Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Basic but clean with comfy beds and pillows and clean sheets. The shared toilets can be horrible after a large volume i.e. In the mornings but cleaned often enough not to be a big issue. Atmosphere was a bit lacking but staff were helpful in pointing you to the right places. All in all though very worth the price! Good experience.

• 30th Apr 2015

A great Hostel! Me and my boyfriend stayed in a 8 bed shared bedroom and it was great! :) Breakfast is good, and the local is clean (except for the kitchen, but I think it's because there are many people using it all the time).

I really enjoyed the stay in isaacs. Thank you!

• 29th Apr 2015

Nice hostel, private room was oke but not really cozy. Common room and breakfast place were good.

Great staff and a clean room!

• 27th Apr 2015

Decent hostel. Wifi is only accessible in the common room / lobby which is a bit annoying. Bathrooms were a bit small and dingy. There's a free walking tour of Dublin which was really good. Overall, I enjoyed my stay.

Friendly staff and they leave on your own if you like to be like that. I would recomend people to go there. Only it coulb be noisy and the beds could be more confortanle

Hostel is very friendly. There was a lot of young people and everyone was very nice. I stayed at 14 beds room and there was no problem. Hostel lobby seems a bit old school but it's great atmosphere there and I felt like home.

The staff was very friendly and helpfull. The rooms and shower/toilet areas were clean. Special vibe when you walk into "the lobby", great atmosphere! Only a bit disapointing that some other guest stole my shirt while showering, maybe it's a good idea to install lockers or something like that? Other then that, it was great and i wouldn't mind staying there again during my next visit to Dublin! Keep up the good work!

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

Rooms were really cramped (and didn't have lockers) but staff was great!

Stayed here twice. Once in a 6 bedroom then again in a private double. Both rooms were good. Staff was very friendly, helpful, and funny. I would just suggest you shower out night, otherwise it will be a cold one in the morning.

- No hot water on toillets before 8:00 AM. - Little room (space) for 8 people to stay. All the rest, everything OK! ;)

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

No wi-fi in rooms? Seriously?

No sorry - but in all the common areas, we have good wifi .

to close to train lines

Isaac's was my first ever hostel and it's given me the bug - the hostel bug! I loved it! Everyone is so friendly and it's so easy to meet people! I was there for three nights and it was absolutely awesome. There's tonnes of room for socializing and the rooms were appropriately sized for the number of people in them. I never felt cramped or in danger or unwelcome ever. The atmosphere was fantastic and encouraged community! Everything was very clean and I would stay there again in a heart beat!

Super welcoming and hilarious staff! We enjoyed staying here for two nights in Dublin. The location is pretty good and easy to walk to everywhere including Temple Bar. Only thing regarding cleanliness...we had a private double room and the bedding was NOT clean. And the girls bathroom on the top floor the showers were NOT clean. But hey, everything else was all good!

Nice hostel in a good location but there was no atmosphere. the wifi didn't work in the room, the staff at the counter were nice but the cleaners were very rude and I thought €6.50 was a bit much for laundry

Thanks for your review .We are so sorry you did n't feel any atmosphere during your stay ,this is highly unusual as normally we get great feedback on this-maybe it was an unusually quiet day ?The Wifi is offered in common areas . Disappointed that you found the cleaners rude this should not be the case at all but we check this out . We like to keep prices down for our hostelers and our Laundry rates are cheaper than laundrettes in the area

Great hostel. The facilities were very good with free sauna, pool table and reading room in the basement. The atmosphere was wonderful and I enjoyed the walking tour and pub crawl they advertised. The downside was that there weren't lockers in the bedroom and to store anything overnight in the lockers downstairs would have cost extra. Also there didn't seem to be any way of adjusting the water temperature in showers. The water was warm, but I would've liked it a bit cooler. Breakfast was alright

The staff was more than exellent, please add a tick box perfect.

• 21st Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Sweet.. thank you !

solid hostel, very expensive but then so is all of Dublin. has 2 or 3 areas that could be the common area meaning all areas didn't really have a real social feel. I would highly recommend here, no massive draw backs except the common area feel. highly recommend, also staff are pretty Sweet.