Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Arrived at isaacs for the acdc concert on Wednesday and had forgot my photo ID as I had changed my bag and purse before travelling! fortunately my husband had some on him, a massive thank you to guy on reception for accepting it... My daughter had recommended isaacs hostel to me and I can see why, friendly staff, super clean bedrooms/bathrooms, I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin, I most definitely will be visiting again.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

Creaky floors are annoying. Showers have no shelves/space to put your belongings when you're taking a shower (other than at the very top, on a small ledge with the risk of your things falling off anyways). There is no door to the shower/toilet, so people walking by can see it. This also makes the hallway/floor VERY humid.

• 30th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere. Only downfall was wifi only worked in the common room. Showers were not very good and the rooms were hot

No lift facilities, not good for the tenant who bringing big, heavy luggage Even luggage room also far from reception, and there was complicated process to use it. Breakfast also too light, not enough, some bowls were empty, nobody did care.

Bien ubicado justo al lado de la estación de autobuses y trenes,aunque en un callejón,el personal muy bueno,el dormitorio y las camas bien,pero en un 3 piso y sin ascensor,sin internet en las habitaciones pero muy bueno internet en las areas comunes,que también eran grandes y buenas,buena cocina pero quizá no lo suficientemente grande para el volumen de huéspedes(llegan escuelas con montones de jóvenes)en general muy bueno.aunque le pondría taquillas gratuitas en el dormitorio.

Fora a recepção que é muito bonita e aconchegante, todo o resto deixa a desejar. Quartos muito quentes e com pouca ou nenhuma ventilação, as camas são confortáveis e os lockers pagos, 2 euros à noite. Atendimento varia de acordo com o atendente um muito atencioso, os outros nem tanto. É uma opção para quem quer gastar pouco com hospedagem, porém ja fiquei em outros lugares pelo mesmo preço e com muito mais conforto.

It as a lovely stay with great people. Will definitely have to come and stay again

J'ai bien aimé mon séjour au Isaacs. C'est un endroit très sécuritaire, propre et friendly. Les gens sont sympathiques et les employés , dynamique et souriant. J'y retournais sans hésiter et je recommande cette place fortement. Toutefois, voici un petit point à améliorer. L'été, je trouves personnellement qu'il manque de ventilation dans les chambres et près des toilettes et des douches. Il fait très chaud, c'est peut-être à cause des saunas dans le sous-sol.

• 28th Jun 2015

Great Hostel! I stayed there three nights. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It's also within walking distance of all the main attractions to visit in Dublin and a five minute walk to the train station.

Me trataron muy bien. Los baños estaban siempre limpios como así también los cuartos. Los últimos eran muy espaciosos y con mucha iluminación. El personal muy atento y agradable y el ambiente era muy acogedor. Lo único que tenía es que no se podía usar wifi en los cuartos.

Best Hostel i was in, in my 3 week tripp in Irland. Nice public rooms (great to meet new people). The only bad thing I have to say was the trainrail next to my room (314). I have a strong sleap so it was not a big problem for my but I met some people they had some bad nights because of this...

The room i stayed was very hot and it didnt have window so there wasnt fresh air in the room and outside there is a train going right above the hostel so it shakes the ground and makes a lot of noise

Great value for money. Decent location as was only a short walk over the bridge to Temple Bar and a decent breakfast if you like boiled eggs and toast.

Très bonne auberge ! Le personnel est accueillant et aimable, les chambres et sanitaires propres. Seul petit bémol, la chaleur dans le dortoir !

• 26th Jun 2015

Such an amazing place to stay! Best hostel I have ever been to. The people who stay here are amazing and the memories will last a life time

Room was too hot, probably from the drinks machine located out the front. A fan was placed in the room which was helpful.

• 26th Jun 2015

On my floor only two bathroom (for man) for maybe 50 people. In the Rooms there were 4 sockets for six beds. Bathroom with no doors and plenty of noise coming from at night. Friendly atmosphere. Good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2015

I recommend it to all travellers!!! The establishment is clean and safe and the staff is very nice. At the reception one gets easily information about the different activities that can be performed as a tourist and the free activities organized by the same hostel. The Hostel has a tennis table and I could play and have fun a lot. The next time you return to Dublin I’ll try to book the same place as the location is perfect very close to the centre only 5 minutes Julio Coronado

• 25th Jun 2015

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They also provided us with all the information we needed. We appreciated being able to leave our bags locked away until we could get into our room. The room and baths were very clean and the entire hostel is very nice. We liked the hidden places where you could relax. We were only there a day as we headed to western Ireland, but we enjoyed Dublin and our stay at Isaacs very much.

Good place to stay in the summer if you are in Dublin to party. Be careful if coming on the weekend and wanting to get some sleep as folks can be quite noisy to early hours and some rooms are right next to a train. They do offer earplugs for very cheap, and those are handy. The place was fine for me. It reminded me of time at the university but my wife was less comfortable, though she has never stayed in a hostel before. Everyone was nice and friendly. A few issues with cleanliness from drinkers