Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The friendly and welcoming atmosphere surely made this short trip amazing. Towels, Adapters.. we didn't lack a thing. Definitely would stay there again!

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Great to hear!

Annoying that there were no lockers in the room but they were in the basement; also had to pay to use them. Staff was helpful and friendly but could use another person at the desk. Breakfast was meh- we chose not to eat it.

Thanks for your review. Our 24 hour security lockers are €2 per day but it does mean you can leave luggage after or before check in/out if you have a late flight or arrive early . We would love to have lockers in the rooms also. Our Breakfast is free and light but if you want to cook something more substantial there is also the Self catering Kitchen. Glad you found our staff good

Kitchen not that clean but rooms, linen and bathrooms very goods. Free breakfast perfect.

• 4th Feb 2015

Thank you for kind comments The Kitchen is cleaned twice daily , but we do ask guests that they leave clean and tidy for other guests - unfortunately not all are as considerate as we would like.

Great price, great location,staff helpful and friendly only negatives where too dark in dorms cant see a thing in the dark if you knock on the light its so bright you wake everyone up! other than that great place

Many thanks for great review . We are looking into individual lights for The Bunks which is a great idea

Great hostel for the price - the only thing that shall be fixed is the temperature: in the mornings the water in the showers was cold and in the room we stayed in heating did not work.

• 1st Feb 2015
  • Poland

Many thanks - Very sorry to hear about the water - we will look in to this it should not be the case

Isaacs Hostel is currently my favorite hostel in Dublin. It is a good value for your money and you wont have any major complaints. Having said that, the card keys did not work very well and the wifi did not work on the top floor. It's a very large hostel, but does not seem to be filled with very friendly people.

Many thanks - delighted We are your favourite . So sorry we do not have Wifi on top floor but it s available in all the common areas . Usually the atmosphere is usually very friendly - so sorry if you did not find this the case y

A very good hostel that was well-equipped. The rooms were nice and it had a great location!

I liked it. The showers and toilets were cleaned. The common áreas were perfect, with lots of people always there.

• 31st Jan 2015
  • Spain

I had a good stay in Isaacs, friendly staff, clean bathrooms, clean toilets and there's even a sauna (which is the perfect way to finish the day!). Will definitely come back in the future (though I would not recommend anyone to sleep in a 16-bed dormitory without ear-plugs!). A very decent hostel, good location and good facilities.

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice location in a perfect spot and surprisingly quiet for such a big place.

Isaacs is good value for money. The staff is partly super friendly, partly okay. The breakfast and the offers of the hostel are great. The only two things I have to criticize are the showers, which are not warm at all, and the the wifi, which only works in the common room. It can also become quite loud as there is a rail line basically over the roof and sharing one room with 15 other people can obviously be noisy. But that was expectable. Take earplugs and everything will be perfectly fine.

The place is old, the walls are thin, and the floor is squeaky bit but the atmosphere is great. The place is kept very clean and the staff is friendly, helpful and fun, One of my favorite hostels for meeting people from all over the world and exploring Ireland.. Great location across the street from the main bus terminal. Airport express drops you off 2 blocks away.

Love Isaacs! This was my second stay with them. The staff is super helpful with booking tours and calling shuttles for you. Such a great atmosphere in the main room and basement!

• 28th Jan 2015

Great friendly hostel. Floorboards are a bit old and creaky but earplugs do the trick.

Pros: big rooms, semi-detached bathroom, late checkout, free breakfast Cons: location not great (walking distance to everything but dodgy area), no lockers in the rooms, they're in the basement and you have to pay for them, wifi doesn't work in the rooms and most importantly zero vibe, which is probably the most important thing as a solo traveller I think. First hostel I've stayed in on my 5 week trip where I didn't meet anyone.

Nice hostel, good staff, new bathroom facilities, very clean. The location is good, but next to a train track. After the 3rd night I got used to it though. And during the night there aren´t many trains anyway. Bring ear plugs or buy some at reception! Supermarkets, Air-Link bus-stop, shopping - all close by. About a 15 min. walk to Temple Bar. Good also: Lockers in the basement - smelly boots can be left there instead of the room.

Fantastic Hostel in a great Location, amazing staff, brilliant facilities (THEY HAVE A SAUNA!!!) , keycard security system, value for money, its incredibly cheap, 5 minute walk to shops, food and a few good bars. Overall this was a great experience and I will be recommending isaacs to everyone going to Dublin. Thanks To james and kevin who were more than helpful. Cheers.

It was a good stay. Clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I was disappointed that there was not wifi in the rooms, only in the common areas. Otherwise, no complaints.

I really enjoyed staying here good place friendly happy clean and right in the middle of everything... I will stay there again Thanks

• 21st Jan 2015