6.9
Good 233 Total Reviews
6.9
Good 233 Total Reviews
Island Time Hostel Located at 1050 Calle Mariana, , San Juan.
Puerto Rico
San Juan Puerto Rico 00907 1050 Calle Mariana
69% 233
18.4532114 -66.0771632
    Rooms available

15th Apr 2016
4.0

I should have read the reviews more closely and I shouldn't have expected much for $25 a night. The Wifi didn't work very well. I had trouble sleeping because the bar across the street was extremely noisy, and the A/C hardly worked at all. The worst part was that the guy at the front desk was not very helpful and had a shitty attitude, like I was wasting his time. I booked two nights, but I couldn't take a second night of no sleep, so I let them keep the money and booked a room in a hotel.

10th Mar 2016
8.0

Stayed at Island Time last month in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The staff was very helpful. Justin took me to spme great locations on the island. He was able to take me to Pinones where you can taste some of the best local food in Puerto Rico and there is a beautiful beach across the street. For food in Pinones I suggest going to KIOSKO EL BORICUA! Yum! During my stay the National Day of Salsa was going on and Justin was able to drop me off at the festivities! This saved me money and time!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th Feb 2016
7.7

Everything was cool except the shower leaking and the handle for it being broken

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
19th Feb 2016
5.4

The location didn't feel very safe for a single female traveller. Very noisy place and the kitchen is looked during the night s if you wanna get up early and do some activities you can't get access to your food :( I did not appreciate all the cats that where all over including in the beds. This is a place for party people only.

18th Feb 2016
7.4

Decent private room, near quite a bit of activities and food options. Close to old San Juan which was definitely a plus.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2016
7.7

the location is amazing. it's more a local hostel so do not expect something too clean/fancy.

2nd Feb 2016
6.6

Booked into a mixed dorm where I was sexually harassed by the only other male roommate. Distraught- I left my things and asked for another bed. I was put into another dorm of all men and was pretty shook up. Not sure what happened to that guy..or if management ever did anything about it...noone asked me anything. It's not the hostel's fault- but for the first time in years of traveling alone- I did not feel safe at all where I was. And I was paying to be there. Id splurge for a private room.

• Sweden, All Female Group, 18-24
23rd Jan 2016

One of the best places we have ever stayed! All thanks to the great staff and an amazing group of guests. There was always something going on at the hostel and you were always welcome to join; barbecue parties, bonfire nights and beach days. There was a free make your own breakfast consisting of pancake mix and oatmeal as well as coffee and fruits. Special thanks to Kyle, Tony and Memory who became like our family! We have already booked our next stay 😎

• Denmark, Female, 25-30
16th Jan 2016

This was hands down my favorite stay at a hostel ever! If you want an authentic Puerto Rican experience, this is a great place to start. It is located in a residential area, one of the oldest in San Juan. If you yell after Julio from the 1st floor balcony, his wife will cook you dinner for 5-6$; you get the picture. At the same time it is walking distance from the beach and the bus to Old San Juan is around the corner. Best of all is the staff. I stayed for 10 days and got a family. Thank you!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
14th Jan 2016
6.6

We stayed here on our first night in San Juan during mid January. There were no other guests around at the time when we arrived at 8 pm, neither in the rooms or any of the common areas (the rooftop, the kitchen), which made us feel uneasy/lacking in atmosphere. Lockers were provided, but they sat outside the rooms, easily accessible from the street. Other than that, beds in the 4-bed dorm were comfortable with A/C and the free pancake mix in the kitchen was tasty.