Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It was a good place to stay! I didn't realize that each room would not have their personal bathroom but rather a communal bathroom each floor shares, but that's my fault! They have air of opportunities for the hostel stayers to mingle which I like and everything was clean. You must constantly press a button to keep the shower going but it's a way to save water!

The staff was awesome and very accommodating considering one from our party forgot to confirm since she paid with PayPal. The showers were cold-ish though and you had to hold down the button the whole time. The atmosphere was great, very friendly. They're weren't lockers in the rooms, but down in the basement. The 8 person room we were in was kinda cramped, but that's what you get sometimes. Location to the train and bus station was great, not a far walk to the center of town.

I had a lot of problems with this hostel. The hostel charges extra for every single thing. It is obviously a big hostel, and I expected them to do a much better job. You had to pay for good security. The location was right by the station, but about a 15 minute walk from the city center. I didn't mind the walk. The staff was very helpful and nice. The best part about the hostel was the staff. There wasn't enough staff, and that was clear. The bathrooms and kitchens could have been nicer.

Almost everything was really fantastic: nice rooms, showers, internet, etc. And the staff were all massively helpful and welcoming EXCEPT for one guy who - when we needed to leave quickly to get our bus to the airport (we missed it and had to get a cab so we weren't late) - was incredibly rude and arrogant, and instead of working behind the desk to help us, was hanging around the reception area trying to impress girls. I don't know who this guy is but quite frankly you need to fire him.

• 13th Jun 2015

The facility was really poor. There were a total of 4 outlets available to the 16 people in our room and no kind of individual light, so once the light in the room was turned off, you couldn't see. I was woken up for an hour at 0300 by some kids who turned the light on and wouldn't turn it off. The water was also broken in the entire house for a day. No showers and no toilets.

Superb. Busy weekend in Dublin, staff had time to talk to customers, breakfast superb if crowded, coffee fresh and plenty of it. Located next to a railway line, with the windows open yes there was noise. Toilets for gents perhaps missing urinals, just 2 toilets on the floor. Hats off to the cleaners, I rescued a future antique glass from a bar, with the landlord's permission, which was confiscated until checkout but returned clean and labelled to me. No possibility of breakage or injury.

Located in the dirty part of Dublin, near a noisy railway. AThere was no water the day we arrived !! Which is unaceptable.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great place to stay on a budget. Super friendly and helpful staff.They have lockers so if you worry about your leaving your stuff , I would suggest to take advantage of lockers. Absolutely loved my stay there. Definitely recommend if you would like to save and spend money rather on sights and drinks.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

If i'm ever coming back to Dublin then this hostel will be the first place i'll look

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

We stayed in a private room and that was perfect: comfortable, spacious and the bathroom was very near. The problem is that you can hear all the noises of your neighbours, so we couldn't sleep very well. It's a hostel full of life and young people, that's good but if you want to sleep it's a problem. I think the hostel staff should control more the timetable to do noises at night.

Only stayed for one night, and spent very little time in the hostel, but it seemed great while I was there. Went on a fun pub crawl that the hostel sets you up with, would recommend that as a good way to meet people.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really nice staff. Cleaned the facility everyday! Was in a wonderful location in Dublin.

• 9th Jun 2015

Decent hostel, decent location. Unfortunately we were there at the same time at a school so there wear kids running around and yelling to each other in the hallways and bathrooms until pretty late at night.

• 9th Jun 2015

Very good location and rooms were clean. Only problem we had was on/off again hot water

• 8th Jun 2015

Isaacs Hostel was probably the cleanest hostel I've stayed at- the bathrooms in particular were very clean! What I didn't like was that there is only wifi in the lobby, not in the rooms. Also some of the rooms are right next to the train tracks so the noise can be deafening when a train comes by.

So good to hear about the cleanliness. We find that only wifi in the Lobby makes for a more sociable and vibrant atmosphere but we do understand your comments. We have ear plugs at reception for lighter sleepers if you are returning and fortunately the trains only run till 11.30pm

My stay was ruined by being allocated room 214, supposedly an upgrade, which was right next to the railway tracks AND suffered from the noise of partying guests in the street outside the window until 04:00. Not easy to get much sleep under such conditions. It was easy to tell that the two groups of guests belonged to the hostel - they made lots of noise inside when they eventually came in.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We are so very sorry to hear this and will email you directly in this respect

This place was great staff & ppl were fun just very old building and too many ppl in one room is no sleep at night only stay In smaller rooms 16ppl is way too much

• 4th Jun 2015

Glad you liked us . The 16 pp dorms are the best value and there is higher demand but it does not suit everyone but we do have smaller dorms from 4 - 12 bed also available if you are back with us

I had an amazing stay! The staff was very considerate and helpful, the facilities were always clean, the rooms were big enough (I stayed in an 8 dorm bedroom, but that never felt too crowded or anything). I've never felt as safe and felt like my belongings were secured as much as at this hostel. You have to use your key card for most places (except the reception and the kitchen) and that was perfect for me. Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! Thank you very, very much!

Thank YOU , Thank YOU, Thank YOU !

Im ganzen ein gutes Hostel mit freundlichen Personal. Im 8 Betten Zimmer ist es jedoch sehr laut, da genau gegenüber die Bahnschienen verlaufen oder die nicht mehr ganz nüchternen Besucher zurück kommen.

• 4th Jun 2015

Vielen dank, Entschuldigen fur die nicht mehr ganz nüchternen Besucher!

Great staff, friendly and helpful