Isaacs Hostel Reviews

2-5 Frenchmans Lane, Dublin 1, Dublin, Ireland

The mattress was like something they had rescued from a brothel - springs completely gone in the middle.

Tres bonne place mais sans plus.

Such a nice place for young people to stay at, had a blast :)

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Finland

Muy Bien! El hostal estaba en el centro de Dublin, la gente en recepción muy amable y atenta . Excelente ambiente y instalaciones adecuadas .

• 18th Apr 2014
  • Spain

I really enjoyed my stay. Isaac's should consider replacing some of the beds as not a comfortable sleep otherwise great place!

• 17th Apr 2014

Great staff - great atmosphere. Would absolutely recommend as its easy to get to and from the airport. Everything is in walking distance and you're not right in the heart of the loud neighborhoods.

Too noisy

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

The staff were really nice and the place was super clean. The bathrooms were immaculate and there was plenty of hot water.

The city and hostel is very very quiet, the receptionist is very pretty and amicable, when I cook in the kitchen, I use some unlabled tomato soup and ham, later in the journey, I suddenly think that maybe others' private, I am very very sorry for that, please forgive me.

Our bedroom was RIGHT next to the train tracks which made it impossible to sleep, dirty bathrooms, terribly uncomfortable and squeaky beds with lumpy pillows, average breakfast, no wifi in the rooms, good location, nice common area.

• 13th Apr 2014

I canceled my reservation directly with them (and was unable to contact hostelworld due to not having my account info with me to do so and so lost my deposit money all thanks to yahoo shutting down my account in Ireland) and moved myself over to Avalon House because I could no longer navigate the stairs of Isaac's. Avalon House has a lift. I booked Avalon House through Hostelworld and would advise travelers to do so as I learned it is less expensive than dealing directly with the hostel.

Cheerful and friendly staff, clean rooms and a lively atmosphere. Wi fi is only available in the reception area, and each floor could do with an extra toilet and shower or two. A cheap and convenient way to visit everything Dublin has to offer.

• 12th Apr 2014

It was far Too Loud in the Morning as the Doors were being banged constantly from 7am to noon.

• 11th Apr 2014

Its ok I dont mind staying in it.

Too noisy. Could hardly sleep because Doors were slammed all night. Bathroom was alright but only 2 sinks on floor,which is not enough. Not too clean either.

Bonne auberge avec un personnel très agréable. Les surfaces (sol et mur) ne sont pas toujours très clean dans les escaliers et les couloirs mais le revetement y est pour quelque chose. Bref, rien de gênant. Merci encore pour les prestations.

• 11th Apr 2014

Nous étions un groupe de 9 personnes pour un weekend à Dublin. Chambre propre, auberge sécurisée et bien située, personnel sympathique! Je recommande

• 11th Apr 2014

The hostel is nice, but the bathrooms are not good arranged; only two handbasins in a floor is too less!

I been in this hostel for one week the stuff was not very friendly, noisy most of the time but very noisy, wi-fi very poor, always laud music in the lobby, I even asked the reception to low the music couse we can not talk on the phone and they ignore me all the time, people drink in the lobby and always is dirty, rooms are not very good conditions too, breakfast very poor, very expensive in the value of money, in other words I don recommend this hostel at ALL. Thanks for the opportunity.

• 10th Apr 2014
  • Romania

I stayed for 5 days in this Hostel. Nice rooms, good facilities for a nice price. the location is perfect. i was afraid that there would be some noise from the adjacent train track but on top floor and with the windows closed there wasn't any noise. the place was great

• 10th Apr 2014