7.6
Very Good 249 Total Reviews
7.6
Very Good 249 Total Reviews
Island Time Hostel Located at 1050 Calle Mariana, , San Juan.
Puerto Rico
San Juan Puerto Rico 00907 1050 Calle Mariana
76% 249
18.4532114 -66.0771632
    Rooms available

10th Jul 2016
8.0

This was my best friend and I first trip to PR. We only stand in the hostel three days I stead of six, due to a fire next door to the hostel. But the staff was very friendly and welcoming. The neighborhood feel was wonderful. Not too far from the beach. And there is beautiful graffiti all in the area of Santurce. Loved my time in this beautiful place and the hostel was reasonable for what you pay. I would stay again, even though the fire made us have to leave.

7th Jul 2016

Had a great time here! The staff was really great, especially Jasmine and Jake!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Jul 2016
7.7

I loved the staff we met there, they were all soo helpful and understanding of everything. It was very unfortunate to see our Hostel caught fire 2 nights before we were ablut to leave, but they made sure to accommodate us as best as possible following the fire. Going to miss them a lot! Can't wait to see them back in action when the hostel re-opens its a great HOSTEL!

23rd Jun 2016

This was my 2nd stay at Island Time hostel and I was not disappointed. The facility was clean and the staff were very friendly. Jasmine, one of the staff members, was very helpful in making this trip memorable. She accompanied my sister and I on several adventures and showed us some good local hangout spots that not many tourists get to experience. Island Time is lucky to have her! I can't wait to visit again.

9th Jun 2016

During my time in Puerto Rico, I used Island Time as my home base while I was there. I enjoyed my time there. It is an authentic PR neighborhood in Santurce which is a 10min short walk to Condado and the beach. The bus to old San Juan and airport runs very close to it. They have very local bars right across the street and on the corner where you can get cheap food and beer. Safe, fairly clean, and volunteer staff were great. Chris, Eddie, Derrik, Jazmin, and Rana all made my stay great.

• USA, Female, 25-30
6th Jun 2016

The place is in an awesome location, but the rooms are very small with only one lock between you and the outside. However, I did not feel uncomfortable. The staff was very welcoming and the other guests were very friendly. I loved the I could walk to the beach (there is no parking around it) in about 10 minutes.

• England, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016
7.1

I think the people who gave this a bad review have never stayed in hostel before. It's cute, that staff are accommodating. Free Booze on Fridays, all day breakfast and coffee. Location is ok, you can walk to the lagoon or the beach. However maybe not the safest area at night. Rooms are basic but fine, you get sheets and a towel. Did have a couple of lil roaches on my bed one night.

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2016
2.3

I was pretty astonished that this place is so highly rated - we had dead roaches on our sheets and were offered drugs by some locals who were hanging out at the hostel before we even checked in. After staying in over 80 hostels through CA, SE Asia and Africa this would be the worst I have stayed in, we didn't even spend our second night there that we had already paid for. Nearby strip club is incredibly loud throughout the night and attracts the people you could imagine.

15th Apr 2016
4.0

I should have read the reviews more closely and I shouldn't have expected much for $25 a night. The Wifi didn't work very well. I had trouble sleeping because the bar across the street was extremely noisy, and the A/C hardly worked at all. The worst part was that the guy at the front desk was not very helpful and had a shitty attitude, like I was wasting his time. I booked two nights, but I couldn't take a second night of no sleep, so I let them keep the money and booked a room in a hotel.