Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

very clean room, new towels/linens every day, hostel was very clean overall. atmosphere was great. i traveled alone and stayed for 6 nights. wasn't bored once. people hang out in the common areas and are very friendly. location is perfect for shops, pubs, restaurants. Stephen's green/grafton street shops 10-20 minutes depending. temple bar was about a 10 minute walk if your into that. not a bad walk to guinness factory. central bus station is around the corner. A++ hostel.

• 17th Mar 2015

Betreffend Sicherheit uns wurde aus unserem 2er Zimmer die Fotokammera gestohlen. Als wir beim Polizeiposten die Anzeige aufgaben, meinte der Polizist nur, dass sei in diesem Hostel normal, das Gegenstände aus den Zimmer gestohlen werden. Das Personal war bis auf 1 Mitarbeiter (Andy) sehr unfreundlich. Die Toiletten und Duschen waren meistens nicht sehr sauber. Die Küche welche man benutzen konnte war sehr schmutzig und es waren sogar Tauben drin. Die Lage ist sehr zentral.

Great location. Good atmosphere. Definitely take advantage of the free walking tours and the cheap pub crawl, good way to get to know people. Staff are very friendly. Could do with more bathrooms though for being such a big hostel.

Isaacs was a great hostel to stay at if you're looking to explore Dublin. They offer the average backpacker a lot for their money in terms of facilities and resources for additional tours outside, and inside of the city. I really enjoyed my stay there, but i think there are a few things worth mentioning that one should know before making the choice to stay here. 1: They're located next to a train bridge (noisy) 2: Push-button showers (just frustrating) 3: Birds in the kitchen (not clean)

Great atmosphere at Issacs hostel. Definitely my first choice of hostel if I ever go back to Dublin!

It was a short 1 night stay on the way to the airport for me. It was clean and there was plenty of entertainment. I got a room next to the train tracks, but after about 11:30 or so, I didn't hear it. If that would be something that bothered you, bring earplugs. I enjoyed my stay and the staff helped me out with all of my questions.

A fun, buzzing hostel to stay at. We spent most of our time on the other side of the river but the hostel's location was so easy to get to from the bus station so this made up for it. Not the quietest place to stay as the train line runs straight next to the hostel and if you have a room on the street you can hear rowdy people coming in late at night. Main suggested improvement: lockers in the rooms.

I had a great stay. I stayed the weekend before St. Patricks day and the atmoshpere was great. The staff was so helpful! It was very clean. It was a bit noisey, but honestly I expected that. It was St. Paddy's day weekend! The ONLY thing I wish was different was that there were lockers or crates in the rooms. They had lockers in the base ment, but it just seemed really inconvient to drag your stuff down ther everyday- I didn't. It was nice to have them for check-in and check-out though!

• 12th Mar 2015

I wish there were lockers in the room. It would have made me feel better about leaving my things.

• 12th Mar 2015

Staff were fantastic and always at hand to help. They went out of their way to ensure you were comfortable and that they were welcoming. The room was immaculate! And the atmosphere within the common areas was very comfortable and had a generally happy feel!

• 12th Mar 2015

Most modern hostel I've ever been to. Very nice staff and great facilities. Only price was a bit high but that was most certainly due to the fact that it was St Patrick period. Would definitely recommend a stay! :)

• 11th Mar 2015

I love Isaac's Hostel! I've stayed there a few times, and the staff is always super helpful and friendly! Great atmosphere, lots of fun people there, and lots to do. Highly recommend!

This hostel is huge, often felt tough to meet people given the number of groups that would occupy the small-ish common area. Other then that no real complaints. Lockers in the room would have been nice, but there were security boxes and lockers available elsewhere.

Good location, very close to bus station and tram stops. Easy walk to major attractions. Staff was very helpful, great security. Lots of atmosphere but if you want to go to bed early on a Saturday I might suggest getting some ear plugs.

• 7th Mar 2015

Overall really good, the only downside is that you only get wifi in the reception/lounge area on the first floor, not everywhere in the hostel.

Lack is wifi so our guests can talk to each other!!

No WiFi in the rooms. Free sauna is only for three hours a day, and very inconvenient times.

No wifi in the rooms is in order for our guests to talk to each other rather than have their heads stuck in the phones or computer - a novel idea, don't you think????

There were no lockers in the rooms which made me a little uncomfortable. The experience also could have been improved if there was wifi in the rooms too and not just the common areas especially because many international travelers can only communicate with people using wifi.

Our lack of wifi is to encourage interaction between guests - Isaacs used to be famous as a place where people all over the world stayed and made friends - it can't happen when you head is stuck in a computer or phone.

Can be kind of noisy. Thin wall and noisy floors. Don't except oversleeping too much. But apart from that very good stay.

• 6th Mar 2015
  • Switzerland

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Next time ask for our ear plugs which is for our lighter sleepers.

Pros: friendly staff, good location, great free walking tour, and real clean. Cons: beds were pretty small, fire alarm went off both mornings we were there, tiny bathrooms, rooms were super hot! Couldn't sleep very well here.

This was a horrible stay. Was in a shared room, which was fine but the walls were so thin that sleep was very lacking. Not one of the stalls in the woman's bathroom locked. I could go on about bad things but the location was good.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay - we have ear plugs for our light sleepers.