Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The atmosphere was so much fun! Everybody mingles in the different common areas and the building itself is really neat. I got bug bites all over my legs and arms while staying here, so I think it might have been bed bugs, but no one else in the room got them. Other than that it was a very enjoyable stay and one of our favorite hostels!

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. If you were out at night near a green or field you might have got bitten by midges - they are awful at this time of the year. We have a very strict pest control system in place at the hostel so I doubt it was bed bugs.

Staff was great and it was in a really interesting old building. Will definitely stay there again upon my return to Dublin. The alley it is located in has a few shady characters hanging around, but even late at night I never felt threatened.

• 21st Aug 2014

Delighted you enjoyed your stay/

Super endroit qui peut surprendre au premier abord mais qui se révèle être un bon plan : une usine sans en être une !

• 21st Aug 2014

Nous n'avons passé qu'une courte nuit dans cette auberge, suffisant pour constater que nous nous étions fait entuber sur la précédente auberge où nous avions passé 7 nuits, et que Isaacs Hostel est nettement mieux.

Merci beaucoup

Very good Hostel. Keep it like that.

• 20th Aug 2014

Thank you - we do our best.

Great hostel. Nice clean rooms. Great common areas and facilities. The only issue is that our room was right near the train line.. But I would still recommend staying here.

Delighted you enjoyed your stay. We love reviews like yours.

Great location close to the bus stop and within walking distance of all sites. Clean, comfortable place with really funny, friendly staff and an atmosphere conducive to meeting other travelers. Breakfast wasn't much, just toast and cereal with coffee. Wish we could have stayed longer to take advantage of all the social events and check out the spa!

Thanks of your review. Glad you enjoyed it.

Very caring staff. They clean a few times during the day and even at night. We met fantastic people there and had a great stay in Dublin. Thanks!

Thanks for your lovely review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Super auberge! Personnel toujours sympa et pret a aider! l'aiberge est aussi bien située ce qui permet de circuler dans dublin a pied.

• 18th Aug 2014

Merci bien/

Der perfekte Ort für Backpacker um Gleichgesinnte zu treffen. Freundliches Personal, tolle Stimmung, gute Ausstattung in allen Bereichen egal ob Schlafsäle, Bad, Küche etc.

Vielen Dank

La sua posizione è ottima , la cucina dovrebbe essere organizzata meglio, con un po più di spazio per mangiare , e non mangiare dove altri leggono o parlano, la sala per fare colazione è su strada e quindi entrano persone che non sono dell ostello .

Thanks you for your review.

the only problem we had was the shower was really tiny and my travelling buddy is 6'6" and couldn't fit in it. which was really funny for me, buy not so much for him! loved the place.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I wonder would our other showers have been better for your friend.

+ Gute Lage in der Stadt und ein gutes Preis-Leistungs-Verhältnis - Viel los in den Gemeinschaftsräumen - Keine Schließfächer in den Zimmer bzw. zusätzliche Kosten für Schließfächer und Safes

Vielen Dank.

The bathrooms and rooms were very clean and well kept. Everyone was friendly but they didn't foster much of a community there. It was a very average clean experience. Absolutely nothing bad to say about it.

• 16th Aug 2014

very loud especially at night, kitchen is too small

Sorry about the noise.

Had a great stay at Isaacs - the room was very spacious but would have been good if there was more staorage space, we had to put everything on the ground. Also would have been beneficial if the the staff at check-in had of given us more info on the facilities, we only found out about most things like the sauna and and table tennis room on the second day. It would have also been good to know that we could get breakfast early on the day we left - we were only informed as we were leaving the hostel

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks of your comments - very constructive and we will look at all your suggestions.

Very friendly and helpful staff! I very much enjoyed my stay. My only recommendation is either some sort of shelf in the showers or more hooks.

Thanks so much for your positive comments. We will take your suggestion on board.

It was amazing, and I did friends there. I am not at the Hostel but I always go there to meet my friends.

• 14th Aug 2014

So glad you enjoyed your stay.

Isaacs Hostel is quite a good place, as it's a convenient and pleasant hostel. It's a safe hostel as they use keycards to get access to the rooms' area and the rooms themselves, no lockers in the rooms (only in the basement. So you need to go downstairs all the time and pay a deposit to get the key and padlock. Neither of this is convenient, but still better than no locker at all). It has such a welcoming staff and atmosphere. Rooms, bed and bathrooms are alright. At last, nice breakfast.

Thanks for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Accueil Désagréable.... Cuisine trop petite pour une auberge .... Déçue par le petit dèj qui a était décrit comme succulent dans les commentaires que j'avais pu lire( y'a quand même ce qui faut) ... Aucune salle de repos ....( ou peut être que si mais le personnel tellement peu sympathique que ça ne donne pas envie de leur demander!!) Assez calme la nuit, plutôt bien placé mais quartier particulier ... Voilà je retournerai en Irlande dans 2 ans pour la 3ième fois mais pas à Issac hotel ...

• 14th Aug 2014

Le petit déjeuner est seulement un petit déjeuner y compris jus d'orange, pain, confiture, thé ou cafe et céréales - nous ne le décrivons comme une autre chose. Je suis très decu que vous n'avez pas trouver notre personnel sympa et je vais leur parler.