Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

I was in Room 219 (the 12 or 14 bed female dorm) which is directly opposite the Female Showers / Toilets. This room is really badly ventilated. There is only a window on one side & even though it was opened all the time, there was ZERO air flow into the room. The heat from the hot showers directly opposite meant this room is just EXTRA HOT. There is no ventilation fan or ceiling fan in the corridor outside the Female showers & also no ceiling or wall fans inside the dorm room. It was HOT.

More clean, especially during the hours everyone is coming back drunk. I couldn't go in the bathroom without gagging it smelled so bad.

• 3rd Jul 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend this place!

There are really not enough toiletts and showers for all. Think about nearly 15 girls in the morning and only 2 toiletts and 2 washbasins! You know how a washbasin looks like, when they all are finished...

Some of the staff were very kind, but some were rude. Weren't extremely helpful, kind of just explained the basics and sent you on your way. The room was boiling hot and I'd wake up every night sweating. They do free walking tours and a paid for pub crawl. We did the pub crawl and it was pretty fun. The location is a little bit out of the way so we'd have to walk to city center every day, but it only takes about 10-15 minutes. There wasn't much of an atmosphere so it was a little boring.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Amazing and very helpful staff. The rooms were hot and stuffy and the was often freezing cold water in the showers. Overall a great hostel for its size.

Rooms were very hot and floors creaked very loudly. Doors slammed frequently. Wifi only available in common areas, nowhere to hang stuff in showers.

Arrived at isaacs for the acdc concert on Wednesday and had forgot my photo ID as I had changed my bag and purse before travelling! fortunately my husband had some on him, a massive thank you to guy on reception for accepting it... My daughter had recommended isaacs hostel to me and I can see why, friendly staff, super clean bedrooms/bathrooms, I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Dublin, I most definitely will be visiting again.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

Creaky floors are annoying. Showers have no shelves/space to put your belongings when you're taking a shower (other than at the very top, on a small ledge with the risk of your things falling off anyways). There is no door to the shower/toilet, so people walking by can see it. This also makes the hallway/floor VERY humid.

• 30th Jun 2015

Great atmosphere. Only downfall was wifi only worked in the common room. Showers were not very good and the rooms were hot

No lift facilities, not good for the tenant who bringing big, heavy luggage Even luggage room also far from reception, and there was complicated process to use it. Breakfast also too light, not enough, some bowls were empty, nobody did care.

It as a lovely stay with great people. Will definitely have to come and stay again

Great Hostel! I stayed there three nights. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly. It's also within walking distance of all the main attractions to visit in Dublin and a five minute walk to the train station.

Best Hostel i was in, in my 3 week tripp in Irland. Nice public rooms (great to meet new people). The only bad thing I have to say was the trainrail next to my room (314). I have a strong sleap so it was not a big problem for my but I met some people they had some bad nights because of this...

The room i stayed was very hot and it didnt have window so there wasnt fresh air in the room and outside there is a train going right above the hostel so it shakes the ground and makes a lot of noise

Great value for money. Decent location as was only a short walk over the bridge to Temple Bar and a decent breakfast if you like boiled eggs and toast.

Such an amazing place to stay! Best hostel I have ever been to. The people who stay here are amazing and the memories will last a life time

Room was too hot, probably from the drinks machine located out the front. A fan was placed in the room which was helpful.

On my floor only two bathroom (for man) for maybe 50 people. In the Rooms there were 4 sockets for six beds. Bathroom with no doors and plenty of noise coming from at night. Friendly atmosphere. Good breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2015

I recommend it to all travellers!!! The establishment is clean and safe and the staff is very nice. At the reception one gets easily information about the different activities that can be performed as a tourist and the free activities organized by the same hostel. The Hostel has a tennis table and I could play and have fun a lot. The next time you return to Dublin I’ll try to book the same place as the location is perfect very close to the centre only 5 minutes Julio Coronado

• 25th Jun 2015