Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

An average hostel- not horrible, but not great. Our room was swelteringly hot and bathrooms were stuffy and crowded. Wifi is available in common areas but not in rooms. Minimal breakfast available, and lots of drunk boisterous youth. About 15 minute walk from city centre. Never felt 100% comfortable here, though on the last day we discovered the reading nook, which would have been a great oasis. We did love that the staff helped us secure a day trip and helped orient us to the city.

Room was too hot!

So sorry if the Room was too hot - We had a mini heatwave and have now invested in some more fans to help

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was better than expected by a lot. Call me old fashioned but seeing so many young people drinking, and not having a smoking area further from the entrance were the only things that surprised me. Other than those small issues it was a great time and would not look anywhere else for a hostel in Dublin Thank you again and cheers.

• 24th Jun 2015

Fun atmosphere, great location, basic hostel amenities. Good value for the money, though some improvements could be made (higher quality/more comfortable bedding, soundproofing, more breakfast options and space). Overall acceptable and would stay here again.

Thanks for your useful feedback and suggestions

The place was great, cleaner than a lot of hostels I've been to - one little downside... We would as questions about buses and good restaurants and cafes but the staff had no idea what to tell us! Would have been good if they knew the area better, but otherwise they were as helpful as they could be.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Many thanks for your review . We are so surprised that the staff were not able to help with recommendations as they are normally so good on their Dublin knowledge so our apologies.

We were only at the hostel one night but I'm so glad we chose it. My daughter and I needed help getting our boarding passes for our (hideously early) morning flight out of Dublin the next day and we could NOT have managed without the patient and good-humoured assistance of the staff! I'm sorry I can't remember the name of the woman who helped us (but I can tell you her daughter had recently turned one!) but she was fantastic - as was everyone working there, from the day to the night shift.

• 22nd Jun 2015

So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and Anna is the helpful lady in question and we have to agree! Hope your long flight back was restful

Really great place, had a great atmosphere and was very easy to meet people. Good facilities and really friendly staff who were always happy to help and reccomend good places to visit. Be warned that the showers weren't always the warmest, I also had problems with my keycard not working on my room door which I got replaced and then experienced the same problem, but overall I loved my stay here and would definitely go back!

Many thanks for your great feedback

No lockers in rooms. Only two plugs in an 8-bed dorm. Shower was terrible. Hostel was noisy inside and out until late at night. Pillows may as well not exist, they are so tiny. Beds are wobbly so that the slightest movement of the person above or below you cause the entire thing to shake. Staff seemed overworked and uncaring.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Cold showers, noisy bed waking everyone else in the room, the floors crack... Even if it's a hostel and it's cheap, I've been to other hostels at the same price for better facilities and services. Plus, the location with the train is not the best. Half the staff is nice. I was very disappointed, even being a young party person.

• 21st Jun 2015

My stay at isaacs was great, good value, good location, pub crawl was great, they have everything you want. The staff were helpful, Andy was great. Would definitely stay again

Thanks a million !

Great place! Andy and Kevin are super friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Overall the hostel is convenient, clean, and has kind staff. The only issue I had was that my buddy and I had to move rooms each days we were there. After talking to others in the rooms they all were also having to change rooms some or most of the nights.

Thanks a million and I will pass on your comments to Kevin and Andy - the double act of Dublin City ! So sorry about you having to move rooms, occasionally this can happen if the bed you have booked is not available for a run of consecutive nights, and to do our best to accommodate you we may need to move rooms .The best way to guarantee the bed or room you want is to book well in advance

No lockers in room, and the bathrooms were disgusting. The photos of this place look great, but the place has not kept up the areas outside the lobby/kitchen. The staff was helpful and it's not far from everything, but I wouldn't stay here again. If you just want to party, this hostel could work for you

So sorry to hear that you were disappointed. The bathrooms are cleaned all through the day but it could be that some guests have not left the facilities as clean as they have are found. We do offer large secure lockers in the basement areas and we are very pleased to hear that our staff were helpful.

Really great hostel, the atmosphere was comfortable for people of all ages travelling for different purposes.

Thanks a million

I gave the guy at the front 60 euros for a 52 euro bill. He assumed I gave him 55, and I didn't receive my 5 euros back. He said he would put a note on my account if the register didn't balance at the end of the day. I'm not stupid, I know he just pocketed the money, or whoever balanced the register just pocketed the money. Pissed me off, and they didn't seem to care at all. Just great.

We enjoyed our stay, the staff and clients were friendly, it was over all a great place to stay, would definitely return!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks and look forward to your return!

Great location and fantastic staff. The free breakfast is simple but lovely.

• 20th Jun 2015

The hostel in average is good, but I had to take a cold shower on 2 of the 3 days I stayed there. Although I complained about it, nothing was done. Also, the room I stayed was really noisy (parties, trains adn traffic).

We enjoyed our stay at Isaac's. Similar to living in a dorm room with shared showers/bathroom. The staff was energetic, helpful, and kind.

• 18th Jun 2015

Women's showers were quite exposed. Would be good to have a dining / cafe option.

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved issacs the only thing we didn't love was the showers, there is no room to put stuff of hang clothes! The other thing was every morning there was puke everywhere because someone couldn't handle there liquor that's not issacs fault though I just feel sorry for them! Over all we would stay here again it was really close to everything and the beds where so nice!