Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

The neighbourhood looks a bit shady when you get off the bus, but is actually very friendly and safe. The location of the hostel is excellent, only a short walk from the beach (you have to cross a busy street though), and from everything you need (Walmart, bars, busstop and even the old town, although I would recommend taking the bus) The rooms are small, especially the dorms, but good enough. The staff of this hostel is excellent. Cory will help you with everything you need.

Staff was great and helpful!

Location was ideal, just minutes to the beach and lagoon. Bus to Old San Juan is just a block away! Cory and the rest of the staff were very helpful! We staying in the private double bed room. It is perfect for a couple traveling together. We really enjoyed having a kitchen at our disposal and eating family meals with everyone. Never had a problem figuring out where to eat or go out, Cory will answer any questions you have! Will definitley return!

IT might seem to be in a sketchy area, but I couldn't have felt safer while walking back in the early morning; we even slept with the door open to enjoy the island breeze! The showers are cold and cool you off from the Puerto Rican heat, I have no complaints about our stay in the wonderfully quirky building, and it's only a 10 min walk from Condado beach. The staff was AMAZING and personally take you out and show you a good time. When in San Juan, the only place to stay is Island Time.

We had a car rental and were hesitant about leaving it parked out on the street near the hostel - it didn't feel very safe at all although nothing ended up happening to it overnight luckily. The rooms were also extremely small and underwhelming - I've stayed in hostels all over the world and I don't believe that the rooms have ever been this sad looking. On the positive, the staff member who greeted us and showed us to our rooms was extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful.

• 5th Mar 2014

The hostel have not hot water, rooms are too small, ambience is ugly

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

The place is located in a risky neighborhood; we were concerned about being out at night. It was also very noisy at night (quiet hours are not enforced).

I had an amazing time there. The staff were great and very helpfull. We want to go back ! The hostel is at 8 minutes walk from the beach. You can go to old San Juan in 15 minutes by bus. You can go to the grocery store in 10 minutes. It's a very good spot. The kitchen have everything you need. You just feel at home, but in the sun...perfect Special thanks to Cory and Lisa for the great Island time :)

• 27th Feb 2014

The person who greeted me was awesome. There was a large group of high school students staying there. I didn't mind because I was only hanging around for a short time, and they were fun to chat with. A bus to Old San Juan was really easy to get. No running water in the shower. It did the trick for a night, but I was glad I wasn't staying for long. It would have been cooler if there were other people, or things to do in the neighborhood.

• 17th Feb 2014

Great for backpackers! Very laidback hostel and lively staff. On our first night we went out to the Heineken Bar in Condado with Cory, the hostel manager.. He bought us a couple of rounds and it was a great night. The hostel location is great, my boyfriend and I didn't rent a car so depended on walking or public transportation and we were able to get around very easily and cheap. You're a 10 minute walk from condado beach, 10 minute walk from la plazita which is full of bars and clubs.

• 14th Feb 2014

Staff was great and helpful but the hostel itself is not that great. Super small rooms, everything a little bit shabby. Area is also not that great and the showers only have cold water.

The staff was there promptly when it opened and the rooms were clean. Bathrooms were def quite small and as others have said, only cold showers available. But good location for the price.

• 4th Feb 2014

The common room is so small for the capacity of the hostel, the kitchen too and not greatly equipped. The staff are great but the place not so much a bit overpriced for what you get.

1 2 Next » last »