Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

No lockers in rooms. Only two plugs in an 8-bed dorm. Shower was terrible. Hostel was noisy inside and out until late at night. Pillows may as well not exist, they are so tiny. Beds are wobbly so that the slightest movement of the person above or below you cause the entire thing to shake. Staff seemed overworked and uncaring.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Cold showers, noisy bed waking everyone else in the room, the floors crack... Even if it's a hostel and it's cheap, I've been to other hostels at the same price for better facilities and services. Plus, the location with the train is not the best. Half the staff is nice. I was very disappointed, even being a young party person.

• 21st Jun 2015

My stay at isaacs was great, good value, good location, pub crawl was great, they have everything you want. The staff were helpful, Andy was great. Would definitely stay again

Thanks a million !

Great place! Andy and Kevin are super friendly and knowledgeable about the city. Overall the hostel is convenient, clean, and has kind staff. The only issue I had was that my buddy and I had to move rooms each days we were there. After talking to others in the rooms they all were also having to change rooms some or most of the nights.

Thanks a million and I will pass on your comments to Kevin and Andy - the double act of Dublin City ! So sorry about you having to move rooms, occasionally this can happen if the bed you have booked is not available for a run of consecutive nights, and to do our best to accommodate you we may need to move rooms .The best way to guarantee the bed or room you want is to book well in advance

No lockers in room, and the bathrooms were disgusting. The photos of this place look great, but the place has not kept up the areas outside the lobby/kitchen. The staff was helpful and it's not far from everything, but I wouldn't stay here again. If you just want to party, this hostel could work for you

So sorry to hear that you were disappointed. The bathrooms are cleaned all through the day but it could be that some guests have not left the facilities as clean as they have are found. We do offer large secure lockers in the basement areas and we are very pleased to hear that our staff were helpful.

Really great hostel, the atmosphere was comfortable for people of all ages travelling for different purposes.

Thanks a million

I gave the guy at the front 60 euros for a 52 euro bill. He assumed I gave him 55, and I didn't receive my 5 euros back. He said he would put a note on my account if the register didn't balance at the end of the day. I'm not stupid, I know he just pocketed the money, or whoever balanced the register just pocketed the money. Pissed me off, and they didn't seem to care at all. Just great.

We enjoyed our stay, the staff and clients were friendly, it was over all a great place to stay, would definitely return!

• 20th Jun 2015

Thanks and look forward to your return!

Great location and fantastic staff. The free breakfast is simple but lovely.

• 20th Jun 2015

The hostel in average is good, but I had to take a cold shower on 2 of the 3 days I stayed there. Although I complained about it, nothing was done. Also, the room I stayed was really noisy (parties, trains adn traffic).

We enjoyed our stay at Isaac's. Similar to living in a dorm room with shared showers/bathroom. The staff was energetic, helpful, and kind.

• 18th Jun 2015

Women's showers were quite exposed. Would be good to have a dining / cafe option.

• 18th Jun 2015

We loved issacs the only thing we didn't love was the showers, there is no room to put stuff of hang clothes! The other thing was every morning there was puke everywhere because someone couldn't handle there liquor that's not issacs fault though I just feel sorry for them! Over all we would stay here again it was really close to everything and the beds where so nice!

This hostel was great! The staff were so helpful and friendly! The hostel had a kitchen and the rooms were spacious! If I had any complaints it would only be that there were no lockers inside of the room, making it difficult to carry all valuables with me everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hostel if I was staying in Dublin again!

Great hostel, even if you are a lone traveler. I felt very safe and the staff is welcoming and helpful. The location is perfect, right in the City Center and near bus, train and Luas stations.

• 16th Jun 2015

the staff were very good and knowledgeable they helped us book tours and find buses etc. They were also very welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything was going well.

LOVED my trip. Each floor is only accessible by your key card and my single room was just what I needed. The walking tour was GREAT too.

• 16th Jun 2015

Security: They have big lockers for your stuff if you get there before you can check in. Awesome! Location: everythings in walking distance, the ally gets a little creepy at night so as a girl I didn't walk back alone but I loved it. Staff: Absolutely amazing, helpful, funny and will talk the socks off if you want! Atmospher: Best place to meet people, the open areas for breakfast are awesome! And they play great music Cleanliness: End of the day bathroom gets a bit dirty, still nice though

There was a fair number of people trying to sleep in the common rooms. Don't know if this is a security issue or if they were just giving their mates some privacy.

good overall experience at the Hostel, comfortable clean would recommend. Key cards for rooms never seemed to work!!

• 15th Jun 2015