Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It hasn't the "irish friendly atmosphere" I used to feel in quite every irish hostel

• 1st Aug 2014

Sorry you didn't like the atmosphere. We are a large city centre hostel with visitors from all over the world so we like to think we have a cosmopolitan atmosphere.

Some of the young guests don't care about soiling the wash room. Maybe Isaacs employees could make an effort to educate them ?

• 1st Aug 2014

Thanks for posting your comments. We do try to get people to keep the showers and bathrooms tidy but unfortunately some guests are not as considerate as others.

Great hostel, great vibes. The lobby is very inviting to meeting people, as it's also the only place with wifi. If you prefer a litle more privacy there's another room downstairs with less people. Simply awesome.

Can't say enough about this hostel. Such a great place! The pub crawls and free walking tours are a must. Get here!!

Nice spot and good atmosphere. Staff are helpful. Facilities are good. 10min walk (maximum) from temple bar. Recommend.

Isaacs is a great hostel in the heart of Dublin. The staff were very nice and helpful. There are beautifully decorated and large rooms. The bathrooms are separate for men and women. Both rooms and bathrooms were very clean. We have felt very comfortable and will definitely return.

It was our first time in a hostel and it was an amazing choice. We'd loved it!! If we visit Ireland again we'll stay at the Isaac's Hostel without any doubt. And, of course, I'll recomend it to all my friends.

• Spain

It was a great stay, but it is very warm in the rooms and on the floors.

• 30th Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and friendly, nice reception area. Only negatives was the heat in the rooms when trying to sleep and the very creaky floorboards, also more shelves for the top bunks would be good (I didn't want to leave my phone laying about as didn't know anyone in my dorm and needed it for an alarm etc so had to sleep with it in my bed and was constantly worried it was going to fall out and onto the person in the bed below!!

• Wales

Very good hostel, cheap with high quality!

• 29th Jul 2014

Great atmosphere, right from the beginning. We had our dinners among other guests who you could talk to if you wanted, but it was also totally cool if you wanted some alone time. Hope the breakfast could be a tad better the next time..

The room was too hot to keep the window shut. And sleeping next to the railway, it was near-impossible to sleep in the morning with the trains passing by.

Really good venue! Close to the center, the bus station, the train station... The staff was nice and useful.

• 27th Jul 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff are extremely friendly! So, my friend and I were staying two nights. However, se accidentally only booked one bed for the first night. One of the staff helped us immediately. We told him out situation. He looked for a bed, and there was only one bed left! He switched things around and even managed to place us in the same room! We were very thankful! Overall, the staff are extremely friendly and the hostel has a really cool vibe.

Thanks for posting your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Everything is great except safe storage space for your bags. But there are small lockers for documents for additional fee.

It is unfortunate that our left luggage cages are in the basement - unfortunately there isn't enough room in the bedrooms to put in additional luggage facilities.

Didn't like the push button showers and it would have been more convenient to have Internet in the rooms as well but there's nothing else I could pick on to criticise nice clean place most of the staff were excellent great location!

Thanks for posting your comments - glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking at the push button showers - difficult to find a good alternative but we will keep looking.

Rooms on the third floor are boiling hot, so much so, it is impossible to sleep! Bar crawl that the staff offer is not as good as it sounds. Good facilities at the hostel and a good location.

• 25th Jul 2014

It's rare that the weather is great in Dublin so hot rooms are a rarity too. Sorry you didn't enjoy the pub crawl - we get great feedback from a lot of customers which is why we recommend it.

The hostel is good, however they don't have wifi in the room, so you need stay in commum area. The bed is ok, however if you stay in a room with much people as I did can be some dificult for you sleep.

I love the sauna and the free city walk! Otherwise, good location, friendly staff, very clean

The staff is very friendly and I loved the quizz! The location is very convinient too.