Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

There was a fair number of people trying to sleep in the common rooms. Don't know if this is a security issue or if they were just giving their mates some privacy.

good overall experience at the Hostel, comfortable clean would recommend. Key cards for rooms never seemed to work!!

• 15th Jun 2015

great place to meet people - Isaacs is a super friendly hostel with an amazing free walking tour and a wicked pub crawl. we weren't there long enough to take advantage of all the hostel had to offer, but who can say no to a sauna? downsides: showers are a bit chilly and WiFi is only in the lobby. which means the lobby is full of people staring at their phones. the train is really NOT a big deal, just use earplugs. definitely the most fun I've had anywhere at a hostel and dying to come back!

Good if you don't care to sleep in small dorms, dirty bathrooms, drunk people, party, etc. Sauna just works 3 hours per day and internet don't work at rooms. Breakfast finishes at 9:30, beaware! The desk staff was not nice since this is a big hostel. The only positive thing is that it's very close to the main Bus stations (Buseras).

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff were really helpful and the location was in a pretty good spot. The only complaint I really have are the toilet facilities. I felt that it wasn't really that clean and looked out of date. The showers didn't really generate hot water and it's kind of annoying to keep pressing a button for water every half minute. Other than that, everything else was fine.

It was a good place to stay! I didn't realize that each room would not have their personal bathroom but rather a communal bathroom each floor shares, but that's my fault! They have air of opportunities for the hostel stayers to mingle which I like and everything was clean. You must constantly press a button to keep the shower going but it's a way to save water!

The staff was awesome and very accommodating considering one from our party forgot to confirm since she paid with PayPal. The showers were cold-ish though and you had to hold down the button the whole time. The atmosphere was great, very friendly. They're weren't lockers in the rooms, but down in the basement. The 8 person room we were in was kinda cramped, but that's what you get sometimes. Location to the train and bus station was great, not a far walk to the center of town.

I had a lot of problems with this hostel. The hostel charges extra for every single thing. It is obviously a big hostel, and I expected them to do a much better job. You had to pay for good security. The location was right by the station, but about a 15 minute walk from the city center. I didn't mind the walk. The staff was very helpful and nice. The best part about the hostel was the staff. There wasn't enough staff, and that was clear. The bathrooms and kitchens could have been nicer.

Almost everything was really fantastic: nice rooms, showers, internet, etc. And the staff were all massively helpful and welcoming EXCEPT for one guy who - when we needed to leave quickly to get our bus to the airport (we missed it and had to get a cab so we weren't late) - was incredibly rude and arrogant, and instead of working behind the desk to help us, was hanging around the reception area trying to impress girls. I don't know who this guy is but quite frankly you need to fire him.

• 13th Jun 2015

The facility was really poor. There were a total of 4 outlets available to the 16 people in our room and no kind of individual light, so once the light in the room was turned off, you couldn't see. I was woken up for an hour at 0300 by some kids who turned the light on and wouldn't turn it off. The water was also broken in the entire house for a day. No showers and no toilets.

Superb. Busy weekend in Dublin, staff had time to talk to customers, breakfast superb if crowded, coffee fresh and plenty of it. Located next to a railway line, with the windows open yes there was noise. Toilets for gents perhaps missing urinals, just 2 toilets on the floor. Hats off to the cleaners, I rescued a future antique glass from a bar, with the landlord's permission, which was confiscated until checkout but returned clean and labelled to me. No possibility of breakage or injury.

Located in the dirty part of Dublin, near a noisy railway. AThere was no water the day we arrived !! Which is unaceptable.

• 13th Jun 2015

Great place to stay on a budget. Super friendly and helpful staff.They have lockers so if you worry about your leaving your stuff , I would suggest to take advantage of lockers. Absolutely loved my stay there. Definitely recommend if you would like to save and spend money rather on sights and drinks.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Ukraine

If i'm ever coming back to Dublin then this hostel will be the first place i'll look

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Hostel was nice, with a good atmosphere! Staff were really friendly and rooms were nice :) a little bit of a walk to the river but other than that was good!

We stayed in a private room and that was perfect: comfortable, spacious and the bathroom was very near. The problem is that you can hear all the noises of your neighbours, so we couldn't sleep very well. It's a hostel full of life and young people, that's good but if you want to sleep it's a problem. I think the hostel staff should control more the timetable to do noises at night.

Only stayed for one night, and spent very little time in the hostel, but it seemed great while I was there. Went on a fun pub crawl that the hostel sets you up with, would recommend that as a good way to meet people.

• 9th Jun 2015

Really nice staff. Cleaned the facility everyday! Was in a wonderful location in Dublin.

• 9th Jun 2015

Decent hostel, decent location. Unfortunately we were there at the same time at a school so there wear kids running around and yelling to each other in the hallways and bathrooms until pretty late at night.

Very good location and rooms were clean. Only problem we had was on/off again hot water

• 8th Jun 2015