Island Time Hostel Reviews

1050 Calle Mariana, San Juan, Puerto Rico

I had such a great here time. I will definitely return.

I was traveling alone and had no idea how the place is going to be. Once I arrived at the hostel, I was glad that I found very nice people who were providing any assistance that I needed like suggesting nice places to eat (decent prices), visit and how I can easily get there like via buses. After five nights of staying there, I really made great bonding with the hostel staffs and people staying there. I was satisfied from overall staying in the hostel and I did enjoy staying in Porto Rico.

The neighbourhood looks a bit shady when you get off the bus, but is actually very friendly and safe. The location of the hostel is excellent, only a short walk from the beach (you have to cross a busy street though), and from everything you need (Walmart, bars, busstop and even the old town, although I would recommend taking the bus) The rooms are small, especially the dorms, but good enough. The staff of this hostel is excellent. Cory will help you with everything you need.

Staff was great and helpful!

Location was ideal, just minutes to the beach and lagoon. Bus to Old San Juan is just a block away! Cory and the rest of the staff were very helpful! We staying in the private double bed room. It is perfect for a couple traveling together. We really enjoyed having a kitchen at our disposal and eating family meals with everyone. Never had a problem figuring out where to eat or go out, Cory will answer any questions you have! Will definitley return!

IT might seem to be in a sketchy area, but I couldn't have felt safer while walking back in the early morning; we even slept with the door open to enjoy the island breeze! The showers are cold and cool you off from the Puerto Rican heat, I have no complaints about our stay in the wonderfully quirky building, and it's only a 10 min walk from Condado beach. The staff was AMAZING and personally take you out and show you a good time. When in San Juan, the only place to stay is Island Time.

We had a car rental and were hesitant about leaving it parked out on the street near the hostel - it didn't feel very safe at all although nothing ended up happening to it overnight luckily. The rooms were also extremely small and underwhelming - I've stayed in hostels all over the world and I don't believe that the rooms have ever been this sad looking. On the positive, the staff member who greeted us and showed us to our rooms was extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful.

• 5th Mar 2014

The hostel have not hot water, rooms are too small, ambience is ugly

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

The place is located in a risky neighborhood; we were concerned about being out at night. It was also very noisy at night (quiet hours are not enforced).

I had an amazing time there. The staff were great and very helpfull. We want to go back ! The hostel is at 8 minutes walk from the beach. You can go to old San Juan in 15 minutes by bus. You can go to the grocery store in 10 minutes. It's a very good spot. The kitchen have everything you need. You just feel at home, but in the sun...perfect Special thanks to Cory and Lisa for the great Island time :)

• 27th Feb 2014