Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Could do with a bar, there is really no need for a sauna. 3 bed rooms should be 3 single beds.

A bar would be great but under Irish law a hostel cannot have a bar licence. Our 3 bed rooms are on the website as having a double bed and a single bed.

Really friendly staff, clean showers, close to everything :) I would have enjoyed my stay more, of there weren't any pigeons in the kitchen...

• 17th Feb 2015

Thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm not sure what you mean by pigeons?

Friendly staff and great common areas... Really close to the bus station and Luas line... Would definitely stay here again!

Thanks so much for your positive review. Do come again.

There were a lot of nice evening with beautiful girls ...

Our room had a window in the ceiling and we did not hear any noises from the trains, which pass above the hostel's building. However there is no wall isolation and the corridor is really noisy (wooden floor as well as people!), so even if you use earplugs, you will hear noises from very early in the morning. But you are on holidays so sleeping is not a priority :D Breakfast is very basic but it's free, so no problem with that. We had a good experience overall, recommended stay.

Overall I thought this hostel was great - clean, functional, and with an extremely friendly and helpful staff! Good stuff! I was a bit disappointed with the "breakfast," and it was too bad that the lockers were in the basement. It would have been great to at least have some small lockers in the rooms. Overall, though, I really enjoyed my stay!

Cozy hostel, friendly staff, good price. Definitely recommend!

We had a great stay.Love the location & the basement has so much to offer that we will plan our next stay to include time to use the facilities (for the kids) ;) We had two rooms on opposite sides & noise varied between them.Luckily mine was the quieter one :)

We had a private room and it was simple, but very clean. We even had towels and were able to share a bathroom with the room nextdoor, which was pretty convenient. Staff was great, helped us with good hints. The commonroom was quite big, with a kitchen and you were always able to find someone to talk to. Breakfast was great, with toast, jams, eggs, cereals, etc. Would recommend staying there, as it is also located in walking distance to the city center and the main bus / train station.

I stayed with 7 friends of mine, and everyone thought the hostel was lovely. The common areas are fantastic--it was a comfortable place to hang out, and it was extremely easy to meet other people staying there (but also easy to stick to your own group if that's what you prefer).

• 12th Feb 2015

Everything was good, friendly staff, just during the night there was a guy at reception who wasn't polite at asking things. Not good and really uncomfortable. Other than this, it was good.

I had a great stay at Isaac's. I spent two nights and wish I would have stayed longer. The friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere, and awesome price all helped make my trip to Dublin the best it could be.

• 12th Feb 2015

The first guy who I checked in with was super helpful (supermario tee) but every other member of staff that I came into contact with were not. Not very welcoming at all. Generally pretty clean. Wifi only works in common rooms which is frustrating. All of the breakfast team were really rude which would absolutely stop me from going back.

I loved Isaacs! Pretty easy to find, even at night. Located a couple minutes walk from the River Liffey and Temple Bar! I met so many friendly people during my stay, and the staff was fantastic! Had an early flight my last day, stayed downstairs and they kept me company with conversation and games. Breakfast was simple but very good. Stayed in 14 bed female dorm, no problems. I felt very secure at all times staying here. Only negative was the toilets smelled.. Thanks! Can't wait to revisit soon!

We had a great time staying at Isaacs in Dublin. Clean and safe Hostel and a great staff! Only thing: It would be nice to have WIFI at the rooms... It`s close to city center but not to close, so there is not much of noises around.

This was our first time in Hostel and we are more than satisfied! Staff at the reception is more than great, real professionals! Everything with this Isaacs hostel is amazing, and we are sure that we're gonna be back! Thank you guys for everything!!!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

And thank you ! Lovely Comments

Free breakfast was awesome, bathrooms were clean and tidy. The only issues I found were regarding the lack of a power socket close to the beds and the temperature of the rooms, which were way too hot.

Good Location, nice staff. I stayed in 16 bed room, thought it was a crazy idea but actually the stay was quite fine. If you are looking for a bed and nth more than that, its a gd idea to stay here.

I found the hostel a little dirt and the shower is a nightmare... you get like 5 seconds of water, so it is a struggle to take a shower... In the bedrooms there isn't a power outlet for everybody... Staff was nice and the breakfast is good.

Thanks for your comments , Sorry t hear you were dissaapointed with certain aspects . We do have push button showers to help the enviroment and to encourage our guests to be mindful of other guests waiting but we will review the time available. Since the use of devices has skyrocketed there has been increasing demand for Power outlets and we would love to have lots more .In the meantime our reception staff will happily charge laptops etc should you need

The friendly and welcoming atmosphere surely made this short trip amazing. Towels, Adapters.. we didn't lack a thing. Definitely would stay there again!

• 5th Feb 2015