Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

nice room, staff was superb

Non molto pulito.

L'ostello è pulito tutto il giorno, ogni giorno, quindi siamo molto dispiaciuti se non avete trovato pulito. Non tutti gli ospiti lasciano come trovano purtroppo

We had an awesome stay!!

• 6th Dec 2014

Excellent !

Mal ubicado, esta a un lado de donde pasa el tren y es muy difícil dormir ya que el tren hace mucho ruido. Los baños asquerosamente sucios, todo el tiempo estaban sucios. No regresaría para nada

Lamentamos mucho escuchar que no encontró el Albergue con un alto nivel. Limpiamos todos los días durante todo el día - pero no todos los alberguistas somos considerados dejar los baños commual a alto nivel .Las trenes no pasan durante el día, pero sí tenemos tapones para los oídos y habitaciones más tranquilas de sueño ligero

Awesome place to stay! The walking tour was really good too :)

• 4th Dec 2014

Great hostel! Very reasonable price for all that was offered. Staff was very friendly and helpful, even charged our phones for us at the desk overnight! Didn't get to go on the pub crawl but wish we could have. Great, cozy atmosphere, reminded us of a fun ski lodge! Would definitely stay here again.

• 4th Dec 2014

All good to hear thanks so much !

The only 'poor' rating relates to the loud music in the reception/common area. It was so loud that the guests and staff had to shout at each other to be heard, and this ruined the atmosphere of meeting people and talking, so central to a hostel experience. It is hostel, not hostile! Please turn down the music and you would be totally excellent. There are lovely reminders for guests to be considerate, and that should be demonstrated by the management, too. That is why earbuds were invented.

Thanks so much for your comments, We will take that into account and talk to the "DJ " in question . We like to create an atmosphere with great music but not to the detriment of conversation !

few bathrooms

We have bathrooms to each floor and should it be very busy there are extra bathrooms in the basement by the Sauna which can be used.

Many of the plug-in outlets in the basement & common room are loose. Otherwise, the staff made for an exemplary experience. I'd've been content never to've left, honestly.

• 2nd Dec 2014

We will check out the plugs immediately Thank you .

It's a busy hostel cause they're awesome here! Kitchen can get a bit cramped and dirty with all the guests, but people are nice!

Thanks very much for great Comments . The Kitchen has been busy with a longer term guests this last month we will take a look and see what can be done.

Absolutely brilliant I don't see the point in staying in a hotel when you can stay in a place like this. I'll be coming back time and again.

• 30th Nov 2014

This hostel is incredible. When we first got there, Kevin greeted us and he was the best. Everything about the facility is top notch and the staff is great. A hostel.

• 30th Nov 2014

Our stay in Isaacs was really good - will come back for sure!! The place was clean, the staff was friendly, breakfast was ok (and included!) and atmosphere nice and cosy. I noticed that the room door didn't close if you didn't push it properly. Also, on our first night, when we got to the room, a guy had entered and was laying on my bed - the staff was great (thank you!) but I still don't understand how he could get into the room as he didn't have a bed there for that night. Thx!

• Spain

I was recommended Isaacs by an experienced traveller, and I would recommend it to anyone going through Dublin. The staff was so friendly and helpful and knew the answers to all my questions. They have such great facilities for everything, including cheap luggage storage which was so important to me! The rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms - no small feat in a hostel with as many rooms as they have!! Anything you could want, they could provide. I can't wait to stay there again!

Stayed here twice now and would defiantly return. A true backpacker vibe. Only downside was the bunk beds... I was given a top bunk in the centre of the room and only one side had a barrier to stop me from falling. Request a bottom bunk of possible!

Tolle Atmosphäre, hilfsbereite Mitarbeiter! Etwas zu wenig Duschen und WCs.

Great place to stay for few nights.

My favorite part of Issacs was the staff. They were super helpful, funny and kind. Over-all the hostel is great though. Its very well located and has great areas for hanging out, studying and playing games. The breakfast wasn't super hardy and the WiFi doesn't reach to the rooms but other than that I really liked it. Plus we took advantage of their rent a bike program which was super cheap and a great way to see Dublin.

My third visit to Isaacs,a great location for access to The 3 Arena,the Olympia and the BGE theatre,all 15 minutes walk. Its just 10 minutes on the Luas from Heuston Station,really convenient. The rooms are great,warm and clean. The breakfast is very good. Terrific value all round.

Fui con mi familia y nos hospedamos en una habitación doble, era de un tamaño un tanto reducido, aunque era correcta en cuanto a limpieza y aspecto, los baños también estaban bastante bien y a pesar de no ser muy grandes no había problemas de espera. El desayuno era correcto. En el personal había de todo, a nuestra llegada había dos chicos bastante secos pero el resto de los días había un personal animado y muy agradable. Lo único a mejorar seria el calor que hacia en la habitacion.