Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

great staff..super friendly!

• 31st Dec 2014

Staff in Island Time hostel was very nice and very helpful. Hostel with great atmosphere! The hostel is located in Miramar borough, only 5 minutes walking from Condado borough (lagoon and shops). It is only 7 blocks from supermarket (El Pueblo) and only 6 km to Old San Juan. The mixed dorms in 3rd floor are quiet small, but as you are there only to sleep at night and take a shower is ok. The dorm (4 people) has a private bathroom and air conditioning. Breakfast included (fruits-coffee-waffle).

Very basic place but well kept. Expensive for what it is, but is affordable compared to other options.

• 26th Dec 2014

A solid hostel when in San Juan. Friendly staff. I stayed in a private so can't vouch for the dorms, but the room was basic and clean. It included AC, which was really welcome. Do-it-yourself pancakes in the morning were fun. Although the neighborhood seemed a bit gritty and rough, I felt safe enough, plus it was close to some good restaurants (Levis) and bars, and within walking distance of Av. Ashford, a major hotel/bar/restaurant/shopping street.

I had a great time at this hostel as I had many opportunities to meet many people from different backgrounds and cultures. The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful like the neighbors in the vicinity. In fact, the kindness and generosity displayed are the same as the rest of Puerto Rico.

• 22nd Dec 2014

Wonderful staff... very friendly and helpful. Pancake's for breakfast and fresh fruit every morning!!!

• 14th Dec 2014

Great little hostel in San Juan! Just outside of the touristy areas, which means a more relaxed neighborhood with a slower pace (and cheaper food/drink!). Basic accommodations, but very clean and comfortable! Anything that this hostel might lack in fancy "facilities" is more than made up for by the wonderful staff and incredible atmosphere. Such a chill vibe, and a great atmosphere for meeting all sorts of lovely people :)

This was a chill little hostel in a cool, non touristy neighborhood. My Puerto Rican friends all told me it was unsafe but that's an exaggeration. The neighborhood was nice and quiet and I never felt unsafe. If you want to avoid the costly tourist trap resorts, then this is a good option. There aren't a whole lot of activities here so it isn't for the party animal traveler. It's more to relax and basically just have a place to sleep. Staff is nice and the pancakes in the morning rock!

My friend and I recently (Nov. 14, 2014) went to Puerto Rico and we originally booked beds at this hostel and we regretted it immediately. We landed at 5 AM and the door was locked, nobody answered the phone (the sign said they were available 24/7) and the taxi driver took us to a safe spot (shady place with prostitutes).When I called to cancel, the guy was very rude and very short with me, even though it was my friend and I who were inconvenienced. Spend a little more money and stay at a motel.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

room is a lot smaller than what it appears in photo. hostel introduced me to a private tour guide which took our money (110 USD per person for visiting several locations. there were two other guys who found this tour guide on Facebook. ), dropped us off at the Rio Camuy Cave Park (which was closed), left us there and never to be heard again. Tried contacting him but never replied. Told the hostel and all they said was they were sorry and quickly said that they won't refund us the $.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

I had a not great night but could tell it was a fluke due to bad roommates. The staff was excellent - If I stayed longer they definitely would have changed my room assignment and done plenty to make up for my bad night, which I appreciated even though I could not take advantage. There are a lot of stairs though - so beware! My mixed dorm was up three flights of narrow stairs. All in all, I think if I stayed longer I would have had a better time. Nice staff.

Nice hostel! Only stayed one night, but the staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations for food and nightlife in the area. Very convenient to La Placita, which was a great place to go out for the night.

It is a great hostel! We had a lovely time and the staff was amazing! Just wish we could have stayed longer! I totally recommend it!

1 2 Next » last »