Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel was fine more for a younger generation. The Wifi wasn't working well for me. The staff wasn't overly helpful. Overall it was an ok stay.

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. I don't know what happened with the staff - we normally get amazing comments about our staff. Sorry you appear not to have enjoyed your stay.

Very nice place to stay meet alot of New people from everywhere staff where. Very welcoming and helpful and for the price standards where really set high

• 17th Oct 2014

Thanks for your lovely comments.

The kitchen was a bit small for this big a hostel, that's why I gave the facilities an average. Other than that it was a great stay!

• 16th Oct 2014

Had a fantastic weekend at Isaacs! Would recommend it!

• 16th Oct 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Frühstück: haben wir einmal getestet, um dann lieber auszuschlafen. WLAN: Nach anfänglichen Schwierigkeiten hat es in den Aufenthalträumen gut funktioniert. Sauberkeit: wirklich in Ordnung! Aufenthaltsräume: besonders die im Keller sind klasse, aber leider ziemlich warm. Ein Wunsch: Schließfächer im Zimmer wären eine coole Sache! Fazit: Ein Hostel ist kein Hotel... klar sind rundherum Leute und es ist auch mal laut, wenn man lieber seine Ruhe hätte, aber so ist das eben... --> gerne wieder!

Vielen dank - wir hören was Sie sagen.

Such helpful staff, loved out stay we will be back :)

Thanks so much for your lovely comments.

Fantastic, magic place. It has all the facilities you want and more, as you have access to sauna, games and whatever. The living room is a nice place to be, always full of young people, and they play good music in it, not very loud, just enough to create a warm environment. The only flaw is that all the lockers are in the basement and there is no lift, so you will have to exercise a little bit to move your luggage and to store your things sometimes. But still, best place in Dublin

definitely a party hostel. i don't recommend for families. Kitchen is small and looks dirty.

I can assure you the kitchen is cleaned a number of times every day so it can't be called dirty but we do expect our guests to clean up after themselves between our cleaning times and guests don't always respect our wishes. I would say though that our sister hostel Jacobs Inn is a better family hostel as the rooms are ensuite.

Auberge parfaitement située près de la gare et à 10 mn du centre de Dublin. Prix très intéressant, personnel agréable, et très bonne ambiance !

Merci - nous sommes contents que vous avez passe un agréable séjour chez nous.

The hostel is very nice, good atmosphere and clean. The only thing if you are planning rest well and relax at night, you can't do very well because the music is loud and people stay at the corridor chating until late.

Thanks for your comments - we do offer ear plugs for anybody who is a light sleeper.

Good hostel. Wished there were lockers in the room, instead of having to pay 2Euro at the desk for one. Other than that, good location, clean, helpful staff. Very large hostel.

The hostel was excellent, friendly staff and a great atmosphere.

• 10th Oct 2014

Thanks so much for your great comments.

Es war durchweg sauber und das Personal war sehr freundlich! Immer wieder gerne!

• All Male Group, 18-24

Vielen dank

My three night stay at Isaacs was amazing. It was my second time at a hostel and I was amazed at how friendly and helpful the staff were at directing us to tourist locations and booking our tours/coaches. There is complimentary breakfast that begins at 730 but they were able to start it at 6 for us. The only bad thing is the wifi. You have to be at the lobby or zero level to get it.

Thanks so much for your great comments.

The staff that works at night should not be so "strict." One followed us upstairs and watched us to make sure we went to our room. We weren't disturbing anyone...so it was kind of uncomfortable being followed so obviously.

• 10th Oct 2014

I'm sorry the staff were strict - it must have been in the middle of the night. We have so many people stay every night and it is their job to keep all our guests safe and keep the noise levels down so people can sleep so they are just trying to do their job. However we will talk to them about it as we want people to feel welcome and happy at all times.

I was expecting a twin room nut it had a bunk bed. Other than that Excellent and 5 mins walk from the town centre with free on street parking 8 minutes away. Only £4.80 return to Liverpool on by train so kept our parking space for 2 days visiting Chester and Liverpool. Friendly Reception and fellow residents,

Everything was nice! I didn't chose excellent everytime but your hostel isn't far from the truth! Missed some smile on some face staff member! And cards didn't work sometimes! I really enjoyed my stay here and if I have to come again I Will chose Isaacs hostel without hesitation! Thanks for some of the staff member have been friendly smiling and about services !!! Vive Dublin vive Isaacs Hostel 😄

• 8th Oct 2014

Wir wurden herzlichen aufgenommen und fühlten uns auf anhieb wohl. Die Ausstattung mit Bettwäsche, Handtüchern und wenn man möchte auch Duschzeug ist super. Das Frühstück ist einfach, aber wenn man möchte kann man eigene Sachen in einen Kühlschrank unterbringen, was empfehlenswert, wenn man nicht nur süßen Aufstrich am Morgen mag.

• 8th Oct 2014

Vielen Dank

Absolutely loved my time there. Awesome and very helpful staff. Great setup there.

What can we say - love your comments and rating! Thanks

Really nice facilities and absolutely spotless! Would definitely recommend

• 6th Oct 2014

Thanks a million - glad you enjoyed your stay.