7.0
Very Good 241 Total Reviews
7.0
Very Good 241 Total Reviews
Island Time Hostel Located at 1050 Calle Mariana, , San Juan.
Puerto Rico
San Juan Puerto Rico 00907 1050 Calle Mariana
70% 241
18.4532114 -66.0771632
    Rooms available

• England, Male, 25-30
13th May 2016
7.1

I think the people who gave this a bad review have never stayed in hostel before. It's cute, that staff are accommodating. Free Booze on Fridays, all day breakfast and coffee. Location is ok, you can walk to the lagoon or the beach. However maybe not the safest area at night. Rooms are basic but fine, you get sheets and a towel. Did have a couple of lil roaches on my bed one night.

• USA, Male, 18-24
16th Apr 2016
2.3

I was pretty astonished that this place is so highly rated - we had dead roaches on our sheets and were offered drugs by some locals who were hanging out at the hostel before we even checked in. After staying in over 80 hostels through CA, SE Asia and Africa this would be the worst I have stayed in, we didn't even spend our second night there that we had already paid for. Nearby strip club is incredibly loud throughout the night and attracts the people you could imagine.

15th Apr 2016
4.0

I should have read the reviews more closely and I shouldn't have expected much for $25 a night. The Wifi didn't work very well. I had trouble sleeping because the bar across the street was extremely noisy, and the A/C hardly worked at all. The worst part was that the guy at the front desk was not very helpful and had a shitty attitude, like I was wasting his time. I booked two nights, but I couldn't take a second night of no sleep, so I let them keep the money and booked a room in a hotel.

25th Mar 2016
4.3

Not sure why people seem to like this place. For me its one of the worst places that I have stayed. Staff is arrogant and not helpfull, rooms are very small and facilities are poor. Seems to also atract very sketchy people. I stayed in five different hostels in the city and I can tell you that you can easily find much better.

10th Mar 2016
8.0

Stayed at Island Time last month in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The staff was very helpful. Justin took me to spme great locations on the island. He was able to take me to Pinones where you can taste some of the best local food in Puerto Rico and there is a beautiful beach across the street. For food in Pinones I suggest going to KIOSKO EL BORICUA! Yum! During my stay the National Day of Salsa was going on and Justin was able to drop me off at the festivities! This saved me money and time!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
20th Feb 2016
7.7

Everything was cool except the shower leaking and the handle for it being broken

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
19th Feb 2016
5.4

The location didn't feel very safe for a single female traveller. Very noisy place and the kitchen is looked during the night s if you wanna get up early and do some activities you can't get access to your food :( I did not appreciate all the cats that where all over including in the beds. This is a place for party people only.

18th Feb 2016
7.4

Decent private room, near quite a bit of activities and food options. Close to old San Juan which was definitely a plus.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Feb 2016
7.7

the location is amazing. it's more a local hostel so do not expect something too clean/fancy.

2nd Feb 2016
6.6

Booked into a mixed dorm where I was sexually harassed by the only other male roommate. Distraught- I left my things and asked for another bed. I was put into another dorm of all men and was pretty shook up. Not sure what happened to that guy..or if management ever did anything about it...noone asked me anything. It's not the hostel's fault- but for the first time in years of traveling alone- I did not feel safe at all where I was. And I was paying to be there. Id splurge for a private room.