Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

No elevator although 3 floors, no lockers in the rooms (just some dirty lockers in the basement, and again no elevator to get there), internet was not working half of the time (at least on my phone, although it works perfectly at every other place), my first dorm room before I changed to a better one was unbearably hot and fuggy because you could not open the window. Anyway. I thank the staff that they gave me a new room. But I won't come again to Isaacs Hostel.

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

This is an old building - the first independent hostel in Dublin so we are limited with regard to installing elevator. Sorry you didn't appear to enjoy your stay.

Highly recommended. Not so many hostels like that and you get free breakfast included. Lockers are secured and Internet at high speed. Just you don't get Wi-Fi in room but only in common area.

Thanks so much for your great comments.

The staff was awesome. Some of the doors slam shut which is annoying. The building is very nice and the breakfast is awesome.

Thanks for your great comments. We will see what we can do about the doors slamming.

Lack of wifi in rooms can be frustrating when you want to lie in bed and figure out what to do next day or talk to family back home. Internet on the main floor did not work very well and took quite some time before you could get connected. Became tad frustrating.

Sorry about the wifi- we don't have wifi in the dorms because 1. we want people to make friends and talk to each other and 2. when you are in a room with lots of people the tapping of the computers late into the night could be very annoying to people trying to sleep. However we do hear what you are saying.

Staff were great and really appreciated things like the lockers that could be rented. Only real issue is if you could sort out the creaking floorboards in some of the rooms and corridors, no matter how conscientious everyone was it was still impossible not to wake people up!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. We will see what we can do about the floorboards but it is an old building.

Staff is wonderful, helped us with all our questions. Maybe hang a sign on the doors not to slam them at night.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Amazing staff and fantastic location. Great place to stay!

Hostel is okay, you can find a lot of young people here, mainly Italian. Room is a bit hot. Not so close to Temple Bar, but close to the bus station and the train station, that can lead you to awesome places around Dublin.

Really good option for a couple of nights in Dublin, good value for money. It would be much better with Wifi in the rooms.

It was great! Best hostel we've stayed at so far, the staff we're hilarious, everything was clean, big areas, breakfast was great!

We had an amazing time in Dublin as a group of 8 and the hostel was fantastic. The staff were very helpful and all so friendly. It was full of great people to talk to and the atmosphere was good. We went on the free walking tour which was so interesting and well worth doing and also got involved with the pub crawl (in our own fancy dress) which was a mental night out ending in a sick club. Would definitely recommend this hostel :)

If you are looking for a upbeat atmosphere this place is for you! Loved every second of my stay

• 10th Sep 2014

Nice place to stay if you want to see the city center of Dublin.

• 10th Sep 2014

A great hostel, staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, letting me peruse their bookcase and offering advice on my 2 week cycling trip! There's a pretty big communal area in the hostel which was great for socialising, and the breakfast was a good added bonus! They also had a locked area for bike storage, including a bike rack attached to the ground for even extra protection.

I spent two nights there. The hostel is clean and the staff very helpful. I would stay there again anytime.

The top bunks only have a rail on one side. Either request a bottom bed or one against a wall if you fear falling off!

This was a great hostel but the staff weren't very helpful when I first arrived. It was very clean and the breakfast was typical but good. Great location, awesome walking tour of the city. Could do with a little grease on the bunk beds.

I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel! It's fairly noisey but it's a busy place to stay with lots of people so that's to be expected. The staff were great and the airport transfer was really cheap. I wouldn't really recomend the pub crawl, it could be better on other nights as you can't predict who will go. But we left early, as did lots of other people on the crawl. I think if you want to go out drinking in Dublin it's easy enough to make your own way around the pubs for a great night :)

• 5th Sep 2014

Thanks for your comments - glad you liked the hostel. It is a pity you didn't like the pub crawl.

Could use some more in-hostel activities. Security was good and most of the staff were very welcoming

Thanks for your comments, As the winter draws in we will be looking at more nightly activities. However at this time of the year we find that our guests like hitting the town.

Best hostel I've been to !

• 3rd Sep 2014