Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Super friendly staff who where very helpful and took good care of us. The dorm room I stayed in was ensuite and only had 4 beds. Only recommendation would be for them to install lockers. It only took us about 20 minutes to get to old town using the 50 cent city bus.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Very convenient location. Right in new San Juan downtown, walking distance to a lot of attractions and bus line, convenience store and small local restaurants. The front desk girl was amazing. She is very passionate, accommodating, and helpful. Guests here are sweet and open. Good hostel atmosphere. The only thing that's less than perfect is the bathroom, which is too small. A bit hard to be functional... lol But very nice hostel with characteristics.

The staff and owner were extremely social and friendly. I highly recommend this place if you're looking to relax but still have an active scene available.

• 7th Aug 2014

The hostel is on a small street that the cab drivers were unfamiliar with. The bathroom facilities were absolutely tiny, you couldn't actually sit down on the toilet because the wall was too close. It was summer and we knew there was no air conditioning but the fans were not strong enough to cool down the room. The staff was unable to recommend more than one low price local place for dinner. Further, they called us a cab driver that they favorite but he was 20 minutes late and did not apologize

The hostel is perfectly placed! It's just a ten minutes walk away from the beach and there is also a bus station close by so if you decide to go to Old San Juan you can take a bus and you'll arrive there within 15 minutes. The Staff at the hostel is amazing! They welcome you happily and take you out - they definitely make your stay unforgettable so you do not even want to leave Puerto Rico. I would recommend the hostel anytime!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Kosovo

I had a great time at this hostel. It's in an interesting area. There's no AC, but each bed gets its own fan. The only downside was that they close the common room at 11pm, so you don't have access to your food and drinks.

I stayed in multiple hostels during my time in Puerto Rico, and all of them had air conditioning. When its 90 degrees outside, air conditioning makes all the difference. But Island Time was miserably hot -- I could not sleep and I was drenched in my own sweat. I also had ants on my bed that kept crawling on me. I am in no way picky when it comes to hostels, but I am making a comparative analysis here. Nothing ruins a stay more than a sleepless night due to heat and ants.

Horrible. Booking problems. They didnt apply our deposit we paid. Staff obviously have no clue what they are doing related to booking. Whoever is in charge of training them needs training themselves. Do not go this hostal

I spent nice time here with good stuff. It's not huge facility though, they have excellent stuff! They are very helpful and provide enough info for our stay.

• 26th May 2014
  • Japan

The staff was great! Everyone was friendly and knew the area well. Unfortunately, the area was pretty sketchy. My main complaint though would be the room/bathroom size and no a/c. I slept a combined 8 hours at most in the 2 nights we spent there before we left for a hotel the last 2 days.

• 23rd May 2014

We were greeted by a very friendly staff...they were very helpful in helping us figure out the bus schedule/drop off sites, etc. & invited us to go bar-hopping with them.

• 15th May 2014

Great folk. Very friendly, helpful and sociable.

• 15th May 2014

The weather during our time in Puerto Rico wasn't that good but I still can say I had an awesome vacation! We had so much fun with Saby, the best nightlife tour guide ever! She takes care of everybody who is coming with her and she knows, where you have to go to have fun, to dance and to get the best drinks! Also with Douglas who is such a cheerful nature and made me smile even if the weather was bad. Thank you so mach guys, we had a great time because of and with you! I wanna come back! :)Lisa

• 6th May 2014

Nice hostel, decent location, pretty clean. No ac but each bed had a fan which helped a ton. Organizes some pretty good events as well

The area is in an up and coming neighborhood. so many great restaurants in the area! think of a bushwick, brooklyn of puerto rico. very cool place and so much fun! short walk to the beach. this place is not for everybody but we would keep in mind this place again when we visit. we saved so much $, so we could really enjoy eateries and bars.

• 25th Apr 2014

I WILL NEVER MAKE THIS MISTAKE AGAIN FIRST OF ALL MY SISTER GOT THERE ON THE 19TH APRIL NO ONE CAN FIND THE RESERVATION FOR THE 4 ROOMS I RESERVED WHEN I GOT THERE ON THE 20TH I FOUND MY FAMILY SLEEPING IN WHAT THEY CALL THE COMMON ROOM THIS WAS DONE THRU THE MERCY OF ONE OF THE EMPLOYEE (THANK YOU A MILLION) AND I FOUND MY SISTER IN THE SHOWER TRYING TO TAKE A SHOW WITH A CUP FROM THE LOWER PIPE WITH COLD WATER IN THE BATHROOM YOU ALL NEED TO VISIT THESE PLACES BEFORE YOU ADVERTISE

• 19th Apr 2014

Staying at this hostel was the best decision I could have made. Staff is exceptional and tons of fun. They took us out to different bars and clubs both nights I was there and offered suggestions for daytime activities around the island. The hostel itself is very clean and they provide beach towels/sheets. This is definitely the place to stay in San Juan if you're looking to make friends and have a good time. Be sure to hit up the bar on the corner for a $1.50 gasolina!

Amazing staff! Amazing people! Amazing trip!

• 9th Apr 2014

My friend and i were there on april and we really liked this place. Everything was near! We also met Steve and he was nice! He brought us to Pinkys, a really nice place! Had fun!!

• 6th Apr 2014

Great spot to meet other travelers, staff is very friendly, neighbors were very nice, but expect to sleep on bunk beds with a cold shower.

• 6th Apr 2014