Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Best Hostel i was in, in my 3 week tripp in Irland. Nice public rooms (great to meet new people). The only bad thing I have to say was the trainrail next to my room (314). I have a strong sleap so it was not a big problem for my but I met some people they had some bad nights because of this...

The room i stayed was very hot and it didnt have window so there wasnt fresh air in the room and outside there is a train going right above the hostel so it shakes the ground and makes a lot of noise

Great value for money. Decent location as was only a short walk over the bridge to Temple Bar and a decent breakfast if you like boiled eggs and toast.

Très bonne auberge ! Le personnel est accueillant et aimable, les chambres et sanitaires propres. Seul petit bémol, la chaleur dans le dortoir !

• 26th Jun 2015

Such an amazing place to stay! Best hostel I have ever been to. The people who stay here are amazing and the memories will last a life time

Room was too hot, probably from the drinks machine located out the front. A fan was placed in the room which was helpful.

• 26th Jun 2015

On my floor only two bathroom (for man) for maybe 50 people. In the Rooms there were 4 sockets for six beds. Bathroom with no doors and plenty of noise coming from at night. Friendly atmosphere. Good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2015

I recommend it to all travellers!!! The establishment is clean and safe and the staff is very nice. At the reception one gets easily information about the different activities that can be performed as a tourist and the free activities organized by the same hostel. The Hostel has a tennis table and I could play and have fun a lot. The next time you return to Dublin I’ll try to book the same place as the location is perfect very close to the centre only 5 minutes Julio Coronado

• 25th Jun 2015

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They also provided us with all the information we needed. We appreciated being able to leave our bags locked away until we could get into our room. The room and baths were very clean and the entire hostel is very nice. We liked the hidden places where you could relax. We were only there a day as we headed to western Ireland, but we enjoyed Dublin and our stay at Isaacs very much.

Good place to stay in the summer if you are in Dublin to party. Be careful if coming on the weekend and wanting to get some sleep as folks can be quite noisy to early hours and some rooms are right next to a train. They do offer earplugs for very cheap, and those are handy. The place was fine for me. It reminded me of time at the university but my wife was less comfortable, though she has never stayed in a hostel before. Everyone was nice and friendly. A few issues with cleanliness from drinkers

An average hostel- not horrible, but not great. Our room was swelteringly hot and bathrooms were stuffy and crowded. Wifi is available in common areas but not in rooms. Minimal breakfast available, and lots of drunk boisterous youth. About 15 minute walk from city centre. Never felt 100% comfortable here, though on the last day we discovered the reading nook, which would have been a great oasis. We did love that the staff helped us secure a day trip and helped orient us to the city.

Room was too hot!

So sorry if the Room was too hot - We had a mini heatwave and have now invested in some more fans to help

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was better than expected by a lot. Call me old fashioned but seeing so many young people drinking, and not having a smoking area further from the entrance were the only things that surprised me. Other than those small issues it was a great time and would not look anywhere else for a hostel in Dublin Thank you again and cheers.

• 24th Jun 2015

Fun atmosphere, great location, basic hostel amenities. Good value for the money, though some improvements could be made (higher quality/more comfortable bedding, soundproofing, more breakfast options and space). Overall acceptable and would stay here again.

Thanks for your useful feedback and suggestions

The place was great, cleaner than a lot of hostels I've been to - one little downside... We would as questions about buses and good restaurants and cafes but the staff had no idea what to tell us! Would have been good if they knew the area better, but otherwise they were as helpful as they could be.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Many thanks for your review . We are so surprised that the staff were not able to help with recommendations as they are normally so good on their Dublin knowledge so our apologies.

We were only at the hostel one night but I'm so glad we chose it. My daughter and I needed help getting our boarding passes for our (hideously early) morning flight out of Dublin the next day and we could NOT have managed without the patient and good-humoured assistance of the staff! I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the woman who helped us (but I can tell you her daughter had recently turned one!) but she was fantastic - as was everyone working there, from the day to the night shift.

• 22nd Jun 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and Anna is the helpful lady in question and we have to agree! Hope your long flight back was restful

Really great place, had a great atmosphere and was very easy to meet people. Good facilities and really friendly staff who were always happy to help and reccomend good places to visit. Be warned that the showers weren't always the warmest, I also had problems with my keycard not working on my room door which I got replaced and then experienced the same problem, but overall I loved my stay here and would definitely go back!

• 22nd Jun 2015

Many thanks for your great feedback

No lockers in rooms. Only two plugs in an 8-bed dorm. Shower was terrible. Hostel was noisy inside and out until late at night. Pillows may as well not exist, they are so tiny. Beds are wobbly so that the slightest movement of the person above or below you cause the entire thing to shake. Staff seemed overworked and uncaring.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Cold showers, noisy bed waking everyone else in the room, the floors crack... Even if it's a hostel and it's cheap, I've been to other hostels at the same price for better facilities and services. Plus, the location with the train is not the best. Half the staff is nice. I was very disappointed, even being a young party person.

• 21st Jun 2015

My stay at isaacs was great, good value, good location, pub crawl was great, they have everything you want. The staff were helpful, Andy was great. Would definitely stay again

Thanks a million !