Islander Backpackers Resort Reviews

When I arrived, it looked like a rundown mess. I tried to cancel my booking but I was unable to get a refund.

• 27th Jul 2015

Dear guest, Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us. We do not allow cancellations on the day of arrival and apologise for the inconvenience that this caused. Obviously we don't agree with being referenced as a "mess", but do appreciate your opinion. Regards The Team @ Islander

Good spot in Surfers, rooms are old and tired, beds are cheap and small.

Dear guest, Thank you for noting our excellent location that sits next to the bus station and a short stroll to the beach and night life of Surfers Paradise. We are working hard with the property owners to reinvest and we have some exciting plans ahead. Stay Tuned. The Team @ Islander.

Book this place if you want to experience Surfers in all its glory. Truly an eye opening experience. My roommie ran a meth lab. And the beds shook late into the night. But walking distance to best stuff. Especially the clubs. Lockers in room were great. Hot tub meant no sleep late into the night. Nonetheless, good stay.

• 24th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Dear guest, ahhh the joys of dormitory rooms!. We appreciate the feedback and recognition for having the best location in Surfers Paradise. Our heated Spa shuts down at 10pm, but feel free to call our 24 hour Reception next time should you need any matters addressed either in room or externally :). Safe travels. The Team @ Islander.

Not really a hostel, I stayed in an old hotel room with bunk beds.

The location was good but the staff unfriendly. Our room was so dirty! The water tap dropped the whole night and I've never seen as much dust in one room as in the room they gave us. It looked like it hasn't been cleaned for quite a really long time! We didn't feel comfortable and were happy to leave after one night!

Dear Verena, We are sorry that our team did not give you the welcoming experience our guests deserve. Given we have daily Housekeeping services, I am disappointed to hear about the dust. I will follow up your room number and have a thorough clean undertaken. Thank you for your feedback and we will be sure to address these matters. Regards Dean

View all Surfers Paradise Hostels