Islander Backpackers Resort Reviews

Really good location. Difficult facilities which made you enjoy staying there.

Different to a typical hostel as dorms are old hotel rooms. They are ok and have what you need. The whole place is in need of being updated. You get free use of hotel facilities (pool and spa) which is great.

No atmosphere, poor staff who really didn't care. Been staying in nomads all over Australia and this one let the company down unfortunately

• 11th Jul 2014

Great hotel/hostel resort! Definetley be back :) On the flipside... cleaners could of done a better job daily in the backpackers rooms!?! :(

Dear Nikki, Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you on your return to Surfers Paradise. We appreciate you raising the Housekeeping related matters.

I am a girl and traveling by myself I did not felt safe. There was an homeless old lady in my room, but the personnel was very nice and changed my room.

Dear Giovanna, we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time in our dormitory rooms, we have 24 Hour reception and management and would have been happy to assist if the matters were raised while staying with us. All the best with your future travels and we appreciate your feedback on our wonderful staff.

More a hotel than a hostel with excellent facilities and kind staff. Located less than 5mins from the beach and bars/clubs. Great value for money especially as we were upgraded from an 8 bed dorm to 5 with a fridge and TV.

Literally 2 minutes walk on to surfers beach, swimming pool, hot tub, quality kitchen, we had a balcony and private bathroom in a four bed dorm. Definitely the best place to stay in Surfers for price location and facilities. Definitely go!

Dear Harry, you summed up our property and the destination perfectly!! :). Thank you for sharing such wonderful feedback and we wish you a safe onward journey.

Great atmosphere in and around the resort. the carpets in the room look as though they haven't been cleaned for a while. Decent size kitchen and amenities, pool is rather cold but the spa and steam room were good! Location is ideal very central to everything you need and the beach is a 5 min walk away.

It was a pity that the shower was no higher then my shoulder, so I had to bend over to wash my hair.

More like a hotel, no atmosphere for backpackers whatsoever. Very impersonal. However the rooms were good and clean and location was perfect! Right by greyhound stop and a stones throw from Main Street and surfers beach

This is the best hostel I stayed in Australia. Reasons: you can barely call this one a hostel since it's a hotel with 24 h reception and bathroom in the room and with swimming pool , tennis court, bar , spa close to dorm rooms that you could use anytime you want. I came here in April /off season so I had a big room on the first floor with one roommate at a time in a five ppl s dorm room, rooms are quite big. Outside the Back door/all window is a garden and pool. How great is that.

Dear Rufei, wow what a fantastic and complimentary review to receive!. We think we are special as well and appreciate your kind words. We look forward to greeting you again in the future.

Its part of a good hotel so the facilities are good and the room spacious, but it lacks the backpacker atmosphere.

Great location - relaxed hostel with a hotel vibe. Was disappointed that you need to leave a deposit to use cutlery.

hi i just stay one night. but i booking three night.

• 22nd Mar 2014