Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The hostel in average is good, but I had to take a cold shower on 2 of the 3 days I stayed there. Although I complained about it, nothing was done. Also, the room I stayed was really noisy (parties, trains adn traffic).

We enjoyed our stay at Isaac's. Similar to living in a dorm room with shared showers/bathroom. The staff was energetic, helpful, and kind.

• 18th Jun 2015

Women's showers were quite exposed. Would be good to have a dining / cafe option.

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved issacs the only thing we didn't love was the showers, there is no room to put stuff of hang clothes! The other thing was every morning there was puke everywhere because someone couldn't handle there liquor that's not issacs fault though I just feel sorry for them! Over all we would stay here again it was really close to everything and the beds where so nice!

This hostel was great! The staff were so helpful and friendly! The hostel had a kitchen and the rooms were spacious! If I had any complaints it would only be that there were no lockers inside of the room, making it difficult to carry all valuables with me everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hostel if I was staying in Dublin again!

Great hostel, even if you are a lone traveler. I felt very safe and the staff is welcoming and helpful. The location is perfect, right in the City Center and near bus, train and Luas stations.

• 16th Jun 2015

the staff were very good and knowledgeable they helped us book tours and find buses etc. They were also very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything was going well.

LOVED my trip. Each floor is only accessible by your key card and my single room was just what I needed. The walking tour was GREAT too.

• 16th Jun 2015

Security: They have big lockers for your stuff if you get there before you can check in. Awesome! Location: everythings in walking distance, the ally gets a little creepy at night so as a girl I didn't walk back alone but I loved it. Staff: Absolutely amazing, helpful, funny and will talk the socks off if you want! Atmospher: Best place to meet people, the open areas for breakfast are awesome! And they play great music Cleanliness: End of the day bathroom gets a bit dirty, still nice though

There was a fair number of people trying to sleep in the common rooms. Don't know if this is a security issue or if they were just giving their mates some privacy.

good overall experience at the Hostel, comfortable clean would recommend. Key cards for rooms never seemed to work!!

• 15th Jun 2015

great place to meet people - Isaacs is a super friendly hostel with an amazing free walking tour and a wicked pub crawl. we weren't there long enough to take advantage of all the hostel had to offer, but who can say no to a sauna? downsides: showers are a bit chilly and WiFi is only in the lobby. which means the lobby is full of people staring at their phones. the train is really NOT a big deal, just use earplugs. definitely the most fun I've had anywhere at a hostel and dying to come back!

Good if you don't care to sleep in small dorms, dirty bathrooms, drunk people, party, etc. Sauna just works 3 hours per day and internet don't work at rooms. Breakfast finishes at 9:30, beaware! The desk staff was not nice since this is a big hostel. The only positive thing is that it's very close to the main Bus stations (Buseras).

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. The staff were really helpful and the location was in a pretty good spot. The only complaint I really have are the toilet facilities. I felt that it wasn't really that clean and looked out of date. The showers didn't really generate hot water and it's kind of annoying to keep pressing a button for water every half minute. Other than that, everything else was fine.

It was a good place to stay! I didn't realize that each room would not have their personal bathroom but rather a communal bathroom each floor shares, but that's my fault! They have air of opportunities for the hostel stayers to mingle which I like and everything was clean. You must constantly press a button to keep the shower going but it's a way to save water!

The staff was awesome and very accommodating considering one from our party forgot to confirm since she paid with PayPal. The showers were cold-ish though and you had to hold down the button the whole time. The atmosphere was great, very friendly. They're weren't lockers in the rooms, but down in the basement. The 8 person room we were in was kinda cramped, but that's what you get sometimes. Location to the train and bus station was great, not a far walk to the center of town.

I had a lot of problems with this hostel. The hostel charges extra for every single thing. It is obviously a big hostel, and I expected them to do a much better job. You had to pay for good security. The location was right by the station, but about a 15 minute walk from the city center. I didn't mind the walk. The staff was very helpful and nice. The best part about the hostel was the staff. There wasn't enough staff, and that was clear. The bathrooms and kitchens could have been nicer.

Almost everything was really fantastic: nice rooms, showers, internet, etc. And the staff were all massively helpful and welcoming EXCEPT for one guy who - when we needed to leave quickly to get our bus to the airport (we missed it and had to get a cab so we weren't late) - was incredibly rude and arrogant, and instead of working behind the desk to help us, was hanging around the reception area trying to impress girls. I don't know who this guy is but quite frankly you need to fire him.

• 13th Jun 2015

The facility was really poor. There were a total of 4 outlets available to the 16 people in our room and no kind of individual light, so once the light in the room was turned off, you couldn't see. I was woken up for an hour at 0300 by some kids who turned the light on and wouldn't turn it off. The water was also broken in the entire house for a day. No showers and no toilets.

Superb. Busy weekend in Dublin, staff had time to talk to customers, breakfast superb if crowded, coffee fresh and plenty of it. Located next to a railway line, with the windows open yes there was noise. Toilets for gents perhaps missing urinals, just 2 toilets on the floor. Hats off to the cleaners, I rescued a future antique glass from a bar, with the landlord's permission, which was confiscated until checkout but returned clean and labelled to me. No possibility of breakage or injury.