Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

Wonderful staff... very friendly and helpful. Pancake's for breakfast and fresh fruit every morning!!!

• 14th Dec 2014

Great little hostel in San Juan! Just outside of the touristy areas, which means a more relaxed neighborhood with a slower pace (and cheaper food/drink!). Basic accommodations, but very clean and comfortable! Anything that this hostel might lack in fancy "facilities" is more than made up for by the wonderful staff and incredible atmosphere. Such a chill vibe, and a great atmosphere for meeting all sorts of lovely people :)

This was a chill little hostel in a cool, non touristy neighborhood. My Puerto Rican friends all told me it was unsafe but that's an exaggeration. The neighborhood was nice and quiet and I never felt unsafe. If you want to avoid the costly tourist trap resorts, then this is a good option. There aren't a whole lot of activities here so it isn't for the party animal traveler. It's more to relax and basically just have a place to sleep. Staff is nice and the pancakes in the morning rock!

My friend and I recently (Nov. 14, 2014) went to Puerto Rico and we originally booked beds at this hostel and we regretted it immediately. We landed at 5 AM and the door was locked, nobody answered the phone (the sign said they were available 24/7) and the taxi driver took us to a safe spot (shady place with prostitutes).When I called to cancel, the guy was very rude and very short with me, even though it was my friend and I who were inconvenienced. Spend a little more money and stay at a motel.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

room is a lot smaller than what it appears in photo. hostel introduced me to a private tour guide which took our money (110 USD per person for visiting several locations. there were two other guys who found this tour guide on Facebook. ), dropped us off at the Rio Camuy Cave Park (which was closed), left us there and never to be heard again. Tried contacting him but never replied. Told the hostel and all they said was they were sorry and quickly said that they won't refund us the $.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I had a not great night but could tell it was a fluke due to bad roommates. The staff was excellent - If I stayed longer they definitely would have changed my room assignment and done plenty to make up for my bad night, which I appreciated even though I could not take advantage. There are a lot of stairs though - so beware! My mixed dorm was up three flights of narrow stairs. All in all, I think if I stayed longer I would have had a better time. Nice staff.

Nice hostel! Only stayed one night, but the staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations for food and nightlife in the area. Very convenient to La Placita, which was a great place to go out for the night.

It is a great hostel! We had a lovely time and the staff was amazing! Just wish we could have stayed longer! I totally recommend it!

Best staff. Clean. Perfect location. Ideal for travelers who want to experience the real puerto rico, walk the streets where locals live and hang out, and eat cheap authentic food. And no it is not dangerous.

• 8th Oct 2014

A wonderful staff, which counts for everything when you're staying at a hostel!!!

• 6th Oct 2014

Wonderful hostel!! This was my third time coming back and I have enjoyed my stay every time. The staff if the best part of the hostel!! They will show you how to get anywhere you need and find good bars to go to no matter the night of the week.

• 26th Sep 2014

wow what can i say i bloody love the place.i stayed there for 3 days and well,wanted to stay a lot longer:)a very nice little spot ,well located , clean, well organized and staff is very nice and accommodating;;))everyone is smiling,having a sweet time and always when i see them they would like to assist you in any possible way to make your stay as comfortable,memorable and enjoyable as possible.Thank you lots Jessica ,Rafito and Javier!Hope to see you again sometime or somewhere in the world!

• 21st Sep 2014
  • South Africa

Super friendly staff who where very helpful and took good care of us. The dorm room I stayed in was ensuite and only had 4 beds. Only recommendation would be for them to install lockers. It only took us about 20 minutes to get to old town using the 50 cent city bus.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Hungary

Located in Miramar, a district that may look sketchy at first place but the staff convinced me that the area is okay. There are 24hr Walmart and Walgreens nearby. It is definitely the closest hostel to Condado beach and taking M3 bus to Old San Juan is easy. Some reviews said bedroom and bathroom are small. Yes. But the beds are big compare to other hostels and the bathroom looks decent. Most importantly, the staff are very friendly and care about your stay. Highly recommended!

Very convenient location. Right in new San Juan downtown, walking distance to a lot of attractions and bus line, convenience store and small local restaurants. The front desk girl was amazing. She is very passionate, accommodating, and helpful. Guests here are sweet and open. Good hostel atmosphere. The only thing that's less than perfect is the bathroom, which is too small. A bit hard to be functional... lol But very nice hostel with characteristics.

The staff and owner were extremely social and friendly. I highly recommend this place if you're looking to relax but still have an active scene available.

• 7th Aug 2014