Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

VERY GOOD

• 19th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

Great hostel, friendly staff and great vibe!

• 19th Dec 2015

Great Customers too !

The stay was nice, however I had problems with my roommates. I took the bed that according to my receipt was mine, one guy seemed to have a problem with it but he came back so late that I could not talk to him about it so i put his stuff away and went to sleep. Maybe it would be good to inform the people that check in about the bed numbers and that you are not free to choose any bed.

• 18th Dec 2015

Thanks for your feedback . So sorry about the bed mix up. We do tell people about their personal bed number and it is on the security receipt, Unfortunately some guests arriving excited about their stay in Dublin do not always pay heed carefully to the instructions.We are happy to step in where needed

This hostel was okay for the price. It's a neat hostel, the staff were polite. The only thing is there is no wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. There are no lockers in the rooms they are located in the basement and you have to pay daily. Also the kitchen was a bit chaotic, we saw the microwave in the kitchen once, and then for the rest of the time we were there, we did not see the microwave again. Some people had to heat their food in the oven. Fridges are tiny and food was stolen.

All good.

Good to hear it .Thanks

My stay was pretty good overall. Friendly staff, clean spaces, convenient location. My two critiques: Stayed in a room of four beds, the rest of which were empty when I went to sleep around 9pm. Had some additional roommates come in after 11pm. They turned the lights on for 10-20 minutes, made a bunch of noise, and generally weren't very conscientious of the fact that I was trying to sleep now that it was quiet hours. Separately, it would have been nice to have lockers in the rooms themselves.

• 17th Dec 2015

Glad you liked the Hostel overall. We do ask that guest are considerate of other guests when they come in after 11pm so we are very sorry if you were disturbed. Eye masks and ear plugs are always useful in a Hostel! . We would love to have lockers in the rooms and something we are considering for the future

My friend and I had a very nice stay at Isaacs!

• 16th Dec 2015

Good to hear ! Come back soon

Easy to find, very!!! clean and staff was super friendly. The breakfast was nice and, although the hostel was not exactly in the centre, 10 min (walking) would be enough to get there. I didn´t cook but the kitchen seemed well equiped. A lot of activities to do. Now for the problems: I don´t have any trouble sleeping but, from my room, one could hear and feel the trains pass so it might be a problem for some people; internet is not available in the rooms.

Very nice, clean and friendly

• 15th Dec 2015

I loved staying at Isaacs hostel! It's really good value for money. Nice rooms, good and clean showers with hot (very hot) water 🙈. The staff was helpful and friendly. If I go back to Dublin, I will definitely stay in this hostel again.

Overall is nice except the bed not so stable so it produced sound as i moving around while sleeping, the space in the room is too small therefore we even have to 'compete' with other guest to put our bags and luggage. The only things they provide in the room are bed and small built-in rack. I dont know about other rooms but its the room ive stayed in. But, the rest ie cleanliness, safety, breakfast and everything were perfect.

The common areas are great, the room was nice and big, not too busy. There were plenty of showers and toilets in every floor and it is great that the lockers are free on check-in and out. My bed was quite squeaky and I missed a small light and a plug on the bed. I would definitely stay again. Thanks!

I had a great stay! The staff couldn't have been friendlier or any more helpful. Everything was very clean and comfortable.

Great stay

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Croatia

No complaints here. Staff was helpful, location was great to get around in Dublin. Bus for airport picks up just around the corner. Lots of restaurants, pubs, museums, etc nearby. Met some awesome people during my stay too which always helps with the overall experience!

First hostel that I stayed that has a sauna. A social hostel.

I loved staying at Isaac's. The hostel is easy to find and well-situated. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was nice and the atmosphere in the hostel was great! My critiques are about the kitchen's equipment and internet isn't available in the rooms. I definitely recommend this hostel.

Want to go back :) but very hot room :(

• 12th Dec 2015

Had a great stay. The airport transfer option made it so much easier for me.i

The staff is nice, they offer breakfast, have sauna and kitchen and the reception area is nice but: rooms are uncomfortable, there are not enough plugs, they don't have lockers in the rooms, the bathrooms are also uncomfortable, nowhere to get changed, just one bottom to get water out of the shower and water came out freezing cold!