Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Had a deecent little free breakfast and let me stay for free on my birthday!!

great and friendly staff

• 2nd Nov 2013

Spent 1 night here & it was everything I could have needed. Great location to walk into the city center (15 min) and great staff who went out of his way to book me a shuttle to the airport since the bus did not come early enough for my flight. He even refunded me my pre-purchased bus ticket and said he would sell to someone who would use the bus. So nice! Cleanliness was basic in bathrooms/shower/kitchen. The security locker basment was scary. I would recommend for 1-2 nights but not a long stay

Thanks a million for great feedback .

We went to Dublin for the weekend, it was a very good choice to stay at Isaacs Hostel. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the location was good (it was not important for us to be very close to Temple Bar - although it was an easy walk from the Hostel (15' only). We had a free guide tour leaving from the Hostel on our first day there, it was a great way to start getting to know the city. We would definitely come back.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Portugal

Lovely feedback.Thank you

I would recommend this hostal to anyone of any age. The staff was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable about places to visit, to eat and to just have a good time.The free walking tour was AMAZING! (One of things the staff recommended.) The bathrooms were clean and the room was clean too. Of course there was noise but that's not the hostal's fault. All in all, great location, we walked everywhere, very hospitable.

• 1st Nov 2013

High praise indeed and much appreciated Thanks !

Very big hostel, simple free breakfast, wifi didn't work very well, only in the common room, and had to check in on facebook to use, plenty of power points in rooms, right next to bus station. Some written directions would have been nice, rather than just a map picture to get to it.

Awesome place! The free face paint for Halloween was a nice touch too!

Awesome Guest Thank you !

This hostel is really clean and convenient and I felt very safe there. Perfect for any stay.

Perfect Thanks.

Someone had taken my bed In a female dorm and the front desk couldn't figure out who it was and there where no more empty beds in females dorms so he put me in a mixed dorm on my own for the two nights which was nice.

Hey sorry about the mix up on your dorm bed but glad we were able to rectify this for you .

They make you check into the hostel to connect to wifi. That's a bit of a joke but overall it's a good hostel

Glad you liked the hostel - we are trying new system for our wifi which has been really improved the Wifi availablity and speeds .Most people don't seem to mind the check in but we will keep an eye and review if necessary.

There was an incredible stench in the first floor hallways and toilets. Like moldy moisture mixed with 20-something drunk sweats. I almost vomited. Conveniently located right beside the bus station and close to the train station though.

We have checked this you and all seem to be okay currently The bathrooms are cleaned often - a few times each day.We can only think that hygiene of some fellow guests may have been the issue here .We are very sorry if this marred your stay. this spoilt your enjoyment

The best hostel ever! ENJOY!

Awww Thanks !

Isaacs is the greatest !!! Andy is amazing! The hostesses wonderful over all with a great atmosphere and great accommodations for the price. I'm definitely going back !!!

and YOU are very welcome back ! Thanks so much !

It's a big hostel, with loads of activities. One can expect a lot of people in the common area, crowded freezers and unavailability of the staff due to so many people requesting the "attention". My main issue, though, was that there was only 1 computer available, and the one available had issues in the internet during my stay. Being such a big hostel should have more structure to attend the customers... All in all, good place to stay over the weekend, but wouldn't stay longer.

Great staff.. Everything is very well explained (even the couverture of the wifi), the atmosphere it´s so positive, it´s better than a lot of Pub´s there... For sure

• 25th Oct 2013

Sweet Thank you !

Great place to stay, clean, warm, good showers! Good value for money and decent beds! Nice reception and communal areas too.

Great comments, good customers and thanks !

great central Location!

• 25th Oct 2013

We have to agree!

I loved Isaacs !!! The staff were brilliant especially Andy, any question I had the had an answer. The rooms were good especially for the price, however in some you might want to purchase earplugs if you are a light sleeper. It's in a great location and the free walking tours take you to most of the tourist hot spots. They provide an environment where it's easy to make friends. I will definitely go back there !!

Lovely lovely comments - thanks so much . You are not alone in your praise of ANDY !

For quite a big hostel this place feels homely. The place was packed with people so it's very easy to meet others. However the breakfast finishes way too early considering 99% of people are hungover in the morning, and "extras" like safes and lockers cost money. The showers are pretty dodgy as well. But on the whole, a pretty good place to stay

Thanks for your feedback . Normally hostellers are up and at it quote early to make the most of day and we do have the self catering Kitchen for later risers. When you say showers dodgy did you mean temperature / Pressure so we can check it out ?

My least favorite of the three hostels I stayed at in Dublin. The free breakfast is nothing more than cornflakes and orange juice. The wifi was pretty bad, and the rooms weren't very clean. They offer lockers but you have to pay for them.