Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

It was great! Best hostel we've stayed at so far, the staff we're hilarious, everything was clean, big areas, breakfast was great!

We had an amazing time in Dublin as a group of 8 and the hostel was fantastic. The staff were very helpful and all so friendly. It was full of great people to talk to and the atmosphere was good. We went on the free walking tour which was so interesting and well worth doing and also got involved with the pub crawl (in our own fancy dress) which was a mental night out ending in a sick club. Would definitely recommend this hostel :)

If you are looking for a upbeat atmosphere this place is for you! Loved every second of my stay

• 10th Sep 2014

Nice place to stay if you want to see the city center of Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014

A great hostel, staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, letting me peruse their bookcase and offering advice on my 2 week cycling trip! There's a pretty big communal area in the hostel which was great for socialising, and the breakfast was a good added bonus! They also had a locked area for bike storage, including a bike rack attached to the ground for even extra protection.

I spent two nights there. The hostel is clean and the staff very helpful. I would stay there again anytime.

The top bunks only have a rail on one side. Either request a bottom bed or one against a wall if you fear falling off!

This was a great hostel but the staff weren't very helpful when I first arrived. It was very clean and the breakfast was typical but good. Great location, awesome walking tour of the city. Could do with a little grease on the bunk beds.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! It's fairly noisey but it's a busy place to stay with lots of people so that's to be expected. The staff were great and the airport transfer was really cheap. I wouldn't really recomend the pub crawl, it could be better on other nights as you can't predict who will go. But we left early, as did lots of other people on the crawl. I think if you want to go out drinking in Dublin it's easy enough to make your own way around the pubs for a great night :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments - glad you liked the hostel. It is a pity you didn't like the pub crawl.

Could use some more in-hostel activities. Security was good and most of the staff were very welcoming

Thanks for your comments, As the winter draws in we will be looking at more nightly activities. However at this time of the year we find that our guests like hitting the town.

Best hostel I've been to !

• 3rd Sep 2014

Very nice hostel, friendly and helpful staff. Free walking tour and pub crawls every day!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for posting your comments.

Facilities were excellent and the vibe was young and urban. Great location, only a 5 minute walk into the city centre. Facilities such as the sauna were great! The best showers and toilets I've used in a hostel. The staff are always cheerful and happy to help! The prices are the best in Dublin! :)

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your great comments.

stayed in a private room for 6 days. it's a large hostel with a young atmosphere, so expect music in the main common room and lots of teen guests loudly trying to impress each other. my room was pretty great, tidy and spacious. the bathrooms in my floor where few and gym-style (with doors in between showers), but still very easy to use. the only problem i faced was said teen guests slamming bedroom and floor doors all day and night long. tip: for some quiet time, go to the 'library room'.

If you can't handle a lot of people, this place isn't for you. But it had great entertainment rooms, good lockers with locks, everything was cleaned every day, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. It's a fun place. Great for making friends.

Good hostel: the staff is helpfull and the atmosphere is excellent. The good choice if you are looking for fun! The WiFi service is poor and in the bathrooms there are no windows and little space.

Staff were fan-flippin-tastic!

• 1st Sep 2014

Not a bad hostel. The building is so old though, that the floorboards were so creaky, it was almost impossible to go into the rooms at night without waking someone up. They need more hooks in the showers too so you have somewhere to put your stuff. The wifi kept cutting out and it was not available in the rooms. Nice big kitchen though and it was close to most things.

Thanks for your comments. It is an old building alright but we hope we make up for it with our service and little extras.

An absolutely amazing place! Friendly staff, clean rooms and showers and an excellent location to go with the wonderful atmosphere!!

• 1st Sep 2014

Thanks so much for your great review.

Stayed for two nights. Decent facilities. Great location to take the airport shuttle and near the bus station. 5 to 10 min walk to main road. Would be great if they have wifi in the rooms.

Thanks for your comments. Glad you liked the hostel. We don't have wifi in the bedrooms because we want people to do it the old fashioned way and talk face to face.