Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

This was a great hostel to stay at. The atmosphere was great, dorm rooms weren't bad and it's located at a very central location in Dublin. I met some awesome fellow travelers there, and the pub crawl was a lot of fun. Be aware that there are no lockers in the rooms though. You have to rent one for $3 per day, and they are located in the basement of the hostel. The staff are very helpful, and will recommend sites in the city to see.

We are do thrilled you enjoyed your stay.

The showers could do with a shelf to put your things on even a hook for your clothes would be nice……also don't like having to press the button every 5 sec (yes I timed it) to keep the shower water on!! Other wise I loved staying there and enjoyed my time in Dublin once again!

• 27th May 2014

We are trying to sort out increasing the time of the showers. Glad you enjoyed your stay despite this.

Hostel was very clean and came with breakfast. Showers were amazing. Staff was good and hostel is very close to main city. About two minutes walking

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for your positive review.

Rooms with windows looking on the railway are loud!

• 26th May 2014
  • Switzerland

Sorry about the noise - some people don't notice it at all. We do have ear plugs at reception for our light sleepers.

The place is ok.. trains run very near during the day, There are very few refrigerators taking into account the quantity of guests. good breakfast area

Thanks for your review. We do have plenty of rooms away from the trains.

The tours offered were a nice and original way of knowing the city. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff (almost every one of them)

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

The bedroom was very noisy in the sense I couldn't walk without making the floor echo my footsteps. The beds were very old as well, it looked like the mattress had a hole in the middle of it. The toilets were disgusting and very smelly. The shower was alright.

This is the best hostel that I've ever been. The stuff were really friendly and helpful

• 25th May 2014
  • Spain

We love your review - thank you.

I spent 3 nights over the Isaacs, and it was a really great experience! I was on my own, business trip, but I never felt alone in the common room, in the reading room, with a lot of great people from all around the world. My room was super clean (despite 10 people in it), the staff guys were always kind, polite and nice to me: they were able to solve all my problems! The hostel is also in a great location, like 2 minutes from city center. Highly recommended!

We just love reviews like yours! Please come again.

We had a nice stay for a few days in Dublin. A good free breakfast, very close to the train station and buses.

We had a great stay at issacs will defiantly be back and will be referring to other friends without a doubt. very friendly staff and great location.

• 21st May 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay - thank you.

Huge place, very crowded and a bit noisy, but very well located within walking distance from Train Station and Busaras Bus Station. 10 minutes from downtown. Very good facilities, very secure, nice breakfast, friendly staff, fast internet. Thanks!

Thanks for your nice review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Overall a cool spot to stay. My sister had a problem with no Wifi in the rooms (it's only in the common areas), but if that's not an issue for you then it's all good. Play area and sauna were a nice touch! Good stay there & staff was helpful except for one instance. I came back late w a 2 friends. They said no visitors so late; understandable. Except we were standing right next to the lobby door while we figured out what to do bc it was very rainy and cold and they kicked us out. Very rude

Glad you enjoyed your stay - sorry about our policy of not letting visitors come in late at night - our night porters have a difficult job to keep everything running smoothly so I apologise if they were a bit abrupt.

The only criticism I can make it the free wifi not reaching the dorm rooms and the connection being very slow at times in the common room - but the hostel facilities are great otherwise and the stay at isacc's was very comfortable. Met some great people in the pub crawl and walking tour.

Thanks for your review - we don't want wifi in the rooms - we want guests to talk to each other.

Cheap hostel within the week. Lots of stuff to do in the hostel and around Dublin. Kitchen wasn't very tidy and clean as well as the toilets and showers. BUt thats cause there are many people staying in the hostel. Location very close to city center by foot

Thanks for your review - we do clean everywhere daily but we need our guests to help keep the place tidy.

Great place to stay. Affordable, clean (mostly), and safe. I am considerably older than most of the residents, but never felt out of place. The staff was awesome.

• 18th May 2014

Thanks for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.

Friendly staff, decent location. The showers were dirty, the drain in one of the female showers was clogged with hair and I was ankle deep in dirty shower runoff from the adjacent shower stalls. There was dirty toilet paper on the floor in the bathroom and there was a dirty clogged toilet in the men's bathroom. The free breakfast consisted of white bread, jam, and cereal. The kitchen was small for the number of guests at the hostel. I would probably not stay here again.

Thanks for your review. Sorry you didn't have a good experience. We do clean everywhere daily but we hope that when our cleaning staff are off duty, guests will keep the place fairly today and not make too much of a mess. Clearly this didn;t happen. Breakfast is just a light breakfast we offer free of charge to our guests.

The first night was extremely hot and I couldn't sleep. Other nights were better.

I was terribly sick during my short stay there, which was unfortunate for me as well as my roommates. It was too hot, and leaving the windows open only brought in the noise from other tenants partying on their porches. I needed sleep, but the girls I roomed with kept the lights on until around midnight. I will not stay in a hostel again.

• 17th May 2014

It was terrible for you to be sick while you were staying with us. It is a pity you didn't let us know you were unwell and we would have moved you to a more private room.

They only thing is the room was really hot. Could've used more fans or AC.

• 17th May 2014

Thanks so much for your great review. We will look at the comment you made about the heat.