Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Great staff, friendly and helpful

Great place. Really close to the middle of Dublin. Staff was friendly, everything was clean and the bathrooms were really nice. However, our room was really noisy since it was next to the tramway. A good idea would be asking for a room not next to it. Loved our experience !

So happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do offer ear plugs at Reception for our lighter sleepers.

The hostel is a pretty hectic environment and hidden in an alleyway that can be difficult to find at first. Other than that, Isaacs was a great value.

I thought Isaacs was wonderful. A spacious room, shower and laundry facilities, and a free sauna! It was a little warm in the basement from time to time, but all in all a great place to stay.

Honestly anyone who gives this Hostel a bad review has a stick up their ass. Great atmosphere and awesome place to meet people, especially with the pub crawl every night! If I'm in Dublin again I will for sure be going to Isaacs!

How wonderful - you certainly call a spade a spade!! Do come again.

Good location near O'Connell Street, free breakfast and sauna. Friendly and helpful staff

Glad you enjoyed the hostel. Do visit us again.

I would recommend having lockers in the rooms, and not charging for them. Also, I returned my locket key that I paid for to rent, and also paid a deposit on, and they forgot to pack me back. Other than that my experience was perfect. I love all of the different common rooms, showers/bathrooms were fine, I met some amazing people, the staff was amazing and very helpful, and the location was unbeatable. The trains were loud but I was expecting them so it didn't affect my ratings.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Glad you enjoyed your stay - we actually used to have free lockers years ago but people broke them all - it operates better when people actually have to pay for them.

Dorms are a little too big but the facilities and staff were very nice!

I loved it there :)

A nice hostel that was near the city centre but not directly in it, although everything is generally walkable from the hostel/ As a solo traveler, it was okay for meeting new people; however, it would be better if the hostel put on events itself, rather than sign you up for events put on by promoters. Additionally, there are no storage lockers in the dorm rooms but rather lockers on the main floor or in the basement which you pay by the day to rent - that was a little disappointing.

• 30th May 2015

Great location, most staff very pleasant and helpful. Clean and exactly what we wanted

• 29th May 2015

The hostel is close to everything. Quite easy to find, packed with maps and ideas for trips, well equiped kitchen with three fridges, it has wi-fi and is clean enough. I didn't like that the kitchen was closed in the night, that the hostel had no bar and that there was only one toilet and one shower for two bedrooms (ours had 8 beds). It's an ok place, but so is an average hostel.

Thanks for your Feedback . Sorry no bar - we would love one but no space sadly but you can bring your own drink for the common areas !

19 lads turned up for the weekend and we all had a great time. Would definitely go back. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• 29th May 2015

19 lads ! Could all have gone pear shaped !!l Gad you had a great time

Great hostel that was very clean. Staff went out of their way to help us. Definitely be back

Good to hear see you soon

Group of 17 guys - staff were very friendly and helpful. Couple of guys checked in at different times to the main group but with no problems. Rooms were clean. Only slightly negative thing was the showers at times were not hot, but majority of the time they were fine.

Many thanks for the feedback. Sorry about the showers they should be hot for all - will check it out

The staff was amazing, they helped us out with tours. And wanted us to have a great time while we were there. They even make accomadations for early morning people with breakfast.

very helpful staff. clean for the most part. there was a whole cabinet of food that smelled rotten

• 25th May 2015

Thanks so much -we have checked out guest food cabinet and all okay .

Overall, a very good place to stay. The lockers for bags and valuables are a bit hard to get to in a musty basement.

• 25th May 2015

Isaac's is a very nice hostel. Very friendly staff who recommend you places to eat and other things. You can also book an airport shuttle and a pub crawl. Though I probably would not stay in a single room again as the noise around is still there as if you would stay in a bigger dorm. But the rest was fine. They even have a free Sauna.

Thanks a million for great comments !

Really fun pub crawl every night

It is is n't it !?