Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

Staff member made me run up and down three flights of stairs three times as he was unlocking the room bedroom door on my swipe card. The hostel was not that friendly and I did not sleep well as my room was level with a main railway track. However, the hostel was immaculate throughout and breakfast was excellent.

Sorry you had a problem with your swipe card - unfortunately it happens on a rare occasion and the receptionist probably couldn't leave the front desk unattended. However we do pride ourselves on having very friendly helpful staff so we will be investigating your comments.

What you'd expect from a hostel, nothing too amazing but nothing to complain about either. Was good for a night's stay

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you had a good experience.

Please fix the fire alarms! They went off every day I was there, twice around 8 in the morning - set off by the showers apparently... Other than that, it was a nice hostel and the staff were great!

• 24th Apr 2014

Don't worry it is sorted now. That really never happens normally.

The kitchen felt small and unwashed. The downstairs lounge was really nice, but I only headed down there because the wifi didn't work in the rooms. Breakfast was good, and they do the dishes! At one point, my friend and I went to the neighboring hostel for the nightly movie and popcorn. The guy at Jacob's snapped and said it would be a few minutes. An hour later, we headed back to Isaacs because they never began the movie. We weren't the only ones waiting.

Thanks for your review. I don't like to hear that a staff member in Jacobs snapped at you and I will be looking into this. We will also look into the issue about the movie. However I do assure you that we clean the kitchen every single day. However if guest leave a mess at night, it won't be sorted out until our staff come in the next morning so we ask our guests to tidy up after themselves and most of them actually do.

Nice facility in a convenient location. Nice breakfast and seemed cleaned. Not enough bathrooms on our floor but good otherwise.

Thanks for your review We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Very simple breakfast.

Thanks for your review. Yes breakfast is just a simple light breakfast which we offer free of charge to our guests.

Personally I thought it was kind of a sketchy location and it was loud when I walked in, but I think that's just because everyone was using the kitchen (which was a very nice feature!). The beds were very comfortable and they even gave us towels (upon request). Only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't get wifi in my room (I had to go to the lobby area). Also I expected the bathroom to be in my room (I had a twin private), but it was right outside my room.

Thanks for posting your review. All the rooms at Isaacs are standard. For ensuite rooms we recommend you stay at our sister hostel Jacobs Inn. We only have wifi in the lobby area as we want our guests to talk to each other! Also as most of our bedrooms are dormitory we can't really have people tapping away on their computers or watching movies etc while others are trying to sleep.

Such a nice place for young people to stay at, had a blast :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Finland

The guy that checked us in had no clue - no good tips about Dublin, rude, messed up our swipe cards many times. We couldn't access the sauna and the opening times for it were terrible which was a shame as this was one of the main reasons we picked this hostel over others. Floor boards in rooms creaked so loudly it was impossible to be quiet so always being woken up. No lockers in the rooms. Wouldn't recommend this hostel.

Sorry you didn't appear to have enjoyed your stay with us. We will look into your comments and see where we can improve things. The running of the sauna is very costly and we just can't have it running all day long when most of our guest are out sightseeing - but it is open daily.

I really enjoyed my stay. Isaac's should consider replacing some of the beds as not a comfortable sleep otherwise great place!

• 17th Apr 2014

Thanks for your comments - we will look into your comment about the beds.

Great staff - great atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend as its easy to get to and from the airport. Everything is in walking distance and you're not right in the heart of the loud neighborhoods.

Thanks for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay.

Too noisy

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really nice and the place was super clean. The bathrooms were immaculate and there was plenty of hot water.

Thanks so much for your great review. Do come again.

This is an incredible hostel, I loved staying there. The common room is situated right at the reception and the room is always buzzing and full of people you can talk to. The facilities are fine and there is a basement if you just want to sit and read. The great thing about the hostel is the atmosphere and the receptionists are very nice. Can't recommend it enough and if I ever go back to Dublin I know where I'm staying.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Delighted you enjoyed yourself. We hope you do come back again.

Though the hostel offers breakfast, you need pay 2 euros for the locker which exactly is a cage in the basement.

Pretty nice hostel. The staff were amazing and very helpful. Showers could have been a bit nicer. You have to constantly be pressing the button for the hot water to come out. In the morning their was a lot of construction going on and some rooms were right next to the train tracks.

A bit too expensive for what it is : I paid 19 euros for a night in a 6-bed. For this price, I think that the locker should be free. And because the building is clustered into small rooms, it gives a bit of a weird atmosphere in common areas. However, showers, toilets, beds etc. were really clean, which is nice. I would recommend this hostel but next time I will go to a less "crowded" one to get a more friendly/communal atmosphere!

• 13th Apr 2014

Our bedroom was RIGHT next to the train tracks which made it impossible to sleep, dirty bathrooms, terribly uncomfortable and squeaky beds with lumpy pillows, average breakfast, no wifi in the rooms, good location, nice common area.

So sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We do clean the bathrooms every day during the day time period.

Cheerful and friendly staff, clean rooms and a lively atmosphere. Wi fi is only available in the reception area, and each floor could do with an extra toilet and shower or two. A cheap and convenient way to visit everything Dublin has to offer.

• 12th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review. We do have an extra set of showers and toilets in the basement which can be used if we are really busy.

I've been in a lot of hostels and all of them had an important thing in those kind of young hostels, a bar, where you can buy coffees, soft drinks or any other thing. That is maybe the unique thing that I didn't like from that hostel.