Islander Backpackers Resort Reviews

When I arrived, it looked like a rundown mess. I tried to cancel my booking but I was unable to get a refund.

• 27th Jul 2015

Good spot in Surfers, rooms are old and tired, beds are cheap and small.

Book this place if you want to experience Surfers in all its glory. Truly an eye opening experience. My roommie ran a meth lab. And the beds shook late into the night. But walking distance to best stuff. Especially the clubs. Lockers in room were great. Hot tub meant no sleep late into the night. Nonetheless, good stay.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Not really a hostel, I stayed in an old hotel room with bunk beds.

The location was good but the staff unfriendly. Our room was so dirty! The water tap dropped the whole night and I've never seen as much dust in one room as in the room they gave us. It looked like it hasn't been cleaned for quite a really long time! We didn't feel comfortable and were happy to leave after one night!

Dear Verena, We are sorry that our team did not give you the welcoming experience our guests deserve. Given we have daily Housekeeping services, I am disappointed to hear about the dust. I will follow up your room number and have a thorough clean undertaken. Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to address these matters. Regards Dean

Fairly old style rooms and bathrooms, needed more plug sockets (two for four people). Didn't get much of a hostel friend and welcoming vibe

Nice hostel with a lovely pool ;) The rooms are very nice and the staff is friendly! For the money it was veryvery good and has a good location as well. It is not a good place to meet a travellers buddy but!

You get what you pay for. I wasn't expecting a top level experience and I didn't get it either. It's a fine place to spend a few days. It's well located, very close to Bus terminal. In room fridge and TV was nice. Building Security almost didn't exist. In room lockers were nice and big.

Good hostel with a good vibe. All rooms have their own flatscreen and mini fridge. Location is amazing with short walk to anything you could want in surfers. Will definitely stay here again

Dear Brandon, We are wrapped to hear your positive feedback on our property and look forward to welcoming you back on your return. As noted we have an outstanding location with excellent facilities throughout. Regards Dean

Had to get a lift to my room room ok??it is a hotel

No A/C in room. Hot. Very basic amenities. Old resort. Great location. Only stayed one night. Locker in room was a plus.

This place was absolutely filthy. Honestly the fridge in the apartments looked like a health hazard. My bathroom wasn't cleaned once over my 4 night stay and it was absolutely gross. The floor wasn't swept or mopped either and there were stains everywhere. If that wasn't enough, it is unbelievably noisy. If you want any reasonable amount of sleep then don't stay here. There's noise until 5 am and then it starts again at 7/8 when people are getting up. Awful.

It really is a resort. This place is a hotel and not a hostel - which is nice. I liked this place and I would recommend to go there. The only problem is that it is hard to meet new people. I booked a 8 bed dorm and got a 5 bed dorm instead - free upgrade! If you want to relax and chill out at the pool, this is the right place for you.

Its only avantage is to be close to the other hostel named Down Under which is very good for the money

I really did not enjoy my time here, the whole place is really worn down and it is so noisy all the time, and I didn't feel comfortable, but also Surfer's is not a place to go if you are 'travelling', its a resort town where people go to go clubbing and its really commercial, and the hostel/hotel reflected that! But there is nothing wrong with that if that is what you want!

Love this place! A bit old but there is a spa, pool, sauna and even a TV in each room. Staff are generally helpful and friendly. Beach, clubs and shops are all walking distance. For a queen size surprise, try ask for bed no 2 when checking in and enjoy more leg room.

Paid a fee for not being foreign. Info did not clearly state that it wasn't available for Aussies.

• 5th Feb 2015