Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great common room! Friendly and warm.

• 27th Nov 2015

Thanks for posting - glad you enjoyed it.

Great hostel. Showers and locker situation could have been better. Good location and good value.

Standard hostel, apart from the fact that it is extremely noisy. I am normally a very heavy sleeper and have stayed in tons of hostels, but I woke up any time someone closed a door somewhere on our floor (though it sounded like it was inside our room) and then again at 4:30am when a group got home in one of the neighbouring rooms, which meant that I only got a few hours of sleep. Definitely would not stay there again.

• 26th Nov 2015

The floors squeaked every time someone walked- when people got home at 5am they couldn't be quiet even if they tried.

• 26th Nov 2015

We - group of 5 people - really enjoyed the couple of days at your hostel. It was my first time ever in a hostel but, due to the good experience, won't be the last.

Thanks for posting - we are delighted you enjoyed Isaacs Hostel.

Assolutamente consigliato per soggiorni di breve o lunga durata

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The staff was great and the location was very close to the temple bar area but still far enough away to get a good night of sleep. The complimentary breakfast is a great benefit as well. Security was probably the best that I have experienced within a hostel. Recommendations were given to all the hostel guests, so whether looking for late night grub or the best way to travel to the Guinness Factory-- the staff always had an answer.

• 26th Nov 2015

Great review - thanks a million.

Very enjoyable stay, wish I could have stayed another night- very clean and great amenities!!

Thanks so much - do come again.

Issac's is a great hostel for backpacker's looking for a quick getaway to Dublin. The hostel is super warm and inviting, and the staff will help you with anything you need. Just be prepared for the usual euro hostel experience of cramped dorm rooms and push button showers. But if the $ savings allow you a couple extra guinness, it shouldn't matter anyways. Great common areas and communal kitchen. Perfect base for any Irish adventure.

Hostel room was located right next to the metro line - train running until 1am and start again at around 5am. Bed shook and could hear very loud screeching brakes every 5 minutes as trains passed. Barely slept both nights.

• 25th Nov 2015

I have stayed at Isaacs before and enjoyed it, this time was different . I forgot my passport and only had leap ID, the gentlemen at reception never greated me , he gave out to me in a humiliating way over the ID stated he could see I had stayed before but had not been allowed stay as he states I had a verbal fight with someone, I told him I had cancelled previous stay. The whole experience had disturbed me and put me off staying again

I'm really sorry about this - we need to look into this a bit more. Feel free to email us directly so we can look into the matter. We do require id from all our guests. This is to protect our customers.

Very good and friendly place. I will stay on a weekly basis and I am a trainee doctor.

• 25th Nov 2015

Thank you so much - delighted you like the hostel.

Relaxed and kind people

• 25th Nov 2015

Thanks for posting - we are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

The information and staff member treatment to new comers was very low and not nice. I had a problem with room 71 heater and had to wait two hours freezing with no help whatsoever. They questioned my problem until I went to tell them again about the problem and one staff member did bring me an electric heater. From the four staff member that were there in my stay there only one was nice and really heart my problem. I do not pretend to be treated as a five start hotel but I did not feel welcomed

• 24th Nov 2015
  • Spain

So sorry you didn't have a good experience with our staff. This is not what we usually hear. We will be talking to them about the incident.

Todo genial! Buena ubicación ,personal amable y buen ambiente

Thanks so much.

It was my first time in dublin for a u2's gig. I though this is the best hostel I never been. With free sauna. Byke rental. Reading room. Kitchen. Great Locker room and many more!

• 21st Nov 2015

Great you enjoyed our hostel - thanks for posting.

Walls quite thin, so take ear-plugs (or buy them at reception)! Otherwise, great place to stay, really friendly, and lots of things to do - great for someone travelling alone, as well as in groups.

Thanks for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay (with your ear plugs)

It was a lovely hostel! We had a very friendly welcome on arrival and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Thanks so much - do come again.

O nosso quarto ficava virado para a linha de comboio e por ser muito abafado, tinhamos de ter sempre a janela aberta pelo que se tornava algo barulhento. Todo o staff foi muito simpático e disponível para nos ajudar no necessário.

Thank you for your review - glad you got on with the staff.

I loved staying at Isaac's hostel, the location is extremely close to great restaurants and bars, and the metro is just behind the building. The only thing that was a bit annoying was that there is no wifi in the room, but other than that I have no complaints. I had a very enjoyable stay at isaacs.

THanks for your review - sorry about the wifi - it is acting up a bit at the minute.