Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Due to the WiFi only working in the front reception area, literally every person staying there was crammed into this one tiny room, fighting for space with those arriving with luggage, etc. Arriving at 6pm on a Thursday was hectic enough. The decision to install a sauna in the underground levels means that the hostel is actually boiling hot. You are, in effect, being steamed. Seriously, who signed off on that brilliant bit of engineering? Good value for money, I guess.

Wonderful hostel. My only complaint would be about not getting wifi in the rooms. Otherwise, a lovely stay.

Everything was super clean, except for kitchen. Maybe I was there on a bad day though. What I wasn't prepared for was when I arrived, I still had about a 50 dollar balance to lay still from booking with hostel world. Loved the luggage lockers though! Everything else was amazing!

• 29th Jul 2015

staff were very very helpful and I met a lot of awesome people in the hostel. beds were a bit shaky and there was no railing on 1 side but other than that the place was great. bathrooms were constantly being cleaned. wifi didnt work in rooms but that forced you to go to the common areas instead of being in your bed.

Really great hostel. Location wasn't terrible, walking is ways fine with me, but it's easy to find sme trams or busses. The breakfast wasnt bad, typical cereal and toast. Would stay here again

I felt safe at Isaacs, good location, nice staff. I personally did not like the environment of the hostel. If you're looking for something cozy do not stay here. If you are a young woman get ready to walk in and be stared at by about 15 men (I talked to another girl staying there about this) it is very male dominated. I didn't pay much but the facilities were very basic and at times a bit dirty. Also, being on the 3rd floor and having to walk down 4 flights to get to my locker was the worst.

I loved my stay here. Everyone had answers to my questions and were always ready to help me! :-)

• 25th Jul 2015

Muy buen ambiente y gran desayuno pero mucho ruido del tren

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Spain

We stayed in tons of hostels along our tourney but Isaacs Hostel was by far THE BEST hostel we stayed in. Such a clean hostel with an awesome atmosphere. The staff were incredibly helpful and would literally do anything they could to make your stay amazing. Daniel even returned a shirt for me when I was unable to! It was a little pricy on the weekends but was definitely worth it! The location was right in the heart of the city with everything in walking distance which was perfect!!

great value! the breakfast was so super, beyond my expectation.

A Really good stay, friendly staff, good showers and bathrooms facilties, comfy beds ( although creeky at times) but overall excellent a good breakfast too. Would happily come back again.

• 23rd Jul 2015

The only good thing was that it was that it had a sauna and the bus from the airport links directly. The wifi only works in the reception lobby so the place was over crowded. Even the basement common area had no internet. It was far from most of the sightseeing points of interests and pubs. When the wifi wasn't working the staff responded with "Look! I don't know why the wifi isn't working on your phone." I was on the bottom bunk and I found chewed gum around the bed, hanging hooks were broken.

Todo muy bien ! Recomendable

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Our stay was good. The hostel atmosphere is very nice, the staff were so helpful and friendly. But, our bed was awful, almost impossible to sleep there.

great atmosphere, decent breakfast. has all you need

Nice place. Great staff. Very local. Sauna was great. Wifi only in common areas but that's not so bad.

Esperava um clima mais "caloroso" após ver as fotos. Acabou que foi o único hostel da minha viagem em que praticamente não tive interação com outros guests, além de provavelmente ter pego a staff num dia ruim. As instalações são boas, porém o fato dos lockers serem numa espécie de porão foi bem chato.

O hostel tem um clima muito legal e agradável! Staff muito atencioso e engraçado. Mas a cama era horrível e os travesseiros não eram muito bons. A cama estava totalmente torta, e foi bastante difícil conseguir dormir tranquilamente.

If you're in Dublin for a party, then this is the place to go. Unfortunately all the negatives that come with a party are included. There were empty beer bottles on the floor in the room, and there were people sleeping the common room couches throughout the night and in the morning. The location was pretty good and the staff were great, but it needs to be cleaned more often.

Das einzige was ich zu bemängeln habe ist, daß die Zimmer einfach trotz Ventilator viel zu warm sind!!!