Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The water while showering wasnn't really warm enough. And I think some fruits at the breakfast would have been perfect. But the rest was really nice, especially the facilities and the low price. And also the staff helped us in different problems.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Sorry to hear about the water, there should be plenty of hot water as we fixed a recent airlock but we will check this out again.Our breakfast is admittedly light and simple but it is free ! You are of course welcome to use the Guest Kitchen to store and prepare your own food .Glad everything else ticked your boxes! Thanks

The hostel and staff were great and everything seemed clean. My only issue is that it was incredibly disruptive to leave and enter the room because of the noise the floors and door make. I felt so bad when others were sleeping and I had to leave. Not sure this is something that can be fixed because it's a building issue but wanted to mention it.

• 2nd Dec 2015

Thanks for your comments Yes you are right with our lovely old characterful building come a few creaky floors which not ideal but we do offer earplugs for lighter sleepers !

L'ostello si trova davvero in un ottima posizione ed il personale è davvero gentilissimo e sempre disponibile.

• 30th Nov 2015

I would not stay here again. The location in relation to the city was excellent, a very short walk into the centre of town. However it is also underneath a railway bridge to the main station so trains braking on approach both late and early will ruin any lie ins you try and get. Staff were fine. Atmosphere was a bit rubbish. Nobody seemed interested in interacting. The breakfast was a bit of a joke and the pool table and table tennis were very damaged and pretty much unusable.

Very clean hostel , they offer free breakfast and have everything you need . Can be noisy at times Otherwise enjoyed my stay would come again !

El hostal me encanto cerca de lo más turístico de dublin ,acogedor el personal excelente sin dudas regresaría este hostal

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

It is not one of the best hostels I have been to, but it was enough to provide me a nice stay.

Overall a great experience. The staff that I came into contact with were generally really nice apart from one extremelly rude guy that was in the reception during the night shift. I would like to think that he was only having a bad day. His colleague with a russian (?) accent was really nice though.

• 28th Nov 2015

Excellent hostel with friendly staff and nice rooms, couldn't fault it!

Thanks for posting - glad you enjoyed your stay.

Overall GREAT location! Very friendly and helpful staff, main hangout area was very fun. Rooms are very simple, but still very nice.

Thanks for posting - delighted you enjoyed your stay.

auberge avec un bon rapport qualité prix, dommage qu elle soit un peu bruyante surtout a cause des planchers en bois des étages.

Merci - désolé qu'il y avait du bruit.

Great common room! Friendly and warm.

• 27th Nov 2015

Thanks for posting - glad you enjoyed it.

Great hostel. Showers and locker situation could have been better. Good location and good value.

Standard hostel, apart from the fact that it is extremely noisy. I am normally a very heavy sleeper and have stayed in tons of hostels, but I woke up any time someone closed a door somewhere on our floor (though it sounded like it was inside our room) and then again at 4:30am when a group got home in one of the neighbouring rooms, which meant that I only got a few hours of sleep. Definitely would not stay there again.

• 26th Nov 2015

The floors squeaked every time someone walked- when people got home at 5am they couldn't be quiet even if they tried.

• 26th Nov 2015

We - group of 5 people - really enjoyed the couple of days at your hostel. It was my first time ever in a hostel but, due to the good experience, won't be the last.

Thanks for posting - we are delighted you enjoyed Isaacs Hostel.

Assolutamente consigliato per soggiorni di breve o lunga durata

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff was great and the location was very close to the temple bar area but still far enough away to get a good night of sleep. The complimentary breakfast is a great benefit as well. Security was probably the best that I have experienced within a hostel. Recommendations were given to all the hostel guests, so whether looking for late night grub or the best way to travel to the Guinness Factory-- the staff always had an answer.

• 26th Nov 2015

Great review - thanks a million.

Very enjoyable stay, wish I could have stayed another night- very clean and great amenities!!

Thanks so much - do come again.

Issac's is a great hostel for backpacker's looking for a quick getaway to Dublin. The hostel is super warm and inviting, and the staff will help you with anything you need. Just be prepared for the usual euro hostel experience of cramped dorm rooms and push button showers. But if the $ savings allow you a couple extra guinness, it shouldn't matter anyways. Great common areas and communal kitchen. Perfect base for any Irish adventure.