Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

- Fungus on the ceiling - No hot water or shower heads - Bathroom is the size of a closet - No windows in the room (air was very stagnant) - Uncomfortable and dirty mattresses - Treacherous stairs up to rooms on top floor - Unsafe area (taxi drivers told us that they had gotten assaulted multiple times in that area) The staff were very friendly and helpful, however! The garden area was such a nice idea.

Decent hostel. Good location, close to San Juan nightlife. Security of valuables is a little sketchy. For a city with a high crime rate, I was surprised to see that the hostel had only a few really cheap looking lockers located outside the rooms in a space accessible to any passersby, even those not affiliated with the hostel. Room was also quite cramped, but did the job. Quiet hours were a bit odd for a hostel.

The hostel was a great! I highly recommend it to any age group. The staff was very welcoming and inviting. The location was ideal (beach, bars, and restaurants were at a walking distance). Also, the bus was only a block away and it would take you all the way to Old San Juan.

• 8th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

You all were amazing! Thank you for my first hostel experience!!!! :D see you guys soon!

• 3rd Mar 2015

WONDERFUL atmosphere!! About the staff: AMAZING people!! Joe, Jess, "Shilla" aka Panda, Alex, Liam, Yvan...thank you guys for the lovely days!! Had blast every minute!! Making long short: what a nice place to be.

I had a great time here! The staff makes you feel at home. I will definitely come back when in PR again.

Two staff that I came into contact with were great but other two acted like guys that were there to hang out and did not serve the guests of the hostel very well. When asked about the bus to Old San Juan one answer was, "I don't know, I don't take the bus." Unacceptable since he has been there for quite some time and has most likely got that question many times before and should have found out the answer by now. No hot water to wash dishes in the common room is awful. Need lockers in rooms.

I had a very good stay at Island Time Hostel. The staff was very cool and they made me feel welcome. The hostel is close to Condado Beach and there is plenty of restaurants and grocery stores close by. I would want to come back!

• 9th Feb 2015
  • Denmark

Great location! Didn't have to worry about mosquitoes for the most part, good AC. Nothing to complain about :)

At first, arriving in the dark, it looked like a scary neighborhood, but after exploring the area and the close location to the beach, I enjoyed it very much. Note: The deposit I paid through hostel world was not immediately visible in their computer, but as soon as I mentioned this and showed them my reservation they honored the price completely, no additional questions. Rooms are VERY VERY TIGHT, but the clean sheets, ac in the bedrooms , coffee and free clean towels are greatly appreciated.

The room smelled musty causing all the clothes in my backpack to absorb the scent with less than 12 hours within the hostel room. The staff was helpful and friendly. After being picked up by a friend from San Juan, I was warned about the area being extremely dangerous but I did not personally have any problems.

Great staff, really helpful and fun

It is awesome living in Island Time! The location is good,take bus m3 then 10 minutes we can arrived old San Juan. The staff are very friendly and they can provide help as much as possible!Jess is out going,Joe is warm-hearted who can cook banana pancakes for us! Not to mention he is soooooo handsome with those speaking eyes. It is comfortable to stay there. If given another chance, I would still choose island time

One of the worst nights of sleep in my life. I've stayed in plenty of hostels and never had a sleeping situation as uncomfortable as this. 2 bunk beds crammed into a tiny room, hardly any room to even put a bag. Noise on the street all through the night, a mattress that forced me to change positions ever 15 minutes since springs were digging into me, and a sheet that might've actually been a curtain. I have no idea how this place has decent reviews.

Very small rooms. No space. No air. Very dark. No windows. No air conditioning. You can not sit on lower bed. Beds are not long enough. Very small bathrooms. Easy to get electric shock after touching heater. Very loud. The staff had a party until 3 a.m. just next to my room in the Wednesday. Common room small and smelling rancid food. Breakfast is too simple - nobody can cook pancakes, no kitchenware enough, only coffee (no tea).

Muy bien!

• 15th Jan 2015

This is a GREAT place to stay if you're a low-budget traveller looking for a friendly atmosphere and great people to party with!

• 8th Jan 2015

The staffs were very friendly and helpful! The walk to Condado area & beach are only ten minutes away! Would return again.

great staff..super friendly!

• 31st Dec 2014

Staff in Island Time hostel was very nice and very helpful. Hostel with great atmosphere! The hostel is located in Miramar borough, only 5 minutes walking from Condado borough (lagoon and shops). It is only 7 blocks from supermarket (El Pueblo) and only 6 km to Old San Juan. The mixed dorms in 3rd floor are quiet small, but as you are there only to sleep at night and take a shower is ok. The dorm (4 people) has a private bathroom and air conditioning. Breakfast included (fruits-coffee-waffle).