovely hostel - but would have liked seperate facilites - showers and toilets - for men and women - just not comfortable with it mixed and I think lots of women and maybe men too would feel this But apart from this - a lovely hostel

• 6th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Thank you so much - glad you liked the hostel - we actually do have separate facilites - male and female showers and toilets are on each floor.

I liked the entire place. The common areas were great. Using the lockers for a deposit only the day of travel was a huge help.

Thanks for your lovely review - So delighted you enjoyed your stay.

It was great time in Isaacs... wonderful people :-) so open, so positive. I had lot of fun being there. Bathrooms could be little bigger ;-).

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Poland

Thanks so much - we love reviews like yours.

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in - really enjoyed our night here. Great communal facilities and everyone was really friendly. Only downside would be lack of lockers in the dormitories.

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

beware the cleaners, some of them steal your non perishable things at the kitchen from your basket (mint tea, silver paper...)i asked them and they recognized it....anyway, i ´ll try not to come back

I really don't think our cleaners would have taken your tea bags- they clean in there so they would recognise the stuff.

Pretty much everything at Isaacs was great: the friendly staff and general atmosphere over there made you really feel welcome, good maintenance (cleanliness), not to mention there was a sauna! As a finnish guy I can really appreciate access to one after a long day :) The only complaint I really have about the place is the bad wifi reception in the basement, a second wifi router could do wonders to this.

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Finland

Thanks for your email - delighted you liked our hostel.

Wifi does not work in rooms, but works great in common areas. Comfortable beds, plenty of plugs, fairly clean. Great location. Friendly helpful staff. Self-service laundry. Overall great hostel. Would stay here again.

Thanks so much for your feedback - delighted you enjoyed your stay.

This hostel is the best I've stayed in so far! Im a month into a 2.5 month trip backpacking Europe. It has a great staff amazing location and is a hub for fellow back packers! Met so awesome people!! Some claim its too loud that was never once an issue i slept like a corpse! A few downsides just to be fair is it can get hot and muggy in the first floor rooms and there is no wifi access in the rooms! Also so but not all of the showers are those push buttons that only stay on for 20 seconds.

Thank you so much for your feedback - we will see what we can do with the shower push button.