Istanbul Green House Hostel Reviews

Cumhuriyet Cad. Paproncalli sok NO:15 Elmadağ, Istanbul, Turkey

Good hostel with everything you need and friendly staff

Great location near Taksim square and Istanbul congress center, albeit a bit off the main tourist locations. Located in a small building on a quiet street, the hostel is cozy and offers comfortable rooms and nice Turkish breakfast. Very clean sheets and facilities. WiFi worked fine everywhere. Had to extend my stay and the staff was extremely helpful saving me some hours of wandering around Istanbul's hostels. Never worried about security. I definitely recommend this place!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • Bulgaria

Thank you for staying at the Green House Hostel and my sincere appreciation to your comments on the Hostelworld. It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Warm regards, Ana

The hostel is located down in a hill, so be prepared on your way back! Also, there is no elevator in Green House. Beside this, the location is very good, near Taksim Square, the tram and Havatas bus stop. Anna (staff) was very kind and helpfull. They let me take shower after check out to take my plane. Towel was TL3.

Dear Guest, We greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback on your stay at our hostel.We truly value each and every review we receive.Indeed Green House Hostel is very close to Taksim Square,Istiklal Street and also Havatas shuttle bus,and Istanbul Conference Center.Our hostel is located in a Greek Style House,that is why not all the inside architecture can be changed,however we do inform about all the available amenities in the building on all our websites.We hope to host you again.Ana

The rooms were small but functional and the staff were very kind, overall, if you plan to saty a couple of days in Istanbul on an economy budget this place is very good, however, it is a hostel so bring your own soap and shampoo and do not expect opulence, you will get a bed, a toilet and a shower, internet access and an a/c and all of these are in a very small room. Again, ideal for short stays.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • Iran

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. Indeed you booked our economy room, In our offer you can find budget rooms but also bigger, with fancy design, from single to family rooms or apartment. As we are a hostel, we do offer a budget accomodation however you can use our offer for towel rental, buy soap or slippers. We also serve open buffet breakfast, which is included, free tea, cofee and water 24h. We hope to have another opportunity to host you.

Very nice room, except the bad smell from the toilet. Staff are very friendly and kind.

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing our hostel and for your feedback. All comments are appreciated as they help us improve our services and facilities. Our aim is to provide best quality service at a reasonable price and to welcome people from all over the World. We look forward to hosting you again in the future, Kind regards, Ana

We arrived in this small hostel in Taksim and the first thing that we have noticed was that it was really characteristic. The guys at the reception have been really kind, funny and did everything to help us. Unfortunately the place is really old, dirty and smelly. There were cracks on the walls, and the walls were dirty and moldy. It is really a pity that a really nice place like that, with wonderful people working in it, is in those conditions.

• 28th Jan 2014

Dear , Thank you for your review. We are happy you liked our staff. Recently we refreshed the outside of our property as well as some of the rooms and bathrooms. We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the future to experience this for yourself. Best regards, Talat

Friendly staff, breakfast is a little lacking and the heat also could run a little more.

It was our pleasure to host you. Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again and wish you all the best, GreenHouse Team

Great room, friendly and helpful staff

Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at Green Hosue Hostel and for high ratings. We are doing our best to make our guests vacation perfect. We were pleased to see you enjoyed most of the hostel services and facilities we have to offer and the staff provided a good and friendly service for you. We look forward to having you here again! Warm greetings from Istanbul, Ana

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to find me a room when I needed to stay another night and they were already booked. Great location too. Right by Taksim and a great kabob shop. This was one of my favorite hostels I've stayed in, and I've been traveling continuously for three years now.

Thank you for your kind review. We hope to host you again. Take care. GreenHouse Team

This is a very nice place to stay in Taksim, however it's a bit far from the attractions on the other side of the bridge, like Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Bazaar, etc. The WIFI was difficult, but overall my one-night stay here was fine for what I needed prior to catching my flight home. I'd recommend this to people who want to stay near Taksim and have already seen the other Istanbul attractions.

The staff were extremely friendly and courteous, going above and beyond to recommend dining places and help us with a few phone calls we needed to receive and make as we didn't have a local phone. We booked a private room but when we got there they recommended the apartment across the street since there was no one in it. It was very cozy, extra privacy, only missing a kitchen to be perfect. And something really important for me -- the internet was screaming fast. Highly recommend this hostel.

• 29th Oct 2013

Pretty dirty, there was dust all over the carpet, from entrance to inside the room. There's no decent place to take a shower, all they have for the whole building is a poor shower inside the toilet, you might stand on the toilet or hold it if you wanna shower. No greeting, no maps, no kind of information when we arrived. Location is convenient, close to Taksim Square and few meters from airport shuttle bus.

Great spot if you want to be close to Taksim sq and Istiklai street. Not a great place for chilling out or meeting people. Clean and comfortable enough- especially by Istanbul standards.

The Green House Taksim is an amazing hostel. The staff is incredible, welcoming and did everything that they could to make my stay an enjoyable one. Breakfast is delicious as they serve high quality, nicely prepared food and there is always free tea and coffee available. Their wifi internet is fast and they are generous people. The location is great as well. They have a really nice seating area at the front were you can chill out, work or just drink tea. I would highly recommend this hostel.

Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words, pozitive comment and high rating. We look forward to hosting you again, Best regards, Green House Team

The woman who works there is very rude. It's a good thing the owner of the hostel is agreeable because if he wasn't there to balance out her rudeness, I would have left immediately. She can't use the "this is how things are in Turkey" logic when dealing with foreigners. Most foreigners staying there aren't Turkish. She needs to learn how to interact with the culture and customs of foreigners and stop expecting foreigners to live by some unknown Turkish standard. She did not seem trustworthy.

The place is in an alright location, close to Taksim square but obviously far from Old Town. I think the atmosphere is too dull though, not very comfortable to hang around, and I never felt like the staff was very helpful.

The staff is really (but really) friendly and helpfull. Security is perfect (i dont know for stuffs into the dorms, i stayed in the double room), it is really not far from taksim which is the center of nightlife... Breakfast is good. One real shower for the double room and it would have been the perfect hostel ! I think that all the other rooms have their own bathroom.

Well, I planned to stay 5 nights at Green House Hostel, I have just spent one night due to the fact that when I came back from the city the second day in the evening there were 2 policemen waiting at the hostel reception waiting to shut down the hostel ! All customers have to find another hostel, the owner was very embarrassed , he paid the money back and a taxi in order to find another place.

Dear Francoıs , after 2 Hours we open Our Hostel Because there was missunderstanding i showed them permition receip than they opened and no body hade find place by themself! i sent all my Guest to My freinds Hostel!i found you too ,did you find Hostel by yourself a.g? we all welcome our Guest and we Have permİTİON FOR RUNING HOSTEL. you can check from the main page. Best regards

If you reopen please put individual lights on each bed. It is very hard to sleep when there is one main bright light. Please also put a power point next to each bed. I don't like to leave my phone or laptop on the floor during the night to charge as it would be easily stolen or stepped on.

• 24th Sep 2013

The staff was really helpful helping me generate clever ideas for less touristic parts of istanbul to see once I had seen.and done all big sights. The breakfast in the morning was very good, traditional turkish, and it was nice to be able to eat and watch the world news. Girls dorm was really clean, good natural lighting with a cute balcony. Also nice outdoor seating for some good people watching. Great place to stay, highly recommended!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6