Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Enjoyed staying there - would stay again

• 10th Jul 2014

Brilliant hostel, central location and easy enough to find. Staff are lovely which makes the difference. Shared a room with 5 other girls and all were lovely. Lockers are provided. Only problem was that it was really warm but that wouldn't put me off going again! Place was very clean also! Definitely recommend it and I'd stay there again no problem :)

• 10th Jul 2014

As a mid twenties female, I would not recommend this hostel unless you are in the city with the intention of partying. It was extremely hot, noisy, and not always the cleanest. Staff we friendly but not overly helpful.

Great hostel, absolutely loved it. Two negatives, one was the complete lack of sleep as a result of the train running past every couple of minutes. Once you've been woken by it, there's no getting back to sleep! The other, was the unbelieveably rude man on reception during the night shift. Every night without fail he would make our stay as unpleasant as possible, it was laughable really! Apart from that it was the 2nd best hostel I've ever stayed in, thanks!

Thanks so much for your great review - glad you enjoyed it. So sorry about the bad reception from the night porter - I will be looking in to this. Normally we get fantastic feedback regarding our staff.

The only annoying thing is the times for the kitchen being closed for cleaning (although I'm glad the do clean it!). Minor thing though, and more than compensated by the (mostly) cheery and helpful staff, the fresh and airy rooms and the extras - free sauna, large common areas in the basement, table-tennis table etc etc. Location is also ideal - just off the centre, quiet enough to chill out a bit, but an easy tipsy stumble from the city centre.

good overall. can't complain.

Only stayed for one night (for a concert) but this was by far the nicest hostel my friends and I have ever stayed in. Very clean, staff were absolutely lovely and there was just a generally great vibe! Definitley going to be staying in Isaac's from now on! Thanks for a great (unfortunately brief) stay! Kate

• 10th Jul 2014

It was a cool hostel. Good location. Slept in a 14 bed dorm only problem was that it was very hot. Not much air flow so didn't have a great sleep. Otherwise atmosphere was great.

The staff is very friendly, and the room was comfortable. But it was very loud at night (3 am on a Wednesday). We could hear every movement and conversation happening above us and in the hallway - not ideal when you're planning to wake up early for a flight.

• 9th Jul 2014

It is located under the bridge, like a cave, the breakfast disgusting. Too crowded. Never going back there

The people were very nice at isaacs. The vibe was good. The bathrooms and showers were decent. I'd definitely stay here again.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Kevin Hannigan was extremely welcoming and helpful for places to eat, things to do, and everything else. We definitely enjoyed our stay.

• 7th Jul 2014

We pay Kevin extra to be nice!! Glad he is worth the extra euro!!

2nd floor gents toilet door was broken - meant some queues in the morning, otherwise exactly what you'd expect for the price

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for posting your review. - gents toilet door has been fixed.

Nice hostel in good part if the city. Good atmosphere (world cup aside..), just a bit difficult to get breakfast before time as we were leaving. We got it, but the reception guy was a bit picky. That aside, all good!

Thanks for your great review. Glad you managed to get some breakfast before the breakfast time.

Hostel is very big! Our room was small but ok. I missed a window for some air! Wifi computer available! Showers were ok

Thanks for posting your review. It was hot while you were here - it's a rare occurrence, I can assure you.

I thought this hostel was nice and the rooms were clean. Was glad to have towels provided! Breakfast was good too. Would stay again and recommend.

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for posting your review - glad you liked it.

Overall a good hostel. The location is decent... Close to central bus station and train station. There was quite a bit of 'anti-social' activity in the alley across from the entrance. Best to walk with a friend late at night. Walking distance to most tourist attractions. Super clean!! Breakfast was good!! Staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, I wish you had given us a better score though!!

Great place overall! Ran into some shady characters but that was more because I was arriving 5am after a Friday night and less because of the location of isaacs. Location from fun going out/temple area is a brisk 15 min walk, and while other hostels might be closer, I think isaacs makes up for the location tradeoff!

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

was very very cozy and just loved the atmosphere over there! the room down in the basement is so adorable for just chilling out and playing pool or chatting with others. Our dorm for 6 was not too packed at all we had more than enough room for all of the guests in that particular room :) and the fact that they have a free sauna to use is a big plus!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us - do come again.

I can't say it was a bad hostel but it was rather odd. No security cages under the beds despite there being space, instead you have to pay two euro a night for a locker key plus ten euro deposit. The lockers are in the basement which is a real pain if you want to go for a shower and you have gear that is needed. Do you leave it insecure in the room or travel down to the basement to secure it? Staff said this is not unusual for a Dublin hostel, I haven't experienced this in other Dublin hostels.

You know we tried those cages under the bed in the past but they didn't work out too well for us so we got rid of them. We just want people to have their stuff kept as safe as possible.