Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Friendly helpful staff nice enjoyed our stay would definitely come bl thanks x

• 30th Dec 2015

Been there now more than 10 tines and still returning each time I am in Dublin. Just love it!

• 29th Dec 2015

Lively atmosphere and a very well equipped hostel. Staff are very friendly and knowledgable. Good security system and facilities. Definitely recommend and will book again :) I think the private rooms would benefit from a reading lamp as the lights are a bit harsh if you just want to chill and read in your room.

We really appreciate your great feedback . Thanks a million

Super fun place and I am glad that we stayed here!

• 28th Dec 2015

The hostel staff were brilliant and so helpful! The common room, kitchen and dining room were awesome. It made it a really friendly atmosphere

• 28th Dec 2015

Cosy hostel, warm atmosphere and friendly people!

Short and sweet! Thanks

Overall, I had a really good time at Isaac´s. CONS - the lack of lockers - there was no locker available in the room, and there was a 2 euro fee per night if you wanted to use one in the basement. For such a large hostel, that seemed pretty unsafe! Also, the room only had 2 outlets for 8 bunks, and there were no individual lamps. PROS - a really fun atmosphere, tons of common areas and easy to meet people, friendly desk staff, clean!!!

Many thanks for the feedback; Pros and cons are always useful. The 24hr lockers are secure and we do not have the space in some dorms for lockers unfortunately.We would love to have lights and more sockets and are working on this

Me parecio muy bueno. Sobre todo la limpieza y la hospitalidad del lugar. Hay que tener en cuenta que es más un Hostal que un hostel tradicional ya que no hay cocina de espacios comunes. La ubicación está perfecta respeto a la Terminal de Bus, es más bajas del Bus que te trae del Aeropuerto y estas a solamente unas calles. Está cerca del Museo de Bellas Artes y algo distante del centro, pero no más de 5 0 7 minutos de caminata agradable.

• Argentina

Very very good. Happy New year

• Mixed Group, 41+

....and a very a Happy New year to you !

Great hostel great atmosphere

Great guests !

I loved my stay here. The staff was super nice and down to earth. Location was perfect. They even had a shuttle to bring you to the airport at ungodly hours of the day. Yes, there is only wifi downstairs, but it is really nice because people gather and you can meet fellow travelers. The bathrooms were a bit untidy at times and the rooms didn't have any outlets, but those are the only downfall. I would recommend this hostel to anyone and plan on staying here again! Thanks for the great time!!

You are very welcome and thanks so much for the great review. We would love more outlets and are working on it!

Second time staying at Isaacs and really liked it. Kitchen facilities were great and staff is very friendly and fun. Common areas are clean and theyhave nice atmosphere. Only negative about that hostel is that there is not enough plug ins in the rooms. Glad i was staying with a friend so we used pkug ins next to her bed, there was only 4 plug ins in a 12 person room.

• Finland

Many thanks for the great review . We are looking at additional plugs which are now in greater demand for phone charging

Daniel at reception was so lovely and knowledgeable with everything to do about Dublin. His attitude and enthusiasm was a great start to our stay.

VERY GOOD

• Malaysia

Great hostel, friendly staff and great vibe!

Great Customers too !

The stay was nice, however I had problems with my roommates. I took the bed that according to my receipt was mine, one guy seemed to have a problem with it but he came back so late that I could not talk to him about it so i put his stuff away and went to sleep. Maybe it would be good to inform the people that check in about the bed numbers and that you are not free to choose any bed.

• 18th Dec 2015

Thanks for your feedback . So sorry about the bed mix up. We do tell people about their personal bed number and it is on the security receipt, Unfortunately some guests arriving excited about their stay in Dublin do not always pay heed carefully to the instructions.We are happy to step in where needed

This hostel was okay for the price. It's a neat hostel, the staff were polite. The only thing is there is no wifi in the rooms, only in common areas. There are no lockers in the rooms they are located in the basement and you have to pay daily. Also the kitchen was a bit chaotic, we saw the microwave in the kitchen once, and then for the rest of the time we were there, we did not see the microwave again. Some people had to heat their food in the oven. Fridges are tiny and food was stolen.

All good.

Good to hear it .Thanks

My stay was pretty good overall. Friendly staff, clean spaces, convenient location. My two critiques: Stayed in a room of four beds, the rest of which were empty when I went to sleep around 9pm. Had some additional roommates come in after 11pm. They turned the lights on for 10-20 minutes, made a bunch of noise, and generally weren't very conscientious of the fact that I was trying to sleep now that it was quiet hours. Separately, it would have been nice to have lockers in the rooms themselves.

• 17th Dec 2015

Glad you liked the Hostel overall. We do ask that guest are considerate of other guests when they come in after 11pm so we are very sorry if you were disturbed. Eye masks and ear plugs are always useful in a Hostel! . We would love to have lockers in the rooms and something we are considering for the future

My friend and I had a very nice stay at Isaacs!

• 16th Dec 2015