Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

You need small lamps at each bed so its possible to see something without disturbing everybody.

• 10th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

It's a nice and clean hostel with great fiendly staff.

• 9th Aug 2015

Many thanks !

The hostel is very nice and the staff is very friendly. It has everything the general traveller needs including a fully equipped kitchen and free breakfast. The only thing that might affect some travellers is that it is quite noisy, especially due to the doors which are operated via key cards and thus cannot be closed silently. I was fine, but my friend who is a light sleeper had some problems with that.

• 9th Aug 2015

Glad we ticked the boxes for you!. Sorry about door noise. We do ask guests to try close doors quietly as they do have automatic closers for security unfortunately not all adhere to this , We do have ear plugs if this would help any next time

La cocina muuuy sucia!! Mucho ruido. La ubicacion buena

• Spain

I enjoyed the stay, clean, fun atmosphere and the staff are really helpful. The only downside is having the lockers in the basement. Also I'm not a sensitive sleeper at all, but for those that are, the hostel is right beside the train tracks and they can get quite loud if you're on the higher floors which are just meters from the tracks.

apparently anyone can get even homeless can sleep, which is a very unpleasant experience ... not return .... and not recommended ..

We do have a strict admission policy here and reserve the right to refuse admission to any guests who are unsuitable We do our very best to ensure a friendly and safe hostel enviroment. If there was a lapse here, we do apologise and let me assure you this is certainly not a normal experience for Isaacs

Isaacs is a great value for the money and in a great location. The staff is also great and helpful. My only complaint would be that it gets REALLY hot at night and that the people upstairs our first night were extremely loud. It was like someone dropping bowling balls while riding on a horse. I wish the hostel had staff during quiet hours to occasionally monitor. However I would still highly recommend this place to anyone visiting Dublin.

• 8th Aug 2015

Thanks for your great feedback. So sorry that other guests disturbed you - your analogy was creative ! We do ask that there is quiet on corridors / bedrooms between 11 and 7am and our staff will intervene if needed - we will certainly look at what we can do to further help here . Heat in Ireland is unusual but we can get extra fans if needed if you find the rooms too hot

I spent two nights at Isaac's, and I couldn't be happier about the experience. I was allowed to check-in early when I arrived and rent a locker for my bags (€10 deposit). The workers at the desk made me feel very welcome and answered every question with a smile. There are multiple card entry points before you get to your room and I felt that my bags were truly safe in the locker room all day. The bathrooms appeared to be newly renovated and were always clean. I would recommend to new hostelers!

• 8th Aug 2015

Thanks a million, we love your review!

Fantastic place to stay with my teenage daughter & her friends. Loads of space for hanging out during day & evening. Option of place to leave luggage made a big difference. Location close to city centre.

Great to hear, thanks!

The hostel has central location, with 10min walk to Temple Bar and 15min walk to Grafton Street. Nice staffs, good value for money. Although my room is quite old (wooden floor makes squeaky noises when you step on it) and is right next to the tram line (can be loud at night if you leave the window open, better if you close the window but the room becomes very stuffy). No locker in the room so need to rent one overnight or just leave the bag next to the bed. Overall I had a decent stay.

Thanks for your feedback, so glad you liked our staff and found us good value . We do offer ear plugs for lighters sleepers if the trains disturb you ( We can't deny their existence but they do not run after 1130 at night! ) and If too warm then if you let us know so we can provide a fan

Great place to stay while travelling on a budget! Staff were very friendly and helpful too! The only issue we had was that the rooms were very warm for sleeping.

• 7th Aug 2015

Many thanks PS if too warm (rare in Ireland! ) we can sort you out with a fan.

Perfect youth hostel except if you want to have restful and quiet nights

• 6th Aug 2015

Many Thanks for the Feedback . We do offer ear plugs should you need

Estando en el hostal, han llegado a alojar vagabundos lo cual hace muy desagradable la estadía para los otros, no es un lugar seguro , creo que fue la peor de las experiencias.

Not the cleanest rooms, a little dusty under the beds, but good showers, although some run for 5 seconds before you need to push the button again.. The kitchen was a bit small and got crowded quickly and had very few equipments like pots, pans, knives, etc. Very friendly and helpful staff and good location, very close to the main bus stop and a tram stop.

Thanks for your review Our rooms are all cleaned well daily and we will check out your room to ensure nothing missed. The Kitchen equipment does go walkies from time to time so thank you for letting us know and we will see if we need to restock missing items . Glad you liked the staff and location

vriendelijk aan de balie, mensen van de receptie helpen je goed verder, goede locatie, vlakbij centrum en vlakbij het station, ideaal voor daguitstapjes, goede lockers, fijne atmosfeer, simpel ontbijt, enig minpuntje is vlakbij de sporen, dus beetje geluid daarvan, best oordopjes meenemen, maar over het algemeen was het een fijn verblijf!

Super auberge point de vue personnel, atmosphère et propreté. Mais gros point négatif : située trop près des rails de chemin de fer!! Lit tremble quand un train passe! Le bruit empêche de dormir après 7h00 du matin.

• 4th Aug 2015
  • Belgium

This was one of the best stays on my trip along with B & Bs. So clean and friendly! The free WiFi was so beneficial.

• 3rd Aug 2015

Fantastic thanks !

This is the third time we've stayed in Isaacs, but it's the first time we've been so disappointed. We got a twin room on the third floor, but the noise of the doors slamming shut, the floorboards creaking loudly, every noise made in the shared bathroom; it all was so clearly audible in our room that we might as well have been staying in a big one-room apartment with twenty-or-so other tenants ... Having no wifi was rather unpractical. Also, we liked the old breakfast set better.

• 3rd Aug 2015
  • Belgium

basically, it's a good hostel with kind of price.

Many thanks!

Super Hostel ! Personal ist freundlich und das Frühstück zwar auf das nötigste reduziert aber ausreichend um satz zu werden. Nachts wirds schonmal lauter durch fliegende Türen. Im Mehrbettzimmer war es auch recht laut als um 4 uhr unsere Mitbewohner nach Hause kamen. Abe heyy das ist Dublin :) Fand es echt super ! Für Hiker und weltoffene Leute, die gerne neue Bekamntschaften machen und nichts gegen ein wenig Lärm haben: GEHT DA HIN

• 2nd Aug 2015

Vielen Dank. Sehen sie Bild !